The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

new classes needed!!!! just some ideas :)

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Wasn't in fact the Warden class modified into the Templar, I Wonder?

Can't decide if you're stating a fact or postulating a wild theory? :P

Numerous articles - which you can still find online - listed known classes including both Templars and Wardens. It is as I said. Both existed concurrently as separate classes with completely different themes but Wardens were dropped pre launch.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ok
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    GnatB wrote: »
    They don't need more classes, they need less. 3 less, to be specific.

But I'm definitely open to new skill lines. (spellcrafting will hopefully take care of all the magic needed for whatever mage type class you want,)

As someone who has played all the classes, i will say you are completely and utterly wrong. Each class has it's own feel, and I like them all.

Exactly what am I wrong about? I never said anything about the one remaining "class" only having a single (current) classes set of skills. Same skill lines, no class restrictions. All the skill lines available to every character. (maybe unlocked via quests or whatever, but still there) Different characters with radically different builds would still feel different. And feel free to mix/match to make even MORE differences than 4. My priest/siphon NB feels different than my stamina/dual wield nightblade. My bow sorc feels much different than my spellcasting sorc.

And yes, my 2hs Templar and S&B DK feel quite different as well.

But you know what? I'm sure my stealth and ambush summoner would have been awesome, except daedric summoning is sorc, and ambush is NB. So I can't make him. Just like I can't yet make my Necro, because summoning pets is Sorc, and Syphon is NB.
    Achievements Suck
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I propose imperial star destroyer.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden - light armour/staff healer/buffer class (i.e. With ability to cast Shield spells, etc).
    Hunter - medium armour/bow class, among other Things With possibility to tame animals.
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭
    please no new classes. I don't want to grind anymore than I already have to.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more classes please, I want skill lines and complimenting quest lines for:

Necromancer
    Sword Saint
    Bard
    Companion
    Thieves Guild
    Morag Tong
    Wyrd
    Daggerfall Daggers
    Dragonguard
    Thalmor
    Eyes of the Queen
    Dark Brotherhood
    College of Winterhold
    Aedra Worship
    Daedra Worship
    etc.

I hope there are no more classes though.
  • orangeberry4
    orangeberry4
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to make a elementalist, wood mage and a necro or maybe someone that controls spirits and more skill lines but seeing as no one wants to start all over again of course no one wants a new class. Idk and sure yea the more quests the better. Even illusion magic isent in eso, they had the skill tree in skyrim.

And illusion mage would be cool.
  • Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    we need new skill lines not classes
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.
  • badmojo0777b14_ESO
    badmojo0777b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    dont need new classes , just more SKILL Lines to build on. for example im dying for a necromancy skill line :D
  • chaseman245
    chaseman245
    ✭✭✭
    We need one more class!
    Humans are attracted to symmetry, thus we need a class. I will explain.

So far we have DKs and Sorcs which are fire and lightning based. Throught Elder Scrolls there have been 3 main elements: Fire, Lightning and Frost. Therefore we are missing a class based on frost.

As far as the details of the class, i do not know. A necromancer, as posted earlier, could work if coupled with frost spells.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Warden - light armour/staff healer/buffer class (i.e. With ability to cast Shield spells, etc).
    Hunter - medium armour/bow class, among other Things With possibility to tame animals.

Kinda comes down to the Druid and Ranger classes in D&D/Pathfinder. They are related classes in many ways but also different in many others.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ranger:

- Camouflage (not shadow, but blend in with enviroment. Like visible when moving, invisible when standing still)

- camps: can make a small campfire with tent. Health+stam regeneration

- Tracking: can track creatures. With a morph possible to track players (for revenge)

- Bow affinity. +30 damage and +25 m range

- Extra stamina + extra stamina regeneration

- Can use one-handed with no shield and spears

- extra speed then normal players when walking/sprinting

- can dig a hole in the ground

-foraging skill, can find food in the wild or ingredients for food

- can fish everywhere in water and not only specified spots. Can catch fish he can roast and eat

- Skill: Finger of death. Point at an enemy player and he dies
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Louis wrote: »
    we need new skill lines not classes

Actually we need both. We need a few more classes to help fulfil the play as you like promise.

The Warden Class that got removed during Beta would have been good, so bring that one back.
    The Wyrds in the game seem to be a good take of Druid/Ranger style play, so they could be added.
    And I would like something along the lines of a stealth/ranged combat class.

As for skill lines, there are all sorts we want added, in fact too many, if they added all of them, the classes would become useless, and we would just use non-class skills.

That said I would like to see Unarmed line, maybe spears/halbards, and a few others.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule