The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shield Stacking needs to go away. Period.

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Don`t bother, the guys here will just ignore you and keep on whining that they cant oneshot everything everytime and escape after with minimal efforts. They will claim everything other classes have to be OP, all the stuff they have to be broken and anyone disagreeing and offering advice is just trying to defend his stuff...

In the meanwhile good NBs rock the house in Cyro. The bads are here complaining, totally resistant to any advice to just learn to get better/use the right setup.

I'm constantly posting about how great NBs are currently, in all forms of the game.

I agree that shield stacking is a stupid mechanic, especially w/ Harness Magicka being bugged currently and being exploited to Oblivion and back.

Now what?
    Sorry, but just to clarify, night blades and all classes really, have a pretty damn good dmg shield in healing ward. 300% dmg shield increase when low on health and harness mana underneath... not many people are going to burst it down. Both harness mana and healing ward are available to everyone so use it and stop complaining about shields.

I think you're missing the point that every other class in the game can stack their shield on top of Healing Ward and Harness Magicka.

3 > 2

And it's nice that Hardened Ward and Igneous Shield both have much longer durations and cost a decent amount less for a comparable shield as Healing Ward at low health.

I personally don't think ZOS has done enough to neuter shield stacking. They should overwrite each other imo, but that would have PvE implications w/ healing players who have shielded themselves, perhaps.

Edited by Varicite on October 6, 2014 7:59PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    Tankqull wrote: »
    Shield stacking isn't broken. Harness Magicka however is broken. Harness magicka returns magicka for *all* damage taken *and* reduces all spell damage by 50% as long as the shield is active. When this is stacked with any other shield ability by casting harness magicka *last*(Shields are FIFO) the other shields effectively become an extension of Harness Magicka. By itself Harness Magicka is extremely expensive and barely worth casting but when stacked with any other shield it becomes far more cost effective. My particular build benefits greatly from this synergy but the use of shields and other defensive abilities isn't something that makes a player good. I kill shield stackers all the time even though I'm playing the worst class in the game at killing them, especially now that I've lost 10% of my overall damage.

thought you were playing a sorc not a templar ;)

It seems templars with blazing shields and biting jabs tear through my shields a hell of a lot easier than I do other sorcs with curse,mages fury, and fragment(when proced) spam but for the sake of argument we'll say we are equally inadequate at killing shield stackers.
    damage shields annoy me, but I myself don't have a problem with them.

though i do wonder how people have the freaking mana to keep them up like they do.....

I also usually cant kill them. lol. its not that I cant burst through them, its when I do, the caster simply puts another up... every... single... time.... it amazes me how these players never seem to run out of mana.

People get infinite magicka returns because of Harness Magicka. While this buff is active, you will keep getting magicka each time any of your shields gets hit. The damage it mitigates isn't that great alone. However, the magicka return effect works with any additional shield you stack with its base effect.

I'm not sure you know the definition of infinite.

images.jpg
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on October 6, 2014 8:00PM
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really love how another NB tries to mask his sorc whine as complain about mechanics.

Sorry, OP, but in my personal opinion you are a terrible player who will cry about the next best thing immediately as soon as you realize you will still die without your opponents harness stacking.

Please now nerf cloak, since shields are my only active defense as sorc, thank you! This game and NB playerbase in particular is the most pathetic bunch of whiny little girls I ever experienced.

How many sorc tear threads do you see where they whine about streak broken? Yeah, it bugs out all the time, draining magicka but no streak happens... If we would just have a few NBs roll sorc, I bet this forum would be clustered with cries and demands for fixes.

You make the game worse. Period.
    Sorcerers are the biggest scape goats in this game. It's been this way since the beginning.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love how another NB tries to mask his sorc whine as complain about mechanics.

Sorry, OP, but in my personal opinion you are a terrible player who will cry about the next best thing immediately as soon as you realize you will still die without your opponents harness stacking.

Please now nerf cloak, since shields are my only active defense as sorc, thank you! This game and NB playerbase in particular is the most pathetic bunch of whiny little girls I ever experienced.

