Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vote: Will You Subscribe to ESO Plus??

Jando
Jando
✭✭✭✭
Apologies if there is another poll for this. I did a quick search and didn't see it.

So here's the big question: Will you subscribe to ESO Plus?
Edited by Jando on February 10, 2015 1:45AM
Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!

Vote: Will You Subscribe to ESO Plus?? 499 votes

Probably Yes
65%
NestorGarbracWraithenTintinabulaKaynlorKhajiitStrythseancaputo_ESOGogog BloodthroatNyteshadeVeerothesilverball_ESOrhubbert_ESOTsuteIagoPirhana7_ESOHunterdankevlarto_ESOseanvwolfbrandon.coker101_ESO 329 votes
Probably No
34%
Erlexbriankplante_ESOdriosketchNsainEQBallzzPolskiBunny_ESOMcBeer_ESOben_ESO5Gidorickjambam817_ESOJoy_DivisionNivzruo_ESOAzarulSlurgArtiszward887_ESOMaverick827NewBlacksmurfPsychobunnicygnus_royb14_ESO 170 votes
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Prolly. Mostly because for the price of a sub I'll be able to -buy- silly stuff from the crown store, and eventually DLCs should funds become tight again and I can't afford to sub any longer.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • karmamule
    karmamule
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    I'm actually a "definitely" yes...
  • bearclawmcbainb16_ESO
    Probably No
    Definately no under the current plan. With the confirmed slowing down of content, I will save my money and buy the DLC. It will be cheaper. I have no use for vanity items, and the ingame bonuses are negligible at best.
    Zeni has made it a B2P game. I will buy when they put out playable content.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    I will for like 3 months but after that ZOS better start Bringing it... as in more DLC and new PvE areas, Imperial City for PvP, ETC......

and I don't care if they are dropping the Console or not...
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on February 10, 2015 2:01AM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    I'm headed to console asap unless this becomes resolution gate
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably Yes
    For all the complaining, a surprising number say YES. Me included, at least long enough to give it a shake down.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Definately no under the current plan. With the confirmed slowing down of content, I will save my money and buy the DLC. It will be cheaper. I have no use for vanity items, and the ingame bonuses are negligible at best.
    Zeni has made it a B2P game. I will buy when they put out playable content.

Pretty much this. I reserve the right to change my vote if/when they put out any new content whatsoever or achieve a modicum of balance in anything but pure-magicka, pure-stamina builds.
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Absolutely not. I will not fund or support the console version in return for silly cash shop items and exp bonuses. I was willing to pay up to $30 - $50 a month for the service I was lead to believe was going to be the norm for PC players (constant content release).

As bearclawmcbainb16 said, the game is b2p now. I will buy when they put out content. I will be cancelling both my sub and my wife's sub in the near future.
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    someuser wrote: »
    Absolutely not. I will not fund or support the console version in return for silly cash shop items and exp bonuses. I was willing to pay up to $30 - $50 a month for the service I was lead to believe was going to be the norm for PC players (constant content release).

As bearclawmcbainb16 said, the game is b2p now. I will buy when they put out content. I will be cancelling both my sub and my wife's sub in the near future.

I agree. The monthly sub just isn't worth it. Especially for the first 3-6 months where there will be no significant content released.
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    I put "yes" but that's under the caveat that I will only buy it if there is new worthwhile content added to the game (i.e new zones and really interesting things to do).

Ironically they are currently far less likely to get any more money from me under this new system as it allows me to choose when I pay for the game and at present I dont feel that they have been living up to their side of "the bargain" when it comes to providing good value for money from my subscription. If they start releasing good stuff again like Craglorn then I will buy a membership.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Leaning toward letting my sub roll over one more time. We'll see what happens after March 17th.
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    My sub is covered for the next 7 months, so yes I'll be an ESO+ member for at least that long. If I hadn't added 8 months of sub time last month I doubt I would be paying for it between March 17th and console release. There is really no incentive to subscribe during that time period IMO.
    Edited by LtCrunch on February 10, 2015 4:18AM
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Barta057
    Barta057
    ✭✭✭
    Probably No
    No, and nothing will ever change my mind. I've not had to pay a sub for an Elder Scrolls game before this one, and I hated doing it now. In fact it was what drove me away for the most part, a disgusting practice.

Might as well just hack off part of the game that's already on the disc and require me to pay 30$ to unlock it. Oh, wait...
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Barta057 wrote: »
    No, and nothing will ever change my mind. I've not had to pay a sub for an Elder Scrolls game before this one, and I hated doing it now. In fact it was what drove me away for the most part, a disgusting practice.

Might as well just hack off part of the game that's already on the disc and require me to pay 30$ to unlock it. Oh, wait...

Ya,[snip] those guys. How dare they expect you to pay for things like frequent, quality content updates for years to come! What [snip]!

/s

Paying a subscription is almost no different than buying a DLC season pass for a game, the only real difference is the stream of content keeps coming for as long as you're willing to pay. it never stops(unless the servers shut down). Hope you like less frequent updates, worse customer service, worse community, more lag and less substantial content.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 10, 2015 6:10PM
    NerdSauce Gaming

• Barta057
    Barta057
    ✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Brandalf wrote: »
    Ya, [snip] those guys. How dare they expect you to pay for things like frequent, quality content updates for years to come! What [snip]!

/s

Paying a subscription is almost no different than buying a DLC season pass for a game, the only real difference is the stream of content keeps coming for as long as you're willing to pay. it never stops(unless the servers shut down). Hope you like less frequent updates, worse customer service, worse community, and less substantial content.

Aside from patching the game and fixing any bugs, and implementing the things that make it an Elder Scrolls game I don't really see the need for updates and ***. Just give me the stuff that's supposed to be a staple of the series then bugger off, and don't close the servers. You don't see me whining for updates to Daggerfall, and it's what....Like...20 years old?

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 10, 2015 6:11PM
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably No
    You don't see me whining for updates to Daggerfall, and it's what....Like...20 years old?

Uh huh.... and was Daggerfall an MMO?
  • Barta057
    Barta057
    ✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    You don't see me whining for updates to Daggerfall, and it's what....Like...20 years old?

Uh huh.... and was Daggerfall an MMO?

Thank goodness no! I didn't have to deal with "PengasSnifferLeetSkillz9" in Daggerfall to my delight.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably Yes
    I will at first. Whether I stay subbed or not will depend on 2 things:
    1. Whether or not the cash shop goes P2W
    2. Whether or not ZoS does anything to repair the reputation they have earned by treating loyal subscribers like 2cnd rate citizens.

So I will initially continue to sub because I like the game and I have friends here. It sure as heck won't be because I want to support the fat cats at the top of the ZoS pecking order.
    Edited by Alphashado on February 10, 2015 4:55AM
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Aside from patching the game and fixing any bugs, and implementing the things that make it an Elder Scrolls game I don't really see the need for updates and ***.
    No subscription means all of these things will happen less frequently:
    • Bugs will persist longer
    • Balance issues will persist longer
    • Server maintenance won't be as frequent(more lag).
    • New systems/content like:
      • Spellcrafting
      • Dark Brotherhood,
      • Thieve's Guild
    Will take much longer to arrive in a B2P model vs a subscription model.

I don't even.....

Edited by LtCrunch on February 10, 2015 5:04AM
    NerdSauce Gaming

• Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    Probably No
    No. Continuing a subscription isn't going to make the gameplay experience better.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably No
    Thank goodness no! I didn't have to deal with "PengasSnifferLeetSkillz9" in Daggerfall to my delight.

Then you have answered your own question. The reason that they indulged in this "disgusting practice" was because it is a fundamentally different kind of delivery method. This isn't TES 6.

I am 51% vs. 49% in favour of not continuing to sub, but I will make that decision based on ESO as it is and is likely to be... not on the basis that it isn't the next solo game.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably No
    I don't think I will.

My biggest concern is that DLC´s are not free for subscribers. I don't want to pay extra money for a simple barber shop, the addition of pvp to justice or a new questline.

Paying a sub should cover all of that, this is how sub games work since more than 15 years. With the F2P system I would pay my sub and only rent content, once I stop playing I have to buy the DLC again to further use it and this just doesn't make sense.

Staying unsubbed and buying a DLC seems much more logical right now, especially since they are so spare and often totally uninteresting for me like all that Trial stuff which came out since release.
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Nah, and this decision actually worked out well for me since I was planning on not renewing after my current sub.
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Audigy wrote: »
    I don't think I will.

My biggest concern is that DLC´s are not free for subscribers. I don't want to pay extra money for a simple barber shop, the addition of pvp to justice or a new questline.

Paying a sub should cover all of that, this is how sub games work since more than 15 years. With the F2P system I would pay my sub and only rent content, once I stop playing I have to buy the DLC again to further use it and this just doesn't make sense.

Staying unsubbed and buying a DLC seems much more logical right now, especially since they are so spare and often totally uninteresting for me like all that Trial stuff which came out since release.

I'm not sure I understand how is that any worse than how it currently works? If your subscription lapses now you lose all access completely. If your subscription lapses after the conversion you still get to play the game, just minus the new substantial content such as Wrothgar or Murkmire. Also don't forget that you're getting $15 worth of crowns every month which essentially makes the subscription a free XP/gold/crafting boost.
    Edited by LtCrunch on February 10, 2015 5:51AM
    NerdSauce Gaming

• Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Probably not until June when new content comes out. If they don't do something to improve the end game armor nerf then I might not sub again ever.
  • Barta057
    Barta057
    ✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Iluvrien wrote: »

Then you have answered your own question. The reason that they indulged in this "disgusting practice" was because it is a fundamentally different kind of delivery method. This isn't TES 6.

I am 51% vs. 49% in favour of not continuing to sub, but I will make that decision based on ESO as it is and is likely to be... not on the basis that it isn't the next solo game.

Then they shouldn't aim for the Elder Scrolls audience if they're not willing to deliver an immersive Elder Scrolls experience. Sorry but you can't call it a horse when it's a duck, then expect me to play along. And they're obviously aiming for the audience, heck that's what they're hoping is the big draw on consoles.
    No subscription means all of these things will happen less frequently:
    • Bugs will persist longer
    • Balance issues will persist longer
    • Server maintenance won't be as frequent(more lag).
    • New systems/content like:
      • Spellcrafting
      • Dark Brotherhood,
      • Thieve's Guild
    Will take much longer to arrive in a B2P model vs a subscription model.

I don't even.....

I can manage waiting quite some time, I'll just do what I'd do in any other Elder Scrolls game. Amuse myself with whatever I feel in the mood for, explore, roleplay, and all that good stuff. Now I can roleplay with actual people, and not just NPCs and journals so that SHOULD be a hoot. But it might also be a terrible experience, cause well as I said earlier "PengasSnifferLeetSkillz9" and I'm sure he won't be all that interested or adequate.

And now without the subscription if the game gets boring I can just put it down and come back later, like...any other Elder Scrolls Game! Man I'm really liking this whole Buy to Play thing! It's going from "Generic Fantasy MMO that Stole My Favourite Setting's Lore" to "More like that thing I like" already!
    Edited by Barta057 on February 10, 2015 6:01AM
  • bearclawmcbainb16_ESO
    Probably No
    Looking at the http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/146847/how-do-you-feel-about-the-b2p-announcement/p1 poll, it would seem that a huge majority of the ESO community dislikes the B2P plans (Dislikes totalling 67% with currently over a thousand votes, which is a high enough number to be a realistic segment).
    I wonder what community Matt Firor talked to when he stated that "this change was what the community wanted"?

I am actually surprised that not more people have voted no in the poll in this thread, but perhaps it will change the more votes we get.
    It also seems that many people are adopting a wait-and-see strategy before deciding whether to cancel or not.

With the current 67% Dislike ratio and roughly 40% (votes not high enough to be accurate yet) that are cancelling or have cancelled, it is certainly looking bad for ESO's subnumbers.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No

They stated 1080p 30fps pretty sure.

My Feedback:
    As long as Paul Sage works for ZOS and/or content delivery is slow (They correlate) I won't give them another dime. Update 5 was 3-4 months ago and I feel ripped off after seeing how much of a disaster update 6 is for the amount of time it's taken. Even f2p games are churning out more end game content with actual rewards and progression. The fact that content release is halted to "let the game breathe" makes me disapprove of ZOS 100%.
    Edited by Lionxoft on February 10, 2015 6:09AM
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably No
    Audigy wrote: »
    I don't think I will.

I'm not sure I understand how is that any worse than how it currently works? If your subscription lapses now you lose all access completely. If your subscription lapses after the conversion you still get to play the game, just minus the new substantial content such as Wrothgar or Murkmire. Also don't forget that you're getting $15 worth of crowns every month which essentially makes the subscription a free XP/gold/crafting boost.

The current system works like that,

I pay my sub and automatically buy any DLC. In theory I have access to Craglorn, CS, Justice, Dye system etc. If I now unsub, I still can use all of that as I bought it automatically with my sub.

In future I pay my sub and only rent the DLC. As soon I unsub all what I paid for is gone, unless I pay a second time.

I don't need xp or gold boosts, I don't need costumes or pets. All I want is having the same system like now, I pay my sub and get all new content with it. I don't want to pay my sub for vanity items or boosts that I don't need ;)

Staying sub free seems more logical, I pay once or twice a year 15 bucks for a DLC and that's it. I have it forever and won't lose it.
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Lionxoft wrote: »

They stated 1080p 30fps pretty sure.

My Feedback:
    As long as Paul Sage works for ZOS and content delivery is slow I won't give them another dime.

What issue do you have with Paul Sage?

NerdSauce Gaming