The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Finding nirnhoned materials

duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
Currently the material drop rates are ultra low and prices are sky high.

For adaption of this new trait - especially if it was intended to help stamina builds - increase the drop rates at the nirncrucx mines in upper Craglorn, so that
- you can find them around there at a higher rate and
- receive these at a higher rate from the mobs at those mines and
- get at least one guaranteed material stone after defeating the boss and mobs.
See also the discussion 9th trait - Nirnhoned and The Nirnhorne Quandry, as well as Nirncrux mines waste of time?.
Edited by duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO on September 29, 2014 7:56AM
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Yea we really need a /iwin command in this game! Do you really expect us to play for more then 30 sec and don't get everything there is in the game instantly?!
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    Sunrock wrote: »
    Yea we really need a /iwin command in this game! Do you really expect us to play for more then 30 sec and don't get everything there is in the game instantly?!

It's obvious you haven't tried to actual fight at those mines. Even more obvious that you skipped economics 101: supply and demand.

Once there is a reliable, albeit difficult and group only source for the materials, prices will plummet. With prices well below a few hundred gold, i.e. more or less on par with other "rare" trait materials, this would be an "/iwin" command, how?

No, currently the only folks profiteering from the inflated prices are the gold & node farmers and a few power traders.

Those who actually would like to use these (yeah what a strange concept) and/or craft sets with these traits loose.
    Why? because who could actually afford a full or even a partial set with these traits - assuming these traits turns out to be actually useful in a real scenario - at an additional price penalty of 20+k per piece.

Right, only those who already got more gold than they know how to spent and/or those milking the rest with inflated prices from their node / gold farming.

If it is ZOS intention is to give profiteers, bots, gold and node farmers another boost, then the current situation is the way to go.

In case the idea behind this new trait was that people are actually using it for their gear, it is another epic fail.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of us node farmers (I do it about an hour a day, for an average of 1.5 nirncrux a day) also USE those to craft and research, so careful about the profiteering accusations...
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »
    Some of us node farmers (I do it about an hour a day, for an average of 1.5 nirncrux a day) also USE those to craft and research, so careful about the profiteering accusations...

The prices have already dropped significantly and will continue to do so. There's also nice profit to be made from everything that gets farmed up.

I've been having a blast giving the nirnhoned drops away via guild contests, while building up my craft mat supplies and making some gold on selling processed mats. :)

I'd also be fine with them being as rare of a drop in crag group content and via hirelings.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭

It's obvious you haven't tried to actual fight at those mines. Even more obvious that you skipped economics 101: supply and demand.

Once there is a reliable, albeit difficult and group only source for the materials, prices will plummet. With prices well below a few hundred gold, i.e. more or less on par with other "rare" trait materials, this would be an "/iwin" command, how?

No, currently the only folks profiteering from the inflated prices are the gold & node farmers and a few power traders.

Those who actually would like to use these (yeah what a strange concept) and/or craft sets with these traits loose.
    Why? because who could actually afford a full or even a partial set with these traits - assuming these traits turns out to be actually useful in a real scenario - at an additional price penalty of 20+k per piece.

Right, only those who already got more gold than they know how to spent and/or those milking the rest with inflated prices from their node / gold farming.

If it is ZOS intention is to give profiteers, bots, gold and node farmers another boost, then the current situation is the way to go.

In case the idea behind this new trait was that people are actually using it for their gear, it is another epic fail.

HAHA your really jumping to conclusions and you are so wrong it's funny. I have no problem to solo most things in upper Craglorn (outside any cave) and I have found 4 of those tempers without trying too hard, or spent any large amour of time on it.

And for the prices. 10k-20k is a fair price consider the drop rate. But don't pretend that 20k is a huge amount of money. Anyone that is V14 can easily grind 20k gold in half the time it takes to find 1 of those trait stones. In fact I can easily grind 10k an hour without selling one single item to an other player.

And even if you don't grind money efficiently you can easily get 75k-100k a week consider you play around 25-35 hours a week and sell stuff on the guild stores.

So I know economics 101. It's you who don't know how to earn money in the game. Or you play the game way too casually and are way way too slack. IE lazy.

Edited by Sunrock on September 29, 2014 10:32PM
    HAHA your really jumping to conclusions and you are so wrong it's funny. I have no problem to solo most things in upper Craglorn (outside any cave) and I have found 4 of those tempers without trying too hard, or spent any large amour of time on it.

