Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Item Wish List

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The store offers consumables you can use to save time on in-game activities (like experience and crafting boosters, for example) along with new customization options including costumes, exotic pets, and mounts.

Does this sound like the start of a pay to win model to anyone else?

*Edit: I think it's disgusting that they are considering offering XP boosts even for crafting.

If you've already got maxed crafting skills who does this hurt? It allows the new people a leg up on getting to our level.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is player housing going to be DLC or Cash Shop?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Will any store items be tradable?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

As part of Update 6, we are introducing the Crown Store: an in-game store where you can purchase customization and convenience items. The store offers consumables you can use to save time on in-game activities (like experience and crafting boosters, for example) along with new customization options including costumes, exotic pets, and mounts. When the Crown Store launches, we’ll have a number of items available immediately, but what about the future? Tell us what sorts of goods and services you would like to see offered in the Crown Store – you can be as general or specific as you’d like.

You can view some of the planned Crown Store items at the following link, beginning at 23:59 http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3711373

We look forward to reading your ideas and feedback!

Great. Now the game is pay-to-win.

How is offering XP boosts and mounts/costumes/pets considered pay to win?

What in that whole paragraph denotes pay to win? Can you buy top-tier gear with real cash? No? That'd be pay to win.

This sounds more like "pay to get nifty cosmetic shtuff and XP boosts to aid us in getting to max level"

Where's the "win" in that? Please, I'm legitimately having trouble finding it.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone!

As part of Update 6, we are introducing the Crown Store: an in-game store where you can purchase customization and convenience items. The store offers consumables you can use to save time on in-game activities (like experience and crafting boosters, for example) along with new customization options including costumes, exotic pets, and mounts. When the Crown Store launches, we’ll have a number of items available immediately, but what about the future? Tell us what sorts of goods and services you would like to see offered in the Crown Store – you can be as general or specific as you’d like.

You can view some of the planned Crown Store items at the following link, beginning at 23:59 http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3711373

What in that whole paragraph denotes pay to win? Can you buy top-tier gear with real cash? No? That'd be pay to win.

This sounds more like "pay to get nifty cosmetic shtuff and XP boosts to aid us in getting to max level"

Give it 2 months. You'll only be able to get certain powerful items from the cash shop.

That's how this works. I've been through several subscription => F2P/cash shop transitions.

It starts out with costumes, and then when they need more money from the cash shop turns into "We are announcing artifacts. Super powerful items that you can only get in the cash shop".
    Edited by Bouvin on January 21, 2015 9:38PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell us what sorts of goods and services you would like to see offered in the Crown Store – you can be as general or specific as you’d like. We look forward to reading your ideas and feedback!

1) i would like to be able to purchase a dwemer sphere centurian to help me in pvp and pvp, and not just act as a pet that follows me but an actual dwemer sphere centurian that can help me and do damage to my enemies especially in pvp. (and also have a carrying capacities to store some of my found treasures)

2) i would like to be able to purchase companions to help me in dungeons, caves, and delves just like is available in dungeons and dragons online.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am OK with account and character utility things.
    • Name changes
    • Appearance changes
    • Faction changes
    • Complete respecs (class, gender and race while retaining level).
    Priced accordingly.

I also think that people should be able to freely move characters, at their current build, between any of the servers as often as they want (with cooldown as needed). The character would exist only on one server at a time. I can envision having a PS4 and PC account that is used back and forth depending on where friends are playing. It would be nice to "visit" a server and then be able to come back.

I do not think that selling levels is a good idea. There should be some investment in the character beyond a few bucks.

I suspect that this idea of selling items that merchants sell for gold will not pan out. Gold is easy to get, Crowns cost real money. Please do not add gold sinks in order to drive people to Crowns to get stuff available from merchants.

Add me to the list of people who do not want to see achievement related items show up in the shop. This includes dyes. If you want to have a dye that is special to the store, fine, but the color would have to actually be one that is not in the game.

Unique drop items and quest rewards should also not be in the shop.

I have said in another thread that the shop should not compete with the guild stores. No crafting materials, raw materials, or crafted items. Most definitely nothing that is considered rare in the game, like motifs, nirncrux, dwemer scrap, etc. This applies even after the rare content has been out there a while and newer DLC with newer rare content is available.

I think that non-subscription players should be easily identifiable in the game. This opens the door for an item or consumable that masks this and makes them look like subscribers.

Also, while I am at it, I am not liking the special one time reward for everyone who subscribed for the entire duration of the game. Some of us launch people have been in and out but have always kept up with the game, even if we have not been able to remain subscribed the entire time.

Edited by Elsonso on January 21, 2015 9:43PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to recall Paul Sage saying "You buy the game once, pay the subscription and ALL content is available to EVERY player at no extra cost." Well, I bought the game pre-order and paid $15 a month since 4.4.14 so now that that statement has been made out to be a lie I have to purchase things with cash in a cash shop if I want ALL the game content?

