Crown Store Item Wish List

• Sarah_Lynn
    Sarah_Lynn
    ✭✭✭

Not okay:
    • Character slots. We won't need them anymore since you can just make a new f2p account and make that 23rd DK you'll leave at level 1 and won't use.

I thought the game was going b2p? You still have to buy an account in order to have more characters, that and your dyes and items and membership won't be shared. I think more character slots is an important thing to sell.
    I spend way too much time and money on this game.
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about...

Custom Gear Naming - Allows you to name a piece of bound equipment, after all, why shouldn't we be able to name our own gear? If not for convenience to keep it all together in the bank/inventory, then for roleplaying purposes.

Custom Recipes - Recipes that use the same ingredients with a new name, maybe "Terminus' Stew". The important part is that it copies a recipe you already know, not learning a brand new recipe to the game.

Ability Revamps - Change the way we teleport, the way we swim, the way we fall onto the ground dead. You can even change the way our combat abilities look to ourselves, but don't change how they look to everyone else, unless you're sure it will remain balanced and not cause any major advantages in battle. Maybe disable them in PvP?

Forum Titles and Awards - Why does everybody keep forgetting about the forums? Longtime members should have custom images for their accounts!

EDIT:

Achievement Costumes - Have you completed Shalidor's Library? Maybe you're proud that you're Truly Undaunted? Lets see some costumes with average purchasing price, but high in-game requirements. Make it so that people look at these costumes and remember what was required to be able to unlock them. Was it just to invest their money with Zenimax? Or was it something... more?

Paul Sage's Shirt - No explanation required.
    Edited by Terminus on January 21, 2015 11:30PM
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I would like to see:

~More character slots.

~**Dyeable**Costumes, dresses, regular, non-armor looking clothes like in Skyrim.

~Emotes.

~Store only dyes

~Name changes.

~Mounts and vanity pets.

~Bank slots.

What I don't want:

~Gear and on par consumables.

~Race/class/faction change

~Skill and attribute point resets

~Style motif books

~Store only boosts for attributes or to increase crit/decrease incoming damage etc.

~Premium only classes. The warden class that was spoken of is welcome, but not as a paid item. At least disguise it in an update.

~The biggest thing I don't want in the shop is a barber. Pretty much every game out there has in in-game barber. We've been asking for one since launch and the zoom-in bug made for some pretty bad looking toons. The fact that a barber was never added makes me think that one has been slated for the shop for quite some time... A compromise to this would be to release a barber with an update or have a one time account-wide unlock for unlimited use. I would never buy a one time access for each toon.

~Housing. Fluff items to decorate sure, but real cash for something like that is pushing it.

~Crafting mats, particularly rare items like pepper, rosin etc.

~No in-game shop button flashing at me. I guarantee I'll get a reskinned ui that only hides the button. At least make it a toggle. If I want to buy something, I will. If shop ads start popping up, I won't buy stuff *only* because you're ruining my immersion.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone!

As part of Update 6, we are introducing the Crown Store: an in-game store where you can purchase customization and convenience items. The store offers consumables you can use to save time on in-game activities (like experience and crafting boosters, for example) along with new customization options including costumes, exotic pets, and mounts. When the Crown Store launches, we’ll have a number of items available immediately, but what about the future? Tell us what sorts of goods and services you would like to see offered in the Crown Store – you can be as general or specific as you’d like.

You can view some of the planned Crown Store items at the following link, beginning at 23:59 http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3711373

We look forward to reading your ideas and feedback!

I don't care what cosmetic items are sold, but I am concerned about the shop selling anything that can be obtained in-game by other means than gold (i.e. crafting, harvesting, looting, drops etc..). That way ruin lies.

Btw, if I stay I plan to remain "subscribed", but I would also like say I think it's a really bad idea to use in-game bonuses on crafting research, experience gain etc.. It may seem marginal, but this too reeks of "pay to win". Please stick with your professed philosophy and figure out something else to make the sub worthwhile.

Thanks and good luck. You'll need it, because with the CP debacle and now this ZoS' credibility has taken a nosedive and it will be a while before green players come in with no recollection of what came before.

