The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1.6 - No Forward Camps Sold by Siege Merchants

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Siege merchants in 1.6 do not have any forward camps for sale. If they are coming back to the game, they are not present in the current 1.6 build on the PTS.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah!
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we need an answer on this as they said camps would return in 1.6, but revamped. They either forgot to add them or they flat out lied.

Camps need to come back, literally it's made the game so boring. Riding, riding, riding, only places where you see fighting nowadays is between outposts and keeps, as EP its the usual boring Chalman > Bleakers and BRK > Sej > Alessia...

Some people thought it would stop the zerging/zergballing... well. Nope. And it's made the game more boring.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Camps were removed during a subversion of the game and can easily come bac k on the PTS via a subversion.

1.6 won't go to live, it'll be 1.6.x
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ This guy gets it.

The sky isn't falling, these are notes that will ideally shape the game as it stands right now, but they aren't final. ZOS will listen to player feedback (contrary to popular belief) and make small changes that they feel are necessary to improve the game.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    synnerman wrote: »
    What happened to the promised return of revamped forward camps that was stated on ESO live???

I might be remembering wrong, but I don't believe we shared a timeframe. We are still considering bringing them back, revamped. We don't have an ETA at this time, though.

It won't happen for 1.6 - or 1.6.1, or 1.6.2, or any other 1.6.x - game is fine w/o forward camps right now.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaRae wrote: »
    What happened to the promised return of revamped forward camps that was stated on ESO live???

I might be remembering wrong, but I don't believe we shared a timeframe. We are still considering bringing them back, revamped. We don't have an ETA at this time, though.

It won't happen for 1.6 - or 1.6.1, or 1.6.2, or any other 1.6.x - game is fine w/o forward camps right now.

Key words "right now" but after the changes to buff keeps, buff siege, and for siege to ignore armor, there very well may be a need for modified camps going forward.
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    No forward camps please. Those things suck.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you check the crown store :trollface:
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wan my FC now !
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let us all /lute to Dee Tick in prayer, that FCs may never again emerge from the darkness of Oblivion to corrupt our souls and despoil our women!
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.6 is not finished yet either, plus I never seen them say they were coming back in 1.6, sometime in the future is all I have seen the say. Maybe by 1.6.1,2,3 etc who knows :)
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huge patch. Long list of patch notes. Who cares about those silly camps anyway? Stop dying so much, I'd say.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on January 28, 2015 1:47AM
  • rendolpheb16_ESO
    rendolpheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Forward camp mechanic was bad before and they should keep it dead until they have a real solution.

The Forward camp removed any strategies while attacking or defending. Pop a camp in a resource camp or inside the keep and you have a continuously non-end fight.

Seem cool at first, but doesn't make sense to kill the same guy 5 time in 4 minutes.

The death should be meaningful and a mistake on either side could cost the keep.

Without camp atm, we have a real reinforcement line that ganker can feed and is essential to this game.
    For Templar PvP video check my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/RendolpheGamer
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LunaRae wrote: »

Game is terrible without forward camps.

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Forward camp mechanic was bad before and they should keep it dead until they have a real solution.

The Forward camp removed any strategies while attacking or defending. Pop a camp in a resource camp or inside the keep and you have a continuously non-end fight.

Seem cool at first, but doesn't make sense to kill the same guy 5 time in 4 minutes.

The death should be meaningful and a mistake on either side could cost the keep.

Without camp atm, we have a real reinforcement line that ganker can feed and is essential to this game.
    maybe you didnt notice, since they removed forward camps CYRODIIL PVP HAS DIED. 200PEOPLE IN Cyrodiil at PRIME TIME.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No need for camps. Only losers need camps.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Only boring pvpers don't need camps.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    maybe you didnt notice, since they removed forward camps CYRODIIL PVP HAS DIED. 200PEOPLE IN Cyrodiil at PRIME TIME.

Certainly we are not playing same game. I play on EU server and pvp wasnt ever populated more than these days . Yesterday 3 campaigns locked for all sides and usually 2 campaigns locked for all sides . I play on blue side and even Chillrend is now much better populated on opponents side - which is good :)
    Edited by tino.antoninieb17_ESO on January 28, 2015 12:47PM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cause they reduced the caps.
    It's just boring to see 3 huge Zergballs and maybe 3 smaller groups on the whole map.
    Action only between two keeps, 1vsX very hard to find.
    Our group would like to go far in the north but we all don't like this riding simulator.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Only bad PvP players need camps, because the good ones don't die often enough to justify the existence of camps.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS insists on bringing FCs back, it'd be best if they make them:

1) Much more expensive, at least 3-4 times the previous 7,200 AP.
    2) You can only spawn at one if you died in its radius.
    3) Decrease said radius by at least 50%.
    4) Most importantly, make it do that you can only place X number of camps near a keep within X amount of time. Once that's reached, X amount of time cooldown. Ergo, no more hours upon hours of camp spamming that make sieges last forever...
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 28, 2015 12:54PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Cause they reduced the caps.
    It's just boring to see 3 huge Zergballs and maybe 3 smaller groups on the whole map.
    Action only between two keeps, 1vsX very hard to find.
    Our group would like to go far in the north but we all don't like this riding simulator.

Exactly this, less fun, less strategy, more zerging, more riding.

It's no fun riding for 10 minutes only to get wiped by half a faction, with no means to recover. That's why there's only fighting on 1-2 places on the entire map these days. No one wants to ride behind enemy territory, engage in guerilla warfare, do strategic attacks or anything that's not running with a safe lemming train. No camps = no ***.

Only reasons we still see rare strategic attacks on EU, is because certain players still have camps left.

I had my hopes up for limited radius camps a cool-down(or guild camps). Would prevent people from suicide-jumping half the map, but offer a second chance for brave groups willing to take some initiatives.
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

Only bad PvP players need camps, because the good ones don't die often enough to justify the existence of camps.

Not all of us hide in the shadows waiting to ambush > fear and then go back into shadows :)

Camps need to be brought back with a maximum radius of death and a res sickness.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a lot of other reasons why PvP populations have dropped, the removal of forward camps may be a contributor, but it's not the only reason. Personally, I think the lag in big keep fights is the main culprit.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone expect them to be back?
    They are out of the game and that's a good thing.

They said they were testing things internally, that's just them doing their job at making sure they couldn't salvage a bad mechanic into something usable. That's it. It doesn't mean they'll be coming back.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We are still looking at forward camps and whether they will be coming back in a modified form but for now and the foreseeable future, they are still not going to be sold by merchants or the crown store.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are still looking at forward camps and whether they will be coming back in a modified form but for now and the foreseeable future, they are still not going to be sold by merchants or the crown store.

I called it.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

I called it.

I'm glad they won't, FCs in the crown store would be annoying...
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

If you justify good as hiding in the back of a 50 people zerg then never spawn at a camp which is placed.

If you try being good enough to fight against the odds 12 vs 40+ and try things on the map then you would see that this stimulates more varied and interesting pvp in cyro.

Or perhaps you like the lag of 60 reds inside Alessia flipping the flags by numbers alone at 1am because it means the zerg cant die as no abilities or siege is working due to the fact that the fight is concentrated in one area because there are no camps.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for chiming in.