How many sorc tear threads do you see where they whine about streak broken? Yeah, it bugs out all the time, draining magicka but no streak happens... If we would just have a few NBs roll sorc, I bet this forum would be clustered with cries and demands for fixes.

Sorcerers are the biggest scape goats in this game. It's been this way since the beginning.

Just stop the crythreads filled with tears of incapables and we are fine.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    well sorcs without shields are absolutly AP fodder - they have even less heal than NB as critical surge is completly negated in pvp.

As they should be, ranged damge dealers. I do not understand, if you go all light and wish to charge in like a brute and expect to survive? in ESO this can be true, but common sense says no.

Besides, even less heal than night blades? seriously? restores your health and magicka from your stamina is probably the single most OP skill in the game. Sucking your stamina dry as a sorcerer who doe snot even need stamina is free health and magicka to you (basically).

Nightblades heals are HOT (Heal Over Time) and over 8+ seconds for the full effect, other classes have instant heals (or faster for dark exchange).
    Now wait a minute. Let's not kid ourselves Strife is a pretty badass lifetap and with swallow soul nightblades have pretty decent self healing capabilities. Your talking about dark exchange which either grants you the ability to take less stamina or move (very slowly). Even if you don't rely on your stamina pool for attacks, you need stamina for blocking, dodging and breaking free. 100% health and magicka is useless if you get stunned or rooted and have no stamina. I think the trade off is more than fair.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just stop the crythreads filled with tears of incapables and we are fine.

Well, to be fair, the other classes tend to have access to powerful mechanics that NBs are simply excluded from.

Good self heals? Sorc and NB excluded.

Good defenses? NB excluded.

Shields? NB excluded.

I definitely don't want NBs to simply get what the other classes have; I understand that there is a design intent for all of the classes.

I do, however, feel that the intent and reality of the NB class are a bit out of synch, and could use some tweaking to actually make them the elusive class that they seem to be intended to be.

I don't care if I don't have shields or great self-healing or awesome defenses if I can actually avoid damage the way it seems intended for my class. I honestly tend to do pretty well w/out them.

I don't want your toys. I just want mine to work. : /
    Edited by Varicite on October 6, 2014 8:17PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Macoda wrote: »
    1. Night blades need to quit their constant whining, I have one and they are incredibly good at both pvp and pve. Also everytime one of you whines and says "I said night blade not night staff" you make yourself look like an idiot. Don't pretend you weren't going to post that silly comment after reading the first sentence either.
    2. It's not shields that are the problem, it's harness magicka being broken right now. Fix that and you will fix the problem

I think there are certain gear/build setups for Nightblades which are more competitive than other Nightblade gear/build setups. However, I wouldn't be saying they are "incredibly good at pvp." It is the least effective class out of the four due to how disjointed skill and passive synergies are (the Dragon Knight being the polar opposite with excellent skill and passive synergies).

Again, the problem with PvP in ESO is that there is no appreciable offset for using survivability enhancing skills. They are usable interchangeably with offensive skills without penalty...which is the root of the problem (i.e., having a damage shield or using the block mechanic while having no offset to offensive capability). You should have to make a choice that has a cost.

As someone with both, I'll flat out tell ya nightblades have incredible actives and passives for pvp..Hell Mass Hysteria alone makes you one of the best Group PvP characters in the game, if not the best.
    Mass Hysteria isn't that great. It only works on two targets at a time and it's not cheap to keep recasting. Compare that to the DK AoE CC Talons or the various sorcerer AoE CCs like Daedric Mines or Encase.

You guys... mass hysteria is the single best cc in the game. It works through block and has to be broken free with lots of stamina to be able to do anything again, not just immobilize like talons or encase!
    No CC in this game is that great to begin with in PvP, but one that effects only two targets isn't as wonderful as you seem to think it is. Not to mention it doesn't last that long and it does no damage and you don't even go that far. Sure it's wonderful, whatever.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

Well, to be fair, the other classes tend to have access to powerful mechanics that NBs are simply excluded from.

