Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did the patch fix the lag?

babanovac
babanovac
✭✭✭
This goes out to our NA brothers who got a chance to try the new patch. Did it fix the lag?
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Not quite as bad in some situations but still very present.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »

Well if it's improving even a little that's a good sign. Better than nothing.
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • babanovac
    babanovac
    ✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »

It's not like i had my hopes too high, but it's still disappointing..
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    In short, no. Not at all for me. One of the patches along the way really screwed something up for me and nothing they have done since has alleviated it.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do have sound effects with the lag though. Every time you try to do an action that the jammed up server can't process you get to hear a "beep". Unfortunately for ZOS all this does is increase the angst that people have with PVP.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's still bad, even in PvE. I was questing last night and I had a few moments of extreme latency especially when swapping weapons....The patch seems to have actually made things worse with the wonderful warning sound now going off constantly. I actually preferred the constant "clanking" shadow barrier.
    :trollin:
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still bad, even in PvE. I was questing last night and I had a few moments of extreme latency especially when swapping weapons....The patch seems to have actually made things worse with the wonderful warning sound now going off constantly. I actually preferred the constant "clanking" shadow barrier.

It might get better on the 2nd day. i'm going to go home and reset my fridge and see if that helps.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi folks, thanks for the responses. The sound effect some of you mentioned in this thread is not intentional and will be removed in the near future.

We are eager to hear if 1.5.6 resulted in any improvements to lag, ability responsiveness, crashes, and/or freezing you were encountering in Cyrodiil. Please let us know, and provide as many details as possible.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on November 25, 2014 3:09PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaJaLuka wrote: »
    In short, no. Not at all for me. One of the patches along the way really screwed something up for me and nothing they have done since has alleviated it.

Was probably 1.2.3...
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks, thanks for the responses. The sound effect some of you mentioned in this thread is not intentional and will be removed in the near future.

We are eager to hear if 1.5.6 resulted in any improvements to lag, ability responsiveness, crashes, and/or freezing you were encountering in Cyrodiil. Please let us know?

Lag - Still horrible and I don't play in NA primetime (Oceanic)
    Ability responsiveness - Seemed slightly better (including weapon switches)
    Crashes - Had my first crash in quite a while tonight (Other people crashed at the same time also, when a breach opened up at Alessia)
    Freezing - Didn't notice any freezes tonight (I usually get these every 10-15 minutes)
    Edited by SienneYviete on November 25, 2014 3:12PM
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am now getting frozen controls and then kicked out to log in screen several times during a play session. On a couple of occasions I have had to reboot.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My character controls froze several times last night, requiring /reloadui to correct.

Multiple instances of lag and latency, especially bad around the big sieges that happened during the NA primetime period.

At least one crash to desktop happened during the big siege I was referring to.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night i crashed to the login screen repeatedly. I'm used to the client getting tepid over time or outright crashing to desktop, but this is new ! no message rate limit, just login screen.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We are eager to hear if 1.5.6 resulted in any improvements to lag, ability responsiveness, crashes, and/or freezing you were encountering in Cyrodiil. Please let us know, and provide as many details as possible.
    No, it is not fixed. That being said there was extreme lag only once lastnight on Thorneblade NA. I think there was an improvement. Again though NOT completely fixed.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all those bugs, crashes and lags were, lets say...in Dragonstar arena, there would be hotfix in next day. But for Cyrodiil issues, to get fixed, need to wait for a long time, and when they fix old problem, new bug is at doorsteps.
    Edited by Lettigall on November 25, 2014 3:49PM
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭

Still lag, but not a wide range like before.

Early at south of Arrius Keep (Thornblade / NA). When I just arrived there, it didn't lag. Then 3 minutes later. DC got the scroll, the lag began until I went near the farm of Chalman Keep.

When I was in the lag, it was very difficult to use skill. I could move but was pull back several times. I didn't know who knock me down that made me move by sliding. That's very funny. :D

After that event. I post this. Maybe you can get the right time of occurrence.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1396138/#Comment_1396138

I hope those information will help.
    Edited by EIGHTS on November 25, 2014 4:37PM
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Other than the sound issues (which I fixed in the most part by temporarily disabling interface sounds), the server response to ability activation and weapon swapping has never been that great.

I never had so much fun during intense battles as last night. Even during huge fights, abilities and weapon swap remained very responsive.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by frozywozy on November 25, 2014 4:25PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for all the comments, everyone. To clarify, the 1.5.6 tweaks to game performance in Cyrodiil are part of an ongoing effort that we're dedicated to continuing.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the comments, everyone. To clarify, the 1.5.6 tweaks to game performance in Cyrodiil are part of an ongoing effort that we're dedicated to continuing.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ was this supposed to effect non Cyrodiil PvE, because last night doing quests in Reapers March I experienced some of the worst latency I have in a while doing PvE, especially while weapon swapping.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ was this supposed to effect non Cyrodiil PvE, because last night doing quests in Reapers March I experienced some of the worst latency I have in a while doing PvE, especially while weapon swapping.

If this happens try turn hood toggle on and off in your settings it was reported to fix the problem - presumably because you are letting your head cool off by taking off your hat.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday evening (7:30-7:45 pst) when AD, EP, and DC were all fighting over DC's scroll at Arrius there was a pretty significant amount of lag. While it wasn't as bad as before the patch, skills were delayed and/or did not work even when fighting away from the keep.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lagged out and got disconnected for the first time in close to 2 months, yesterday.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also PLEASE fix these endless loading screens after patches, i've alt f4'd twice and waited 10 minutes and I'm still here staring at it.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »
    Also PLEASE fix these endless loading screens after patches, i've alt f4'd twice and waited 10 minutes and I'm still here staring at it.

I also had at least one endless load, requiring an ALT+F4.

There's also the super long initial transit load after returning from a crash and logging back into Cyrodiil.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Brynmere
    Brynmere
    ✭✭
    Lag is there in big battles, but it's better. What's most noticeable is the fact that I can weapon switch, even when the fps/ping drops.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slightly better in large fights. no crashes for me.
  • Lfehova
    Lfehova
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

No, it is not fixed. That being said there was extreme lag only once lastnight on Thorneblade NA. I think there was an improvement. Again though NOT completely fixed.

No noticeable improvement in performance at all.

The only reason there was only one extreme lag was AD did not continuously go after their scroll at kingscrest and they stopped after they failed at arrius that one time lag.

Whatever the fix was, it didn't work. Please keep trying ZoS!
    Characters: Hovaling/Lfehova/Hova-kun/Hovalicious
    Class: DK/DK/Sorc/Templar
    Guild: No Mercy
    Alliance: Daggerfall

Characters after rename: BROVALING/Baka-kun/Brovalicious (Lfehova is now a retired DK and spends his days crafting)
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Would a second MEGAserver do the trick?
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »

I also had at least one endless load, requiring an ALT+F4.

There's also the super long initial transit load after returning from a crash and logging back into Cyrodiil.
    That 'endless' loading screen you get after patching is most likely the game rebuilding its shader cache.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If this happens try turn hood toggle on and off in your settings it was reported to fix the problem - presumably because you are letting your head cool off by taking off your hat.
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not. What does my hood have to do with my weapons?