Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - February"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "The Road Ahead - February."

Read the latest update from Game Director Matt Firor about the future of ESO!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Link doesn't work atm.
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did I read this right? We are getting 1500 crown points a month as subscribers?
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be up and running now, @Denaia. Some users were experiencing a cache issue, but check again and let us know! :smile:
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭
    Fixed, thanks :smile:
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im happy that there is some leeway in the whole must be subbed from april to march thing. 300 days is fair.
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭
    "[...] we'll almost certainly have experience boost potions in the store at some point [...] you still have the choice of purchasing them with crowns or in-game gold"

Will alchemist also be able to make better versions of these pots which is why they can be bought for gold or are you saying, we can buy select items from the crown store with in-game gold? I sure hope you mean Alchemist can make them. Why have a potion in the game that is non-existent to those who've mastered the way of Herbs and Spices?
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removed, question was answered further on in the article.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 12, 2015 9:03PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    Hey dev's, I have three questions that weren't really answered.

1.) Will you be continuing with the loyalty program or is it getting scrapped?
    1a.) If it is getting scrapped, what is the reason for this move? Are you replacing it with something else? Loyalty programs have always proven to be neat gimmicks.

2.) Why is the rewards program towards subscribers who subscribed during specific dates? Shouldn't it be a static number of days subscribed? The model that ESO uses... doesn't really make much sense. It can create a brand of elitism that doesn't make for good times.
    This is basically how it feels:
    "Oh look, I was subscribed during this time of the year!"
    "And I wasn't because I'm poor, but wanted to be."
    "Oh well! You lost out!"
    It makes both my wife and I feel a bit of buyers remorse. Every time we see the Dwemer Sphere, and now every time we will see the Striped Senche, we're going to remember that we couldn't afford to be subscribed during arbitrary dates and times.
    2a.) I understand time-limited rewards, or special items gained only through specific events or being handed out by developers, but since it's masquerading as a loyalty program, those of us who *are* loyal are feeling left out for what we likely feel as punishment for not paying.

3.) Will it be possible to earn the striped Senche in some other way? Both my wife and I have been with ESO from the beginning and before, during beta testing. But because we didn't have the money to pay for a subscription consistently, we're a fair bit short of earning that reward, as well as the other rewards. We don't want it given to us, but we do wish we had some way to earn these things.
    3a.) a compromise would be that the loyalty system would still remain in place, but it would take twice as long to earn the Senche tiger as those getting it now. (say, 600 days subscribed versus 300 days.)
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭

Do you meet these requirements? (it requires a bit of math that I'm too lazy to do for you)

You are an active ESO subscriber when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited.
    You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th.

Since April 4 2014 to March 17th 2015, there will have been 347 days. If you were unsubbed for 48 days you will not qualify.
    Edited by Garbrac on February 12, 2015 9:05PM
  • Yandros
    Yandros
    ✭✭
    Yay, Striped Senche (giant cat) mount ..... Nice :-)
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, so 1.6 is going live in February? Nice!

"That's it for this month's Road Ahead – with 1.6 going live in February..."
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 12, 2015 9:06PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • You are an active ESO subscriber when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited.
    • You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th.
    Just so we're totally clear, you mean 300 days already passed, right? Because "paid for" technically includes also any days remaining after the transition, which you bought before March 16th.

edit: Alternatively, I can't English. It all depends on which part of the sentence "prior to" refers to. :)
    Edited by Rosveen on February 12, 2015 9:08PM
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    • You are an active ESO subscriber when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited.
    • You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th.
    Just so we're totally clear, you mean 300 days already passed, right? Because "paid for" technically refers also to any days remaining after the transition, which you bought before March 16th.

I would prefer that they meant 'paid for'. If so, I might be able to earn the reward by buying an extra 90 days of game time.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kind of a bummer that I cant get those items since I've only been subbed since august... hey I have a great idea, for everyone who keeps their subs active through the switch to unlimited we should still have the chance to earn the later items! Seriously please consider this...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Darkeus
    Darkeus
    ✭✭✭
    no news about a patch: new zone, skills, stuff or something? oh man... how about options to remake our chars apereances? like hair and other details...
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garbrac wrote: »

Do you meet these requirements? (it requires a bit of math that I'm too lazy to do for you)

You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th.

Since April 4 2014 to March 17th 2015, there will have been 347 days. If you were unsubbed for 48 days you will not qualify.
    Do the first 30 days count? They never did for other loyalty rewards. If not, then with 5 days we all got in May that leaves 13 day leeway.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Garbrac wrote: »

Do the first 30 days count? They never did for other loyalty rewards. If not, then with 5 days we all got in May that leaves 13 day leeway.

