The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

3 Character deletes every 24 hours or per account life time?

Kaide
Kaide
✭✭✭
3 Character deletes every 24 hours or per account life time?

I deleted 3 characters. I'm 100% certain one of those deletes was over 24 hours ago. It still shows that I cannot delete any characters. Are the character deletes restored after 24 hours....or are they not restored?
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    after 24 hours you get 1 delete space back I think or all. Idk. But not per account life time. I deleted more than 3 characters and get my 3 spaces back each time.
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what the reset time is, but it's definitely not limited to three deletions per account for the life of your account.
    Heals With Stick, V11 Argonian Nightblade Healer, NA-EP
  • Kaide
    Kaide
    ✭✭✭
    What @dennischizophrenia‌ said. Every 24 hours, one deletion slot is restored, up to a maximum of three.

So it takes 72 hours to get all 3 deletes back? Does anyone else think thats a little insane? Can you contact customer service to have DELETE spots restored? I've never had to even think about this in an MMO.

• Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or, you could think about your choices before you start making characters, and not have to delete so much.

This is a security measure designed to stop botters and other people who prey on MMOs. It pretty much isn't going away.
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaide wrote: »

So it takes 72 hours to get all 3 deletes back? Does anyone else think thats a little insane? Can you contact customer service to have DELETE spots restored? I've never had to even think about this in an MMO.

Why do you need to delete so many characters at once?
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What @dennischizophrenia‌ said. Every 24 hours, one deletion slot is restored, up to a maximum of three.

Ever since this measure has been introduced, RMT-related activities have become practically zilch within the game, and continue to be. So yes, this was an insane stroke of genius on ZOS's part. :wink:
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on December 30, 2014 1:14PM
  • Kaide
    Kaide
    ✭✭✭

Why do I need to delete so many characters at once? First off deleting 3 characters is NOT a lot of characters. How many times have people in their life played games where they created a few characters....then deleted them and remade the new character because they messed up on the way they looked, their class, their name, etc... Deleting 3 characters is not a mind blowing concept. It happens all the time actually. And I dont consider deleting 3 characters way outside the box in my case. I actually think it is even more ridiculous in an MMORPG to not have the ability to delete your characters over and over to make new ones. I like many other people fill up slots with names we like to save and use later....now I have to wait in 72 hour cycles just to delete 3 of those names at a time to make new characters....this is the ONLY MMORPG that does this. You can claim its for security all you want...but not a single other MMORPG has ever done this that I know of.

Edited by Kaide on December 30, 2014 4:03PM
  • Kaide
    Kaide
    ✭✭✭
    And no one has answered my question yet....is it 1 delete restore every 24 hours....or do you get all 3 back within 24 hours? I really hope its not 24 hours per one delete restore. Thats 72 hour cycles for 3 delete restores.....
  • Kaide
    Kaide
    ✭✭✭
    Winnower wrote: »
    Or, you could think about your choices before you start making characters, and not have to delete so much.

This is a security measure designed to stop botters and other people who prey on MMOs. It pretty much isn't going away.

Yes lets all think long and hard about the character we are creating that might be a class we have never played before in our entire life....think long and hard into a future you've never experienced

Every time someone says "think long and hard now about the character you are creating"....I cant help but laugh. Considering that most of us are making these characters for the very first time. Until you get in the game and actually play the character you have no idea if you will enjoy it or not....and by enjoy it could be the appearance of the character, the class, the faction, the characters name...it could be a number of things. You wouldnt know this at the character creation screen.

Edited by Kaide on December 30, 2014 4:10PM
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do I need to delete so many characters at once? First off deleting 3 characters is NOT a lot of characters. How many times have people in their life played games where they created a few characters....then deleted them and remade the new character because they messed up on the way they looked, their class, their name, etc... Deleting 3 characters is not a mind blowing concept. It happens all the time actually. And I dont consider deleting 3 characters way outside the box in my case. I actually think it is even more ridiculous in an MMORPG to not have the ability to delete your characters over and over to make new ones. I like many other people fill up slots with names we like to save and use later....now I have to wait in 72 hour cycles just to delete 3 of those names at a time to make new characters....this is the ONLY MMORPG that does this. You can claim its for security all you want...but not a single other MMORPG has ever done this that I know of.

