The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Keeps need to have more health on walls

Malveria
Malveria
✭✭✭✭
No keep should be capable of being capped in less than the time it takes to run from the nearest possible port. If you don't have the nearest port then fine. But if you have literally the next closest port, a keep should not be claimed faster than you can run from the nearest location.

Brindle, Drakelowe and Dragonclaw cannot be saved with 20/20 siege if you're running from the closest possible port (outposts).

All keeps should be fights. And should be hard fight.

Increase wall health of keeps please.
Venatus
  • Fillem_Fulla
    Fillem_Fulla
    ✭✭
    Maybe they should change it so a keep only loses transit if resources are gone and transit mages have been killed. This may mean a redesign of keeps abit. But could make for an intersting strat. Or adding a keep lord that has to be slain

Bring on pvpve
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about if the transit was outside the inner and sieges had to kill the mages and their guards ^^ to capture the transit point.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on October 30, 2014 12:30PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or you could put camps in your keeps like the rest of us. Those keeps are ment to be like that, they control the flanks of the map, utilize them.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively, one keep wall segment should only take damage from X pieces of siege at once (effectively limiting the DPS a wall can take). This would serve the same purpose (delay keep capture) while not punishing small groups of players trying to take a keep (which simple increase of wall HP would do)
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could put camps in your keeps like the rest of us. Those keeps are ment to be like that, they control the flanks of the map, utilize them.

Camps in keeps is a broken mechanic imo you should only be able to res there if you die in the radius of the camp not teleport half way across the map using it. Also 1 person can place a camp and keep it up for 20 to spawn in regardless of opposition this is stupid you should be able to choke a keep of resources with a long attack with reinforcements from other keeps needing to travel there on horses.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well placing camps doesn't help as most of the time only the keep without a camp in it gets attacked (spies?). And you can't place camps in all keeps, because of the overall limitation on how many camps a faction can have on the map.

If the attacker sieges inner and outer at the same time, it is indeed impossible to get to the keep before it gets flipped, assuming you start traveling as soon as the keep is "under attack".
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove AoE caps, remove FWCs, and increase wall HP 250%. Cyrodiil fixed.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

pretty much agree with this 100%
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morvul wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌
    pretty much agree with this 100%
    Agreed, except: Have a visible indicator for a keep being attacked before transit/spawn is blocked.

EDIT: Also, allow attackers to respawn at farm as long as they hold all three resources (without blood-porting possible, of course). Otherwise the advantage of fighting from keep walls is too much - you get a majority of players sitting around in keeps, waiting for the almighty Dee Tick to arrive.
    Edited by Keron on October 29, 2014 1:51PM
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they need to rework the siege engines personally. Make them harder to acquire or something. I want it to be a fearsome sight when a Treb is finally put up.
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just make inner keeps doors immune until outter walls are breached
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

add in a fix to block and spam and I will 100% agree with this
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

What about a block of spam?

spam_can_open.jpg
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when good raid leaders that had spare people used to rotate scouts in every keep.

They wanted to win the campaign, and they did a killer job of utilizing the tools at hand.

with all the stuff on the forums crying from people willing to utilize the tools given to them it just becomes an unreadable blob of "ITTTTSSSS TOOOOOOO HARDDDDDD"

• Malveria
    Malveria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    I remember when good raid leaders that had spare people used to rotate scouts in every keep.

They wanted to win the campaign, and they did a killer job of utilizing the tools at hand.

with all the stuff on the forums crying from people willing to utilize the tools given to them it just becomes an unreadable blob of "ITTTTSSSS TOOOOOOO HARDDDDDD"

We do have rotating guards on core keeps, and people idling on them. But my comment is more in regards to the speed with which a keep can be flagged (and have port disabled), and the fact that you can't run to them in time.

It makes the whole 'blood porting' thing essential because you literally can't run to the keep in time to save it.
    Venatus
  • jkirchner71ub17_ESO2
    Yes a good group using the right siege can capture a keep in less than 3 minutes from the time it flags doing 50/50. Something has to change for sure in terms of keep wall health and keep mechanics. But if keeps do become harder to capture then we have the issue of massive numbers of players converging on a keep that has been under siege for a while and we all know how well this game performs when we have EPIC siege warfare. I think the NPCs are about the only ones enjoying a lag free gaming experience, well that and swarms of bats who don't lag like the rest of us do. But the OP is dead on something needs to be adjusted.
    MAIN
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Torroch, VR14 Orc DK Rank 22, Officer in Maelstrom
    Once again looking for an organized PvP guild to join - viva la Venatus

NON-PvP Alts
    Ebonheart Pact
    Torach, VR12 Orc Sorcerer, GM House of the Tamriel Ten
    Torrach, VR8 Orc Templar, House of the Tamriel Ten (older brother of Torach)
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want keep walls to be stroker so I can use my op battering ram methods.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

What about a block of spam?

spam_can_open.jpg

never even heard of that... lol
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want keep walls to be stroker so I can use my op battering ram methods.

no. you want to knock keeps down with impulse
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »

TKO still does that. I am a scout on my NB most times I play that char. Boring as hell, but if just a prep-group shows up, its a good d-tick for me.

The age of camps destroyed map strategy wholesale though, I agree.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin