Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade cloak even worse than before!

• Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    DO*
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a pain but it's JUST manageable, I can alter my style somewhat to make it still work but it's still an utter joke.
  • sztartureb17_ESO
    sztartureb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I also find night silence stealth speed bonus does not apply. I am not a vampire.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't stand all these arm chair programmersgetting all worked up and telling everyone how "easy" it is to change things. They clearly have no idea how a business is run or the chain of command that basically EVERYTHING has to go through before something can be even given a shot at being important enough to put in the top 10 of "needs fixing". Not to mention they must be part of the newest generation of "everything revolves around me" because some how they think their opinions alone warrant mass attention.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]

Lol. So let's not complain about botched surgery because we haven't studied to be surgeons. Lol

Again, when you fix a problem and create two entirely new ones, it's incompetence pure and simple. My business doesn't run this way. We actually test things.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also find night silence stealth speed bonus does not apply. I am not a vampire.

Night's Silence is currently bugged (again) and does not provide any increase to Sneak speed for non-vampire players.

So those of us who were not even vampires before this update lost our ability to keep up with vampires, because non-stealth-oriented players were complaining.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /sigh

Just tried Archeage.

Curse words were auto censored and you could turn it off, however, people were throwing around hate slurs like the N word like it was nobody'd business, and when I asked how to report they had the nerve to be pissed. Apparently, Trion does not give a *** if people do this, they don't want to "micropolice" the chat.

I hope they get sued.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok everyone, just wanted to give you a quick update of the status for some issues you're experiencing.

First, the Night's Silence item set is not currently working, but this will be fixed when we release patch 1.4.4. We're also seeing that projectiles are knocking Nightblades out of stealth, even upon a miss, and some abilities are completely knocking you out of stealth instead of just revealing you. Both these issues will be fixed in patch 1.4.4 as well, which will be released next week.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok everyone, just wanted to give you a quick update of the status for some issues you're experiencing.

First, the Night's Silence item set is not currently working, but this will be fixed when we release patch 1.4.4. We're also seeing that projectiles are knocking Nightblades out of stealth, even upon a miss, and some abilities are completely knocking you out of stealth instead of just revealing you. Both these issues will be fixed in patch 1.4.4 as well, which will be released next week.

Thank you very kindly for the update and I am looking quite forward to 1.4.4.
    :)
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea don't hot patch it or anything, not important to the gameplay of an entire class.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3JZa_XpFJ0

Prior to this "fix" for things breaking you out of stealth, the problem was limited. You would get broken out incorrectly by your DoT's on your enemies, OR because the cloak wasn't properly removing DoT's on you.

HOWEVER, when you stealthed and it actually worked, it would cause all ranged attacks against you to miss. That was before.

Fast forward to today's patch.

Now it appears that EVERYTHING can hit you in stealth! Ranged spells, arrows, Silver Bolts, ANYTHING. These were not AOE attacks and I was not marked, they were every single direct ranged attack.

Furthermore, getting hit by these abilities while stealthed immediately breaks you out of stealth, making the problem worse than before! Not only is damage breaking me out of stealth, but stealth is now useless to prevent damage.

I was so disheartened by this that I didn't even bother to test if they actually fixed the problem of my own DoT's ticking on enemies breaking cloak.

Cloak is now utterly useless for me in PVP.
    • Enemy players appear to be able to see you in stealth even when not marked.
    • ANY ranged attack can hit you in stealth and break you out of stealth.
    • Mage Light breaks stealth rather than revealing it.

/sad

what is that addon that says cleans now and stun and doesnt have as much clutter as FTC?? Please PM me or Tag me so I see the reply :P

• venomsky
    venomsky
    ✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    JUST MAKE CLOAK TO THE SAME AS AN INVISIBILITY POTION DAMMIT
    dude potion not working too ! LOL
  • venomsky
    venomsky
    ✭✭✭
    There is still a 100% miss chance for projectiles on Dark Cloak. If you're encountering something that seems otherwise, we'd like to hear more details, please (possibly even a video, would be helpful).
    BETTER add dodge chance to blur, is that skill working?
  • Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's professional of them to admit it's a bug. The issue now is, how long to fix it. Hotfix, or next patch making it useless for weeks.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probitas wrote: »
    I think it's professional of them to admit it's a bug. The issue now is, how long to fix it. Hotfix, or next patch making it useless for weeks.

they said next patch, because they hate all of us.
  • Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭
    So a whole week. I guess they think people should put their subs on hold until it's fixed then, since they can't play their class for a week. Are they going to give back a weeks sub time to people affected?

(yes, clearly I don't expect a company to really offer up substance)
    Edited by Probitas on September 16, 2014 11:43PM
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll have to excuse my skepticism.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I knew 1.43 was going to be a problem, so I've taken the week off from playing, glad I have. Hopefully when I get back to playing 1.44 will hopefully resolved a few NB issues.

Glad you guys are on this, although it's very disappointing that something this game breaking for a specific class made it live.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »

You'll have to excuse my skepticism.
    I lived through the bank bug, and the armor deterioration bug, I can live through this... with my four nightblades... :\

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only got three NB's, your one up on pain on me. :P

Shadow/Dark Cloak is the staple for an NB, it would be like DK's talons not working, or a Sorc's streak broken. If that was the case there would be outrage, but since it's just another broken NB skill broken everyone thinks we are just moaning and complaining. Hopefully 1.44 works and doesn't break something else for us as seems to be the ZOS way of things.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• DaGhostDS
    DaGhostDS
    ✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    it would be like DK's talons not working
    Not exactly the staple of a DK since its not used by everyone, banners on the other hands, maybe. Talon doesn't fit on my bar though :/
    Can i haz bars with 6 skills + ultimate? plz!
    Edited by DaGhostDS on September 17, 2014 1:06AM
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow/Dark Cloak isn't used by 'every' NB either, but overall for a majority it's a staple, same with talons for DK, many DK's run talons. You get the point I was making though, even if specifically you don't fit into that category. I'm sure not all sorcs run streak either.

Shadow is used by a LOT of NB's so to have it broken mean a large portion of NB's are going to have their cranky pants on. The same would be said with the other classes and there high usage skill. That's the point I was making.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    So a whole week. I guess they think people should put their subs on hold until it's fixed then, since they can't play their class for a week. Are they going to give back a weeks sub time to people affected?

No one is forcing u to play a NB let a lone to keep your subscription.
    @heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_MarkF‌

NO.... absolutely unacceptable. I want my money from the monthly sub I JUST paid... back, how do I get this accomplished?

Class breaking abilities taking a FRIGGING week to get fixed? Are you serious?

How is this even possible? I had hope against all hope you guys would get your crap together..... stupid me.

Why aren't you guys taking into account the actual problem of stealth JUST NOT WORKING?

EARTH to ZOS... EARTH to ZOS

Wake the heck up.

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3JZa_XpFJ0

Prior to this "fix" for things breaking you out of stealth, the problem was limited. You would get broken out incorrectly by your DoT's on your enemies, OR because the cloak wasn't properly removing DoT's on you.

HOWEVER, when you stealthed and it actually worked, it would cause all ranged attacks against you to miss. That was before.

Fast forward to today's patch.

Now it appears that EVERYTHING can hit you in stealth! Ranged spells, arrows, Silver Bolts, ANYTHING. These were not AOE attacks and I was not marked, they were every single direct ranged attack.

Furthermore, getting hit by these abilities while stealthed immediately breaks you out of stealth, making the problem worse than before! Not only is damage breaking me out of stealth, but stealth is now useless to prevent damage.

I was so disheartened by this that I didn't even bother to test if they actually fixed the problem of my own DoT's ticking on enemies breaking cloak.

Cloak is now utterly useless for me in PVP.
    • Enemy players appear to be able to see you in stealth even when not marked.
    • ANY ranged attack can hit you in stealth and break you out of stealth.
    • Mage Light breaks stealth rather than revealing it.

/sad

what is that addon that says cleans now and stun and doesnt have as much clutter as FTC?? Please PM me or Tag me so I see the reply :P

@Gorthax

The addon is called Combat Cloud and you can read about it as well as download a pre-configured interface to look just like mine in that video if you visit my post: PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO.

Updated for patch 1.4 (Update 4)!
    Edited by Phinix1 on September 17, 2014 4:19AM
  • Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭

You lack the ability to understand sarcasm. Maybe I need to be more clear.

Also, no one is technically forcing people to play vamps and sorcs, but they do, what the heck does that have to do with the price of coffee in South America?
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    This problem has rendered the nightblade close to useless. I will put my main to sleep.
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • seneferab16_ESO
    seneferab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Zos_GinaBruno There is also an issue where I am not playing the cloak effect for 3 seconds after I have used Efficient Purge (Morphed from Alliance War ability, Purge). I play the animation, but it takes at least a good three tries before I get the red particle effect and my characters appear invisible for me and friendlies.

I have no friends in enemy faction, so I can not test properly and do not know if this is just a particle bug or if I am actually remaining visible during the duration.
    Would be nice if someone with enemy friends could test this.

It is Efficient Purge rank IV coupled with Dark Cloak rank IV. I am using a resto staff.

This happens both in and out of combat.
    Edited by seneferab16_ESO on September 17, 2014 7:22AM
    Aerin Treerunner, pre dinner snack
  • Mondo
    Mondo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why ZOS why? Poor Khajit is father of family of 27 kittens. This one has to fight hard in Cyrodil..... this one has to die because his tools are not working.....

Please ZOS make 27 kittens stop cry, dont let this one die
    Im not the Hero you need, im the Troll you deserve!
    - Survived the WoW Pre LK Rogue Forum "Come at me Bro" -

L2P = Accept that DK is OP and stop complaining
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, but you must understand how frustrating it is for us to have to keep dealing with these issues that just simply shouldn't be making it into live, over and over and over again.

You just give the impression that either you don't care and push out the patch OR you totally had no idea. Both are just as bad.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You lack the ability to understand sarcasm. Maybe I need to be more clear.

Also, no one is technically forcing people to play vamps and sorcs, but they do, what the heck does that have to do with the price of coffee in South America?

But, vampire sorcerers using Night's Silence sets are how coffee is delivered to stores in South America.