Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The un-nerf Bolt Escape conspiracy, #SorcAlliance

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's called /sweep.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    It's called /sweep.

/shovel
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't always cast dawnbreaker, but when I do, it was an accident :)
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if its true there reworking BE i want to see what they did to it asap
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Savos
    Savos
    Soul Shriven
    I really dont care if they un-nerf BE, ill just spam ambush and go on along trip with that sorc ^^
    To stab or not to stab, that is the question...
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭
    Hughezy wrote: »
    - Refuse to use negate in raids unless they make one QQ post demanding Bolt Escape buffs per negate

@WRX and @Winnamine, I'll be waiting for these posts. Until then, my negate will be replaced with storm atronach. ;)

If I make a post will you join DC??

Creating a new DC toon will result in the death of a bank alt, so you'll have to live with that on your conscience.

I'm fine with that, let me get my speech ready as well some flowers for joining DC.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolt escape is being redone. ZOS already said they werent happy with the changes they did to it and are reworking. No worries.

I bet they will make up something like a percentage base magica consumption. Yay for stam sorcs major nay for magica sorcs or some bs like that.

I would be fine if they´d just make it work in a way were the debuffs don´t apply if you hit somebody with the dmg component of streak or the stun of ball lightning.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Savos wrote: »
    I really dont care if they un-nerf BE, ill just spam ambush and go on along trip with that sorc ^^
    This is such a fun exercise!
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are fine as they are.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Refuse to use negate in raids unless they make one QQ post demanding Bolt Escape buffs per negate

@WRX and @Winnamine, I'll be waiting for these posts. Until then, my negate will be replaced with storm atronach. ;)

Well, I for one don't think bolt escape is strong enough.
    If bolt escape cost 50% less magicka for two minutes after every negate, that would be wonderful.
    It would really encourage group play, like negating and bolt escaping.
    Every day that bolt escape isn't buffed ruins my immersion.
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »

If bolt escape cost 50% less magicka for two minutes after every negate, that would be wonderful.

And this is why I love you, Winnie! <3
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And this is why I love you, Winnie! <3

I <3 you too Cinn
    Now pleasepleaseplease don't start using storm atronach instead of negates!
    It would ruin my immersion.....
    Edited by Winnamine on January 26, 2015 1:22PM
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Hektlk
    Hektlk
    ✭✭✭
    Buff templars.
    Potato Syndicate, IR, Havoc
    Ebonheart Pact, North America

Hektík - VR14 Imperial Templar
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm down for this. Lemme head over to the support forum.

"ZOS help!!! My client keeps crashing and giving me an unknown error!"

Me:You think that's bad, at least you don't have to deal with Broken Escape!
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hektlk wrote: »
    Buff templars.
    Yeah, you can still kill them! That ain't right!
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff templars.

Hey there fellow templar. Now scram please! Only nightblades are allowed to hijack. It's mandatory to have at least 2 pages of Cloak crying, when discussing the sorcerer class.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Buff templars.

Hey there fellow templar. Now scram please! Only nightblades are allowed to hijack. It's mandatory to have at least 2 pages of Cloak crying, when discussing the sorcerer class.

LOL this is so so true.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc for life. However, un-nerfing bolt escape/streak? Are you serious? I know the class struggle is real, but seriously? There is no way bolt escape should be un-nerfed. The current cost increase is perfectly fine, and changing it back would make me unkillable.

The Vampire Mist Form needs to have the same cost increase. I know it already forces 0 mana regeneration for a few seconds, but it's way too strong.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

WAT.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:|
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Possible patch note from 1.6:

Bolt escape will now cost both Health and Magicka. Each use of escape will increase resources required by 50%. Base cost: 500 Health, 400 Magicka. We feel this will increase the death of all sorcs who try and escape away from combat whilst allowing for a balancing of resource usage.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on January 26, 2015 4:42PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the coming influx of destro NBs (I said it, you just wait till they get their grubby hands on crushing shock based off spell power) I think most sorcs will feel the current cost of BE is far too much. #nowheretorun #SorcAlliance

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jahosefat wrote: »
    With the coming influx of destro NBs (I said it, you just wait till they get their grubby hands on crushing shock based off spell power) I think most sorcs will feel the current cost of BE is far too much. #nowheretorun #SorcAlliance

I have the exact opposite prediction. Siphonblades (funnel health + crippling grasp) will be back with a vengeance, the "pre-Cycle of Life nerf" kind.

If Crushing Shock no longer benefits from Flawless Dawnbreaker and Aggressive Horn there's no benefit to it over Funnel Health. They will do similar damage and Funnel will offer better group utility.

Interesting to see who'll be right :)
    Edited by Maulkin on January 26, 2015 5:36PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have the exact opposite prediction. Siphonblades (funnel health + crippling grasp) will be back with a vengeance, the "pre-Cycle of Life nerf" kind.

If Crushing Shock no longer benefits from Flawless Dawnbreaker and Aggressive Horn there's no benefit to it over Funnel Health. They will do similar damage and Funnel will offer better group utility.

Welcome back to the forums, haven't seen you in a while :o
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭

Vs sorcs the interrupt of crushing shock goes a long way, and applies a snare (and dmg debuff) so I fear it more than funnel health spam currently; but you may be right after changes. The new NB skill they were talking about (the one with the magical bow shot that procs or something) also sounds like a sorc killer. We will see :)

This thread has inspired me: can a decent pvp sorc build be made without any bolt escape?

Can it be done? Has it been done? Should it be done? I hope to soon answer these questions.

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Bolt escape is being redone. ZOS already said they werent happy with the changes they did to it and are reworking. No worries.

I bet they will make up something like a percentage base magica consumption. Yay for stam sorcs major nay for magica sorcs or some bs like that.

I would be fine if they´d just make it work in a way were the debuffs don´t apply if you hit somebody with the dmg component of streak or the stun of ball lightning.

well, that can be done in a way both "factions" are pleased but i highly doubt that they spend any time thinking about it to please bothe sides...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only does BE need to be un-nerfed, but it needs a morph that allows you to bolt BACKWARDS.... that would be so much more useful in many situations. I want to be able to stay on target while I bolt!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only does BE need to be un-nerfed, but it needs a morph that allows you to bolt BACKWARDS.... that would be so much more useful in many situations. I want to be able to stay on target while I bolt!

stay-on-target-500x370_zps89c28767.png
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to mention this just because it is probably an easy nerfbat to throw at BE but why didn't they just reduce the distance travelled?

It would have taken away the endless escape, limited the total targets for group stunning and also the potential ult gained much better than the current option.

Now that I have said this, that will be their next fix without removing the cost escalation and regen debuff. :(
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Da Sandman
      Da Sandman
      ✭✭✭
      I would like to blink at 45 degree angle into keeps.... for you know.... science.
      Da Sandman

Havöc