And for the prices. 10k-20k is a fair price consider the drop rate. But don't pretend that 20k is a huge amount of money. Anyone that is V14 can easily grind 20k gold in half the time it takes to find 1 of those trait stones. In fact I can easily grind 10k an hour without selling one single item to an other player.

And even if you don't grind money efficiently you can easily get 75k-100k a week consider you play around 25-35 hours a week and sell stuff on the guild stores.

So I know economics 101. It's you who don't know how to earn money in the game. Or you play the game way too casually and are way way too slack. IE lazy.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are the one to jump to conclusions here.

This one has no problem soloing in upper Craglorn outside of group delves and trials. Nor getting a nirnhoned item for every free slot that came available since 1.4 for research and later crafting.

Furthermore, while that might be hard to understand for someone like you: gold is of no concern to this one, whatsoever.
    Got all the things, been there, done that, here have some cheese.

And since you, Sunrock, agree that you can farm gold far more efficiently, the proposed change should have little to no impact on how you enjoy your game, right?

The difference would be that for other people that would actually like to try out gear with the new trait might not already be at VR14, nor take up your grinding spot in Craplorn.
    seanolan wrote: »

Well, seanolan, this one got no problem with your node farming. If spending about 50 hours per month of your paid-for quality time picking things up in a game, hey, have a blast.
    Above proposal wouldn't stop you from doing that at all. Quite to the contrary lots less folks around, more things for you to pick up, as those currently looking for the new material would then only want to check out the mines.

However, for those who - unlike you - are doing these for making a fast buck.

Well, where this one comes from, if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's usually not called a cat.

So to both of you thanks for posting and proving the point.
    q.e.d.

Now this one will be back to making free gear for his RP and PVP guild members, offering free advice to any customer, selling his stuff below typical market prices and simply enjoying some more questing and exploring
    Edited by duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO on September 30, 2014 6:16PM
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭

The difference would be that for other people that would actually like to try out gear with the new trait might not already be at VR14, nor take up your grinding spot in Craplorn.

What about all the pore crafters that are only level 1 and cant get any higher crafting materials then iron, jute and so on? Way are you not demanding they get access to everything at once? It's the same thing.

I don't mind having other ways to gain the nirnhoned trait stone. But I am very mush against dumbing down the game and make everything instant access to everything because some pore dud only have time to play the game 10 min a week.
    You know, when leaving / skipping the Coldharbor tutorial, you are already at level 3, so there are no level 1 crafters to begin with.
    Secondly, crafting needs quite an amount of skill points to be actually useful, unless you only intend to sell traits to others for research. Where is a single digit level getting all those points, even with skyshards you would have a hard time unless you got a group cleaning the way before you.
    And thirdly, anyone playing less than an hour in ESO and still paying the monthly fee might want to re-evaluate his/her priorities.

However, sunrock, weren't you the one complaining about the attitude of "play for more then 30 sec and don't get everything there is in the game instantly"?

Well with the trait stones only being available in Craglorn and just more common at the mines, for finding / looting these you need to be at least VR1 not level 1, right?

However, this would naturally not stop someone from having a main high-level for whatever and a low level toon for crafting, but then this seems to be by design.

The only way to ensure that only VR crafters have access to the new trait would be if those trait stone were designated as "bound by pickup" and by that only to be used for crafting by the one who found it. Naturally, in that scenario the crafted gear should however not have such a feature, so that i can be still sold, traded or given away.

Making these trait stone arbitrarily rare, and by that expensive, is just another way of ensuring that these - if at all - will only be used in end game gear by those rich enough to effort it.

Which brings us back to ZOS intentions: Was the idea of introducing this a way to make stamina builds more feasible (read medium / heavy armor can actually have some / better spell resistance, as most light armor user will already be at or above the soft cap) or just another slap in the face of serious crafters and all the folks not liking the "skirt and stick" way of fighting?

Some comment by ZOS would be highly appreciated.
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    However, sunrock, weren't you the one complaining about the attitude of "play for more then 30 sec and don't get everything there is in the game instantly"?

I thought everyone would get that was a highly sarcastic post. But I should have know better. So sue me if I exaggerate a bit.

But this trait stone thing is not about stamina builds per say. That is quite obvious when you look at what changes that comes with 1.5 and what they sad on the guild summit.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its fine for nincruxes to be rare, at last people farming materials can make some cash.