Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deviance, Second in World to Down Serpent, with best time yet!

RavishedPsyche
Congrats to everyone who downed the Serpent, also thanks to all who helped us on our way! We did so well, with the best time yet! All members were core Deviance, but a shout out to Majestic 12, Dominion Imperial Guard, Last Prodigies and Purple who have members from our team within their guilds. We will be posting a Mantikora video tomorrow with our strat so more people can get to the serpent. This is our gift to the other guilds across Tamriel.

Our Team for the first downing:

- Aurora De'Viant- Guild Leader of Deviance
-Sir Leonard Smoothcannon
- Eatwidchopstx
- Slayyer
- Astra Solari
- Razz Alghoul
- Unknown Rider
- System Fox
- Raj'ik
- Morty
- Neurotoxic Venom
- Afrojack

Next objective for Deviance is to get those through S.O who helped us learn the strats by being part of our runs, post a video for other guilds, and continue to improve as a guild. Thanks to everyone for their continued support :smiley:

qrt99hw4vs11.jpg

vtzyircqab8w.jpg

knzh6w8x9oih.jpg

PS!
FIX THE LEADERBOARDS PLEASE not all of our members got on the board! Our 127min 17 seconds 813 ms time is missing the following:

Eatwidchopstx---@‌theyangman
Morty---@kuscoe
Raj'ik---@evancaldwell
Razz Alghoul---@bumbledore180

https://youtube.com/watch?v=slMBwg-CQdA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slMBwg-CQdA
~GM of Deviance ---- NA---- Aldmeri Dominion~
~v14 Sorc~ Aurora De'Viant (Former Empress) (Boethiah's Scythe)~
~v14 DK~ Adrasteia De'Viant (Boethiah's Scythe)~
~ V14 Templar~ Ava M De'Viant~
~ Work in Progress Nightblade~ Scarlet De'Viant~
~All trials cleared. Sanctum Ophidia (Second World), AA (normal and hard), Hel'ra (normal and hard)~
To learn about Deviance and apply go to: http://deviance.guildlaunch.com/
To watch our Raids etc: http://twitch.tv/sedissbro
  • rozcinana
    rozcinana
    aw yeee, we rocked it. great work to everyone tonight and all else who helped us get there!
    Co-leader of Purple
    Astra Solari - VR14 Sorcerer - Boethiah's Scythe
  • Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    ✭✭✭
    *throws confetti*

Congrats to the group in Deviance that beat the serpent c=

As of right now the guild deviance hold the #1 spot in serpent. Also a special shout-out to those who did not get put on the leader boards. After Weeks every night of the group running they should atleast be put up on the leader board.

This is quite the special occasion for the players I wish they would fix it or atleast put them up there :cry:
    Bug and Theorycrafter since beta.
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    gz guys ... hard work!!!!
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gratz! Hope to get the same message soon! :disagree:
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    Gz
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    congratulations ;)
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the problem the same as the other trials where, if you are dead when your group completes the trial, your name does not get attributed, or something similar? That's happened since day one and should be fixed.

Congrats though, very impressive!
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Butters21
    Butters21
    ✭✭
    Congrats! They will not fix leader boards there is like 5 missing from LP. Good luck on future endeavors.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the kill! :)

Something concerning however:
    "Loot Received: Sword of the Two Fanged Snake"... seems like they just re-hashed the same old Trial loot

I'm curious, did they make it VR14 atleast?
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time for you guys to go back to AA and Hel Ra and see what has changed! Can't wait ^^. *Fingers Crossed for loot tables change*
    Edited by TehMagnus on October 8, 2014 11:45AM
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about you don't post guides? I think its unfair to other guilds, and selfish for you.

The main enjoyment about Sanctum has been the fact that there are no guides, no 'right and wrong' ways of doing things and the adventure of working it out yourself. Its been how many months on AA and HRC? Slow down, enjoy the foreplay.

You just experienced that enjoyment and the subsequent pride in getting it down (maybe you didn't sharing Prodigy members? *shrug* I dunno). Don't make the mistake of denying other guilds that same opportunity. Who knows anyways, you might end up holding guilds back with terribad strats like stacking in spears like those awful videos out there atm?

If in another month or so, when the guilds who are working at this have it down - and there are some that are just plain stuck - sure, lend a hand, its not needed, nor from what I've heard from a couple of GM's - wanted at this point.
    Edited by Manpoints on October 8, 2014 3:10PM
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
  • rozcinana
    rozcinana
    DDuke wrote: »
    Congrats on the kill! :)

Something concerning however:
    "Loot Received: Sword of the Two Fanged Snake"... seems like they just re-hashed the same old Trial loot

I'm curious, did they make it VR14 atleast?

Yes, from our experience thus far it's the same loot as AA and Hel Ra but VR14.
    Co-leader of Purple
  • rozcinana
    rozcinana
    magnusnet wrote: »
    Time for you guys to go back to AA and Hel Ra and see what has changed! Can't wait ^^. *Fingers Crossed for loot tables change*

We ran a quick normal mode AA afterward, but still received the same VR12 gear. Can't speak for hard mode yet, however.
    Co-leader of Purple
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rozcinana wrote: »
    magnusnet wrote: »

We ran a quick normal mode AA afterward, but still received the same VR12 gear. Can't speak for hard mode yet, however.

Figures :/ not even changes in the voices and the text then I supose :(
  • RavishedPsyche
    Manpoints wrote: »
    How about you don't post guides? I think its unfair to other guilds, and selfish for you.

The main enjoyment about Sanctum has been the fact that there are no guides, no 'right and wrong' ways of doing things and the adventure of working it out yourself. Its been how many months on AA and HRC? Slow down, enjoy the foreplay.

You just experienced that enjoyment and the subsequent pride in getting it down (maybe you didn't sharing Prodigy members? *shrug* I dunno). Don't make the mistake of denying other guilds that same opportunity. Who knows anyways, you might end up holding guilds back with terribad strats like stacking in spears like those awful videos out there atm?

If in another month or so, when the guilds who are working at this have it down - and there are some that are just plain stuck - sure, lend a hand, its not needed, nor from what I've heard from a couple of GM's - wanted at this point.

Considering people from Potato Syndicate have begged my guys for strats, I find this post a little humorous. As for sharing Prodigy members, not that its any of your business, but I believe only one was in our run, who was an Officer of Deviance well before LP cleared.

The top guilds are going to share good players, its just a fact of the five guild system. As for guides, thank you for your opinion, but we will be going forward with a detailed guide. If people want to do it on their own, they don't need to watch it. I'm not going to hold a gun to their head and make them go to youtube.

The majority are stuck, and it isn't fair to just leave them there, with no options for help other than a few videos that honestly look rather confusing to most who don't know what is going on. If people can't get down the content they will nerf it, which we really don't want, and also people will tire of the game they can't get close to beating.

While I appreciate honest concern, please keep selfishness to a minimum. Those who want to watch it can, those who don't won't have to. We will also be posting a video of the serpent kill in the near future without voice, though soon enough a strat guide for that too.

If there is actually guilds who feel strongly about us not posting strats (other than yours) feel free to get in contact with me here or in game @ravished.psyche and I will be happy to hear you out. The same goes for people who feel they would like some help. I would love to hear from you as well.
    ~All trials cleared. Sanctum Ophidia (Second World), AA (normal and hard), Hel'ra (normal and hard)~
  • RavishedPsyche
    Thank you all for your kind wishes and congratulations. :smiley: I hope to get more notifications about S.O from a good many of you in the near future.
  • tinyt
    tinyt
    ✭✭
    Congrats guys =)
    Pre nerf/Point System Purple 27m SO world record holders/NA first HM SO Clear

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of army of sheep led by a lion."
    "Arguing with people on forums Is like playing chess with a pigeon , .. No matter how good you are , the bird is going to sh*t on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats guys!

As for guides, thank you for your opinion, but we will be going forward with a detailed guide. If people want to do it on their own, they don't need to watch it. I'm not going to hold a gun to their head and make them go to youtube.

The majority are stuck, and it isn't fair to just leave them there, with no options for help other than a few videos that honestly look rather confusing to most who don't know what is going on. If people can't get down the content they will nerf it, which we really don't want, and also people will tire of the game they can't get close to beating.

If there is actually guilds who feel strongly about us not posting strats (other than yours) feel free to get in contact with me here or in game @ravished.psyche and I will be happy to hear you out. The same goes for people who feel they would like some help. I would love to hear from you as well.

Posting guides after clearing the content prevents other guilds from continuing to compete on the content. We would greatly appreciate if you did not post any guides prior to at least 3(or 2, see below) more guilds clearing it.

I apologize if this is false, but Mystborn informed me that an EU guild cleared it while I was at the summit. This would have been Oct. 1.
    Edited by Tripwyr on October 8, 2014 8:49PM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • RavishedPsyche
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Congrats guys!

As for guides, thank you for your opinion, but we will be going forward with a detailed guide. If people want to do it on their own, they don't need to watch it. I'm not going to hold a gun to their head and make them go to youtube.

Posting guides after clearing the content prevents other guilds from continuing to compete on the content. We would greatly appreciate if you did not post any guides prior to at least 3(or 2, see below) more guilds clearing it.

I apologize if this is false, but Mystborn informed me that an EU guild cleared it while I was at the summit. This would have been Oct. 1.

I appreciate your input Trip, and will take what you say into consideration. While I agree with you to an extent, so far the majority disagree with you. We are posting our serpent fight with no instruction, no discussion . However, the guides for mantikora and such I might just do a poll to see what would be the fair way of going about this.
  • RavishedPsyche
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're joking right? Thats beyond an arrogant claim considering reds extremely limited interaction with yellow. But hey I'm sure any guild that WOULD want help on Serpent would definitely be hitting up a guild that hadn't cleared till last night for the advice?

I think these aren't the droids you're looking for?
    Edited by Manpoints on October 8, 2014 10:00PM
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
  • RavishedPsyche
    You're joking right? Thats beyond an arrogant claim considering reds extremely limited interaction with yellow. But hey I'm sure any guild that WOULD want help on Serpent would definitely be hitting up a guild that hadn't cleared till last night for the advice?

Ah well, as soon as we started killing the Mantikora I got messages from EP guilds asking for help. Which by the way I have no problem giving if you guys still need some help, just wanted to down the Serpent before we went and helped other guilds. See I'm a little selfish, and I understand guilds don't want to be beaten to the Serpent if they have been getting close, by people who get past the Mantikora thanks to a guide. However, competition wise, isn't it nice having more than two guilds to compete with? Perhaps it is that you all don't want competition. Me personally I enjoy the difficulty and I don't want it to be nerfed because people are face planting 20 seconds into the first boss.

Just to add, Potato Syndicate didn't ask for help, that was a misrepresentation.
    Edited by RavishedPsyche on October 8, 2014 10:38PM
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for clarifying.
    Edited by Jules on October 8, 2014 11:00PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Grats on your kill guys good job
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • RavishedPsyche
    Also just to clarify, we are indeed the second in the World guild wise to complete S.O Live.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Congrats, Deviance!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the kill!

For guilds actually trying to be competitive in PvE, I'm sure they would not appreciate strategies being posted for these; at least for about a month after the kill. Honestly learning these fights is one of the few things that keeps alot of us still around in ESO. I Personally am against releasing strats at this point in time.
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anjelicus wrote: »
    Congrats on the kill!

For guilds actually trying to be competitive in PvE, I'm sure they would not appreciate strategies being posted for these; at least for about a month after the kill. Honestly learning these fights is one of the few things that keeps alot of us still around in ESO. I Personally am against releasing strats at this point in time.

Same goes for me. The competition created by learning the fight then racing to beat it before other guilds is what keeps me PvEing in this game.

However, competition wise, isn't it nice having more than two guilds to compete with? Perhaps it is that you all don't want competition.

If this is your goal, posting a video of your kill is detrimental to that goal. Posting a video means that any guild who wants to be competitive needs to watch that video, use your strategy, and race to kill the boss. There is no learning, and all of the guilds capable of inventing their own strategies will leave the game because it is no longer competitive. You'll be left with you and LP, then next season whoever wins the race will post their strategy, the loser will need to use it, and you'll be down to one guild.

Its your call, but I'm not going to continue competing if the learning phase of the boss disappears, and I think many other guilds will be the same. Create a poll among the guilds competing for the kill, not a general poll including everybody with no competitive stakes.
    Edited by Tripwyr on October 9, 2014 12:53AM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Michaeljdaveyb16_ESO
    Congratulations!!!! B)

can you link the video in this thread when you're done, and do you have anyone who streams your raid nights also? :)
    "A man is only as great as the beard that wears him" - Sai Sahan
  • Michaeljdaveyb16_ESO
    Also to the others posting regarding guides - no amount of watching a video will get you the achievement in game. You will all HAVE to learn these bosses, sooner or later, believe me... This is not a trial you can drag any member through - it will take 12 people who work entirely as a team and cannot slack at all.

Also - content being cleared gives devs further incentive to create new content.
    "A man is only as great as the beard that wears him" - Sai Sahan