The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FREE EMPEROR!!! for the first 50k AP gained on HADERUS

• Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be best for everyone if the AD guild in question came out and apologized, so we could all forget the incident and get back to the daily business of mass cuddling each other. Their denials only made them look worse.

It's not like they made their goal a secret before. When I started getting whispers from them asking me to leave Haderus on the day I became Emperor, one was very clear about what they were trying to achieve: "We don't really care if one of us is Emperor in this campaign, we just want to get Former Emperor for all of our members..." This is practically verbatim.

On a related note, some EP regulars have disappointed me as well. Right before the joint DC/EP push on Roe last week when I was almost dethroned, EP's top player dropped the campaign so his top two buddy could become Emperor. This alone is cheesy, but the cheese did not stop there. I am told that the top two buddy has since whispered multiple AD players asking them if they could make AD back off so EP would take the ring, and crown him.

People are weak, and Emperor farming/trading in one form or another will continue until ZOS changes Emperor buffs to only apply to the current Emperor. Remove the skill line from Former Emperors, and there'll be no incentive to farm/trade.
    Edited by Cuddler on November 24, 2014 8:02AM
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cuddler wrote: »
    Remove the skill line from Former Emperors, and there'll be no incentive to farm/trade.
    This is the only sensible solution to the problem which was a good idea in theory but turned out to not work when introduced to human beings.

Options
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be best for everyone if the AD guild in question came out and apologized, so we could all forget the incident and get back to the daily business of mass cuddling each other. Their denials only made them look worse.

It's not like they made their goal a secret before. When I started getting whispers from them asking me to leave Haderus on the day I became Emperor, one was very clear about what they were trying to achieve: "We don't really care if one of us is Emperor in this campaign, we just want to get Former Emperor for all of our members..." This is practically verbatim.

On a related note, some EP regulars have disappointed me as well. Right before the joint DC/EP push on Roe last week when I was almost dethroned, EP's top player dropped the campaign so his top two buddy could become Emperor. This alone is cheesy, but the cheese did not stop there. I am told that the top two buddy has since whispered multiple AD players asking them if they could make AD back off so EP would take the ring, and crown him.

People are weak, and Emperor farming/trading in one form or another will continue until ZOS changes Emperor buffs to only apply to the current Emperor. Remove the skill line from Former Emperors, and there'll be no incentive to farm/trade.

The event in question regarding last week's attempted dethroning only happened because Tyago stipulated he would bow out if someone could legitimately match him. That and his time available to commit to pvp is becoming steadily limited to various reasons. Even so he is able to rake it in due to his ability to snuff enemies quickly. The player who came closest has been working his butt off to prove himself. If any of EP are whispering AD to ease of....for *** sake, you guys have hogged the map for 3 MONTHS. It's one thing to put up a fight and another to roll over, but because buffs are still linked for non-Cyro PVE, we still got namby pambys swarming in from their AA's and DSA's once they begin losing buffs. Not only that we were told that additional forces were called in to 'keep us from ever taking emp again". It's alot going on, alot of contradictions. There was the one person who didn't want EP to take the ring at all, much less a resource, then there were people messaging previous (and long-reigning) emps asking them to bow out early.

If EP takes the ring I want it to be-and it should be- because we fought damn hard for it. We usually lose it quickly but that's because by the time we take the last two keeps that's when all the buff babies come swarming in once they've lost their scrolls and crit bonuses. AD just has so many numbers. EP has strong players but not enough to keep hold of the ring even for a day. I think the longest reigning emp so far was 10 hours straight, and that was during a downtime when most people on both sides were asleep.

Like I said we're not asking you to give us the ring, nor should you, but AD got itself into this mess and they don't seem inclined to get out of it any time soon.
    Options
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    If EP takes the ring I want it to be-and it should be- because we fought damn hard for it.

I hope that is how it'll always be. While underhand agreements between factions to back off and trade Emperor make for some fun drama, they ultimately ruin the experience for everybody.