Edited by Muizer on January 21, 2015 11:31PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Harleyquincey
    Harleyquincey
    ✭✭✭
    Since I've been with MMOs since 1999, I'd like to just share a few things from what players in general hate about cash shops, so maybe the odd trap can be avoided ;)

- Items that are any challenge to existing items stat-wise, this goes from weapons to armor to potions, enchantments. No cash items should ever be nearly as good as a player-item or a drop-item. And I'm not talking about "potion from NPC = 250 hp, potion from shop = 350 hp, potion from player =400 hp". Just no. This would be a way too slim difference between shop and the real deal

- Lorebreaking items are very, very difficult. Take a look at SW:TOR for this and the "Life Day" in the SW universe which is basically a sort of excuse for having Christmas. People are still divided about having mounts that are colored/decorated in red/white with a christmas feeling for Life Day celebration. I'd probably rather skip doing this, especially with such a vocal community as Elder Scrolls has (SW may be more nerds as such but they do also have more of a family community)

- XP-Boosters over the amount of what subscribers have by default. This would be like making them bend over and.. *enter snip sound here*. This is one of the most certain ways to annoy every single subscriber

- Convenience is a difficult topic again, see SW:TOR again for reference (Sorry for often bringing it up but it is such a perfect example) - as a subscriber you don't miss out on anything but even I, as a former sub of that game, got to say they might have gone a wee bit mad on the missing of convenience features for non-subs (as in: not being able to talk in a eneral chat more than once per minute, not being able to participate in endgame raids for more than a certain amount (if at all) e.g.) - so best try to keep this to the basic elements of convenience because while this would not per se annoy subscribers, it could lead to a negative feedback (at the same time: it did lure people to subscribe obviously but it's a fairly dark path to walk on)

- Do try to never, ever stay from your original promise on what sort of content the cash shop will have. This is such a tremendous issue. Announcing b2p is fine, but don't say "X" now and go "Y" in the future with shop items, people would be badmouthing this game in every single place for this, ain't that right LoTR e.g.?

Now let's cover a few things I personally would really love to see

1) More mounts, however not with major different mechanics to those you can buy ingame, such as no Flying Mudcrab Pie with the ability to magically fart sweetrolls when all you get ingame is Horse and Horse2. Speaking of flying things.. please.. don't. Really. I'm dreaming of a rideable Wamasu by the way...

2) Costumes which are not silly. Yes. I'M talking about things like formal attire for various cultures, things inspired by (past-time) lore characters/events(I am looking at YOU Star Trek: Online for breaking time flux here!), a modern day example would be "Something inspired by italian nobility during the 16th century", not "2034's Super Space Outfit".

3) Pets which actually differ. Many games do make the mistake of adding 231 variations of the same pet and try to sell it as well. I get it, it's far less work. I'll still never purchase any of these recolours, no matter how many there will be. So please do make them differ, something that you really want to have along

4) Character slots. Not that I particularily need some, but I know several people who'd like to have more and would actually purchase them

5) Adaptable armor/weapons/shields with purchasable custom designs (no lorebreaking ones though, I don't need a Bazooka-Bow that shoots kittens with lasersharks attached to their bellies)

I'll add more after some more sleep. Maybe. Maybe not. We shall see ;)

EU Server
    Clavius Lydoris Probus - Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Co-Founder of [Black Manticore Brigade]
    Proud member of [Sigma Draconis] and [House Zar]
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing. Cash stores ultimately ruin games.

P2W1.jpg
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on January 21, 2015 11:46PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Lorebreaking items are very, very difficult. Take a look at SW:TOR for this and the "Life Day" in the SW universe which is basically a sort of excuse for having Christmas. People are still divided about having mounts that are colored/decorated in red/white with a christmas feeling for Life Day celebration.
    The funny thing about this is that Life Day has been part of Star Wars lore since 1978... It actually predates everything in Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Granted, Lucasfilm kind of disavowed the 1978 Star Wars Holiday Special, but it did exist, and it did introduce, amongst other things, Life Day, Wookie-ookies (aka Wookie cookies), Boba Fett, and Chewbacca's wife and son!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Telling us what you don't want to see is fine as well. :)

-Lootbox keys
    -Lottery/slots/bingo crap
    -Any buffs better than crafted that become max items for pvp including speed;invisibility; immunity; armour boost, debuffs, buffs.
    -Armor & Weapons better than drops or crafted
    -Pay to level
    -More Grinds introduced with grind cutting store crap
    -Store buttons / popups all over my screen
    -Micro-transactions becoming the focus of the game

But of course in time all of this will come into the wretched shop.
    Hew's Bane*
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aenra wrote: »
    sorry @MODs, cannot edit with my IE

if i could add one more thing, on the wish list:

make our monthly crown loyalties -count-. Most games, your monthly stipend is not enough for nearly anything of note, so you always need to buy more. And more, and more crowns. Which evidently leads you to drop your sub, because let's face it, it is a rip off. Please do not go there :)

Lol of course it isn't and never will be. Its about one thing $
    Hew's Bane*
  • HyperToxic
    HyperToxic
    ✭✭✭
    I would pay for services such as:

Alliance Change
    Race Change
    Hair/Body/Face Change
    Name Change

I created on my toons on 3/30 and did not realize what my play style would be considering the usefulness or lack thereof of certain race/class/ability combinations.
    V14 Sorc / V14 Templar / V14 Dk / V5 NB

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is offering XP boosts and mounts/costumes/pets considered pay to win?

What in that whole paragraph denotes pay to win? Can you buy top-tier gear with real cash? No? That'd be pay to win.

This sounds more like "pay to get nifty cosmetic shtuff and XP boosts to aid us in getting to max level"

Where's the "win" in that? Please, I'm legitimately having trouble finding it.

Keep a note of this post you made and look back in one or two years and see if it still rings true.

Betcha it dont.
    Hew's Bane*
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    For me, it is, of course, things for vampires and werewolves. I want the following costumes:
    10. All of the various Vampire Stage Looks. Wearing these costumes would keep your vampire with the APPEARANCE of the selected Stage regardless of what Stage they are actually in. Caveat: IF the Justice System causes Stage 4 vampires to be aggroed by guards then the costume needs to "break" at Stage 4 but NOT disappear from your inventory and can be put back on once you return to Stage 3 or lower.
    11. Cyrodiilic Vampire. This costume would return your vampire, no matter their stage, to the original appearance they had when they were created BEFORE becoming a vampire. Caveat: IF the Justice System causes Stage 4 vampires to be aggroed by guards then the costume needs to "break" at Stage 4 but NOT disappear from your inventory and can be put back on once you return to Stage 3 or lower.
    12. Glenmoril Wyrd Vampire: This costume would give your vampire the Stage 1 skin but keep their original eye color and makeup/tattoos. Caveat: IF the Justice System causes Stage 4 vampires to be aggroed by guards then the costume needs to "break" at Stage 4 but NOT disappear from your inventory and can be put back on once you return to Stage 3 or lower.
    13. NOTE: The vampire costumes must apply to the body of the character only so that you may still wear the armor of your choice with them rather than having them come with a premade costume/clothing set. It would be NICE if these vampiric costumes were actually in the form of a slottable trinket or trophy so that you could then wear regular costumes with them as well. I am okay with these vampiric costumes being SLIGHTLY more expensive than the other costumes as they will definitely require more involved coding to create.
    14. Some suitably dark and spooky costumes for vampires to wear.

Yes, to all these! Also new emotes for vampires, /lungehiss, /barefangs, etc ...

Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the new business model can be managed better than other games.
    More or less as wish list I'd like what written by many already.
    The chance to change appearance would be interesting.
    Crowns rewarded for past subscribed months could be more.

I just hope two things:
    - no pay to win (items, abilities, etc.)
    - no gear/costumes/mounts not related to TES setting (like motorbikes, sunglasses, seasonal gear and crazy costumes similar to some GW2 stuff)

P.s. some costumes should not work in Cyrodiil (jester, wedding one, etc.), some others could be usable just in specific locations.
    Edited by Helluin on January 22, 2015 8:19PM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As part of Update 6, we are introducing the Crown Store: an in-game store where you can purchase customization and convenience items.

And so it begins :( So disappointing.

My suggestion: make everything in the cash shop available through ingame means as well.
  • Lobharvey
    Lobharvey
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see some nice quality of life items such as remote bank and remote guild store access devices. These devices could only be used x amount of times per day, and could also be crafted by either a blacksmith or better yet woodworker (they need far more items types to craft). The required mats to craft the items could be very high, say 1 to 5 stacks of each wood type.
  • Firellight
    Firellight
    ✭✭✭
    Firellight wrote: »
    Clothes: I would stay strictly to villager clothes. I wouldn't advocate for armour-based items. The game seems to be lacking in villager clothes, which is something that Elder Scrolls games are supposed to have. I think commoner clothes would be a great addition to the crown shop, as they would be in demand from players, are 100% lore-friendly, and ZOS can continually diversify NPC outfits.

