Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The un-nerf Bolt Escape conspiracy, #SorcAlliance

• thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Da Sandman wrote: »
    I would like to blink at 45 degree angle into keeps.... for you know.... science.

DKs can do it, why can't we?
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jahosefat wrote: »
    Vs sorcs the interrupt of crushing shock goes a long way...

In duels yes, in open world less so. And that's provided they fix the interrupt utility to actually work against heavy attacks (please god). Also, the only Sorc skill with cast time is Crystal Frags and all the Sorcs wait for the proc. Not seen a channel of Frags in a long time.
    ...and applies a snare (and dmg debuff)

It has a chance to apply a debuff. Higher than usual due to destro passives but it's still just a chance. On the other hand if the NB uses the Funnel/Swallow well enough (after a high dmg hit) he can keep easily keep 150+ hp heals up during the whole fight and there's nothing you can do about it once it starts.

PvP is always a bit more mixed, as people try different stuff. We'll se a bit of everything I'd imagine. I predict PvE will be Funnel+Cripple all the way though.
    The new NB skill they were talking about (the one with the magical bow shot that procs or something) also sounds like a sorc killer. We will see :)

That skill does sound very cool. We'll have to wait and see. Quite excited about PTS myself, hope it's not a let down.
    Welcome back to the forums, haven't seen you in a while :o

Thank you :)

Took a break in the start of December, as I got very bored. Coming back for the PTS with high hopes.
    Edited by Maulkin on January 26, 2015 7:12PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTS tin foil hats
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We should be able to key bind the arrow keys to bolt escape in any direction we double tap in.

FULLL IMMURRRSSIIIONN
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, the only Sorc skill with cast time is Crystal Frags and all the Sorcs wait for the proc. Not seen a channel of Frags in a long time.

The prevalence of crushing shock/venom arrow are what make casting frags and dark exchange in the open near impossible for sorcs (and often a death sentence).

It has a chance to apply a debuff.

A 55% chance, so the majority of the time it procs (and the debuffs apply for 3-5 seconds) so they stay up most of the fight if it's being spammed. But to each their own :)
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate to mention this just because it is probably an easy nerfbat to throw at BE but why didn't they just reduce the distance travelled?

It would have taken away the endless escape, limited the total targets for group stunning and also the potential ult gained much better than the current option.

Now that I have said this, that will be their next fix without removing the cost escalation and regen debuff. :(
    Sorc%20BE.png
    Edited by Germtrocity on January 26, 2015 9:03PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    We should be able to key bind the arrow keys to bolt escape in any direction we double tap in.

FULLL IMMURRRSSIIIONN

I'm so immersed I don't even know what is real anymore.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just sounds like you want to use bolt more with your heavy armor build....

aside from that, I played sorc normally and then as an emperor. Magika intensive and a skill not meant to be spammed. Its just the common playstyle around bolt that wants this unerfed.

Suru
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »
    Just sounds like you want to use bolt more with your heavy armor build....

aside from that, I played sorc normally and then as an emperor. Magika intensive and a skill not meant to be spammed. Its just the common playstyle around bolt that wants this unerfed.

You consider those words the next time you want a negate and you get an atronach dropped on you instead. ;)
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hughezy wrote: »
    Hughezy wrote: »
    Teargrants wrote: »
    - Refuse to use negate in raids unless they make one QQ post demanding Bolt Escape buffs per negate

@WRX and @Winnamine, I'll be waiting for these posts. Until then, my negate will be replaced with storm atronach. ;)

If I make a post will you join DC??

Creating a new DC toon will result in the death of a bank alt, so you'll have to live with that on your conscience.

I'm fine with that, let me get my speech ready as well some flowers for joining DC.

I only accept columbine and bugloss...

ChEIYKK.jpg
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter

• Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    un-nerf something that's already a giant head ach ? Yyyeeaa no and it's not cause of the stun or the spamming that I hate it's you Sorc use it to run away cause your afraid to die. If they change it to were you can't run away with it then do what ever you want to it make it have a rainbow tail and play nyan cat while you use it for all I care as long as you can't run away with it.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magika intensive and a skill not meant to be spammed. Its just the common playstyle around bolt that wants this unerfed.

If it's "spammed" the sorc is basically choosing to use up the resource and do piddling damage if any. Sorry that scares you.

"Common playstyle around bolt"? If someone's a sorc and not using bolt they chose the wrong class.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Wisler89
    Wisler89
    ✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

FULLL IMMURRRSSIIIONN

Holy ***, why is this the first time I read something like this? Imagine this would be the most awesome magicka based dogde roll.
    Eclaire Farron, V16 Sorc
    Claire Etro, V16 NB
    Leveling a DK and Temp because I'm bored
    Server: EU - AD, Guild: Lux Dei
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolt escape is being redone. ZOS already said they werent happy with the changes they did to it and are reworking. No worries.