Dude, calm down. I was just asking a question.

And actually, no, I've never made three characters all within a day and then wanted to delete them later the same day. But that's just me. When I make a character I give it a very fair chance before I reroll it, so I'd not be deleting anything until at least level 35 or 40. Again, just me.

And I'm extremely careful about name/appearance and such. I double and triple check it because I have no desire to realize 20 levels in that I misspelled something and have to redo all that progress. And I've certainly never made three characters in a day, all with mistakes of some sort, and then felt the need to delete all three of them and make them again right away.

In this game more than most, I find few reasons to have a full "stable" of characters.
  • Kaide
    Kaide
    ✭✭✭

And actually, no, I've never made three characters all within a day and then wanted to delete them later the same day. But that's just me. When I make a character I give it a very fair chance before I reroll it, so I'd not be deleting anything until at least level 35 or 40. Again, just me.

And I'm extremely careful about name/appearance and such. I double and triple check it because I have no desire to realize 20 levels in that I misspelled something and have to redo all that progress. And I've certainly never made three characters in a day, all with mistakes of some sort, and then felt the need to delete all three of them and make them again right away.

In this game more than most, I find few reasons to have a full "stable" of characters.

Look bro...I'm glad you are perfect...and I hope you tell people in the interviews that you never make mistakes and are flawless because Im sure that will lead you to employment....BUT....for the rest of us simple human beings we make mistakes. For instance I rolled a Templar and hated it...so I wanted to make a Dragon Knight instead...WOOPS CANT DO IT FOR ANOTHER 24 HOURS!!!..Because Im waiting on a cool down reset. The other 3 times? Maybe I didnt see that I could change the height of the character, maybe I spelled the name wrong, maybe I forgot to change the faction....who cares....Im not perfect....only you and Jesus are.

• Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look bro...I'm glad you are perfect...and I hope you tell people in the interviews that you never make mistakes and are flawless because Im sure that will lead you to employment....BUT....for the rest of us simple human beings we make mistakes. For instance I rolled a Templar and hated it...so I wanted to make a Dragon Knight instead...WOOPS CANT DO IT FOR ANOTHER 24 HOURS!!!..Because Im waiting on a cool down reset. The other 3 times? Maybe I didnt see that I could change the height of the character, maybe I spelled the name wrong, maybe I forgot to change the faction....who cares....Im not perfect....only you and Jesus are.

Yeah, never said I was perfect. Nor implied it.

You're clearly going to take everything in some kind of inferred tone that doesn't exist, though, so carry on being full of rage. Have fun with that.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And no one has answered my question yet....is it 1 delete restore every 24 hours....or do you get all 3 back within 24 hours? I really hope its not 24 hours per one delete restore. Thats 72 hour cycles for 3 delete restores.....

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the few circumstances where we can actually say "working as intended" and not be trolling ...
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The delay after deletion is a trade-off. Everyone who played in the first months of the game before this was instituted can tell you how bad the bots and gold spammers were. Since the change, they are almost non-existent. You may not like it, but it is MUCH better than the botter situation before.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Kaide
    Kaide
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    The delay after deletion is a trade-off. Everyone who played in the first months of the game before this was instituted can tell you how bad the bots and gold spammers were. Since the change, they are almost non-existent. You may not like it, but it is MUCH better than the botter situation before.

I understand the trade off...but I also think legit players should be able to contact customer service for delete restores on rare occasions
  • justsammich
    justsammich
    Soul Shriven

Some people like to experiment with characters/roles/alliances before they decide what they want.
    Am I the only one that gives my characters background stories?
  • okjdb16_ESO
    okjdb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    of course, you could use the PTS for character experimentation . . . . . . .
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

The good old days where armies of bots camped everything you wanted. I think I'll miss dn37ijen83 the most.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people like to experiment with characters/roles/alliances before they decide what they want.

C'mon, really?

Everybody starts with 8, and you can immediately delete 3. That's 11 trial-and-errors before you get stuck, and if anyone uses them all up at once, they kinda deserve to be locked out so they learn to slow down and pay attention.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.