Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - February"

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We'll constantly be working on new Crown Store items

Despite all of the broken promises, delays, bug-infested releases, lack of new content and a complete disregard for anything Cyrodiil related, there is no doubt in my mind that ZOS will absolutely keep their word and deliver on this statement. The rest of the game may wither due to neglect; but the Crown Store will flourish with more updates than we can imagine.

That 300 day Senche mount is one sweet looking ride. I now have one less reason to use the Crown Store so thanks for that.
    Edited by LonePirate on February 12, 2015 9:24PM
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    Awesome - some rewards I will actually use! So happy it's not more pets - thanks guys!
    I understand time-limited rewards, or special items gained only through specific events or being handed out by developers, but since it's masquerading as a loyalty program, those of us who *are* loyal are feeling left out for what we likely feel as punishment for not paying.

While I can certainly understand and sympathize with this sentiment, it's not really feasible for them to do it any other way than what they did. If they started making exceptions for cases such as yours, it would open the door to every disgruntled person who willfully un-subbed (not b/c of lack of funds) coming back and saying "Oh I couldn't afford it please give me the rewards". But on the bright side, there will most likely be other stuff you can get in the future. I *think* they have given out two rounds of six-month rewards now (or maybe three months?), so it wouldn't be a surprise if they gave out another round of tigers in another year (or so).

I didn't say 'give it to me' I said that we would earn it by subscribing for a set number of days. It's completely feasible for them to do this. I've seen plenty of rewards systems that use the model I'm referencing.

I had much the same issue with the Rings of Mara. Those shouldn't have been one-off items. I felt buyers remorse then, too, by purchasing a product expecting to be able to use all of the rewards offered on all my characters.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome - some rewards I will actually use! So happy it's not more pets - thanks guys!
    I understand time-limited rewards, or special items gained only through specific events or being handed out by developers, but since it's masquerading as a loyalty program, those of us who *are* loyal are feeling left out for what we likely feel as punishment for not paying.

While I can certainly understand and sympathize with this sentiment, it's not really feasible for them to do it any other way than what they did. If they started making exceptions for cases such as yours, it would open the door to every disgruntled person who willfully un-subbed (not b/c of lack of funds) coming back and saying "Oh I couldn't afford it please give me the rewards". But on the bright side, there will most likely be other stuff you can get in the future. I *think* they have given out two rounds of six-month rewards now (or maybe three months?), so it wouldn't be a surprise if they gave out another round of tigers in another year (or so).

I didn't say 'give it to me' I said that we would earn it by subscribing for a set number of days. It's completely feasible for them to do this. I've seen plenty of rewards systems that use the model I'm referencing.

I had much the same issue with the Rings of Mara. Those shouldn't have been one-off items. I felt buyers remorse then, too, by purchasing a product expecting to be able to use all of the rewards offered on all my characters.

This is a ONE TIME deal. Its not part of the loyalty program which is being discontinued.
  • Grinwhrl
    Grinwhrl
    ✭✭

I agree, basically its fine to have the 300 day what ever, but what about your other supporters, the money we spent too. Its a ***-ing slap in the face.
    Edited by Grinwhrl on February 12, 2015 9:28PM
  • sm1215
    sm1215
    Soul Shriven
    The problem, I think, is that the loyalty program is completely ending, which doesn't seem quite right. If you stay subbed, even through TU, I'd say the loyalty rewards should still be given out. It's not a true Loyalty Reward program - it's a Limited Time Only program which is disappointing. With an on-going Loyalty Reward program, players are still eligible to receive all these great rewards and don't feel cheated out of them just because they couldn't pay during a certain period of time. Maybe they can pay now and will gladly do so, shouldn't those players also be rewarded for paying their dues? The crown shop is nice, but everyone has access to that and can buy their way into it. The Loyalty Rewards are different, more unique in that they also have to be earned over time. It shouldn't be a Limited Time Only reward program. It should stay.
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    This is a ONE TIME deal. Its not part of the loyalty program which is being discontinued.

Uh... No. They said it was part of the loyalty rewards. It's right there, at the top. The first subject. "We have two more loyalty rewards to give out..."

And I'm not asking you this next question, just venting it out there, but why are they even discontinuing it in the first place? Are they, or are they not, replacing it with something else?
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    WOOT KITTY!
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that Tiger Mount. I've been here continuously since closed beta, too, so I am really looking forward to getting one :)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was looking for content. Maybe next time in December.
    Wololo.
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    deal with it im subbed from launch, the ppl that canceled their sub for weeks should be happy they gets it others that dont get to 300 subdays to bad
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Uh... No. They said it was part of the loyalty rewards. It's right there, at the top. The first subject. "We have two more loyalty rewards to give out..."

And I'm not asking you this next question, just venting it out there, but why are they even discontinuing it in the first place? Are they, or are they not, replacing it with something else?

That reward is the other thing they mentioned. The sheogorath mask or whatever. The other mount is not part of the loyalty program and is a one off thing.

As far as it being discontinued I dont know why. I can guess from the drama in this thread that they are worried people who dont sub will get upset over the items.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I are at 240. Financial reasons kept us from subscribing, but we were both beta players. It makes us feel like we're being punished for not shelling out cash.

I don't mean this to sound snarky, but that logic would make you feel punished by nearly every for-profit business on the planet.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Grinwhrl
    Grinwhrl
    ✭✭
    gresiac wrote: »
    deal with it im subbed from launch, the ppl that canceled their sub for weeks should be happy they gets it others that dont get to 300 subdays to bad

Your the scum on these forums too.
    Edited by Grinwhrl on February 12, 2015 9:37PM
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    That 300 day Senche mount is one sweet looking ride. I now have one less reason to use the Crown Store so thanks for that.

