The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

@ZOS - Your official statement conflicts with what your support team is telling your customers

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rioht wrote: »
    Hey there @ZOS_GaryA‌ ,

The original question was listed in yesterdays "@ZOS - Your official statement conflicts with what your support team is telling your customers" post, which can be found here
    ^ This is the best answer ever!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @Lefty_Lucy,

The eligibility requirements were listed in yesterday's Road Ahead article, which can be found here.

So in other words, they don't even know what it means. Either that, or they didn't actually read the original post, which is insulting.

No. They read it and it makes perfect sense to them. As with other, similar, statements, when they read it they do not see the other possible interpretations. They will repeat the statement, using the same language, and not actually clear up the statement. It takes them a while to understand that what they are saying does not mean the same thing to everyone else. This has resulted in the text you see in the Knowledge Base about loyalty rewards. This all started out as a "paid time" statement, as well.

I am certain that @ZOS_KaiSchober‌ has it correct. This is how the loyalty program works, no matter how they phrase it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

To clarify, the information that was posted in the Road Ahead article is correct.
    • You must have paid for 300 days of game time prior to March 16th in order to qualify for the mount.
    • The 300 days of paid time does not need to elapse prior to March 16th.
    • This time does not need to be consecutive.
    • The 30 days of game time that were included with the initial game purchase do not count towards the mount
    • Days compensated by customer support also do not count.
    • You must be an active subscriber when the game transitions to Tamriel Unlimited on March 17th.
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on February 13, 2015 5:33PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow so days compensated do not count? You guys might want to rethink that. Going to be an uproar about that.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] The 300 days of paid time does not need to elapse prior to March 16th.
    [/list]
    Lol so anyone who paid for 6 months between Launch and March 14th, then subs for 6 months again on March 15th gets the Mount. I guess it isn't a Loyalty Reward after all. You could literally have not subbed for ~5 months and will still get the mount.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    [/list]
    Lol so anyone who paid for 6 months between Launch and March 14th, then subs for 6 months again on March 15th gets the Mount. I guess it isn't a Loyalty Reward after all. You could literally have not subbed for ~5 months and will still get the mount.

Hmm I didnt read that into it at all. I certainly hope thats not the case but yet again another confusing answer lol.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

To clarify, the information that was posted in the Road Ahead article is correct.
    • You must have paid for 300 days of game time prior to March 16th in order to qualify for the mount.
    • The 30 days of game time that were included with the initial game purchase do not count towards the mount

Wow. That is unexpected. (Not unappreciated, just unexpected)

Edited by Elsonso on February 13, 2015 3:43PM
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to post that. That answer was a hell of a lot better than the other one.
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder did they mean people who have already paid 300 days? Or do they mean like the guy said above you can pay up in advance and still get it.
  • Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    [/list]

Hmm I didnt read that into it at all. I certainly hope thats not the case but yet again another confusing answer lol.

Well it is still kind of a reward for players who supported the game during the first year. Subbing for 6 months is still a large amount, and some players who have been waiting for the console release unsubbed for a month or two before christmas as we waited to hear about more news regarding console release.

I would have loved to stay subbed for the entire year, but unfortunately I was told that any gametime I had remaining on my PC account would not transfer to my PS4 so there was no point in me getting another 6 month sub until I knew the console release date.

That being said I am only 2 weeks short of the 300 days so I am glad to see that I can still get it, as I assure you I have supported this game adamantly since beta, not just through my monetary contributions.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [/list]

Well it is still kind of a reward for players who supported the game during the first year. Subbing for 6 months is still a large amount, and some players who have been waiting for the console release unsubbed for a month or two before christmas as we waited to hear about more news regarding console release.

I would have loved to stay subbed for the entire year, but unfortunately I was told that any gametime I had remaining on my PC account would not transfer to my PS4 so there was no point in me getting another 6 month sub until I knew the console release date.

That being said I am only 2 weeks short of the 300 days so I am glad to see that I can still get it, as I assure you I have supported this game adamantly since beta, not just through my monetary contributions.

If this reward is supposed to be a status symbol for people who have been here since day 1 with no break how can they do that? I could pay for 300 days on March 15th and get it? I dont know I hope thats now how it is but seems likely from the post.

Dont get me wrong I am ok with people getting it. Just it wont be as much of a status symbol if you can pay in advance.
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    So, if the days need to be just paid and not also elapsed, does that mean that if someone just signed up today and bought 300 days of game time, he or she would get the Senche Tiger mount? I thought that was meant to be a special reward for those of us who actually remained loyal to the community from the very beginning. You know, "to ensure that we reward players who have been with us from the start", as the announcement says. Suddenly I am not feeling so special anymore.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    If this reward is supposed to be a status symbol for people who have been here since day 1 with no break how can they do that? I could pay for 300 days on March 15th and get it? I dont know I hope thats now how it is but seems likely from the post.

Dont get me wrong I am ok with people getting it. Just it wont be as much of a status symbol if you can pay in advance.

The mask will still be there for players who have actually subbed for 9 months, the mount is a supporters reward.
  • Sarielis
    Sarielis
    ✭✭
    I'm excited because I just renewed my second six month sub a few days ago
    Elders Guild
    Sarielis Moonbow Vet14 Sorc
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who would spend 2 month subs (30 bucks) only to get a kitty to ride?
    After I read the forums there seems to be quite a lot of them. And why should ZOS refuse to take money for some additional subs to sell a virtual pet?
    Players get kitty, ZOS gets money. I guess it was a last minute change due to demand. Anyway, I also get a new mount, but I don't know what to do with a stinking stenche tiger....
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feynn wrote: »
    So, if the days need to be just paid and not also elapsed, does that mean that if someone just signed up today and bought 300 days of game time, he or she would get the Senche Tiger mount? I thought that was meant to be a special reward for those of us who actually remained loyal to the community from the very beginning. You know, "to ensure that we reward players who have been with us from the start", as the announcement says. Suddenly I am not feeling so special anymore.
    There is no payment higher than 6 months, aka 180 days. That means you have to have paid for 6 months prior to today (in any increment) and then yes you could purchase a 6 month sub on March 15th and get the Tiger. Actually you could've paid for as little as 4 months (since all months past Feb have 30/31 days) and then buy the 6 month on March 15th to get the mount.
  • PoXeeD
    PoXeeD
    Soul Shriven
    dharbert wrote: »
    It's really simple, people. If you have not been subbed for 300 days, you do not get the mount. If you took a month break, you do not get the mount. The first free 30 days do not count towards paid, elapsed subscription time. Buying a 60 or 90 day time card before the deadline will not add to your elapsed time played.

If you do not meet the criteria laid out in the article, you do not get the mount. Simple.

"The first free 30 days do not count towards paid, elapsed subscription time."

TL;DR: The "free" 30 days should be included for the loyalty reward mount.

I can't remember if you got 30 days of game time when purchasing the game plus an extra 30 days for free?

In either case you've PAYED for the game and it was not our choice to get free days included in that price. It's unfair of them to say "only subscribtion based days" count towards being a loyal customer, right? If we had known at the time what's been said now, many would choose to refuse the "free" 30 days and pay for it instead.

We were all as loyal during the 30 "free" days as we were playing and paying all of the other months.

• o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

Wow. That is unexpected. (Not unappreciated, just unexpected)

Did ZOS just give me a reason to pay them more money? I'm thinking so. :smile:
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh. So I'll qualify after all? That's nice. Thanks for the clarification. :)
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The mask will still be there for players who have actually subbed for 9 months, the mount is a supporters reward.

It clearly says the mount is to show people you have been around a long time. How is it someone who hasnt been around a long time can get one? I think they mean your sub cannot lapse before march 16th. I could be wrong tho.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no payment higher than 6 months, aka 180 days. That means you have to have paid for 6 months prior to today (in any increment) and then yes you could purchase a 6 month sub on March 15th and get the Tiger. Actually you could've paid for as little as 4 months (since all months past Feb have 30/31 days) and then buy the 6 month on March 15th to get the mount.

I could buy 10 30 day gametime cards. Use them all March 15th and get it. Thats what the statement says..
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [/list]

@jamesharv2005ub17_ESO

It basically becomes a $150.00 Crown Store item, paid for by ensuring you have 10 months worth of sub upfront, not the indicator it is implied to be.

Of course, to make it otherwise now would mean ZoS was stepping on its own **** (again) and would be losing money from Subs they'll get simply so people can have the mount.

Sure it was accidentally worded this way, given ZoS's legal team. I mean, you wouldn't engineer a cleverly worded 'loyalty' reward in effort to get $, would you?

They should cut the crap and make it the $150 collectible it's really going to be.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does mean that.

How many people, out of the total pool of current or potential subscribers, are going to run out and buy up 300 days of subscription for the sole purpose of getting a cat mount? A mount, I might add, that is the odds-on favorite to be retextured and sold in the Store for $20 or less. 300 days of subscription is currently worth $150. That is one expensive cat mount.

No, what is going to happen is that people who are close to 300 are going to run out and spend money to add time now so that they get it. The people who are going to do this are already "loyal" subscribers in their minds. Nothing has changed except that (1) they get the mount, and (2) they are more likely to stay "loyal".

EDIT FOR FULL DISCLOSURE: Yes, I do benefit from this. I am short of 300 days, but I have what is left of a stack of time cards purchased in January. Today is 7 days until the end of my current time. Earlier today, and before the clarification, I turned in those cards to extend my subscription. This was always the plan and 1 week before expiration date is a good margin in case I have a bad card.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 13, 2015 4:04PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [/list]

@jamesharv2005ub17_ESO

It basically becomes a $150.00 Crown Store item, paid for by ensuring you have 10 months worth of sub upfront, not the indicator it is implied to be.

Of course, to make it otherwise now would mean ZoS was stepping on its own **** (again) and would be losing money from Subs they'll get simply so people can have the mount.

Sure it was accidentally worded this way, given ZoS's legal team. I mean, you wouldn't engineer a cleverly worded 'loyalty' reward in effort to get $, would you?

They should cut the crap and make it the $150 collectible it's really going to be.

Well you have a point. They could make a LOT of money that way.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could buy 10 30 day gametime cards. Use them all March 15th and get it. Thats what the statement says..
    I wasn't aware that game time cards could be stacked onto the account in that way. If it's true then yes you are correct.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Xexpo on February 13, 2015 4:00PM
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cannot because 6 month subs aren't available anymore. You'd need to have set up this sub beforehand so it renews automatically.

Redeeming a bunch of time cards is a possibility as well.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware that game time cards could be stacked onto the account in that way. If it's true then yes you are correct.

Of course that would be one REALLY expensive mount lol.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/list]

Isn't someone who subbed for 6 months, cancelled for 5 months, then subbed for another 6 months showing the same financial contribution as someone who subbed for 12 months, then cancels and plays free thereafter?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How many people, out of the total pool of current or potential subscribers, are going to run out and buy up 300 days of subscription for the sole purpose of getting a cat mount? A mount, I might add, that is the odds-on favorite to be retextured and sold in the Store for $20 or less. 300 days of subscription is currently worth $150. That is one expensive cat mount.
    I'm sure someone will do it, but if you take a moment to think about it... Other senche mounts will be available in the crown store (their icons are already in PTS code). They will cost far less than $150. Unless you really want to feel like a special snowflake riding a rare variety of senche, it's better to just wait.