Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vote: Will You Subscribe to ESO Plus??

• charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    the most honest answer maybe 1 month on and next month off depend what the game bring on the table
    the wall of the covenant
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    Not able to say should have been an option.

I will make that decision after @ZoS gets around to releasing the price information on the cost of DLCs. If they are going to make this game all about money, so can I - and take it someplace else.

I purposefully didn't include it as an option. The idea is to get your gut feeling right now. You are not going to know the price of DLC before you have to decide whether to subscribe on March 17. So...what's it gonna be?

I don' have to decide by March 17th as my sub runs through the end of May. As is, I will not make any long term plans about the sub until I get the info as I said, which is quite likely to drop by summer since console hits the market in June.
  • Shazanti
    Shazanti
    ✭✭✭
    Probably No
    I voted 'probably no' but that's just a best guess scenario. On paper I'm not incredibly enticed by the Plus offering, however I will be subscribed for the first month at least just to check it out and see if it's better in practice... I'm just incredibly doubtful. When I drop sub, as I'm expecting to, I will of course be happy to buy items à la carte.
  • Kaynlor
    Kaynlor
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    As of right now, I am giving it a shot. If we receive no DLC by the end of summer, I will probably go w/o subbing and just pay for DLC when it comes out. (If I like it.)
  • cyqa
    cyqa
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    I am paid through to May. That said, I will likely continue to subscribe after that - but if there is a serious lack of content for this year I'll probably cancel. I know I've being naive at times but I still have high hopes for this game.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    What's the point in subscribing at all come March 17th? It's going to be the exact same game with no new additions at all for months.

You'll gain crowns. What will you buy? The store is filled with useless garbage.
    You'll gain 10%xp. Worth $15 a month? Nope.
    You'll gain 10% gold. See point about xp.

So you would pay a premium fee for the exact same thing?

Exactly my feeling.

Also, it seems a little unfair that you only "lease" DLC content (whenever anything new actually IS released) with the paid sub. Say you sub for 6 months, and there are two $30 DLC's released during that period. Sure, you get to play them during that 6 months, for a total of $90 in sub fees.

HOWEVER, if you cancel your paid sub, you do NOT (as far as I can tell) get credit for those DLC's, which means that on top of your $90 investment you would now also have to pay the original $60 or else you lose access to those 2 DLC's you've been playing.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I mean I want to support the game and all, but not if I just end up spending twice as much for less content as soon as I stop paying.
  • cyqa
    cyqa
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    What's the point in subscribing at all come March 17th? It's going to be the exact same game with no new additions at all for months.

You'll gain crowns. What will you buy? The store is filled with useless garbage.
    You'll gain 10%xp. Worth $15 a month? Nope.
    You'll gain 10% gold. See point about xp.

So you would pay a premium fee for the exact same thing?

[snip]

Also, it seems a little unfair that you only "lease" DLC content (whenever anything new actually IS released) with the paid sub. Say you sub for 6 months, and there are two $30 DLC's released during that period. Sure, you get to play them during that 6 months, for a total of $90 in sub fees.

HOWEVER, if you cancel your paid sub, you do NOT (as far as I can tell) get credit for those DLC's, which means that on top of your $90 investment you would now also have to pay the original $60 or else you lose access to those 2 DLC's you've been playing.

[snip]

This bothers me a lot, too. I really hope they re-think this model (I'm under the impression that everything you said is correct)- like if you have a consecutive subscription for x number of months you get the DLC permanently applied to your account. I don't know, I don't have a solution but I really hope ZOS thinks about this.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Have they stated anywhere that DLC acquired during the Plus Subscription gets removed if the subscription lapses? Or are people just assuming the DLC gets removed?

Edited by Nestor on February 10, 2015 11:03PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• cyqa
    cyqa
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    @Nestor I will try to find where I read this- but I remember reading an article (by ZOS) ensuring us that the gear we attain in the DLC zones will still be usable if we cancel our plus subscription but don't have access to the zones anymore.

Here it is:
    Do I lose all items and rewards earned from DLC if my ESO Plus membership ends?

No. You will lose access to the DLC areas and quests should your membership lapse (unless you purchase the DLC separately in the Crown Store), but you will keep all items and rewards earned through the content.

From the FAQ
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/

(edited for formatting)
    Edited by cyqa on February 10, 2015 11:08PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    That is a big problem. What is the incentive then for Subscribing?