Why do you think that nightblades don't have a good self heal? I found swallow soul to be extremely effective.

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you think that nightblades don't have a good self heal? I found swallow soul to be extremely effective.

Right up to the point where the NB runs into a reflecting DK(which takes about 5 seconds, seeing how common those are). Did you know that swallow soul is a projectile?

Yep.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps I should have said a good burst heal? Swallow Soul / Funnel Health are great if you don't mind waiting 10 seconds and your opponents are gracious enough to just... stop hitting you while you wait.

Sap Essence / Funnel Health / Soul Tether are all pretty good heals, but not a single one of them is an on-demand chunk of health, which is what you really need in most PvP battles.

Sorcs also suffer from this issue (as far as class abilities are concerned, of course everybody has access to a Resto staff, which I use on my NB) where their only real heal comes from a channeled ability that's prone to interrupts.

At least in PvP anyways, in PvE Crit Surge is pretty much all the healing you'll ever need.

: P
    Edited by Varicite on October 6, 2014 8:32PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But thats their choice, running an inferior build and then complaining about the other classes` abilities is just ... pathetic?

NBs are the only class that have additionally a very viable and commonly used stam spec (bow). You also have viable stam melee specs, at least not less viable then other classes`melee specs.

You can also be great healers. Plus, as explained above you are the crazyiest bombers around, almost as tanky as DKs with damage that trumps every other class.

What more do you want? All together in one build, combined with escape on demand and any weapon of choice? Do you even realize how crazy that sounds? You NBs just got so used to whining that you dont realize anymore how brutally strong your class is...

you really think NBS are this powerful? have you not played a NB, and tried to use this supposed massive bombing power?

make a NB, attack someone, then try to fight them when they break stealth attack.... you will be f****

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Night blades need to quit their constant whining, I have one and they are incredibly good at both pvp and pve. Also everytime one of you whines and says "I said night blade not night staff" you make yourself look like an idiot. Don't pretend you weren't going to post that silly comment after reading the first sentence either.
    2. It's not shields that are the problem, it's harness magicka being broken right now. Fix that and you will fix the problem

I think there are certain gear/build setups for Nightblades which are more competitive than other Nightblade gear/build setups. However, I wouldn't be saying they are "incredibly good at pvp." It is the least effective class out of the four due to how disjointed skill and passive synergies are (the Dragon Knight being the polar opposite with excellent skill and passive synergies).

Again, the problem with PvP in ESO is that there is no appreciable offset for using survivability enhancing skills. They are usable interchangeably with offensive skills without penalty...which is the root of the problem (i.e., having a damage shield or using the block mechanic while having no offset to offensive capability). You should have to make a choice that has a cost.

As someone with both, I'll flat out tell ya nightblades have incredible actives and passives for pvp..Hell Mass Hysteria alone makes you one of the best Group PvP characters in the game, if not the best.
    Mass Hysteria isn't that great. It only works on two targets at a time and it's not cheap to keep recasting. Compare that to the DK AoE CC Talons or the various sorcerer AoE CCs like Daedric Mines or Encase.

You guys... mass hysteria is the single best cc in the game. It works through block and has to be broken free with lots of stamina to be able to do anything again, not just immobilize like talons or encase!

you do realize people can block while feared.....
  • chipputer
    chipputer
    ✭✭✭
    you really think NBS are this powerful? have you not played a NB, and tried to use this supposed massive bombing power?

make a NB, attack someone, then try to fight them when they break stealth attack.... you will be f****

I feel like you didn't comprehend what they were trying to say and are too focused on that one aspect of the class.

Yes, that's broken. Yes, it causes you to die. But that's only one way to play the Nightblade and they're saying that if you choose to play in other ways you will be much more effective and not run into these problems.

