Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - February"

  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The correct thing to do is keep the loyalty reward system in place but just stop adding milestones.

    A person who buys ESO after the switch should get the mount after paying for 300 days of ESO Plus.

    A person who purchased ESO a few months the ago and currently has 100 days should get the tiger once they purchase 200 days of ESO Plus.

    It's not difficult.

    The mount is not part of the loyalty program and is a one time compensation for people who paid all this time just to be told the game is going B2P. So even if they did leave the loyalty system in place you would never see this mount again regardless.
    It's a reward for being a consumer for a certain length of time. It's a loyalty reward regardless of what Zenimax wants to call it.

    As it stands, many people who played the beta, pre-ordered special editions, and essentially did everything else they could to be loyal are now being valued less as customers because they missed a bit of time for whatever reason. This is dumb. There is no reason to have a cut off date for this reward.

    300 days of paid time at any time is the only correct answer.
    Options
  • tap3ahchinaeb17_ESO
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    Ehcko wrote: »
    Please could someone from ZOS clarify this statement.

    "You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th."

    I have paid for 240 days of subscription time.

    My next billing date is a week and few days before March 16th.

    If I then PAY for a 90 days subscription on my next billing date which can still be selected on the subscription page, to meet the "have PAID for 300 total days of subcription time", do I qualify for the Mount?

    The statement does not specify paid and have used up 300 total days of subscription. My question deals with the used up part. Must the paid for days be already used up?

    Thanks.

    If I do not get the mount, it is not the end of the world, it doesn't even fit in with my main character anyway who is a Breton Templar whom i play as a cleric with hammer and shield on solo and healer with staff in groups.

    Someone from the European forums got this question answered. And the answer is no unfortunately. The time has to be paid AND used to become eligible.

    You are wrong. It does count.

    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2vrv0c/news_confirmation_senche_mount_is_based_on_paid/

    I'm glad this is cleared up.
    Practically, this means anyone with only 3 months paid (and elapsed) can get the tiger. They can pay for a month now, and for another 6 months at 15.03. That's 10 months in total.
    It's pretty clear the tiger is the incentive for last minute subscription.
    Options
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    loyalty program is a joke. should be for people that have subbed the required amount of time.

    not a garbage fanboi reward for blindless loyalty wither it was deserved or not.

    its actually a FU! did you get the 100$ pre order? cool but FU. did you beta test the *** outa the game? cool but FU! you didnt blindlessly sub since day one? FU!

    CANT WAIT to watch this game crash and burn even harder on console! get them box sales!

    gj zos your concept of loyalty! just convinced me to delete account and disband eso guild.
    Edited by Naivefanboi on February 13, 2015 4:47PM
    Options
  • kgallellab14_ESO
    Garbrac wrote: »
    "[...] we'll almost certainly have experience boost potions in the store at some point [...] you still have the choice of purchasing them with crowns or in-game gold"

    Will alchemist also be able to make better versions of these pots which is why they can be bought for gold or are you saying, we can buy select items from the crown store with in-game gold? I sure hope you mean Alchemist can make them. Why have a potion in the game that is non-existent to those who've mastered the way of Herbs and Spices?

    lol players will not be crafting xp boosters.

    gonna be funny when people find a way to exploit cp's with xp boosts.

    I think the poster you quoted was referring to health/magicka/stamina potions.

    Edit: Just got caught up. I would have thought it would go without saying that xp potions aren't craftable. I guess it isn't obvious to everyone.
    Edited by kgallellab14_ESO on February 13, 2015 4:48PM
    Options
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    loyalty program is a joke. should be for people that have subbed the required amount of time.

    not a garbage fanboi reward for blindless loyalty wither it was deserved or not.

    its actually a FU! did you get the 100$ pre order? cool but FU. did you beta test the *** outa the game? cool but FU! you didnt blindlessly sub since day one? FU!