Yeah I like it. First reward I've seen which I'd actually use in-game :smile:
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im happy that there is some leeway in the whole must be subbed from april to march thing. 300 days is fair.
    I'm sad. =/ I picked up the game April 23, 2014... so that looks like I won't get the senche. I am a heartbroken Khajiit.

EDIT: After looking into the account menu, I'll be at the 300 day mark in 10 days... just enough to qualify. *happy squee*
    Edited by Preyfar on February 12, 2015 9:44PM
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    That reward is the other thing they mentioned. The sheogorath mask or whatever. The other mount is not part of the loyalty program and is a one off thing.

As far as it being discontinued I dont know why. I can guess from the drama in this thread that they are worried people who dont sub will get upset over the items.

We are reading the exact same article, right?

Direct quotes:
    "We have two more loyalty rewards to give out..."
    "The first is the nine-month reward, and for this one we're channeling the chaos of Sheogorath, everyone's favorite deranged Daedric Prince. Behold: the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter..."
    *no mention of 'the second', the second reward that is listed is this:*
    "As I alluded to in our special ESO Live show on the day we announced Tamriel Unlimited, I'm very happy to share that we'll be granting an exclusive mount to everyone who has been with us from the beginning: a special Striped Senche (giant cat) mount"
    *All of these are under the 'loyalty rewards' section of the article. Thus, it's alluded that the mount is the second reward, unless they mistakenly said they were giving out two rewards.
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love all the drama ESO creates... can we get a confirmation saying different types of senche will be in the cash shop later on?
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    My wife and I are at 240. Financial reasons kept us from subscribing, but we were both beta players. It makes us feel like we're being punished for not shelling out cash.

I don't mean this to sound snarky, but that logic would make you feel punished by nearly every for-profit business on the planet.

It didn't sound snarky, but I would provide the rebuttal that your argument doesn't really make sense. For-profit businesses that offer loyalty programs don't usually follow a subscription model, or have a subscription model to begin with that require you to pay for the subscription to get their service.
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    Gotta love all the drama ESO creates... can we get a confirmation saying different types of senche will be in the cash shop later on?

There already is Senche in the cash shop....
    Edited by Garbrac on February 12, 2015 9:40PM
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garbrac wrote: »
    Drazhar14 wrote: »

There already is Senche in the cash shop....

Senche mount, not the pets already in the cash shop.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thus, it's alluded that the mount is the second reward, unless they mistakenly said they were giving out two rewards.
    It's a 9 month reward (the final loyalty reward) and then sort of a "founder's reward" for being there from the start. So two.
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Thus, it's alluded that the mount is the second reward, unless they mistakenly said they were giving out two rewards.
    It's a 9 month reward (the final loyalty reward) and then sort of a "founder's reward" for being there from the start. So two.

Yes. That makes it part of the loyalty rewards. It even says that.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    I was looking for content. Maybe next time in December.

There was plenty of new content discussed in this Road Ahead. Now when you help the Queen or one of the Kings, you can do so while dressed completely different or using a new mode of transportation. The content will seem brand new at that point even if you have already done six times.
  • askanison40b14_ESO
    Did I read this right? We are getting 1500 crown points a month as subscribers?

Yes that is correct
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Firor's blog:
    The most important thing to remember about Tamriel Unlimited's virtual currency system is that we're not adjusting the base game—it will be exactly the same game, with the same leveling pace, experience point gain, user interface, etc. that you have been used to since April of last year.
    Well that's an outright lie right there!

Given the massive skill nerfs across the board the leveling 'pace' will be hugely slower than it was before because it'll take a hell of a lot longer to kill things and progress through quest chains. And we know they did umpteen nerfs to XP gain ever since launch and continue to do so even on the PTS right now.

They did it deliberately to drive Store sales, his comments about XP boosts in the Store is a dead give-away.
    Edited by Kragorn on February 12, 2015 9:54PM
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 crowns a month seems ok. Right now, the only thing I want in the Crown Shop is one of the dogs. So, I hope they come out with the experience pots soon, so I have something to spend those crowns on.

Or... a goblin morph :)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Or... a goblin morph :)
    Don't we already have it? The Shadowsilk gem.
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really stupid if they dont count people who participated in Beta events, people who peordered Imperial edition! People who played from early access and then you lapsed one month for some accident thing and you got left out with the LOYALTY reward its just insane, how can they estimate who is more loyal the others? I think people who gave most to the game and not only people who bought 6 month sub right away but people who tested the game from beta and played it and play now but might have 1 month non active.Thats sad,,,
  • ReCreare
    ReCreare
    ✭✭✭
    Im happy that there is some leeway in the whole must be subbed from april to march thing. 300 days is fair.

Agreed. I missed ONE day because my bank issued me a new card and the ESO payment website was down for maintenance when I went to update my info; the folks in billing were nice enough to credit me a day so I can continue to play, but now I get all my loyalty rewards like a month or 2 after everyone because my time wasn't consecutive. so needless to say I nearly cried thinking I wouldn't get the Senche mount. Thank you ZoS folks for making it fair for the loyal subscribers who couldn't keep consecutive subs due to issues beyond their control.
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it continues like this, ESO p2w sadly going very soon...where your subs even dont worh anything