It really makes no sense. I mean the DLC's probably won't price at more than 10 to 15, so that is the same as the one month subscription. But I would be better off content-wise to not subscribe and instead buy the DLC every couple of months. As I don't see them putting out DLC worthy content but every other month or so.
    Edited by Nestor on February 10, 2015 11:26PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Drawberrry
    Drawberrry
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    I've already decided to subscribe as regularly as I can afford. I am really excited for it and hope to see more stuff develop with it's implementation.
  • bearclawmcbainb16_ESO
    Probably No
    Bloodfang wrote: »
    Definately no under the current plan. With the confirmed slowing down of content, I will save my money and buy the DLC. It will be cheaper. I have no use for vanity items, and the ingame bonuses are negligible at best.
    Zeni has made it a B2P game. I will buy when they put out playable content.

Good Luck with that.There is a reason for a Sub.
    Pricey DLCs. I Don't expect them below 30-40€ every 2-3 months.
    ESO is getting just much more expensive, especially for the B2P people when they realize that ESO will stay P2P game if you want to gain access to anything.
    So either Sub or get screwed and charged really badly.
    Are you honestly expecting every DLC to cost almost as much the box? Try looking at other MMO's. DLC is never that much, but at most 10-20 dollars each.

EDIT: Just try and imagine the uproar there would be on the forums, if one DLC, not even the size of 10% of the main game, cost the same as the main game. People would go nutso lol.
    Edited by bearclawmcbainb16_ESO on February 10, 2015 11:56PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm firmly undecided. Right now my gut is telling me yes I will subscribe, and at the same time I will not. That may not seem to make sense, but as a severe altaholic I've got 2 accounts. My main account will probably stay subscribed, while my second account will probably not (as I don't play those characters nearly as much, and I'm less inclined to pay a monthly sub fee for very little benefit).

Whether I actually go with what my gut is telling me right now, though, depends to a large degree on things that I don't know yet, especially the purchase price for crowns. If it ends up being $1 = 100 crowns, then I'll definitely stay subbed on my main account. There's not a ton in the crown store that I'd want to buy, but there's just enough that the amount you get monthly with a sub will get spent. So if it's $1 = 100 crowns, then for me the sub is worth it even without any new DLC coming for a while.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    Definately no under the current plan. With the confirmed slowing down of content, I will save my money and buy the DLC. It will be cheaper. I have no use for vanity items, and the ingame bonuses are negligible at best.

This might be not related to your question but it brought up an idea. Do we get to keep the DLC if we were subbers? or do we lose it as soon as we unsubscribe? Anyone got an answer?
    Edited by EsORising on February 11, 2015 12:53AM
  • bearclawmcbainb16_ESO
    Probably No
    EsORising wrote: »

This might be not related to your question but it brought up an idea. Do we get to keep the DLC if we were subbers? or do we lose it as soon as we unsubscribe? Anyone got an answer?
    The answer to your question is your 5-6 posts up from yours ;)

Edit: Short answer; Items you gain in the DLC, you keep. Access to DLC areas, you lose.
    Edited by bearclawmcbainb16_ESO on February 11, 2015 1:36AM
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't vote either because I can't judge what I'll do until I see how the DLCs are priced. It really bothers me that if you are a member for a certain length of time you don't get to keep access to the DLC areas. It just rubs me the wrong way and makes me less likely to be a member at this point. Still, my subscription doesn't run out until May, so I have time to decide yet.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    I only subscribe for content. So once they release actual content that's not fluff, i'll sub.
    I won't "fund" their developement though.
    Edited by Yusuf on February 11, 2015 1:48AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Nah. I'm not a large consumer of content so really; unless anything new adds to PvP, or they make it to where PvP is at least equal in XP rewards to where the 10% bonus would actually be the only thing having me fall behind, I won't need it. I plan to get my 70 CPs from grinding to VR14 and craft my armore set then just PvP to have fun. I realize that doing that will put me behind someone grinding for CPs but it would anyway, even with 10% boost to XP. Once I have my VR14 I am just done doing what I don't want to do and I certainly am not going to pay for what I don't need.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No

ESO is getting just much more expensive, especially for the B2P people when they realize that ESO will stay P2P game if you want to gain access to anything.
    Are you honestly expecting every DLC to cost almost as much the box? Try looking at other MMO's. DLC is never that much, but at most 10-20 dollars each.