Character Appearance: I wouldn't like something that allows people to completely change a character's appearance. I think it should be restricted to hair, adornments, tattoos and build (skinny/muscular/fat). This way, your character is still the same person, just probably went to the gym and got a haircut (or grew hair). Hair colour remains the same as creation (or should we have the freedom to change hair colour?).

Additional Appearance Options: Implement more hairstyles, adornments and tattoos for the buying. Try not to keep them too neatly fashioned, just make them look good for the lore.

Texture Packs: This is modding territory, but I think it's a good DLC idea to have high-res and low-res/basic texture packs. Perhaps even permit individual developers to host their own packs, sell them, and ZOS can receive royalties? The closer ESO is to traditional TES modding communities, the better.

Speaking of: Allow modding capabilities for sound, lighting and textures. Anything to spice up the appearance of the game, the better. Endless visuals! Any successful mods (or anything ZOS likes) can receive standalone implementations (e.g. clothing textures), and be sold in the shop for royalties.

Please note that these mod edits will not be able to be seen by other players who do not use the mods.

If the past two suggestions would lead to technical issues, then forget it.

Horse Stable: I think it's important for people to be able to transfer horses they've been feeding for months to other characters. This is great for people who create new mains, or play on their alts for extended periods of them. A one-time transfer should do.

House Decorations: Since we will be getting a housing system some time in the future, it would be wise for ZOS to sell decorations in the Crown shop. Possibly also have a crafting system for it too, but buying with cash is convenient for people who want to decorate immediately. **Building houses would probably be through crafting, and not sold in the Crown shop.

Pets: Current pets are pushing the lore, imo. However, we can have various dogs, perhaps with a pet interaction system.

Mounts: Please stick to horses. Personally, I wouldn't mind buying a horse with stats, it's not very P2W in my perspective, but I guess if others care about it, stick to simple horse stats.

EXP Boost: Have an EXP boost for characters below level 50. Champion progression should not have a payer advantage.

Expansions: I stand neutral on zone expansion packs. Might update this listing depending on community discussions.

From: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/147210/suggestions-for-crown-items#latest
    Posted before I found this thread.

Also: If we have holiday specials, we could have festival items that coincide with in-game lore. I'm not familiar with Tamriel holidays, but players could use some familiarity with them.
    Edited by Firellight on January 22, 2015 1:32AM
  • EruEarendel
    EruEarendel
    Soul Shriven
    Please keep the cash shop lore friendly and not p2w and we are fine :smiley:
    also! New emoticons would be cool! + Barbershop!!! (even if i prefer it with in game gold)

one more thing:
    I am a little bit worried about one thing of eso+ membership,i am a member since beta and i'll stay an eso+ for sure,but i am worried with the new areas,for example if i play for one more year and being a eso+ member,and suddenly something happens and i have to stop my subscription,will i have to buy all the areas that have been released that past year? it's gonna be a bit of pain and it's gonna be a disadvantage for eso+ members who suddenly need to stop the game in the future,because paying for all that content is gonna be really hard especially if we consider that this member stopped for economical reasons,some plans for special offers for past eso+ members,or after 5 months subscription you unlock the dlc to your account to stay forever there or something like that.Just some suggestions :smile:
    “Not only do we live among the stars, the stars live within us.”
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lobharvey wrote: »
    I'd love to see some nice quality of life items such as remote bank and remote guild store access devices. These devices could only be used x amount of times per day, and could also be crafted by either a blacksmith or better yet woodworker (they need far more items types to craft). The required mats to craft the items could be very high, say 1 to 5 stacks of each wood type.

This is the kind of stuff that will completely ruin this game.

This is an Elder Scrolls game, first and foremost. If ZOS ignores that fact and starts implementing things like this, game over.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DO NOT put an annoying icon on the UI that reminds us there is a cash shop. We will all be keenly aware of the cash shop w/o a ridiculously intrusive flashing icon on a UI that was left bare to begin with for "immersion".

DO NOT add lockboxes or any other item that drops on mobs that will require a key or other device purchased in the cash shop in order to open the box. This is extremely rude and another popular tactic designed to be an in-your-face reminder that there is a cash shop.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I WANT:

Pets are good, especially more warm blooded furry ones (no more mudcrabs or Dwemer robots please).

Mounts are good, but please add some via quests in-game too. Maybe have different skins of mounts in the cash shop, but let there be a quest version too.

PLAYER HOUSING!!! I've probably spent more on this in past games than anything else (Everquest 2, their houses rock, and their decoration system rocks even more!). Add to that decorations that can be both found in-game via quests and cash shop alternatives.

Character appearance change - I had hoped this would be made available by now, but I'm guessing it will probably be cash shop. Still this is badly needed! I would have liked to see anything from character generation being free and adding additional hair and makeup/beard styles/adornments/body markings being a cash shop thing, but at this point as long as it doesn't cost a whole month's premium crowns to purchase for one character, I'll take anything. Please consider the idea of making basic character gen stuff free and adding additional stuff to a cash shop. All hair colors, body builds, eye color, face sliders, body markings available in character creation need to be available for players to tweak. No one should have to be stuck with char gen mistakes unless they re-roll.

Costumes are good as long as they are lore friendly and you can get costumes in-game too.

Bank space - also badly needed

Extra character slots - I'd probably pay for one or two down the road after filling up current ones.

What ever else you add, please keep it lore friendly and don't break immersion.

What I DON"T want:

No pay to win stuff! No xp boosts, potions, gear, or anything that gives money machine players an advantage over everyone else.

Also please don't neglect the rest of the game just to provide cash shop content.

Edited by Kesstryl on January 22, 2015 1:55AM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • eqbrekkik
    eqbrekkik
    Soul Shriven
    Things I would like to see:
    Additional character slots
    Name change option
    Appearance change option (on that note, still waiting for Argonian face paint to get some color options, ZOS!)
    Mounts - Lore friendly AND balanced with existing in-game mounts
    Vanity items if necessary. Honestly, I'd rather see some vanity items that can be made by crafters, but I wouldn't be terribly opposed to seeing them in the cash shop.

Things I don't want to see:
    Obviously, anything game breaking or unbalancing. I know everyone has their own ideas on what would really be game breaking, immersion breaking, or unbalancing, but there are some universal ones to keep in mind at least. Keep clear of introducing anything obviously pay to win, of course. You know, no special gear that's stronger than what's available in game with exclusive enchantments that you can only get in the shop. You've upset (to say the least) enough players over the months with various balance tweaks, nerfs, etc. that you really don't need to be adding more work for yourselves by adding in other things that will just break the balance further. Otherwise, I'll just approach these changes with a kind of cautious optimism.

I've seen cash shops done right. I stuck with SOE after they made all their games f2p with optional sub and EQ2's cash shop (can't speak for their other games since I don't play them) is hardly game breaking, though I would argue they kind of went off the deep end with some of their appearance mounts (please no giant rabbits).
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    Just putting stuff in one post because others have already said what I would.

Yes:
    Rosveen wrote: »
    barber shop and name change please.
    Olern wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to buy another character slot.
    Garion wrote: »
    I want to see vanity items, such as armour for horses, costumes and dyes.

No:
    Garion wrote: »
    superior gear, potions, materials or anything that would give someone a skill or ability advantage either in PvE or PvP. That would make me leave the game as a matter of principle.
    - lockboxes/lottery items. Including covert types, such as buy 5 and guranteed one amongst them, whereas buying one there is a "chance to"

- limited time offers, usually preeminent when a financial Quarter is nearing, and tadaa, the surprise. Liited time offering of said item that is two times better than anything else you sold before it. And people bought. Already. Reasons being obvious

Also:
    Just don't break the lore, the immersion of the game for the sake of crowns.

Make sure that subscibers don't have to pay for new DLC, we made a contract, honor it.
    make our monthly crown loyalties -count-. Most games, your monthly stipend is not enough for nearly anything of note, so you always need to buy more. And more, and more crowns. Which evidently leads you to drop your sub, because let's face it, it is a rip off. Please do not go there :)

"This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    ✭✭✭
    The ability to burn Paul's shirt.
  • biggman83b14_ESO
    biggman83b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    First off I would like it known to the Devs/Staff that I am against the whole cash shop, it seems like the first step into oblivion for most games. But as I doubt anything I or anyone else says will make much of a difference as it will get implemented at this point. So instead hopefully voicing what we don't want will help stave off P2W.

What I don't want to see with the cash shop -

Lore-inappropriate items - this means anything, mounts, weapons, costumes etc.
    Gear - by no means should gear be available within the cash shop, doesn't matter if it is low lvl or high end, no gear period.
    Stackable crafting timer reductions - the timers are in place to make researching traits feel like an accomplishment, I know I have spent months working on my trait research and if a mechanic comes along and makes that time I and many others have spent research trivial then its just another slap in the face.
    Instant Max Level options
    In-game cash shop advertisements - just don't do it, in any form, no pop ups, no banners, no button to hit to get to the cash shop, it's all immersion breaking to me. Since you're putting this function in game do it right, make it a merchant you visit to make purchases out of the cash shop, at least this will blend it into the game a bit better.
    No Style Motifs
    No Skill Point resets! - that needs to stay an in-game only function to preserve game integrity, imo
    No ridiculous mounts - i.e. dragons, faster than stable purchasable mounts etc.

What I would like to see -

Costumes - Please keep the costumes viable to the game world, tradeskill costumes, armor styles, an eyepatch or two that sorta thing. Please refrain from adding things like chainmail bikini's, skimpy armor etc, its just ridiculous.
    Functions - Barbershop, name change, character look, additional character slots these sorta things.
    Pets - cant say it enough...Lore friendly only please, and no sorcerer class skills as pets please, atronach, banekin, etc. It's not fair to the sorc community to hijack their class skill as a vanity pet.
    Player Housing - once it gets implemented, decorations, furniture, lighting options, textures, house plants, armor/weapon stands etc etc.
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Character Customization and Name Changes. Name changes were actually promised to us pre-launch, and at launch the character creation screen was bugged so that you could not zoom in on our characters' faces. We really need these, Roleplayers especially.

New crafting motifs, Senche-Raht mounts, Chaurus mounts, flying vanity pets (like a small bird), and hopefully cloaks and capes would also be great additions to the crown store.

But please, no bear mounts.
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting and xp boosts on the store at launch? This is not a good start at all and has me very concerned. People should not be able to spend real cash on items in the game that will give them an advantage over others. These two items alone exceed that. I am so disappointed at today's announcement; seriously a sad day. What would I like to see on the store? Absolutely nothing... I want the store removed from the plans as this is a path the game is traveling that focuses on nothing but money. This game means a lot to me and I have been looking forward to this for so many years. This is a game that I could see myself playing until the servers close, due to it's dev's and community. However, if this game does this incorrectly by adding stuff to the store like xp boosts and crafting boosts and starts the path to destruction, I will be forced to jump ship. You must be careful and not add stuff to the market that will render crafting useless and most importantly, not render the game useless. All because you can just whip out you wallet to buy yourself through the game.

Of course I will see this through and continue to play as I absolutely love this game. If there is going to be a store, than so be it. But, please only keep vanity items and fluff content (costumes, hair cuts, pets, ect...) on the store. PLEASE!
  • TwilightDragonite
    Sarah_Lynn wrote: »

Not okay:
    • Character slots. We won't need them anymore since you can just make a new f2p account and make that 23rd DK you'll leave at level 1 and won't use.

I thought the game was going b2p? You still have to buy an account in order to have more characters, that and your dyes and items and membership won't be shared. I think more character slots is an important thing to sell.

Ah, you're right. I got so caught up in my QQ I forgot what they actually said.
    Holla holla get $
  • Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I have no idea what I would like to see there. Maybe some purely visual horse armor but that's it.

Also, is there a wish list for what we want in Cyrodiil? Cause that's where I want to see new stuff.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry that can added as part of crafted sets
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • joseph.c.altmanpub19_ESO
    I did not read this tread yet so not sure if anyone already mentioned this but from the crown store I want:

1) Different styles of mount armor, saddles, saddlebags, headgear, etc..

2) "Weapon costumes": Meaning I can buy a sward, bow, staff etc.. that has no statistical value and can only be equipped in a "costume" slot but looks "cool" or "unique" or what not. Hell, they could even create weapon costumes that match gear costumes and have everything match as a full set. Whatever actual weapon I have equipped would be my weapon value; just as gear costumes work now. Finally, sward "costumes" can only be equipped when you have a sward on your bar and bow with bow. I only call it "weapon costume" because I do not know how else to describe it.

I'm sure other people have mentioned items that I would also like to see but I thought these may be two items that people may not have talked about yet.