Please, tell us in a year you won't be selling pay to win items so I can laugh and quote you on it when you start selling them. What I want is what I was told, "You buy the game once, pay the subscription and ALL content is available to EVERY player at no extra cost."

I want nothing to do with your cash shop Zenimax.
    Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on January 21, 2015 10:35PM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would have no problem with entry level gear either tbh - like a starter pack for each level bracket or something
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things that I'm ok with:
    • Costumes
    • Name Changes
    • "Barber Shop" / Appearance Changes
    • Dyes
    • Pets
    • Mounts that have no statistical difference to in-game mounts

Few things I do not want:
    • Lottery / gambling "boxes" with additional purchase of "keys"
    • Potions to enhance gameplay in any way
    • Weapon packs
    • New (any) motifs
    • In-game currency packs (any and all type of in-game currency)
    • The selling of soul gems (which you are unfortunately doing)
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on January 21, 2015 9:52PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -unusual mounts/pets (cease to be unusual if they are in the crown store though) Senche-raht, bear, mammoth, guar mounts and spider, nix, dog, cat, wolf, bat, raven, parrot, mini frost troll pets (with some pet emotes)

-extra bank spacespeaks for itself

-costumes/armor skins I want an Almalexia costume that causes my character to float a foot or two off the ground when I use it, and costumes allowing early game style of armor for endgame character.

-item allowing weapon/armor trait to be changed Ought to be in game already, and not in the crown store, but I'll take what I can get, or do something about all the good sets with useless traits.

-cosmetic changes hair, earings, warpaint, weight, complexion (maybe I got a tan running around the desert)

-extra character slots speaks for itself

-a truly jet black dye

-Mortal appearance for my Vamps (should not be usable in Cyrodil, to appease people who forget they can't see through a full face helmet, and the effect should drop in combat)

Couldn't care less about vendor potions/soul gems being in the crown shop, though some seem pretty distressed about it. Across 8 alts and thousands of hours of play, I have purchased the single stat vendor potions and soul gems one or two times total.

I can see someone buying soulgems if they res a lot of people in PVP. If someone doesn't care about shiny fluff items, it might be the only thing they spend their crowns on.

Here's a question, if I buy a couple stacks of empty soulgems in the crown store, and fill them, will it be possible to sell the filled soulgems? Doesn't really matter, enough work goes into filling them all that it shouldn't hurt anybody's feelings if this could be done, but I am curious.
  • Shader_UA
    Shader_UA
    Soul Shriven
    Well, everything has already been said, just pointing out some major concerns.

YES to lore-friendly pets, costumes, mounts etc. Really want my Khajiit to ride a Senche Tiger :blush:

NO to any boosters and/or superior gear and items. Keep the game fair for everyone, that was one of the main reasons I loved ESO so much.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    we DONT wont any EXP boosters in shop, you want to give +10% exp more for premium acc and additional +% boost from cash shop items?

pls.....

edit: NVM I was wrong
    Edited by Tyr on January 21, 2015 9:57PM
  • Rashishane
    Rashishane
    ✭✭
    The store offers consumables you can use to save time on in-game activities (like experience and crafting boosters, for example) along with new customization options including costumes, exotic pets, and mounts.

Does this sound like the start of a pay to win model to anyone else?

*Edit: I think it's disgusting that they are considering offering XP boosts even for crafting.

If you've already got maxed crafting skills who does this hurt? It allows the new people a leg up on getting to our level.

"I'll sell my inventions so that *everyone* can have powers. *Everyone* can be super! And when everyone's super...no one will be." - Syndrome

Thats right...I quoted a cartoon.
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would like to see toggle-able alternate spell effects so I can make my mage light look like an orb of fire or something.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • LasurArkinshade
    LasurArkinshade
    ✭✭✭
    The one thing I'll say is that, while I support the current design of the Crown Store as a replacement for mandatory subscriptions, I urge you to show restraint, not just in terms of the items offered in the store, but also in terms of the amount of developer time spent on Crown Store items and the balance of in-game and in-store rewards.

It's fine to have cool stuff in the Crown Store, but please don't neglect in-game rewards in favour of the Crown Store. It'd be a huge shame if all the cool cosmetic gear, mounts, pets, dyes etc that are ever added to ESO are sold through the Crown Store, leaving in-game rewards completely stale.

Also, as for specifics I'd like to NOT see:
    • Any way for players to outright purchase levels, crafting levels, or champion points.
    • Any way for players to increase their damage, armour, health or any similar gameplay statistic through the Crown Store.
    • Random lockboxes with exclusive items inside. They're fine as long as the items in the lockboxes are also available for standard purchase in the Crown Store.
    • Any changes to the core gameplay to make the Crown Store more attractive to players.
    • The Crown Store becoming a greater priority for the dev team than the game itself.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people so eager to see inventory/bank space in the cash shop?
    I mean, that is pretty much the perfekt example of why cash shop based games tend to turn into cash-grab games.
    Once inventory space is sold, it will quickly be one of their best sellers - after all, who can't use a bit more space?
    So there is an obvious and strong incentive to make our inventories fill up by introducing newthings to lugg around - so we are "encouraged" to buy evenmore space.

And before anyone points it out: yes, I am aware that for 1.6 they are even doing the opposite - emptying out our inventories in fact.
    But what do you all think will happen in 6 months? Or a year from now?
  • darbiirue
    darbiirue
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the others, I don't want to see:
    • Consumables that are better than what can be obtained in-game/crafted
    • XP Bonuses
    • Recipes
    • Stat-oriented armor/weapons
    • Anything that can give the upper hand in a PvP situation
    • Lockboxes (RNG-oriented objects like it)

What I would not mind seeing:
    • Costumes
    • Inventory adjustments (bank & bag space)
    • Permanent Player Housing / Tents
    • Mounts
    • Pets
    • Character Race Change
    • Character Name Change
    • Hairstyle & Accessory Packs (So this comes with a caveat - I think all current hairstyles and accessories should be available via a barber shop, but I would like to have more hairstyles and accessory choices, which could be purchasable, and permanently added to our barbershop options once purchased).
    @DarbiiRueRagna Hjaalfingar - Nord, WardenRiahni-Ko - Khajiit, Arcanist
  • Soulharvester
    Soulharvester
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone!

I just want to be able to buy a dog, prefer it to be a black Labrador, with a little grey around the mouth, not too aged, but big enough and wise enough to be a fit companion! Also to be able to name them would be nice if possible. Thanks :)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the pets currently only obtainable as promotional items.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acceptable: Lore appropriate fluff - Mounts, pets, costumes/horse armor (I would prefer to see opportunities to acquire horse armor via game play rather than micro transaction alone). Extra character slots.

Not Acceptable: Boosters; gear or consumables that exceed crafted quality; barbershop (sorry, but this should long have been introduced as a standard part of the game); unique quested rewards/dyes or other items that have required specific effort to obtain; recipes/style motifs; and, inventory space.

Note on housing: When and if it ever comes, housing/furnishings would be acceptable additions to the store, provided they are also a standard part of the game and obtainable without visiting the Crown Store.
    Edited by Anath_Q on January 22, 2015 12:36AM
    | GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morvul wrote: »
    Why are people so eager to see inventory/bank space in the cash shop?
    I mean, that is pretty much the perfekt example of why cash shop based games tend to turn into cash-grab games.
    Once inventory space is sold, it will quickly be one of their best sellers - after all, who can't use a bit more space?
    So there is an obvious and strong incentive to make our inventories fill up by introducing newthings to lugg around - so we are "encouraged" to buy evenmore space.

And before anyone points it out: yes, I am aware that for 1.6 they are even doing the opposite - emptying out our inventories in fact.
    But what do you all think will happen in 6 months? Or a year from now?
    That's actually exactly why I didn't list inventory/bank space in my post. You'll note that I didn't list it on either my list of things I think should be in the shop, or in my list of things I think shouldn't be in the shop. That's because part of me shares your exact concern, but part of me really likes the idea of being able to buy more space. So I'm firmly on the fence on that particular issue.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see tiered items based on level. A new player can't purchase the same cool stuff that someone that has been playing for a year.

Examples:

"You must be level XX to purchase this item."

OR

"Your horse must be level 45 or higher to wear this armor"

OR

"You need to be a level 10 mages guild member to purchase the meteor emote"
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think all the ideas I had were already mentioned, so all I have to add is that we had better be able to purchase all the unique(not obtainable by playing) items in the crown store with the complementary crowns we get from the plus membership.
    I don't mind the 2+ month delay in 1.6 to developed this much extra cosmetic content content, but we better be getting it for free(with complementary crowns)or you would have completely failed on your promises of getting updates out in ~6 week intervals.
  • kyrowski
    kyrowski
    ✭✭
    Pet skins - no change in ability / damage but maybe undead, animal, NPC, monster skins to go with the archetype you are trying to build.

Mercenary's - limited time or so many crowns an hour. Choice of several types to compliment your play style.

• Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone!

Champion system dude. You'll get champion points faster which will make you more powerful and more versatile than other players for the several thousand hours it required to max out the champion system.

This is true in other games where there is finite character progression at max level, but with the champ system, you can bump yourself ahead virtually permanently with champion points which will mean it's required to stay on the leader boards even if it's ultimately a ~%1 power progression advantage overall.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    All of the pets currently only obtainable as promotional items.

YES, X100.
    I have been contemplating buying the real world merchandise to get the in game pets only for a while.

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a lag-free, crash-free, high population version of Cyrodiil because it appears those of us in the PVP community will never receive that unless we pay for it. A functioning version of Cyrodiil was not included in my game purchase or monthly sub fees for some reason.
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    A dog.

That is already in the planned cash shop.
  • The_Doctor_ESO
    The_Doctor_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How about a magic ability to be able to dye shields, pommels and quivers to match our armor. Captain Obvious.