EDIT: Just try and imagine the uproar there would be on the forums, if one DLC, not even the size of 10% of the main game, cost the same as the main game. People would go nutso lol.

I would just subscribe long enough to get what content I did want out of it, then unsub again. Still cost me only $15. Unless they somehow make it something I want to continue doing, but even then, still $15 a month only for as long as I am entertained enough by it.
  • bearclawmcbainb16_ESO
    Probably No
    technohic wrote: »

I would just subscribe long enough to get what content I did want out of it, then unsub again. Still cost me only $15. Unless they somehow make it something I want to continue doing, but even then, still $15 a month only for as long as I am entertained enough by it.
    The point is, with ZOS stating that no new content will come out from the launch of Tamriel Unlimited and until *at least* console launch, that is a minimum of 3 months without new content. That is *at least* $45 of sub-money I can save for any following DLC. And will it take 2-3 months again for new content to come out after that?
    People are welcome to shell out money every month if they want, but as I have said before, ZOS changed the game to B2P, so now I will only buy when they put out playable content.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Barta057 wrote: »
    Brandalf wrote: »
    Ya, [snip] those guys. How dare they expect you to pay for things like frequent, quality content updates for years to come! What [snip]!

/s

Paying a subscription is almost no different than buying a DLC season pass for a game, the only real difference is the stream of content keeps coming for as long as you're willing to pay. it never stops(unless the servers shut down). Hope you like less frequent updates, worse customer service, worse community, and less substantial content.

Aside from patching the game and fixing any bugs, and implementing the things that make it an Elder Scrolls game I don't really see the need for updates and ***. Just give me the stuff that's supposed to be a staple of the series then bugger off, and don't close the servers. You don't see me whining for updates to Daggerfall, and it's what....Like...20 years old?

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]

You really don't understand video games much do you? You think Daggerfall and ESO are equivalent? If you want to play a single player RPG..I suggest you play one and stop playing MMOs and complaining that they are not single player RPGs. Amazing sense of entitlement you have there.

As for the OP.. I have about 3 months of sub time to try out the new system. If they manage to pull off the B2P without making the game/cash shop terrible I may continue with the sub but I don't have very high hopes of that so I see myself unsubbing before that time runs out.
    Edited by EQBallzz on February 11, 2015 3:42AM
  • seanvwolf
    seanvwolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Welka wrote: »
    I will carry on supporting the game I love. The sub price is very low, similar to a pack of cigs. Since I quit smoking, I could sub something like 10 times or more a month :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I will make the most of the 10% sub bonuses, use my crowns for fluff and enjoy the DLC until I'm bored of the game

Likewise... I'll be the guy grinding Champion points 8-12 hours out of the day (disabled and in and out of consciousness pretty frequently).
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Looking at the http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/146847/how-do-you-feel-about-the-b2p-announcement/p1 poll, it would seem that a huge majority of the ESO community dislikes the B2P plans (Dislikes totalling 67% with currently over a thousand votes, which is a high enough number to be a realistic segment).
    I wonder what community Matt Firor talked to when he stated that "this change was what the community wanted"?

I am actually surprised that not more people have voted no in the poll in this thread, but perhaps it will change the more votes we get.
    It also seems that many people are adopting a wait-and-see strategy before deciding whether to cancel or not.

With the current 67% Dislike ratio and roughly 40% (votes not high enough to be accurate yet) that are cancelling or have cancelled, it is certainly looking bad for ESO's subnumbers.

It's true a big majority of us Subscribers never wanted B2P.
    But did you know there is way more TES fans than the Subscribers we had?

I mean sure I didn't like the conversion to B2P, but at least I can't deny they will triple the revenue in no time.
    Try to give it time you'll see feedback expands far beyond the Subscription we had. We will double the playerbase here on PC till the end of the year, while on Consoles expect minimum 5x more players.

So let me ask you again, why is it a bad thing -> replacing every subscriber with potentially 10+ new players which are willing to pay far more than 13€ per month?
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Looking at the http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/146847/how-do-you-feel-about-the-b2p-announcement/p1 poll, it would seem that a huge majority of the ESO community dislikes the B2P plans (Dislikes totalling 67% with currently over a thousand votes, which is a high enough number to be a realistic segment).
    I wonder what community Matt Firor talked to when he stated that "this change was what the community wanted"?