    CANT WAIT to watch this game crash and burn even harder on console! get them box sales!

    gj zos your concept of loyalty! just convinced me to delete account and disband eso guild.

    Spoiled little brat.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The correct thing to do is keep the loyalty reward system in place but just stop adding milestones.

    A person who buys ESO after the switch should get the mount after paying for 300 days of ESO Plus.

    A person who purchased ESO a few months the ago and currently has 100 days should get the tiger once they purchase 200 days of ESO Plus.

    It's not difficult.

    The mount is not part of the loyalty program and is a one time compensation for people who paid all this time just to be told the game is going B2P. So even if they did leave the loyalty system in place you would never see this mount again regardless.
    It's a reward for being a consumer for a certain length of time. It's a loyalty reward regardless of what Zenimax wants to call it.

    As it stands, many people who played the beta, pre-ordered special editions, and essentially did everything else they could to be loyal are now being valued less as customers because they missed a bit of time for whatever reason. This is dumb. There is no reason to have a cut off date for this reward.

    300 days of paid time at any time is the only correct answer.

    While it is a reward for being around a long time it is not part of the other loyalty program. So unlike the other program you could go out today buy up 5 60 day gametime cards, put them in and boom you also qualify for the reward mount. That is completely different from the system we got the pets from and the sheo costume thing for 9 month. That program requires you not only to pay for the time but also use it up before the reward is given.
    Options
  • robo26
    robo26
    ✭✭✭
    This is really stupid if they dont count people who participated in Beta events, people who peordered Imperial edition! People who played from early access and then you lapsed one month for some accident thing and you got left out with the LOYALTY reward its just insane, how can they estimate who is more loyal the others? I think people who gave most to the game and not only people who bought 6 month sub right away but people who tested the game from beta and played it and play now but might have 1 month non active.Thats sad,,,

    As harsh as it may seem to some, ZOS have to set a time limit for this - beta participants did indeed get a reward, hence that time isn't being included.

    I suspect that the loyalty system wouldn't work alongside the crown store; so they are drawing a line under it.
    Options
  • robo26
    robo26
    ✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    Nice mount :D And glad to see there will come XP boosters. its nice fore leveling alt's up :)
    Looking very much forward to 1.6 :)

    Agreed but, I hope that, as has been mentioned before, you will be able to craft the xp boosters and there will be a limit to the number you can use - don't want to see the same situation as in WOW, boost to top level in 15 minutes or less!

    Options
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    This is a ONE TIME deal. Its not part of the loyalty program which is being discontinued.

    Uh... No. They said it was part of the loyalty rewards. It's right there, at the top. The first subject. "We have two more loyalty rewards to give out..."

    And I'm not asking you this next question, just venting it out there, but why are they even discontinuing it in the first place? Are they, or are they not, replacing it with something else?

    Loyalty (paying a subscription) going forward will be in the form of Crowns, at least that is what I understood from the Road Ahead post.

    Also, I just have to add that I am pretty fed up with the whining and complaining on this thread. Haven't we all had to go without at times? I like having cable TV but I had to cancel it because I could not afford it. Did I sit around having a pity party for myself because others had it and I didnt? NO.

    I have missed out on loyalty rewards in other games, but you know what? They are just VIRTUAL THINGS in GAMES. There are more important things in life, it is NOT worth all this drama!

    I couldn't care less about the actual items. I'm ticked at ZoS for reneging on their word (cut-off dates weren't part of the Loyalty Program -- and, for the record, the Imperial Edition was originally available to pre-orders only. It wasn't supposed to be available to buy after release [pre-order upgrades not included]). My feelings on this go back to the Ice Wraith and Loyal Dwemer Sphere. (They really snuck that cut-off date under the rug. I just *happened* upon it; I couldn't even post in the discussion or PM the admin/moderator that posted the thread to ask for clarification). My wife and I had just re-subbed for 90 days when I learned about the cut-off.

