Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6 PvP sorc testing/results, by Teargrants [Updated with video]

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »
    Jahosefat wrote: »
    One note to add: the "instant" cast on Crystal

shards is now actually instant.

there is still that annoying global cooldown after an instant cast frag. i was hoping it would be gone for 1.6, but its not. this is the main reason people dont use it for pve as well, get rid of that global cooldown and people may stop feeling like they are forced to use destro staff.

They also added a delay to encase (stealth nerf!). Now encase casts that purple haze on the ground, and ~1 second later people in the purple haze get snared. So you can't run around and snatch people with it like you used to be able to (it's very hard to hit running people with it now).

agreed. i was casting it at a nb who was w/i 5 meters of me, i'd streak right behind and fire it, no encase, over and over as he jsut ran out of it right on top of it.
    thats nothing new - its the same on life currently.
    a target running away from you is nearly impossible to be affected. youl have to streak trhough them and make them run into encase due to the effect delay.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does Negate still dispel ground effects? Someone please tell me :anguished:
    EU | PC | AD
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One note to add: the "instant" cast on Crystal shards is now actually instant.

there is still that annoying global cooldown after an instant cast frag. i was hoping it would be gone for 1.6, but its not. this is the main reason people dont use it for pve as well, get rid of that global cooldown and people may stop feeling like they are forced to use destro staff.
    I was able to weave in regular attacks on the PTS yesterday whereas I can not do that on live.
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 28, 2015 6:36PM
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One note to add: the "instant" cast on Crystal shards is now actually instant.

I was able to weave in regular attacks on the PTS yesterday whereas I can not do that on live.

Yeah I noticed this as well. Makes a noticeable difference.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

They also added a delay to encase (stealth nerf!). Now encase casts that purple haze on the ground, and ~1 second later people in the purple haze get snared. So you can't run around and snatch people with it like you used to be able to (it's very hard to hit running people with it now).

agreed. i was casting it at a nb who was w/i 5 meters of me, i'd streak right behind and fire it, no encase, over and over as he jsut ran out of it right on top of it.
    a target running away from you is nearly impossible to be affected. youl have to streak trhough them and make them run into encase due to the effect delay.

It is a longer delay on PTS than live. It was difficult before, near impossible now.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not weaving in light attacks but if that is the quicker way to get rid of that 2 second global Cooldown between crystal frag and instant casts I'll give it a shot.
    Edited by cozmon3c_ESO on January 28, 2015 7:34PM
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

I played around with encase again on live a few weeks ago and ran into this problem before I shelved the skill again. If the skill will not reliably do what the tooltip states it does, it's worthless.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought I'd like to throw out there, has anyone found a reasonable build to make use of the stam morph of dark exchange?

One would assume it's intended to help stam builds, but as a stam build how the hell are you supposed to use a channeled ability to regen stam since you won't have the resources to blink out of range. The only thing I canthink of would be to run it with immovable. By that's still 4 seconds your standing there doing 0 dps after which you have no magicka.

Any thoughts?
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Just a thought I'd like to throw out there, has anyone found a reasonable build to make use of the stam morph of dark exchange?

One would assume it's intended to help stam builds, but as a stam build how the hell are you supposed to use a channeled ability to regen stam since you won't have the resources to blink out of range. The only thing I canthink of would be to run it with immovable. By that's still 4 seconds your standing there doing 0 dps after which you have no magicka.

Any thoughts?

Nope. The stam version of dark exchange needs to be instant cast magicka cost for stamina gain. Stam sorcs need a way to sustain stamina badly, and this is the only way. A channel without the liberal use of bolt escape is useless.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

Any thoughts?

Nope. The stam version of dark exchange needs to be instant cast magicka cost for stamina gain. Stam sorcs need a way to sustain stamina badly, and this is the only way. A channel without the liberal use of bolt escape is useless.
    Yeah, I would think an instant cast mag drain over time for a health/stam HoT. Sorcs would have a self heal + stam sustain, even at that with the total magicka cost it would literally be the most expensive heal in the game.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can try throwing in a Boundless Storm to help kite while channeling.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update:
    Quick vid I put together of some 1v1s last night. Don't click if you QQ about sorc v sorc fights.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWQs6IXlzcM
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done, De dee deee tick.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    Well done, De dee deee tick.
    All hail our lord Dee Tick lest ur awaken his wrath.
    26987_3_full.jpg
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a coincidence, I just got done playing some Smash4
    Palutena ftw
    Edited by NotSo on January 30, 2015 2:51AM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NotSo wrote: »
    What a coincidence, I just got done playing some Smash4
    Palutena ftw
    Robin <3
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update:
    More 1v1's from today, this time vs Mojar Stalker, -Rinzler, Azoi, Sabre Ali
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSpMGw-Ya8Y
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you feel dark exchange is needed on your bar? Mines might really help you vs Melee players.
    I did really enjoy the new destro dot too.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not running a dueling build, what you see is my normal pvp build. Dark Exchange is for kiting zergs. I've toyed around w/ putting Mines on, don't particularly like it w/ my playstyle in 1.6. Against melee now I'm just blinking way away and trying to stay out of gap closer range as much as possible. Mines would just be conflicting with that, either I try to stay around Mines to make them useful, but then gimp myself as far as kiting goes, or I ignore them and kite freely, making Mines just a magicka dump basically. If I was actually trying to spec for dueling, I'd prolly put it on the bar, but my goal isn't to iron out a good dueling build, it's to fine tweak my roaming/solo/smallman build.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Teargrants‌

Great Videos!

It seems like the Disorent off Streak is unblockable? As a Sorc who uses that skill, i really hope this is a bug and does not make it into live game. That would be beyond ridiculously stupid if they do. I am all about buffing the skill slightly(maybe 25% cost increase instead of 50% and remove mana regen penalty) but making Steak Unblockable is not exactly what i had in mind when i made my long Sorc Thread a few mnths ago :(
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not running a dueling build, what you see is my normal pvp build. Dark Exchange is for kiting zergs. I've toyed around w/ putting Mines on, don't particularly like it w/ my playstyle in 1.6. Against melee now I'm just blinking way away and trying to stay out of gap closer range as much as possible. Mines would just be conflicting with that, either I try to stay around Mines to make them useful, but then gimp myself as far as kiting goes, or I ignore them and kite freely, making Mines just a magicka dump basically. If I was actually trying to spec for dueling, I'd prolly put it on the bar, but my goal isn't to iron out a good dueling build, it's to fine tweak my roaming/solo/smallman build.

Interesting. I´ve never used dark exchange for kiting. I just gulp on my tripots and do some sprint exercise between teleports :)

Destructive Reach and/or mages fury might come in handy though.
    Edited by Derra on January 30, 2015 1:36PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    @Teargrants‌

Great Videos!

It seems like the Disorent off Streak is unblockable? As a Sorc who uses that skill, i really hope this is a bug and does not make it into live game. That would be beyond ridiculously stupid if they do. I am all about buffing the skill slightly(maybe 25% cost increase instead of 50% and remove mana regen penalty) but making Steak Unblockable is not exactly what i had in mind when i made my long Sorc Thread a few mnths ago :(
    The disorient is 100% unblockable, I'm told all dissorients are unblockable now, basically working just like Fear. It makes Streak sorcs very powerful in dueling, all they need is a split second between Immovable rotations and they get free hits/regen time. As a BoL sorc, it doesn't change much for me, I just keep my blink timing tighter and shields up 100%, but other classes have a harder time. Most duelers already use immovable anyways, so there's that.

What it means for the overall meta of mass pvp is insane if it goes live in it's current form. Immovable will be absolute 100% required not just for the Negate meta, but for all levels of Cyrodiil combat - unless you enjoy being stunned through block by sorcs just passing through every couple seconds in big fights.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    @Teargrants‌

Great Videos!

The disorient is 100% unblockable, I'm told all dissorients are unblockable now, basically working just like Fear. It makes Streak sorcs very powerful in dueling, all they need is a split second between Immovable rotations and they get free hits/regen time. As a BoL sorc, it doesn't change much for me, I just keep my blink timing tighter and shields up 100%, but other classes have a harder time. Most duelers already use immovable anyways, so there's that.

What it means for the overall meta of mass pvp is insane if it goes live in it's current form. Immovable will be absolute 100% required not just for the Negate meta, but for all levels of Cyrodiil combat - unless you enjoy being stunned through block by sorcs just passing through every couple seconds in big fights.

Well im glad i started wearing a bit of heavy armor and leveling the skill line the other day, will be taking Immovable for sure now because i wouldn't be suprised if this makes it to live.

I tried Streak recently but went back to my trusty BOL, i prefer its defensive utility more and i tend to use it more defensibly and repositioning over offensively. I have always been a sheild stacker, so that won't change, but thanks for the tip about Immovable, i'll def level that skill up now.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like unblockable, hard CC and the over-reliance on Immovable that it causes. Bad game mechanic is bad, imo.

All this is going to do, is create again a ton of negative threads about BE until it gets nerfed even harder. Just as we managed to get the regen penalty removed as well.

I still plan to milk it till they come to their senses. But I don't like the idea of unblockable disorients.Not one bit.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disorient breaks on taking damage. In large fight you will probably get hit very soon after the disorient.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Disorient breaks on taking damage. In large fight you will probably get hit very soon after the disorient.

And? It has always been like that.

Yet I vividly remember 3 months back when Streak was uncapped and every big guild had 2-3 dedicated Streakers that would just pinball around dropping 5-6 Negates in every fight. I know cause I was one of them.

The ult generation might no longer be there, but now that it ignores block the pinball-Sorcing is going to be back with a vengeance. Especially as the magicka regen penalty has been lifted.

The fact that it breaks on damage means nothing if you get stunned every second by a Sorc who's purpose built for sustain to just keep stunning while his mates do all the damage.

It's going to be infuriating, mark my words.
    Edited by Maulkin on January 30, 2015 2:56PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So Sorcerors aren't completly useless for 1.6 groupfights. Cool!
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streak + Daedric tomb + charged atronarch = DK easy mode kills (if they are running the old meta and are thirsty for sorc blood).

Daedric tomb is bugged right now though; if you pop it off in a stacked group the world begins shaking as though the horsemen of the apocalypse are dancing on your head.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update:
    New vid, this time duoing w/ our NB around WRX's group, King Richard jumped in to help too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSXK0lO9u6E
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update:
    New vid, this time duoing w/ our NB around WRX's group, King Richard jumped in to help too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSXK0lO9u6E

Entropy was so underused before by sorcs... I wonder how many will use it now?
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari