The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

1.5?

• Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    The PTS is down? 1.5???
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No patch notes, so I wouldn't count on it...
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else noticed the patchs are getting further apart and the notes contain items from previous patch notes to pad them out?

Also 1.5 is going to be more VR content? Do they do know the rest of the game exists? Instead of adding to a broken system how about they release a patch fixing that system or maybe the guilds that we are missing or player housing. Presumably Zos thinks all the Vets will leave if they don't keep turning out generic unimaginative content for them to grind.
    Edited by egosumacunnus on October 2, 2014 7:22PM
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    PTS is up with all previous PTS characters replaced with characters from Live.
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    PTS is up with all previous PTS characters replaced with characters from Live.

is 5 live?
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, and only those with toons on the US server have had theirs transferred. Apparently it was too difficult to transfer the EU ones...
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    The Arena on HARD mode is cleared already! ZOS even stated that they made the Arena hard mode even harder on live servers then the PTS, but didn't say that in 1.4 release.

If you don' care about the PTS nor the testing, what's the point coming here to argue, especially by giving false information? The last boss of HM was actually harder in PTS before ZOS nerfed it. They added a couple more adds to the other stages and fixed some bugs that made the instance easier, but it doesn't make it particularly more difficult.
    Edited by TehMagnus on October 3, 2014 12:23PM
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS should consider tiers that you simply cannot complete with the current gear ... an endless trial. The mmorpg games of old had content like this. They created large worlds that had content that simply face rolled you no matter how tough you were. It was utterly fantastic and added a sense of wonderment and mystery to the game.

When later content is added it gives reason to go back. Sadly this game is mostly instanced and little mystery is there to be discovered. I still believe it can be done however. I always loved seeing content even in lower level areas that could not be explored until a far future date where finally the true story was revealed.

ZoS however still seems to treat this game like a treadmill no matter how they try to disguise it.

On a side note I read that ZoS is still pondering how to not have high level players interfere with the justice system in lower level zones. Seems simple to me. You have to put on your tabard to flag yourself and zones have level ranges for content ... sooooo, instantly lower the character to within the range of content when the tabard is put on? Tough concept I know.

In fact this is how all content should be handled in my opinion. Levels should be flat compared to every other player in the game other than the benefits of better gear (still scaled though) and more skills and passives. Levels only reflect your skill that allows you take on tougher content without getting face planted. All "pve" stats are handled completely separate to reflect your skill in such heroic situations. Yet when in lower level areas or up against players this scaling simply does not rise to heroic levels as it is not required.

An entire world where ALL content is never out leveled and returning to places you love and the friends you enjoy is never out of reach. Imagine it ... simply amazing. Sadly developers rarely seem to imagine it.
    Edited by Tamanous on October 4, 2014 3:41AM
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    No, and only those with toons on the US server have had theirs transferred. Apparently it was too difficult to transfer the EU ones...

@AngryNord,

The first copy from live to PTS is for NA, In about two weeks they'll copy the EU Live server and purge the NA toons. @ZOS_GinaBruno posted elsewhere in the PTS topics that this is a one-way copy. Progress on PTS with your copied "live" toons will not reflect back to the live megaserver.

She mentioned that a present it is not technically possible to copy both live megaservers to PTS at the same time, so the copy process will be refreshed approximately every two weeks, alternating between NA and EU. Each time "existing" PTS toons are purged so the Public Test Server starts in a clean known state..

Templates will still be available to create new VR14 toons.

IMO, great way for tester to try out new test builds and features using known characters. We just need to take personal notes, send bug reports and feedback, and remember PTS stands for Public Test Server!
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auldjohn wrote: »

@AngryNord,

The first copy from live to PTS is for NA, In about two weeks they'll copy the EU Live server and purge the NA toons. @ZOS_GinaBruno posted elsewhere in the PTS topics that this is a one-way copy. Progress on PTS with your copied "live" toons will not reflect back to the live megaserver.

She mentioned that a present it is not technically possible to copy both live megaservers to PTS at the same time, so the copy process will be refreshed approximately every two weeks, alternating between NA and EU. Each time "existing" PTS toons are purged so the Public Test Server starts in a clean known state..

Templates will still be available to create new VR14 toons.

IMO, great way for tester to try out new test builds and features using known characters. We just need to take personal notes, send bug reports and feedback, and remember PTS stands for Public Test Server!

Any word on when we'll be able to copy live characters to PTS?
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It'll be copied automatically, from what I understand.. If you play on the US server, it already has been copied over...
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'll be copied automatically, from what I understand.. If you play on the US server, it already has been copied over...

Just logged into the PTS and it has been copied over thanks.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking chances are good that 1.5 will be pushed to the PTS on Wednesday or Thursday of this week. There is nothing in it which I am really looking forward to; but I want to do my part to unearth bugs before the update goes to the live server even though I have no reason to believe ZOS will actually fix PTS bugs this time.
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    If bug reporting on the PTS meant that the bugs were squashed before it launched on live more people might be willing to visit but since we know by ZOS's track record this is not the case... WHY BOTHER?
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dcincali wrote: »
    If bug reporting on the PTS meant that the bugs were squashed before it launched on live more people might be willing to visit but since we know by ZOS's track record this is not the case... WHY BOTHER?

@dcincali

ZOS reached out privately to several players (myself included) who complained about the lack of fixes from issues reported on the PTS during the 1.4 cycle. They have earned enough good faith for people to give the PTS another try for 1.5. While they may not be able to fix everything, there should be no excuses for not fixing big issues, like the crafting station problem but that was hotfixed after 1.4 went live.
    Edited by LonePirate on October 8, 2014 9:40PM
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why bother?
    I can't answer for anyone else but my reasoning is that the more people actually testing on PTS the more likely bugs will be found BEFORE they go Live. And though not guaranteed that all bugs will found and won't make it to the Live server, I suspect the chance of a bug not going Live is MUCH higher when it is reported on PTS than when it isn't.

So why bother? Because any bug or exploit that is eliminated on PTS is one less I need to be concerned with on Live.
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I'm thinking chances are good that 1.5 will be pushed to the PTS on Wednesday or Thursday of this week. There is nothing in it which I am really looking forward to; but I want to do my part to unearth bugs before the update goes to the live server even though I have no reason to believe ZOS will actually fix PTS bugs this time.

Hmm.. coming up on noon EST - don't think your prediction was right. Also, interesting that ZOS contacted some people with concerns "privately" - thank goodness they didn't include the rest of us plebes!
  • DeadByNow
    DeadByNow
    ✭✭✭
    Development has slowed to a crawl. The first sign of death.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rophez_ESO wrote: »
    LonePirate wrote: »

Hmm.. coming up on noon EST - don't think your prediction was right. Also, interesting that ZOS contacted some people with concerns "privately" - thank goodness they didn't include the rest of us plebes!

I am just as much of a plebeian as anyone else. I just happened to scream loudly with a very pertinent question in the right place, I guess.

As for my failed prediction on when we would be getting 1.5 on the PTS, I failed to account for the fact that developer time moves at half the rate as normal time. Evidently "very soon" does not mean within a week or so. I wish I could believe the delay is the result of even more new content being added to it; yet it is much more likely that the content in 1.5 is a disappointing, bug-riddled mess.

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think games developers have taken lessons from politicians. As we know, when a politician says something like "this issue is our top priority" it really means "we will handle it just before the next election. Possibly. (if the polls show we're behind on votes)."
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2nd week of Oct and no test server. A bit concerning I'd say.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    2nd week of Oct and no test server. A bit concerning I'd say.

We need to compare the discussion on Friday's ESO Live about 1.5 to what we already know about the update. I wouldn't be surprised if there is something added or removed which is the source of the delay. Or those Undaunted daily quests could have some serious problems.
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why bother?
    I can't answer for anyone else but my reasoning is that the more people actually testing on PTS the more likely bugs will be found BEFORE they go Live. And though not guaranteed that all bugs will found and won't make it to the Live server, I suspect the chance of a bug not going Live is MUCH higher when it is reported on PTS than when it isn't.

So why bother? Because any bug or exploit that is eliminated on PTS is one less I need to be concerned with on Live.

