Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First Grand Warlord?

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AnteCoyote wrote: »
    People call Crystallized an AP farmer, and I have spotted them at a resource farm or two, but to their credit, I haven't caught them farming nearly as much as many of the other big EP guilds causing havoc out there. They actually do push and attack keeps quite a bit, and with plenty of allies that would split the AP as well. I think it's less about farming and more about playing a whole dang lot and being fairly decent as well.

edit: By the way, this is the title you get an achievement for killing, right? Finally.

I have said it multiple times and I will say it again. They get the job done in completing missions and getting massive amounts of AP. Hats off to them.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phaedrus wrote: »
    On EU we have Great-Dark-elf whom should hit Grand Warlord anyday now. 2nd in line is me who just reeched Warlord and below me is Iniation who just got general.

Thanks for answering. I knew there was someone over there really close. It's kind of odd there are three players that high ranked on EU and only one on NA, not sure why but interesting.

Most of those who were even with crystallized AP wise left the game a little ways back. Also most of the guilds that during the peak of pvp and ap farming aren't really around anymore. Just a few left from each of those guilds. Crystallized is pretty much the only one to keep a full group of players who can complete objectives and obtain obscene amounts of AP on a daily basis.

I used to be of those who had the uper average pvp rank.. now im 2nd highest in EU. We lost many players too. I belive pryda would have been 50 quite some time ago.. believe he was colonel grade two a month after the game came out, if even that.
    :]
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ReCreare wrote: »
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    I did the calculations last week, if Casuale, Metal Dimmu, fixate, or Nicole were still playing, they would all be Rank 48 (Overlord).

They came to DC, where all the most skilled players reside. :]

No they didn't. Casuale is playing WoW, Metal Dimmu is playing Dark Souls, fixate quit the game entirely, and Nicole is banned.

Lord Fixate is NOT fixate, he is an Emp farmer fraud.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭

You trying to start some beef, m80? I'm still wondering why Dyvith gave you leadership of Alacrity, wonder what shame you caused him to do that.

PS: Stop being salty that I took an AD buff server, what it turned into afterwards I had nothing to do with. #RememberHopesfire

Edited by FluffiestOne on December 31, 2014 11:17PM
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lotta sass in here

tumblr_n22jcjFRAJ1qb6e0eo1_400.gif
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You trying to start some beef, m80? I'm still wondering why Dyvith gave you leadership of Alacrity, wonder what shame you caused him to do that.

PS: Stop being salty that I took an AD buff server, what it turned into afterwards I had nothing to do with. #RememberHopesfire

Uncalled for. Trip is awesome, as is Dyv.
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I had the pleasure of running with Crystalized and his group the other day. It was amazing how they fearlessly and easily mowed down guilds and groups with much larger numbers.

They will be shocked when aoe caps get changed... they will need to play better when that happens.
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did the calculations last week, if Casuale, Metal Dimmu, fixate, or Nicole were still playing, they would all be Rank 48 (Overlord).
    How would you calculate this?

In the first weeks getting AP with vamp was far easier than it is now. Camp removal reduced the AP gain further.

kijima wrote: »
    So it is true.

Crystalized is the best AP farmer on the NA server.
    Or he just plays the most.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »

I thought 2 people were playing the account?
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nijjion wrote: »
    Sanct16 wrote: »

I thought 2 people were playing the account?

It really is just one guy. It's always been the same player, regardless of time of day, when I've spoken with him. Really nice guy, too.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is so back and forth. Congrats to crystalized, congrats to EU at making more AP than NA players. Congrats to everyone else for making it through 2014. Can we all hug it out now?
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DezIsDead wrote: »
    This thread is so back and forth. Congrats to crystalized, congrats to EU at making more AP than NA players. Congrats to everyone else for making it through 2014. Can we all hug it out now?

Actually looking at the scoreboard from this months TB and compareing it between NA and EU, NA players seem to have made more AP!
    :]
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    Don't worry . Two years from now the posts will arrive stating "I remember when Grand Warlord Title us to mean something!" .

N I'll still be wondering wat it means then :trollface:

This. At some point when half the people in pvp are ex-emperors and grand overlords, I'm curious what zos will do to make it not so ridiculous. Maybe a better system than just, they with the most points shall win?
    Edited by miahq on January 1, 2015 8:28PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AnteCoyote wrote: »
    People call Crystallized an AP farmer, and I have spotted them at a resource farm or two, but to their credit, I haven't caught them farming nearly as much as many of the other big EP guilds causing havoc out there. They actually do push and attack keeps quite a bit, and with plenty of allies that would split the AP as well. I think it's less about farming and more about playing a whole dang lot and being fairly decent as well.

edit: By the way, this is the title you get an achievement for killing, right? Finally.

grand warlord is an alliance rank obtained by much PvPing. killing is a large part of it, but not the core of it.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandmaster Pulse Monkey!
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »

Grow up
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats always like fighting your raids.
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭

Just because you aren't or never will be as good as crystalized doesn't mean you should degrade him. Also, stop saying THE SAME FREAKING THING on every thread, we all can read but we disregard it as you have no knowledge of the game or any sort of brain activity at all
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, it's you again.
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chesimac wrote: »

Just because you aren't or never will be as good as crystalized doesn't mean you should degrade him. Also, stop saying THE SAME FREAKING THING on every thread, we all can read but we disregard it as you have no knowledge of the game or any sort of brain activity at all

yes, I will never be as good as pulse chimps at lagging out the server on purpose, lol. That's truly skillful.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »

Also do you think ZOS will or should do anything special when the first person gets Grand Overlord?

Offer them a job, they clearly don't have one and their exp from playing would be valuable.