I am actually surprised that not more people have voted no in the poll in this thread, but perhaps it will change the more votes we get.
    It also seems that many people are adopting a wait-and-see strategy before deciding whether to cancel or not.

With the current 67% Dislike ratio and roughly 40% (votes not high enough to be accurate yet) that are cancelling or have cancelled, it is certainly looking bad for ESO's subnumbers.

I mean sure I didn't like the conversion to B2P, but at least I can't deny they will triple the revenue in no time.
    Try to give it time you'll see feedback expands far beyond the Subscription we had. We will double the playerbase here on PC till the end of the year, while on Consoles expect minimum 5x more players.

So let me ask you again, why is it a bad thing -> replacing every subscriber with potentially 10+ new players which are willing to pay far more than 13€ per month?

Where do you get the idea that those 10+ new players are willing to pay 13Eur per month?
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Razzak wrote: »

Where do you get the idea that those 10+ new players are willing to pay 13Eur per month?

Look at pretty much every game that has microtransactions, average person ends spending way more.
    It's also why the mobile games are getting very profitable.
    Games like Minion Rush are played by 300mil players even though it's clear it is F2P and also nothing but a grind.
    Edited by Bloodfang on February 11, 2015 7:31AM
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you are missing a big piece in your puzzle. Yes there are indeed more TES fans out there than subscribed in here. But you sound as if you are assuming that those people will somehow just accept ESO as a game merely because now it is not going to have a sub. I think not.

There were thousands of players during the betas for PC. Many were very loudly self identifying as TES and not MMO players. Of those, many totally canned this title altogether and said they would never play the game even if it were free.

For any TES fan that has not seen the game, they are just as likely to have the same set of reactions across their numbers come June as those who saw the game last year, even with the improvements made since beta to the game.

I am sure that there will be plenty of sales and an influx of new players, but I seriously doubt that it will be on the magnitude you are speculating since many TES fans do not support the creation of the TES world offered up in this MMO.
    Edited by Soulshine on February 11, 2015 7:54AM
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Vote YES
    But after 1.6.2. notes change my mind to :respect throw crown store or leave
    Edited by Exstazik on February 11, 2015 7:50AM
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    Probably No
    Nope not worth it imo only crap in the crown store and with the crowns i have i can perhaps buy the small funny things/usefull but its not a lot though
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    I will be. I think it's fair to at least give it a try and see how ZOS will continue to support this game --- hopefully they will start to focus more on content that they have mentioned are "on the table" for a while now as well as new content. If so, I don't see any reason not to? It's not expensive.

The subscription won't be for everyone, but as the poll shows.. it will be for many who already subscribe as well as I'm sure some new-to-the-game players as well.
  • Magica
    Magica
    ✭✭
    Probably Yes
    I voted yes, because i really do still want to support the game, but i will do it the same way as i did it so far. Which is i'll be subscribed for a few months in a row and then a few months not. I cannot affort a sub every single month. Plus by the time it gets summer i cannot play enough to make up for the sub. I might have a few days/nights to play but i'll mainly be out and about with my kids during summer.

It also depends on future dlc. If it turns out to be (a lot) cheaper to buy the dlc on it's own instead of through sub, i might take the non-sub direction and buy dlc when it comes out. I hope that won't be the case do, it would be kinda unfair to subscribed people, i think.
    Edited by Magica on February 11, 2015 8:35AM
    Xbox One EU server

Main alliance is the Ebonheart Pact. "For the pact!"

EP Katleyn Battle-Born - Nord - Templar - 50 Champion 584
    AD Dallandra Devabriel - High Elf - Sorcerer - 50 Champion 584
    DC Gwendolyn Gemane - Breton - DragonKnight - 50 Champion 584
    EP Nimloth Shadow Strider - Wood Elf - NightBlade - 50 Champion 584
    DC Auraya Branoic - Imperial - Sorcerer - 50 Champion 584
    AD Jumps-off-Cliffs - Khajiit - Nightblade - lv12
    AD Faleen al-Satakalaam - Redguard - Templar - lv39
    EP Durak gro-Ghash the brave - Orc DragonKnight - lv18
    DC Follows-the-Light - Argonian - Templar - lv13