They said from april to march. if april didnt count they woudlnt have mentioned it.
  • Grinwhrl
    Grinwhrl
    ✭✭
    ***, I'm 270 days, a month short of 300, little bit pissed off now. They should include us beta players to this as well to offset it a bit.
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    ***, I'm 270 days, a month short of 300, little bit pissed off now. They should include us beta players to this as well to offset it a bit.

My wife and I are at 240. Financial reasons kept us from subscribing, but we were both beta players. It makes us feel like we're being punished for not shelling out cash.
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭
    They said from april to march. if april didnt count they woudlnt have mentioned it.

That's a good question, typically the free 30day does not get accounted to these types of loyalty rewards. He did state from April, but that could have been a mistake and he forgot about the 30days as well.

Perhaps a ZOS employee can shred some light on this.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Come on guys they said at first no leeway. Now they letting people have a month and a half of non-sub. You have to draw the line someplace. If you go with 270 then what about people with 260? Then 250? So I think they have given enough leeway.
  • Grinwhrl
    Grinwhrl
    ✭✭

My wife and I are at 240. Financial reasons kept us from subscribing, but we were both beta players. It makes us feel like we're being punished for not shelling out cash.

Yeah I feel the same way now.
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    Come on guys they said at first no leeway. Now they letting people have a month and a half of non-sub. You have to draw the line someplace. If you go with 270 then what about people with 260? Then 250? So I think they have given enough leeway.

The proper leeway would be to have a loyalty program that doesn't use arbitrary dates, where you can earn the items by subscribing for a set number of days, regardless of when you subscribed. *That* is a proper loyalty program. Loyalty is for how long you are subscribed, not when you are subscribed.

That's how they made it sound like it would be when it first came around. Not... this.
  • Voltos
    Voltos
    ✭✭✭
    Will we see Integrated Voice Chat for PC and Mac at some point? This would be a monumental improvement for group coordination across the board!
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome - some rewards I will actually use! So happy it's not more pets - thanks guys!
    I understand time-limited rewards, or special items gained only through specific events or being handed out by developers, but since it's masquerading as a loyalty program, those of us who *are* loyal are feeling left out for what we likely feel as punishment for not paying.

While I can certainly understand and sympathize with this sentiment, it's not really feasible for them to do it any other way than what they did. If they started making exceptions for cases such as yours, it would open the door to every disgruntled person who willfully un-subbed (not b/c of lack of funds) coming back and saying "Oh I couldn't afford it please give me the rewards". But on the bright side, there will most likely be other stuff you can get in the future. I *think* they have given out two rounds of six-month rewards now (or maybe three months?), so it wouldn't be a surprise if they gave out another round of tigers in another year (or so).
  • Grinwhrl
    Grinwhrl
    ✭✭

Anyone who subbed at the start and end transition should get something in my opinion, or at least 90 days worth and transition...

This kind of stuff is just going to *** more people off then do any good tbh.
    Edited by Grinwhrl on February 12, 2015 9:21PM
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭
    I understand all the players who are missing the reward times by a few weeks or days.

I've always asked ZOS if the rewards were retroactive, as they should be BUT with a difference. There should be two versions of the reward, cosmetic differences. If you earned the reward without ultizing the retoactive scale you'd get the epic looking striped senche tiger shown in the post.

If you earned the reward after it was originally given out you still get the stripped Senche Tiger but visually it'd be different, perhaps the retroactive reward doesn't have the armour on the mount.

Now I know some people will still be upset about it, but there needs to be a way to set apart people who've earned things at different times. It's a status symbol in a way (yes I know it can be a form of elitism) but at the very least you'll still get your Senche Tiger. Plus the Elitism goes both ways, maybe the retroactive reward looks better and for those who really enjoy collecting pets it'll be a bit of a bummer to not have the two different colours, but at least you'll be able to say, "I got this because I've been in ESO since it began"

• Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I totally understand that those who weren't in the specified timeframe are frustrated they can't get the rewards. But honestly, if you could, wouldn't it defeat the whole purpose of a loyalty reward to begin with? It's not really punishing you. It's a bonus for those who have subbed the entire time.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are already giving a month and a half of leeway, they have to draw the line somewhere.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The proper leeway would be to have a loyalty program that doesn't use arbitrary dates, where you can earn the items by subscribing for a set number of days, regardless of when you subscribed. *That* is a proper loyalty program. Loyalty is for how long you are subscribed, not when you are subscribed.

That's how they made it sound like it would be when it first came around. Not... this.

The loyalty program and this senche mount are two different things. The loyalty program is ending but this mount is not part of that. Its an exclusive mount for people subbed 300 days. One time deal not like the other stuff.