    My wife and I were in beta, pre-ordered Imperial, fought tooth-and-nail for ESO's honor as ZoS rolled out its updates and when ZoS announced its new B2P model (we even understood and recognized *why* it went to a B2P model even with ZoS's horrendous communication with its player base while everyone else yelled and cried over ESO becoming something that it isn't - F2P is very different from B2P), and to all the community of ESO.... we've only been around and loyal for three months. We've been loyal to a fault, and we feel de-valued because we were unable to cough up some cash for a few months before a certain date (we were thrilled at the idea of ESO Plus with a Loyalty Program - that is an incentive a B2P model needs because everyone can buy DLC and ZoS Add-ons as they come out. Free is nice, but we can't buy the feeling of being appreciated and being valued as a long-term, paying customer. As for a subscription that also gives in-game currency? That is an industry standard nowadays for MMOs that have cash shops; loyalty has nothing to do with that.)

    (On a side note: As I've said in the past... this feels like a catering to the consoles. Dropping the subscription for them I completely understand and support. Possibly nixing the Loyalty Program for them as well because they're unlikely to subscribe and thus feel left out is wrong and just shows absolute favoritism.)
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (On a side note: As I've said in the past... this feels like a catering to the consoles. Dropping the subscription for them I completely understand and support. Possibly nixing the Loyalty Program for them as well...

    That's possible. However, I believe the explanation may be simpler: They are ending the loyalty "free pets" program because they'd prefer that we buy the pets.

    That would not be about favoring a platform so much as favoring a return on the investment in art resources, ui changes and the like needed to keep churning out vanity pets ;)
    Edited by Snit on February 13, 2015 7:24PM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    (On a side note: As I've said in the past... this feels like a catering to the consoles. Dropping the subscription for them I completely understand and support. Possibly nixing the Loyalty Program for them as well...

    That's possible. However, I believe the explanation may be simpler: They are ending the loyalty "free pets" program because they'd prefer that we buy the pets.

    That would not be about favoring a platform so much as favoring a return on the investment in art resources, ui changes and the like needed to keep churning out vanity pets ;)

    Or they are ending it because now you get 1500 crowns which you can use to buy whatever you want. Rather than being pigeon holed into whatever they give you.
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    (On a side note: As I've said in the past... this feels like a catering to the consoles. Dropping the subscription for them I completely understand and support. Possibly nixing the Loyalty Program for them as well...

    That's possible. However, I believe the explanation may be simpler: They are ending the loyalty "free pets" program because they'd prefer that we buy the pets.

    That would not be about favoring a platform so much as favoring a return on the investment in art resources, ui changes and the like needed to keep churning out vanity pets ;)

    Or they are ending it because now you get 1500 crowns which you can use to buy whatever you want. Rather than being pigeon holed into whatever they give you.

    Right - same thing. If pets remain at the current pricing, you'll be able to buy one every month or two with that 500 crowns per month, too.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

    Options
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    From the German thread, reposted.
    Hello,
    that's an "and" - both conditions must be fulfilled. The days have to be used already, so even if you'd theoretically buy a 300 days subscription on 10th March, you won't get the Senche.
    I just realized, you must have missed this post - it's on page four. The 300 days have to be *used* prior to ESO:TU. Thus, it *is* part of the Loyalty Program and is the second Loyalty reward.

    Edit: For the record, I don't trust postings on reddit or hearsay.
    Edited by Mouseattigan1 on February 13, 2015 8:23PM
    Options
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    (On a side note: As I've said in the past... this feels like a catering to the consoles. Dropping the subscription for them I completely understand and support. Possibly nixing the Loyalty Program for them as well...

    That's possible. However, I believe the explanation may be simpler: They are ending the loyalty "free pets" program because they'd prefer that we buy the pets.