Is there a real world employment analogue of "fire ring, fire ring, streak, batswarm, fire ring"!?
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    KBKB wrote: »

Also do you think ZOS will or should do anything special when the first person gets Grand Overlord?

Offer them a job, they clearly don't have one and their exp from playing would be valuable.

Is there a real world employment analogue of "fire ring, fire ring, streak, batswarm, fire ring"!?

Senator?
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there an achievement for slaying a Grand Warlord? If so, Crystalized will become the most hunted player in Cyrodiil, even more so than Emperors!

Great, now the pvp dye exploiting will begin. (sarc)
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭

I'm not hugging some AD barbarian, they've probably got fleas... or those diseased dark elves, ugh.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    Its honestly a sham title. Heck even how emp is decided is a sham. AP should be used to buy gear and siege and that's all, it shouldn't count for a hoot otherwise.

The top players should be decided by K/d ratio with a set amount of kills required to make the leader board.

Some of the most skilled players in this game will never rank under the current system which really is a shame.

Hell just myself and 1 guildie together killed over 200 people the other night, about a 50-50 split in KB and you could count on 1 hand how many times we both died combined yet the current system doesn't reward smart skillful play, it don't even reward playing the objective and holding the map.

Most, NOT ALL, but most on the top of the leaderboards just hole up in resource towers, spam aoe and bats to rack up AP, its really a pointless system.

Look at guys like Sypher, your telling me those guys are better them him? That's just foolishness, its nonsense. Again, the current state needs to be changed, it doesn't reflect the best players accurately and they shouldn't be aesrding emp titles earned in such a manner. As much as I loathe COD at least your ranked by K/D not by how much exp or money you earn.

I think it should be more than just k/d. Maybe like tiered system with k/d first, then damage done/received, then healing done, then keeps defended, scrolls captured, keeps captured, Ect.

And each score would assign a point value to your overall score so someone who just healed a ton would still have a chance for example.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Its honestly a sham title. Heck even how emp is decided is a sham. AP should be used to buy gear and siege and that's all, it shouldn't count for a hoot otherwise.

The top players should be decided by K/d ratio with a set amount of kills required to make the leader board.

Some of the most skilled players in this game will never rank under the current system which really is a shame.

Hell just myself and 1 guildie together killed over 200 people the other night, about a 50-50 split in KB and you could count on 1 hand how many times we both died combined yet the current system doesn't reward smart skillful play, it don't even reward playing the objective and holding the map.

Most, NOT ALL, but most on the top of the leaderboards just hole up in resource towers, spam aoe and bats to rack up AP, its really a pointless system.

Look at guys like Sypher, your telling me those guys are better them him? That's just foolishness, its nonsense. Again, the current state needs to be changed, it doesn't reflect the best players accurately and they shouldn't be aesrding emp titles earned in such a manner. As much as I loathe COD at least your ranked by K/D not by how much exp or money you earn.

I think it should be more than just k/d. Maybe like tiered system with k/d first, then damage done/received, then healing done, then keeps defended, scrolls captured, keeps captured, Ect.

And each score would assign a point value to your overall score so someone who just healed a ton would still have a chance for example.

Regardless of how, I think most of us could at least agree it needs to change. I mean the whole point of pvp is AvA, but then they just use a system that depends entirely on ap farming and doesn't really encourage or frankly require even acknowledging the whole point is to take and hold keeps? Those two systems don't really go together.

And I'm not really sure what they intend to do a few years from now when half the pvp base are former emperors... I mean, I kind of takes some of the impact out of it. It doesn't really feel like they thought that out much, the long term sustainability I mean.

Someone should start a former emperors guild. See how long it takes to get to 500. Right now we're getting at most like 120-130 a year. And that's assuming they don't reduce the two 30 day campaigns down for a second time around...
    Edited by miahq on January 2, 2015 2:46AM
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    miahq wrote: »
    NordJitsu wrote: »

Regardless of how, I think most of us could at least agree it needs to change. I mean the whole point of pvp is AvA, but then they just use a system that depends entirely on ap farming and doesn't really encourage or frankly require even acknowledging the whole point is to take and hold keeps? Those two systems don't really go together.

And I'm not really sure what they intend to do a few years from now when half the pvp base are former emperors... I mean, I kind of takes some of the impact out of it. It doesn't really feel like they thought that out much, the long term sustainability I mean.

Someone should start a former emperors guild. See how long it takes to get to 500. Right now we're getting at most like 120-130 a year. And that's assuming they don't reduce the two 30 day campaigns down for a second time around...

I agree for sure. And I warned them repeatedly about this during beta.

Good thing is for me I don't really care too much and I can still log in and enjoy myself.

If they ever do release an Arena, perhaps we can get skill based leaderboards there.

Regardless, this is a big achievement that took a lot of work, so congrats to Crystalized.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it is true.

How much does this smell of jealousy!?! Even if you are right - it makes you look petty and jealous.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2a2053e6a9be5860107b66cab33f67c13b80d3dcdf1b6b3984463723c7dd8c2f.jpg

rip decibel
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    So it is true.

How much does this smell of jealousy!?! Even if you are right - it makes you look petty and jealous.

Can you point to where I said that there was anything wrong with being an AP farmer? And seeing how he is the 1st to achieve it, does that not automatically mean he is the best at farming?

As for the jealousy thing, believe it or not, Alliance Rank isn't a blip on my radar. I work, have children, a hot wife (Hell, you'd be jealous of me if you saw her as I'm punching well above my weight) and numerous other hobbies and toys outside of ESO.

I just cracked Major about a week ago with my main and I was stoked with that achievement, might not be an achievement to some around here, but to me it was pretty cool and I'm happy with that ;)

~ Your Sincerely,

Confused yet Content
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS