The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shield Stacking needs to go away. Period.

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades indeed get decent heals, but most of their burst heal are relying upon killing ennemies and their healing over time abilities are based on the damage done by those skills.

I'm curious. Is that true?

I know the builder and in-game descriptions say that but it doesn't seem that way when playing. It seems like casting strife / funnel health applies a dot to the target and a separate hot to you / allies - which doesn't go away and keeps healing even after the dot target is dead. But I haven't downloaded any of those number catching mods so can't be sure.

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Nightblades indeed get decent heals, but most of their burst heal are relying upon killing ennemies and their healing over time abilities are based on the damage done by those skills.

I know the builder and in-game descriptions say that but it doesn't seem that way when playing. It seems like casting strife / funnel health applies a dot to the target and a separate hot to you / allies - which doesn't go away and keeps healing even after the dot target is dead. But I haven't downloaded any of those number catching mods so can't be sure.

Strife hits the target once, as direct damage, and applies a HoT to you for 25% of the damage it dealt. The HoT lasts 10 seconds regardless if you have a target or not.

Strife does not apply a DoT, it's just a single hit against the enemy.

FTC displays a debuff on the target you used it against while the effect is active on you for some reason, so if you're running that addon, it could easily be confused for some kind of DoT effect.

Hope that helps. : )
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

Strife hits the target once, as direct damage, and applies a HoT to you for 25% of the damage it dealt. The HoT lasts 10 seconds regardless if you have a target or not.

FTC displays a debuff on the target you used it against while the effect is active on you for some reason, so if you're running that addon, it could easily be confused for some kind of DoT effect.

I do agree with what you say but i remember well 5 months ago or les my nb back then killed mannimarco when i was dead with DoT and i was using mainly funnel of health .I didnt had back then the nb DoT skill, cripple how its called
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    well sorcs without shields are absolutly AP fodder - they have even less heal than NB as critical surge is completly negated in pvp.

As they should be, ranged damge dealers. I do not understand, if you go all light and wish to charge in like a brute and expect to survive? in ESO this can be true, but common sense says no.

Besides, even less heal than night blades? seriously? restores your health and magicka from your stamina is probably the single most OP skill in the game. Sucking your stamina dry as a sorcerer who doe snot even need stamina is free health and magicka to you (basically).

Nightblades heals are HOT (Heal Over Time) and over 8+ seconds for the full effect, other classes have instant heals (or faster for dark exchange).

You guys are just clueless, sorry to say. The grp I run with is pretty much considered the best pvp grp on EU. We never run more than 8, most of the time 4-6. And you know what? We have more nightblades than DKs and Sorcs.

Nightblades are almost as tanky as DKs with crazy healing capabilities and damage output that puts every other class to shame. Nightblade is a crazy good class, amongst insiders considered topnotch with DK.

When the DK is the linebreaker, the NB is the nutcracker that just lets everything in range drop in seconds. The sorcs... well...they negate.

And you still have the balls to come here and "demand" for nerfs to other classes and buffs to your own. Even after being the best class for just stealth-sniping people with oneshots. You have an escape capability that can be spammed endlessly with the right setup. Dont bother with "uhm, it`s bugged", streak is as well. Sorcs have 2 skill lines which are almost entirely considered useless! How is this different to NBs?

I tell you what the difference is: Check "General discussion" - you will see 2 whine threads on the very first page whining and crying from NBs. Go check "Combat" forum - on the first two pages multiple crythreads from NBs.

It`s disgusting, your class is fine, your attitude is not.

Awesome post, you gotta teach me a few things for my nightblade buddy :P Name's the same as in the forums, hope we're not enemy alliances..
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »

I do agree with what you say but i remember well 5 months ago or les my nb back then killed mannimarco when i was dead with DoT and i was using mainly funnel of health .I didnt had back then the nb DoT skill, cripple how its called

Are you sure you didn't have a DoT from another source, such as a fire enchant or something?

I can guarantee you that Strife has never had a DoT component attached to it, and I've played since before early access. : P
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure you didn't have a DoT from another source, such as a fire enchant or something?

I can guarantee you that Strife has never had a DoT component attached to it, and I've played since before early access. : P

I play NB before the rease and in 3 beta sessions and i never saw a dot from it but in manni happened, could be lag as well no idea..

The forum post is shield stacking and not strife and as people complained about it what did ZoS do? they made magica harness 2 shields at one so the shield stackers will not have to stack the any more.. That is hilarrious, people are complaining about batswarm--->nerf
    When we complained about shieldstacking they made it easyer!!!

When we complained about the super blazing shield they gave it recover so a templar can spam his winbutton along with biting jabs the amazing skill that all of its attacks stun, and not only the last one....

Now its time for another DK nerf.

Also pvp lags and crashes not fixed yet and they are getting worst patch after patch. Last month for me, enough with it its not fun anymore now it gets seriously annoying.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harness is already gutted on the PTS.

Only restores magicka 3x per cast.

RIP Harness stacking.
  • ghengis_dhan
    ghengis_dhan
    ✭✭✭
    I am all for the game being balanced. But as a pure healer, if I don't block all the time or stack shields, I die all the time. As it stands, I die as much as everyone else on my team. Take these away from combat medics (my build), and we'll have to stay far away from the real fight.

Everyone has access to stack my favorite shields: Barrier, Annulment, and Immovable. Everyone can enchant their weapon to give a damage shield or wear a set that grants a damage shield. I don't see the problem unless a few Nightblades are jealous that their class didn't get a shield.
    Edited by ghengis_dhan on October 14, 2014 4:03PM
    "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Teddy Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% of shieldstacking sorcs/dks/templars are totally killable with the right tactic. Those that arent, are so bad at offence or sacrifice all their offence for defence so thats not a problem either. L2P is all I can say:)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    L2P - ok dude@:) re-rolled with a full magica shield stack build. Am instantly more powerful and can say 100% shield stacking is op - fact.

Is re-rolling as the same as everyone else learning to play.....? hmm
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't really know the whole deal with sheild stacking, but YEAH! If I can't have my Night's Silence speed stack with vamp and NB speed - screw all other stacking too! :open_mouth:

(And yeah! let's give NB a shield ! You can put it in the space where Blur currently lives! Yeah!)
    Edited by curlyqloub14_ESO on October 14, 2014 7:29PM
  • ZeroTheCat
    ZeroTheCat
    ✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    It really is pathetic - a shield that costs magica to cast but returns magica when being beaten down? wtf ha - almost as bad as being immovable in full skirt armour.

I am convinced not one dev with a brain has seriously pvp'd

The most pathetic thing is that people are defending this functionality!
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP Harness stacking.

Yep rip stacking,now its like you stcked 2 shields at the same time on its own. Its even better lol

Ive used and i will keep using it,no reason shield stack spammers take an advange over you. Everybody cmon shield stack now its easyer!!!! Everybody cast 2000k HP shield on himself untill they will be forced to nerf this rediculus thing.

Not nerfed just buffed,i will use it now cause probably zos wants us to use it.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP Harness stacking.

Yep rip stacking,now its like you stcked 2 shields at the same time on its own. Its even better lol

Ive used and i will keep using it,no reason shield stack spammers take an advange over you. Everybody cmon shield stack now its easyer!!!! Everybody cast 2000k HP shield on himself untill they will be forced to nerf this rediculus thing.

Not nerfed just buffed,i will use it now cause probably zos wants us to use it.

Shield stacking isn't near as powerful when you aren't getting magicka back every time your shields take damage, basically making the shields free to cast for as long as you're being focused.

• Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soon enough, they'll just have it so shields don't stack at all. They need to fix the fiasco with perma block casting and the stealth mechanic.
    Edited by Jacques Berge on October 15, 2014 5:25AM
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed it did. Many thanks for clearing that up :)