As for the emperorless mess, I for one quite like it, it may attract more EP and DC players to Haderus.
    Edited by Cuddler on November 24, 2014 8:39AM
    Options
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty easy to tell who was a real former emp and who wasn't. You can spot a buff server rank 20 pin cushion from a mile away.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to tell who was a real former emp and who wasn't. You can spot a buff server rank 20 pin cushion from a mile away.

Be careful with that logic though, because there are former emps of the non vet campaign, which I assure you is actually harder to crown on than a regular one due to every player being far weaker than a vet level is. PvDoor there is actually a thing, like it is actually difficult to do. Put even a few defenders inside, and you will not take the objective.

Low rank =/= low skill or effort.
    Edited by Rylana on November 24, 2014 8:51AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the ring doesn't change the next in line will be crowned after the next downtime or 48 hours.

So their plan might work, with time.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    If the ring doesn't change the next in line will be crowned after the next downtime or 48 hours.

Nope, this doesn't work anymore. You need to think of the ring as if there is an Emperor. It won't reset until every keep in the ring is not yellow, after than AD can take the ring again and crown a new Emperor.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I can confirm that this was NOT the case on Blackwater Blade NA about a month ago.

Theyve changed it again. The guy on top of red after a campaign reset, two maintenance windows and accruing well over 50k AP did not crown, despite the ring being completely red for the entire week.

It was only when yellow came along and crowned their own emp that it seemed to "release"
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hughezy wrote: »

I think kijima should be pretty damn afraid, I was fighting you yesterday and you are like a brick wall.

Nah, not afraid. Enjoy it really.

Galalin loves tripots, his favorite colour is red and he loves being feared, soul assaulted, shades and soul harvest.

He also likes cookies. :cookie:

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • Thorancal
    Thorancal
    I had all kinds of requests the day it looked like I was getting emperor and even more afterwards. I did get a lot of cross realms congratulations too (including from Ty). The desire to become emperor makes people go crazy. The play time it required was insane. I had to take my wife to dinner to make up for neglecting her for a week. LOL

I do find this situation hilarious but I'm ready to move on and have some real PVP again.

There are a lot of people that I enjoy running in to and I know are going to be a good fight. I often wonder what people think when they see me. "Free kill!" perhaps? haha.

Thoranight
    Edited by Thorancal on November 24, 2014 2:43PM
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorancal wrote: »
    I had all kinds of requests the day it looked like I was getting emperor and even more afterwards. I did get a lot of cross realms congratulations too (including from Ty). The desire to become emperor makes people go crazy. The play time it required was insane. I had to take my wife to dinner to make up for neglecting her for a week. LOL

I do find this situation hilarious but I'm ready to move on and have some real PVP again.

There are a lot of people that I enjoy running in to and I know are going to be a good fight. I often wonder what people think when they see me. "Free kill!" perhaps? haha.

Thoranight

Ya know, it puzzles me some why people chase it so much. I could have been emp 2 or 3 times since launch on an AD toon, but I tend to guest rather than home, or end up playing more than one toon on a campaign. I know back on dawnbreaker had I just played the one char Id likely be former emp on one of them.

When I got emp on my EP toon, it was fun for a while, but I got bored of it really fast, and sadly I know that toon will never be that powerful ever again. I sometimes forget that toon ever was an emp, because I barely see a difference from the former passives.

Former passives are completely overrated, IMO. If an opportunity that isnt going to cost me a week of my life playing constantly presents itself I may try for it on my main (AD DK) but honestly it doesnt make or break the game for me.

Why people will become mortal enemies and raise huge dramafests amongst even their own guildies and factionmates is completely beyond me. Its toxic to the game. And while I would be pretty mad if my accomplishment was taken away from me, I wouldnt notice a difference if one day my former emp buffs were gone.
    Options
  • Thorancal
    Thorancal
    Rylana wrote: »

Thoranight

Ya know, it puzzles me some why people chase it so much. I could have been emp 2 or 3 times since launch on an AD toon, but I tend to guest rather than home, or end up playing more than one toon on a campaign. I know back on dawnbreaker had I just played the one char Id likely be former emp on one of them.

When I got emp on my EP toon, it was fun for a while, but I got bored of it really fast, and sadly I know that toon will never be that powerful ever again. I sometimes forget that toon ever was an emp, because I barely see a difference from the former passives.

Former passives are completely overrated, IMO. If an opportunity that isnt going to cost me a week of my life playing constantly presents itself I may try for it on my main (AD DK) but honestly it doesnt make or break the game for me.

Why people will become mortal enemies and raise huge dramafests amongst even their own guildies and factionmates is completely beyond me. Its toxic to the game. And while I would be pretty mad if my accomplishment was taken away from me, I wouldnt notice a difference if one day my former emp buffs were gone.

I hold no grudges against anyone on any faction. Ty sent me congratulations when I got emperor, which I appreciated, but if we see each other on the battle field we still fight. I agree - drama isn't healthy to the campaign.

ZOS can only do so much to encourage good, healthy PVP. The rest is up to us.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Thoranight

I hold no grudges against anyone on any faction. Ty sent me congratulations when I got emperor, which I appreciated, but if we see each other on the battle field we still fight. I agree - drama isn't healthy to the campaign.

ZOS can only do so much to encourage good, healthy PVP. The rest is up to us.

I have a bad rep for trashtalking (guilty) but I dont do it to be an ass (usually). I do it to get people to COME FITE ME IRL.

Some hold grudges, but I respect most people I play with and against. Theres a few bad apples out there that I will never respect because of the way they carry themselves and act, but youre right, drama is toxic, whether its your own team or the OPFOR, because if you *** off OPFOR they will just go fight someone else and not feed you sweet sweet AP or good battles.
    Options
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    I love how all you SUPER players trying to decide fate on Haderus, neglecting all those guildless pugs , despite that they are actually spend everyday fighting very organized EP group. Yesterday all talk on chat was that EP WILL take EMP and will Tyago takes title or will he pass to Bravebud, however we defended Roe, when EP was closing circle without you self entitled with your OP build people.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    diskiukas wrote: »
    I love how all you SUPER players trying to decide fate on Haderus, neglecting all those guildless pugs , despite that they are actually spend everyday fighting very organized EP group. Yesterday all talk on chat was that EP WILL take EMP and will Tyago takes title or will he pass to Bravebud, however we defended Roe, when EP was closing circle without you self entitled with your OP build people.

Good for you? Being a "guildless pug" is a choice, not a necessity. If you choose to play that way, by all means do so, but dont attempt to be taken seriously by those of us that do not and move mountains while you move a dirt clod.
    Edited by Rylana on November 24, 2014 3:17PM
    Options
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    Missed point much? You need those pugs to move mountains.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    diskiukas wrote: »
    Missed point much? You need those pugs to move mountains.

Really? I seem to recall invading Chillrend with about 12-15 people and taking half of the map a couple weeks ago before the blues literally zergballed us out.

Note that we did have resistance ranging from 2 - 10, all on defense, all the way til we were stopped with 40-50 or so at Fort Ash.

Youd be pretty amazed at what an organized, voice commed, group can accomplish in a short amount of time. Meanwhile I have watched splintered, thrown together groups of mixed levels and experience get exactly nowhere with five times the numbers (and just get farmed by an organized group in the process).

See it pretty much every day on Thornblade at Alessia/Sejanus.

Nine times out of ten, no nineteen times out of twenty, the success or failure of a keep take/open field battle is decided by an organized group amidst the chaos.
    Edited by Rylana on November 24, 2014 3:39PM
    Options
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing this game since release, I do know difference with organized , with TS group and not, I am in one of those guilds on DC side, however without numbers you not going to move mountains, yes you can get some success , but eventually , as you stated yourself, you will be zerged out.
    Options
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think leaderboards reset until the afternoon, and even then there's like a 30 minute 'dead time' where AP does not count to leaderboards. I'm gonna end up missing everything because of work I betcha. I tell people either something awesome happens while I'm at work/asleep or something terrible happens.

Also effing patch.....
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's a lot of people that are going to do what they can to prevent a certain DK from getting 1.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am patching atm but apparently we had it wrong. We have a new AD DK emp now according to guildmates
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    I am patching atm but apparently we had it wrong. We have a new AD DK emp now according to guildmates

So the emperor traders win. :(
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just everyone please report the issue of emp trading and how this was done with server resets/abdicating so ZOS can prevent this from happening ever again.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digital lynch mobs are the best kinds of lynch mobs as they let one have all the fun of waving pitchforks, and torches without getting away from the comfort of one's computer couch (or bed if you're slightly larger than the stereotypical MMO player)) and cheetos bucket.

mmmm, cheetos.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
    Options
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »
    Just everyone please report the issue of emp trading and how this was done with server resets/abdicating so ZOS can prevent this from happening ever again.

I seriously doubt they'll do anything in regards to it. The plague of emp trading on season one camps as well as Celarus went unabated, and Zeni awarded emp to those who 'didn't properly receive their passives". They either don't care or have bigger things on their plate, and even though they said they 'frown' upon it all they end up doing is writing a 'very angry letter'.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on November 24, 2014 8:44PM
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people I've talked to won't defend until he's dethroned, so it shouldn't be too hard to take.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off to work... very curious to see how tonight plays out, could be interesting or atleast i hope
    Options
  • ZOS_ShannonM
    ZOS_ShannonM
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Folks,
    We have removed multiple comments from this thread for naming and shaming as well as flaming. We understand that this is a heated topic, but we ask that you refrain from naming or shaming any players. We encourage you to report a player in game or on the forums if you feel like they are violating any of our rules. We ask that you please review our Code of Conduct before posting. Thank you for understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on November 24, 2014 9:23PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The event in question regarding last week's attempted dethroning only happened because Tyago stipulated he would bow out if someone could legitimately match him. That and his time available to commit to pvp is becoming steadily limited to various reasons. Even so he is able to rake it in due to his ability to snuff enemies quickly. The player who came closest has been working his butt off to prove himself. If any of EP are whispering AD to ease of....for *** sake, you guys have hogged the map for 3 MONTHS. It's one thing to put up a fight and another to roll over, but because buffs are still linked for non-Cyro PVE, we still got namby pambys swarming in from their AA's and DSA's once they begin losing buffs. Not only that we were told that additional forces were called in to 'keep us from ever taking emp again". It's alot going on, alot of contradictions. There was the one person who didn't want EP to take the ring at all, much less a resource, then there were people messaging previous (and long-reigning) emps asking them to bow out early.

If EP takes the ring I want it to be-and it should be- because we fought damn hard for it. We usually lose it quickly but that's because by the time we take the last two keeps that's when all the buff babies come swarming in once they've lost their scrolls and crit bonuses. AD just has so many numbers. EP has strong players but not enough to keep hold of the ring even for a day. I think the longest reigning emp so far was 10 hours straight, and that was during a downtime when most people on both sides were asleep.

Like I said we're not asking you to give us the ring, nor should you, but AD got itself into this mess and they don't seem inclined to get out of it any time soon.
    Lol tyago having someone legitimately catch him? I already did that for the first 5 days of a campaign 4 weeks ago and he was fed up with himself that he started stealing ticks from his group and started blaming people of leeching "his" AP and spying on him when he was actually following us. I was 100k ahead of him b4 i took a break for real life. I was playing about half the time as tyago and still earning more AP than him so as far as his claim of someone actually matching him it seems like all he really wanted to do was let someone pass him so they could get emp.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options