    That would not be about favoring a platform so much as favoring a return on the investment in art resources, ui changes and the like needed to keep churning out vanity pets ;)

    If that's true, then that is in direct conflict with what was said at the end of the segment on Loyalty Rewards... The Loyalty Program is being retired. Unless they're coming back with it after the console release and calling it something different... Bottom line is ZoS needs to communicate better. I wouldn't be this ticked if there was a simple "because of" such-and-such a reason after "the Loyalty Program will be retired." If they are retiring it for the consoles, they should say so. If they're retiring the Program and returning with something else, they should say so. There's a reason for everything.
    Options
  • tap3ahchinaeb17_ESO
    I just realized, you must have missed this post - it's on page four. The 300 days have to be *used* prior to ESO:TU. Thus, it *is* part of the Loyalty Program and is the second Loyalty reward.

    Edit: For the record, I don't trust postings on reddit or hearsay.

    It's not just reddit. The admin correted himself: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1556219/#Comment_1556219
    Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so a bunch of v14 alliance war level te10 characters transfered to console while the whole console community hits ava at level 10 is not going to create a huge problem because?.....
    next level twink character, instead of maxing out alt lowbie to own new people, you just are maxed out and everyone else is lowbies.

    shouldnt we perhaps give them a few months to catch up before we open the floodgates of veteran players to come take control of pvp? has nobody at ZOS considered this?
    Options
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    The tears about the tiger are REAL. If you have been playing since the start, then you deserve it. If you left the game ( LIKE I DID ) suck it up. Those others that toughed it out deserve this cool mount over you and I.

    ZOS you did good. The reason players are so upset is because the mount is so cool. :P
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    From the German thread, reposted.
    Hello,
    that's an "and" - both conditions must be fulfilled. The days have to be used already, so even if you'd theoretically buy a 300 days subscription on 10th March, you won't get the Senche.
    I just realized, you must have missed this post - it's on page four. The 300 days have to be *used* prior to ESO:TU. Thus, it *is* part of the Loyalty Program and is the second Loyalty reward.

    Edit: For the record, I don't trust postings on reddit or hearsay.

    It doesnt matter the 300 days have to be used before. Its still not part of the friggin loyalty program. The MASK is the 9 month reward. The LAST reward of the program. I have made this very clear and am tired of repeating myself.
    Options
  • gnarlly1b14_ESO
    Yeah grats to the ones who get it ......
    Edited by gnarlly1b14_ESO on February 13, 2015 10:51PM
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They call the cat mount a nine month vet reward , but 300 days is a 10 month.

    The mount is not the 9 month vet reward. The mask is. The mount is a one time deal for people who paid (but had not necessarily used up) 300 days of sub time before march 17th. The 9 month reward is separate from that.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on February 13, 2015 10:51PM
    Options
  • gnarlly1b14_ESO


    It doesnt matter the 300 days have to be used before. Its still not part of the friggin loyalty program. The MASK is the 9 month reward. The LAST reward of the program. I have made this very clear and am tired of repeating myself.[/quote




    Under the line that says " LOYALTY REWARDS " , " We have two more loyalty rewards to give out before Tamriel Unlimited launches in March. The first is the nine-month reward, and for this one we're channeling the chaos of Sheogorath, everyone's favorite deranged Daedric Prince. Behold: the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter, a unique costume which will be given to all ESO players who have subscribed for nine months between April 2014 and the Tamriel Unlimited launch in March 2015.

    So the other , 2nd reward has to be the cat mount
    Edited by gnarlly1b14_ESO on February 13, 2015 10:59PM
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

    It doesnt matter the 300 days have to be used before. Its still not part of the friggin loyalty program. The MASK is the 9 month reward. The LAST reward of the program. I have made this very clear and am tired of repeating myself.[/quote




    Under the line that says " LOYALTY REWARDS " , " We have two more loyalty rewards to give out before Tamriel Unlimited launches in March. The first is the nine-month reward, and for this one we're channeling the chaos of Sheogorath, everyone's favorite deranged Daedric Prince. Behold: the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter, a unique costume which will be given to all ESO players who have subscribed for nine months between April 2014 and the Tamriel Unlimited launch in March 2015.

    So the other , 2nd reward has to be the cat mount

    I will explain this one more time since you STILL do not friggin get it. If this was part of the friggin loyalty reward program you would have to have USED UP 300 days! Thats how that program works. This is a one time deal has nothing whatsoever to do with that program. Do you finally get it? If not I dont care.
    Options
  • Nacario
    Nacario
    ✭✭✭
    But Ive been subbed for 180 days, me want kittie naow!!11
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the live stream right after the B2P announcement, they've said that their initial idea for ESO Plus was free gifts every months, pretty similar to the current Loyalty Rewards. But they then decided that this doesn't really fit the whole "do whatever you want". Instead they're giving away free currency, which fits this idea and also explains why they'll cancel the Loyalty Program.
    Options
  • Grebnu
    Grebnu
    Soul Shriven
    But I subbed two weeks ago! I wanted to sub earlier but had no money. Me too want that cat!!!!

    Seriously guys, you are just jealous. You'd never cry in public when your neighbour gets a new car, you just keep it inside. You should do the same in the internet.

    Why people nowadays feel they should get all the stuff the other, who actually earned it, has?
    Options
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loyalty program is a joke. should be for people that have subbed the required amount of time.

    not a garbage fanboi reward for blindless loyalty wither it was deserved or not.

    its actually a FU! did you get the 100$ pre order? cool but FU. did you beta test the *** outa the game? cool but FU! you didnt blindlessly sub since day one? FU!

    CANT WAIT to watch this game crash and burn even harder on console! get them box sales!

    gj zos your concept of loyalty! just convinced me to delete account and disband eso guild.

    Some very bitter people in here. Stop moaning, seriously i can bet pretty safely we are going to see a slight reskin version of this mount end up in the crown store at some point.
    Options
  • kgallellab14_ESO
    Rosveen wrote: »
    From the German thread, reposted.
    Hello,
    that's an "and" - both conditions must be fulfilled. The days have to be used already, so even if you'd theoretically buy a 300 days subscription on 10th March, you won't get the Senche.
    I just realized, you must have missed this post - it's on page four. The 300 days have to be *used* prior to ESO:TU. Thus, it *is* part of the Loyalty Program and is the second Loyalty reward.

    Edit: For the record, I don't trust postings on reddit or hearsay.
    Slurg wrote: »
    Just thinking this should be reposted here (was answered in general forum):
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there everyone,

    To clarify, the information that was posted in the Road Ahead article is correct.
    • You must have paid for 300 days of game time prior to March 16th in order to qualify for the mount.
    • The 300 days of paid time does not need to elapse prior to March 16th.
    • This time does not need to be consecutive.
    • The 30 days of game time that were included with the initial game purchase do not count towards the mount
    • Days compensated by customer support also do not count.

    ZOS_GaryA did clarify in the General forum here, not on reddit.

    Edited by kgallellab14_ESO on February 14, 2015 4:19PM
    Options
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Will we be able to upgrade the senche-cat mount at all? So looking forward to this.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
    Options
  • Ashes2Ashes
    2 questions this article brought to mind that I hope can be answered or addressed.

    1)Will Crowns and/ or collection items be transferred to console versions as well?

    2) Please, please let us assign southpaw thumbsticks (swapping movement to right stick and aiming to left) Us left handed gamers would be enamored if possible. Most game do it just wanted to make sure.
    Options
  • Brynnza
    Brynnza
    ✭✭
    The only people excited for this are the ones getting all this stuff, to everybody else that has been loyal to this game its a slap in the face.
    At least continue the loyalty program so continued subs can gain the pets.
    Whoever thought this was a good idea needs a bloody good beat around the back of the head.
    Brynnza - Lighter, Darker, Colours.
    Options
Sign In or Register to comment.