The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1.5?

• Razzaco
    Razzaco
    Soul Shriven
    Why is it that I get the feeling they don't want us to actually test Update 5
    Night's Revival
    Juno2k - GM of Night's Revival
    Night's Revival Website | Join Us
    Long Live the Night!
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's hoping that it is 1.5 being pushed to the PTS today. It has some much needed changes if the guild summit was right. It would be my luck that it would be the EU servers characters and not NA. I have a maxed provisioner to test the new changes. Well maybe I can find a VR10 recipe. The provisioning changes are very needed. If spellcrafting, jewelrycrafting, poison crafting, the Justice and Champion systems are included, then this is the best thing since dyes. If the trophy, costume and pets are in their own inventory and not mine or the bank space, even better.

Justice, Spellcrafting and Champion will not come with update 5. I am not sure what your source is but its a faulty one.

All those features will come around 2015.
  • Spartacus_Mills

Well, considering most people in this thread seem positive that nothing in any patch - either previous patches or future ones - has any content for their particular play style, and that every release is either rushed & buggy or too slow and therefore an indication the game is about to go under, I wouldn't blame them.

• Razzaco
    Razzaco
    Soul Shriven

Well, considering most people in this thread seem positive that nothing in any patch - either previous patches or future ones - has any content for their particular play style, and that every release is either rushed & buggy or too slow and therefore an indication the game is about to go under, I wouldn't blame them.

This is very true, But I have to say that while most of the patches have in fact been very buggy that is because people would rather just complain than actually get on the test server and try to find the bugs before they push the patch live. I actually enjoy getting on the PTS to find the bugs more so than spending my time grinding the same content over and over again.
    Night's Revival
    Long Live the Night!
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's hoping that it is 1.5 being pushed to the PTS today. It has some much needed changes if the guild summit was right. It would be my luck that it would be the EU servers characters and not NA. I have a maxed provisioner to test the new changes. Well maybe I can find a VR10 recipe. The provisioning changes are very needed. If spellcrafting, jewelrycrafting, poison crafting, the Justice and Champion systems are included, then this is the best thing since dyes. If the trophy, costume and pets are in their own inventory and not mine or the bank space, even better.

For those who said that there was nothing in 5 that they wanted, now you know how the rest of us felt about patch 4. That was useless for many people as it was all for the 'rush to max level' crowd. We need other things than PvP focused endgame. There IS so much more to the game than PvP and Craglorn.

Hey ZOS, we also need player and guild housing especially if you are locking the NPC houses for the Justice system. Us RPers rely on the npc houses to get away from the trolls. I know, not likely for another year.

The only thing RPers are getting in this update is chat bubbles. That obviously doesn't cut it, but eventually justice system, housing and stuff that is RP friendly will come out. I can't say the same thing about PvP, the first update we're getting is PvE focused. So in reality they aren't focusing on making PvP endgame and have neglected that part of the player base.

Yay chat bubbles.. So my UI can be filled with more garbage..
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    dcincali wrote: »

For those who said that there was nothing in 5 that they wanted, now you know how the rest of us felt about patch 4. That was useless for many people as it was all for the 'rush to max level' crowd. We need other things than PvP focused endgame. There IS so much more to the game than PvP and Craglorn.

Hey ZOS, we also need player and guild housing especially if you are locking the NPC houses for the Justice system. Us RPers rely on the npc houses to get away from the trolls. I know, not likely for another year.

The only thing RPers are getting in this update is chat bubbles. That obviously doesn't cut it, but eventually justice system, housing and stuff that is RP friendly will come out. I can't say the same thing about PvP, the first update we're getting is PvE focused. So in reality they aren't focusing on making PvP endgame and have neglected that part of the player base.

It's set to off on default, so I don't really understand how you'll be affected by it but oh well..
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • Razzaco
    Razzaco
    Soul Shriven

Seems to me that its going to be another useless and underused feature. Perhaps the time to code said feature could have been better utilized to correct already known issues.
    Night's Revival
    Long Live the Night!
  • ottobot
    ottobot
    ✭✭✭

Hush, you can disable them if you don't want them. This will literally effect you none, stop complaining.
    Razzaco wrote: »
    Seems to me that its going to be another useless and underused feature. Perhaps the time to code said feature could have been better utilized to correct already known issues.

People have been asking for this for months, even since beta. What they did is listen to their subscribers. They did however fix MONTHS of known issues and bugs before even working on them.