That's the point, the bugs and such reported on the PTS still make it to the live server. So why bother having a playerbase move from live to PTS to bug report when the bug reports get ignored. They did state in another post they will start posting bugs that didnt get squashed when a patch goes live, but for those of us that have been here since betas, we know how it goes and have a VERY bad taste in our mouths.
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeadByNow wrote: »
    Development has slowed to a crawl. The first sign of death.
    What?
    Update 4 was released 3 weeks ago.
    Update 5 will make its way to PTS next week, what makes sense if it is a topic in this Eso Live on Friday.

Than we will have 2 weeks of testing and a release between 3rd to 7th November.

All fine, like ZOS said, a new Update every 4-6 weeks.

That timeframe would give them still enough time for Update 6 in December as the last update in this year.
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    So last Friday they took the PTS down to prepare for the patch and today they are taking the PTS down to prepare for the patch .. GG
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's hoping that it is 1.5 being pushed to the PTS today. It has some much needed changes if the guild summit was right. It would be my luck that it would be the EU servers characters and not NA. I have a maxed provisioner to test the new changes. Well maybe I can find a VR10 recipe. The provisioning changes are very needed. If spellcrafting, jewelrycrafting, poison crafting, the Justice and Champion systems are included, then this is the best thing since dyes. If the trophy, costume and pets are in their own inventory and not mine or the bank space, even better.

For those who said that there was nothing in 5 that they wanted, now you know how the rest of us felt about patch 4. That was useless for many people as it was all for the 'rush to max level' crowd. We need other things than PvP focused endgame. There IS so much more to the game than PvP and Craglorn.

Hey ZOS, we also need player and guild housing especially if you are locking the NPC houses for the Justice system. Us RPers rely on the npc houses to get away from the trolls. I know, not likely for another year.
    Edited by RDMyers65b14_ESO on October 10, 2014 1:23PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For those who said that there was nothing in 5 that they wanted, now you know how the rest of us felt about patch 4. That was useless for many people as it was all for the 'rush to max level' crowd. We need other things than PvP focused endgame.

For people like me, there was nothing in Update 1 or Update 2 or Update 3 or Update 4. It remains to be seen if there will be anything in Update 5 for me since I very rarely run group dungeons and group content is all ZOS ever release for some reason.

Also, there has been no PVP focused endgame content released. ZOS absolutely despises their PVP community as evidenced by the lack of fixes for systemic problems and the utter lack of new content for them. ZOS has essentially told everyone except group players to take a hike.
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's hoping that it is 1.5 being pushed to the PTS today. It has some much needed changes if the guild summit was right. It would be my luck that it would be the EU servers characters and not NA. I have a maxed provisioner to test the new changes. Well maybe I can find a VR10 recipe. The provisioning changes are very needed. If spellcrafting, jewelrycrafting, poison crafting, the Justice and Champion systems are included, then this is the best thing since dyes. If the trophy, costume and pets are in their own inventory and not mine or the bank space, even better.

For those who said that there was nothing in 5 that they wanted, now you know how the rest of us felt about patch 4. That was useless for many people as it was all for the 'rush to max level' crowd. We need other things than PvP focused endgame. There IS so much more to the game than PvP and Craglorn.

Hey ZOS, we also need player and guild housing especially if you are locking the NPC houses for the Justice system. Us RPers rely on the npc houses to get away from the trolls. I know, not likely for another year.

The only thing RPers are getting in this update is chat bubbles. That obviously doesn't cut it, but eventually justice system, housing and stuff that is RP friendly will come out. I can't say the same thing about PvP, the first update we're getting is PvE focused. So in reality they aren't focusing on making PvP endgame and have neglected that part of the player base.

Edited by Zabus on October 10, 2014 1:51PM
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, all. We are again preparing PTS for Update 5 today. We know that we've done a few of these maintenances (maintenanci?) already and we appreciate your patience! We'll be sure to let you know when we have more information about when Update 5 is coming to PTS.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on October 10, 2014 2:14PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • DeadByNow
    DeadByNow
    ✭✭✭
    7/12/2016