We're all aware of the broken Nightblade stealth. Not everyone who plays Nightblade uses that and the ones that don't have found ways to be just as effective as, if not more than, the other classes.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do... but isn`t this labeled bug and will be fixed eventually? So, you have a great skill that even now enables you to break the everblocking s&b`s for a timing window (which no other class can do) and which will get even stronger with fixes and you still complain?
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do... but isn`t this labeled bug and will be fixed eventually? So, you have a great skill that even now enables you to break the everblocking s&b`s for a timing window (which no other class can do) and which will get even stronger with fixes and you still complain?

Has it been labeled a bug? I haven't seen any acknowledgment of the issue from ZOS, though I may have missed it.
  • MADshadowman
    MADshadowman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I. WANT. IT. EASIER."

Everyone of you. Always.
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like shield stacking with immovable and impulse spam?
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    Like shield stacking with immovable and impulse spam?

If you lose to such noob builds, then you deserve to die. You lose to impuls spam, really?
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But thats their choice, running an inferior build and then complaining about the other classes` abilities is just ... pathetic?

NBs are the only class that have additionally a very viable and commonly used stam spec (bow). You also have viable stam melee specs, at least not less viable then other classes`melee specs.

You can also be great healers. Plus, as explained above you are the crazyiest bombers around, almost as tanky as DKs with damage that trumps every other class.

What more do you want? All together in one build, combined with escape on demand and any weapon of choice? Do you even realize how crazy that sounds? You NBs just got so used to whining that you dont realize anymore how brutally strong your class is...

I have a nb too but my dk is almost unkillable from a nb.

BUT... There are people that are smart they ise all their skills and i really found a nightblade that was playing great and i could not take him..

Learn to play guys. NB class is not the garbage it used to be when i was playing it(preorder).

And yes, nb dont need buffs dont need shields cause they have cloacks. Use them wise and be assasins=oportunist.
    Leave the DKs cc'ing people and then is your turn if you wanna play in melee range with your nightblade and have the ability ro survive NB is not your class, go dk or templar.

Enough with nightblades please,the only thing our nb needs is our cloack to work 100% nothing else and NO cloack must be broken from AOE otherwise we will have a serius problem with nightblades, my nb can stay cloacked for 40sec at least.. Stop crying about it.

This is a shield stacking conv. Not a please buff my nb please nerf the dk/sorc/templar becUse i cant kill them. Fo complain about your nightblade in the apropiate discussion or reroll .
    Edited by Nicko_Lps on October 7, 2014 2:23PM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pls buff my NB, I´m to weak. *grabs popcorn*

NB are rly strong if you play with the right skills and combinations.
    I know a few good builds including Stamina Builds and well you can´t do everything ;)
    You want max DPS? Then go for it and lose defense.
    You want more Defense? Well u will lose a bit DPS for sure.

I play a mix of DD and Tank and use cloak or reflect to avoid projectiles.
    Well buff me more ;)
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I complain about the skill because people block it 75% of the time WHILE being affected by it. yes im complaining. if you would not, then your standards are extremely low. I don care if ZOS has it marked to be fixed, they have already lost my faith in that department long ago.
    Edited by Cody on October 8, 2014 12:47AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    chipputer wrote: »

I feel like you didn't comprehend what they were trying to say and are too focused on that one aspect of the class.

Yes, that's broken. Yes, it causes you to die. But that's only one way to play the Nightblade and they're saying that if you choose to play in other ways you will be much more effective and not run into these problems.

We're all aware of the broken Nightblade stealth. Not everyone who plays Nightblade uses that and the ones that don't have found ways to be just as effective as, if not more than, the other classes.

so a NB can lock down a target and spam them relentlessy with one skill till they die?

a NB can spam a perma CC ability?

I could go on
    Edited by Cody on October 8, 2014 12:50AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »

BUT... There are people that are smart they ise all their skills and i really found a nightblade that was playing great and i could not take him..

Learn to play guys. NB class is not the garbage it used to be when i was playing it(preorder).

And yes, nb dont need buffs dont need shields cause they have cloacks. Use them wise and be assasins=oportunist.
    Leave the DKs cc'ing people and then is your turn if you wanna play in melee range with your nightblade and have the ability ro survive NB is not your class, go dk or templar.

Enough with nightblades please,the only thing our nb needs is our cloack to work 100% nothing else and NO cloack must be broken from AOE otherwise we will have a serius problem with nightblades, my nb can stay cloacked for 40sec at least.. Stop crying about it.

This is a shield stacking conv. Not a please buff my nb please nerf the dk/sorc/templar becUse i cant kill them. Fo complain about your nightblade in the apropiate discussion or reroll .

... you really are trying to use cloak as a justification for not improving the NB class..... after the 2 huge arguments I have had with payers about it.........

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

I know a few good builds including Stamina Builds and well you can´t do everything ;)

Well buff me more ;)

or reflect? what?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "I. WANT. IT. EASIER."

Everyone of you. Always.

so I want a class improved.... and that means I want things easier...

must explain why I do not want vet dungeons nerfed....... or why I don't complain about scales 24/7 like half the ranged player base does.......... or why I don't call for a BE nerf like a majority of the playerbase seems to be doing.....

right. want things easier. im crying nerf.....

cant you make up a better defense?

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Well buff me more ;)

or reflect? what?

He means the S&S skill Defensive Posture. It reflects spell projectiles back at attackers, and will reflect a reflected spell projectile back at a DK.
  • MADshadowman
    MADshadowman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I. WANT. IT. EASIER."

Everyone of you. Always.

so I want a class improved.... and that means I want things easier...

must explain why I do not want vet dungeons nerfed....... or why I don't complain about scales 24/7 like half the ranged player base does.......... or why I don't call for a BE nerf like a majority of the playerbase seems to be doing.....

right. want things easier. im crying nerf.....

cant you make up a better defense?

What defense? I'm not defending anything here, i'm just making fun of you. What is this post about?
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Nightblades indeed get decent heals, but most of their burst heal are relying upon killing ennemies and their healing over time abilities are based on the damage done by those skills.

So if you can't kill or if your abilities like Swallow Soul and Soul Tether are mitigated by block or damage shields you won't heal for much or even at all. Making you very reliant to allies for healing. (unless you use a Resto staff of course)

But I personnaly don't have any issue beeing squishy, I chose to play a gank build and I assume my fragility and support my team with very high burst of damage when I see an opportunity window.

But I would realy appreciate if the devs could find a way to fix the current issues related to Shadow Cloak, because it can be mildly annoying to loose my cloak when I most need it.
    Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on October 8, 2014 11:52PM
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »

... you really are trying to use cloak as a justification for not improving the NB class..... after the 2 huge arguments I have had with payers about it.........

I think "improving" doesn't necessarily mean giving them class shields and dragon blood...

I'm maining a DK, but I'm enjoying the hell out of my bow\1h+shield NB. So much tactical goodness - stealth, teleport to shade and traps are effing amazing. I firmly believe that this is the direction that the NB needs to be expanded, not braindead shield stacking and selfhealing.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • GoatKnuckle
    GoatKnuckle
    ✭✭✭
    Stacking shields is utterly stupid. It gives a complete advantage to every class with the sole exception of Nightblades (who have no shields, wtf?).

How to easy mode win ESO with no skill involved what so ever:

1: Roll a Sorc
    2: Stack shields to make you unkillable.
    3: Never stop holding block
    4: Bolt Streak in, Overcharge and Light Attack Spam (Maybe a curse or two)
    5: Bolt streak out (20 times in a row for some sorcs) as soon as someone starts withering your shield
    6: Restack your shields, rinse and repeat.

Pow. Now you can only die if a group focuses you down at the same time and somehow manages to stun you.

Oh and let me add one more number:

7: Act like your some hot *** skilled player even though you spend 90% of your PVP bolt streaking in the opposite direction of the battle.

Bottom Line: Shield stacking needs to go. Especially when you have classes who don't get any shields (other than harness magicka). Even more so when you already have classes that are OP Easy Mode without adding Stacked Shields to the equation.

Bottom line... Grow a pair. Seriously.