Yeah the whole we don't want to restrict someone from using an ability and then putting restrictions BE because of community outcry seems hypocritical.
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've not been able to use bolt escape reliably in PvP anyways. It takes too much gear to push the reduced spell cost to make that worth using as a getaway spell but I think it is pretty good cc on the other side. Right now I wish we could get a change for the orb morph to make it a magicka % cost without a penalty so us stamina/hybrid types could use it without totally messing up our magicka regen.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bolt Escaped sucks? What ever. So you named one ability that can catch it. Theres tons of "Soloing" Sorcs out there in PVP.
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morvegil wrote: »
    Bolt Escaped sucks? What ever. So you named one ability that can catch it. Theres tons of "Soloing" Sorcs out there in PVP.

Oh lo'ke we have fun don't we? Also I wouldn't say there are tons of solo sorcs, just a few really annoying ones ;).
    Edited by cozmon3c_ESO on January 27, 2015 3:51PM
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll just never tell people of my lags, freezes, no-weapon-swaps, 100% heal debuffs, soul assaults or anything else i sometimes complain about again.
    Only broken Bolt Escape :/ .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh lo'ke we have fun don't we? Also I wouldn't say there are tons of solo sorcs, just a few really annoying ones ;).

haah true! I'm a NB...fix my dark cloak or stealth in general. Lol i was stuck in "combat" for 5 minutes....so i went and killed a wolf and i stealthed.....

Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭

There's alot of solo sorcs, just not very many good ones* :p

Suru
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭

There's alot of solo sorcs, just not very many good ones* :p
    Just not very many free AP ones* :p
  • Mukuro
    Mukuro
    ✭✭
    I never got the chance to use BE during un nerfed times. ..
    I can only imagine...
    Illusions... or real illusions. Within the illusions hide real illusions... from the real illusions, the illusions are created. Within the truth hides the lie... within the lie hides the truth.
    (EP) V13 Sorc "Mukuro Rokudo"
    (EP) V3 Temp "Unmei No Yari"
    (AD) V5 Nb "L'uomo Nero"
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys... After 1.6 imma start a sorc raid... 24 sorcs and well go around all cursing the same person at the same time then watch them drop dead 4 seconds later.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about streaking the other direction?

Magicka Detonation

Using this new ability will place a bomb on your target. After 4 seconds, the bomb will explode dealing high area of effect damage. This ability has a 2 second cast time.
    Inevitable Detonation (morph): This ability will deal area of effect damage if dispelled.
    Proximity Detonation (morph): This ability, cast upon yourself, will blow up and damage all nearby enemies after a few seconds.

*streak* *streak* into middle of zerg....BOOM!

Kamikaze Sorcs incoming!!
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Mukuro
    Mukuro
    ✭✭
    So... impulse/WoE/batswarm/proximity detonation monkeys... and i cant run away BECAUSE MY BOLT ESCAPED IS NERFED...
    Illusions... or real illusions. Within the illusions hide real illusions... from the real illusions, the illusions are created. Within the truth hides the lie... within the lie hides the truth.
    (AD) V5 Nb "L'uomo Nero"
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    un-nerf something that's already a giant head ach ? Yyyeeaa no and it's not cause of the stun or the spamming that I hate it's you Sorc use it to run away cause your afraid to die. If they change it to were you can't run away with it then do what ever you want to it make it have a rainbow tail and play nyan cat while you use it for all I care as long as you can't run away with it.

Right. Because God forbid something called Bolt ESCAPE was a reliable means of escape.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they change it again, the current nerf and the state of the skill atm is outdated in todays game. Un or renerf.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys... After 1.6 imma start a sorc raid... 24 sorcs and well go around all cursing the same person at the same time then watch them drop dead 4 seconds later.

Cinnamonspiderdreams may come back from her vacation to get in on this. Bonus points if you can get only sorcs that didn't put spaces in their name.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what you guys are complaining about. BE seems to work fine in PvP. All I ever see is sorc's BEing themselves to safety while everyone else dies.
  • Mukuro
    Mukuro
    ✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    Not sure what you guys are complaining about. BE seems to work fine in PvP. All I ever see is sorc's BEing themselves to safety while everyone else dies.

Its called a "strategic withdrawal"... and if you do 4+ in a row your magicka is seriously hurting... not to mention that scum nb who only knows how to use ambush.. or a shield charging/critical charging kinda guy gives you trouble... then you gotta roll dodge snipes... not only is your magicka near drained you got no stamina to exchange... your probably gonna die...
    Atleast cloak is getting a fix
    DKs can still block forever and self cure
    Temps can blaze shield and self cure
    But those damn sorcs and theyre squishyness aint allowed to BE twice without getting screwed for it...
    (AD) V5 Nb "L'uomo Nero"