Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade cloak even worse than before!

• GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    Am I correct in assuming the "fix" was never put on the PTS? Because after I heard it announced here on the forums, I went there and tried using Cripple and Cloak - which didn't work.
    But, vampire sorcerers using Night's Silence sets are how coffee is delivered to stores in South America.

You, Sir, just made my day.
    Edited by GwaynLoki on September 17, 2014 10:57AM
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GwaynLoki wrote: »
    Am I correct in assuming the "fix" was never put on the PTS? Because after I heard it announced here on the forums, I went there and tried using Cripple and Cloak - which didn't work.

Yes you are correct. Only build 1.4.0 through 1.4.2 went to PTS. Those builds did NOT contain the attempted fix for nigtblade abilities. 1.4.3 was the first version to include it, and that build never went to PTS. It went straight from ZOS to the live megaservers.

I don't have a nightblade char so I don't know exactly how bad this is for you guys. Thankfully for me my problems with update 4 have been minor. However I really can't understand putting a build that has new attempted fixes for major things in the game such as core class abilities without putting them on PTS at all before going live with it.
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on September 17, 2014 11:06AM
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    While I see a lot of trolling and baiting in this thread, so I might regret saying this.... for those who want a place to discuss the change to night's silence and dark stalker stacking, I've created a thread that summarizes the issue in Feedback, here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/132089/feedback-suggestion-not-a-petition-please-reinstate-nights-silence-dark-stalker-stacking#latest

Just a couple things some of the uninformed on this thread might want to take note of:

-Vampires first appeared in an Elder Scrolls game in Elder Scrolls Arena (published March 1994); Twilight (the book) wasn't published until 2005, and the movies not until 2008; so if anything, Twilight copied the Elder Scrolls; however, I realize some of you (most likely those posting nonsense about "this is not Twilight Online") were probably not born yet when Arena was published.
    -Players have been able to become vampires in the Elder Scrolls since Daggerfall (published in 1996, still well before Twilight was even a concept, let alone a book or movie); in fact, in Daggerfall & Morrowind, there were even vampire factions players could join (some with differing abilities)
    -Vampires in Elder Scrolls have never been killed instantly by sunlight, that's the wrong kind of vampire, they have, however, had a lot of benefits, and in some incarnations, had their health regeneration reduced in sunlight, etc.
    -Skyrim player vampires had even more benefits than ESO vampires, and could become vampire lords (which could fly really fast across the landscape) with the addition of Dawnguard, see more here:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Vampirism_(Skyrim)

50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
    Request to Reinstate Night's Silence and Dark Stalker stacking
  • seneferab16_ESO
    seneferab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Atarax wrote: »
    Hello, I haven't read this thread

This thread is not about something stupid like a nerf to your favorite set, this is about a broken core ability.

Aerin Treerunner, pre dinner snack
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3JZa_XpFJ0

Prior to this "fix" for things breaking you out of stealth, the problem was limited. You would get broken out incorrectly by your DoT's on your enemies, OR because the cloak wasn't properly removing DoT's on you.

HOWEVER, when you stealthed and it actually worked, it would cause all ranged attacks against you to miss. That was before.

Fast forward to today's patch.

Now it appears that EVERYTHING can hit you in stealth! Ranged spells, arrows, Silver Bolts, ANYTHING. These were not AOE attacks and I was not marked, they were every single direct ranged attack.

Furthermore, getting hit by these abilities while stealthed immediately breaks you out of stealth, making the problem worse than before! Not only is damage breaking me out of stealth, but stealth is now useless to prevent damage.

I was so disheartened by this that I didn't even bother to test if they actually fixed the problem of my own DoT's ticking on enemies breaking cloak.

Cloak is now utterly useless for me in PVP.
    • Enemy players appear to be able to see you in stealth even when not marked.
    • ANY ranged attack can hit you in stealth and break you out of stealth.
    • Mage Light breaks stealth rather than revealing it.

/sad

what is that addon that says cleans now and stun and doesnt have as much clutter as FTC?? Please PM me or Tag me so I see the reply :P

@Gorthax

The addon is called Combat Cloud and you can read about it as well as download a pre-configured interface to look just like mine in that video if you visit my post: PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO.

Updated for patch 1.4 (Update 4)!

omg i love you thank you!

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Everyone, we certainly understand that these issues are frustrating, and that the recent round after 1.4.3 are severe. Please understand, though, that there are only certain fixes that can be hotfixed. It depends on many factors such as the complexity of the fix, what gets changed in the code, the degree of testing needed, and more. As mentioned earlier, we do plan on getting these Nightblade fixes into the next patch, which we're still targeting for early next week.

We definitely appreciate your patience and understanding, and letting us know what issues you've run into. The more information we can get, the quicker we can address the issue(s). Thanks again, guys, and we apologize for the frustration that this is causing.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... the degree of testing needed ...
    How did these issues even make it out of testing? This sort of issue should have been obvious with even the most simple system/integration testing but, yet, each and every patch, we're left scratching our heads wondering how so many clear and obvious issues managed to "slip through the cracks".

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_GinaBruno - We appreciate all that you do here in your role as liaisons between us, the players, and the design/tech teams; my frustration isn't directed at you. That said, I really, really would like to see a sample of the test plan for one of these updates, as I wonder now whether these QA issues relate to tester (in)competence or whether there is a deeper problem with the QA function at ZOS generally.

• Wolfshade
    Wolfshade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s really nice to hear that it will get fixed soon. But it only takes me 5 minutes to notice that there isn`t something right. And i`am pretty sure, there was minimum one player on pts who noticed and reportet that.

Thx @AlienDiplomat‌!
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    A week to fix core class abilities is unacceptable for a modern mmo. Blizzard, Carbine, hell, any developer that values their customers would have such a big problem fixed in a day.

And the fact that you guys still refuse to add in the known issues thread that ALL STEALTH IS COMPLETELY BROKEN....well...taking our money is far more important to you than actually caring about giving value for money, or actually communicating with us properly.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep yet another Nightblade skill line broken by this update. Seems to be standard procedure with ZOS. In addition the Medium Armor Passive Improved Sneak is now broken also.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about shut cyrodill down till this is fixed? justice!
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3JZa_XpFJ0

Prior to this "fix" for things breaking you out of stealth, the problem was limited. You would get broken out incorrectly by your DoT's on your enemies, OR because the cloak wasn't properly removing DoT's on you.

HOWEVER, when you stealthed and it actually worked, it would cause all ranged attacks against you to miss. That was before.

Fast forward to today's patch.

Now it appears that EVERYTHING can hit you in stealth! Ranged spells, arrows, Silver Bolts, ANYTHING. These were not AOE attacks and I was not marked, they were every single direct ranged attack.

Furthermore, getting hit by these abilities while stealthed immediately breaks you out of stealth, making the problem worse than before! Not only is damage breaking me out of stealth, but stealth is now useless to prevent damage.

I was so disheartened by this that I didn't even bother to test if they actually fixed the problem of my own DoT's ticking on enemies breaking cloak.

Cloak is now utterly useless for me in PVP.
    • Enemy players appear to be able to see you in stealth even when not marked.
    • ANY ranged attack can hit you in stealth and break you out of stealth.
    • Mage Light breaks stealth rather than revealing it.

/sad

I recommend replacing "stealth" with "invisibility" to clarify what you are referring to.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Vampires in Elder Scrolls have never been killed instantly by sunlight, that's the wrong kind of vampire, they have, however, had a lot of benefits, and in some incarnations, had their health regeneration reduced in sunlight, etc.

That's... actually wrong. Some vampire clans in Elder Scrolls lore are reduced to ash almost instantly on exposure to sunlight. Including all three of the Vvardenfell clans.

The specific bloodline that players pick up in ESO is not one of those, however.
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone, we certainly understand that these issues are frustrating, and that the recent round after 1.4.3 are severe. Please understand, though, that there are only certain fixes that can be hotfixed. It depends on many factors such as the complexity of the fix, what gets changed in the code, the degree of testing needed, and more. As mentioned earlier, we do plan on getting these Nightblade fixes into the next patch, which we're still targeting for early next week.

We definitely appreciate your patience and understanding, and letting us know what issues you've run into. The more information we can get, the quicker we can address the issue(s). Thanks again, guys, and we apologize for the frustration that this is causing.

I appreciate you guys keeping us in the loop, but the state the Nightblade class has been in since launch is beginning to border unacceptable. While not only being fairly lacking compared to other classes, its had broken skills from the start. The breaking of Nightblades cloak is a flaw that breaks the class at its very core, and I don't blame anybody at this point who says that waiting a week to be able to play what may be their primary character properly is unacceptable. That's 1/4 of the players monthly subscription wasted.

Sure their are other classes one could play, but I really don't find that an acceptable excuse, as it forces the player to find a solution as to how to enjoy the game that they have payed for, as opposed to simply enjoying it. I'm starting to think you guys should have waited to even release the class, or the game as a whole, because the launch game is really starting to feel more like an extended beta, particularly when it comes to the Nightblade.

So with all due respect, I find these excuses regarding testing bug fixes unacceptable. I find waiting another week to properly play my main character unacceptable. And I expect better from any game that has the nerve to ask for a subscription fee.
    Edited by Lazrael on September 17, 2014 10:09PM
    Artists and Theives...
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on many factors such as the complexity of the fix, what gets changed in the code, the degree of testing needed, and more.

I don't mean to be rude, but if the posts just before yours are correct, and the changes to Nightblade never even made it to PTS, I have to take this comment with a grain of salt.

This thread may not exist if this had been adhered to in the *first place*.

Instead:

- I logged in to find all my settings wiped. <-- Wow

- I'm stuck in 'Offline' mode. (thankfully heard about the variable change in chat to fix)

- Night's Wind nerfed (oops I mean fixed) - and I get to eat the cost to make it even though ZoS was aware on *PTS* this buff was happening and had every opportunity to say "don't get used to this" instead of implying the opposite. (To be clear, while I miss that speed, especially for gathering mats and scouting in PvP, I accept that change happens. It's all in how you do it. When you change sets THIS dramatically, a vendor should be put in-game that will trade your gear for the mats that went into them - kinda like skill points get refunded when something major changes)

- The one and only class I play (NB) has had class-defining broken skills broken even further.

So yes, by all means, let's talk about "...degree of testing...". I'd like to hear much more about how ZoS plans to avoid debacles like this in the future.

(and yes, I know bugs can make it to live in any MMO but this is really a bit much)

-H
    Edited by hiyde on September 17, 2014 11:15PM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what about the homing mobs? Those that apparently can see thru stealth and invis? Is this working as intended? And are you aware that those mobs (mainly bosses and storm atronarchs) tend to reset if there's been to many pops in and out of invis?

It's been totally fun getting those down 30% even despite all the current problems, burning thru pots due to this, just to see them jumping to full health and casually walking back to their spawn point again. That's a big fat middle finger right in my face, so thank you for that.

Get your act together and think of some kind of reimbursement for the part of your player base you constantly alienate, maybe a few will stick it out with ya a lil while longer. Maybe.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the degree of testing needed That should be everyone's signature.

What is the point of a PTS that you have to download something the size of two games to try and you guys don't even bother to put changes on there before pushing stuff live .. add to that stuff gets reported and you still push it to live without addressing it?

If your customers are testing for you that is something you should be thankful of, not rely on.
  • Romikov
    Romikov
    ✭✭
    ye the boss reset if u use the invis more times, its frustration 2
    Edited by Romikov on September 18, 2014 3:43PM
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭

Always looks like they care... but lol... they dont...
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno , I think, if the thread listing fixes had had ASAP and then an estimated time on it, giving at least the impression that you weren't holding off on an update until the next patch, regardless of whether or not you found one sooner, it would have made people a lot less angry.

As it stands, we are all pretty sure you will sit on your thumbs about this, and wait to fix it until the date listed, if not later, even if the fix is apparent sooner. You are prioritizing other things over fixing core class abilities from what we can see.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • thewisguyub17_ESO
    Kego wrote: »
    Invisibility=/= being invulnerable
    AoE should work like they work now on hidden people.

But it should. Like in World of Warcraft where vanish makes you invulnerable for that 3 seconds.

Once again, we have NO Damage Shields, we have NO direct heals. We only have the Cloak to rely on. I don't see an issue to be invulnerable during that time.

I kind of agree, but I think a much more balanced compromise... and a rather more believable one, to boot... is that cloaked/invisible players take damage from AoEs (you ARE in that hurt-y ring of burning death), but AoE damage shouldn't break cloak/invisibility (AoEs are fire-and-forget abilities that don't require targeting, and shouldn't necessarily reveal what you hit).
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention and helping us narrow down the issue, Alien. We've confirmed that this is indeed a bug. Our combat and abilities team is already working on getting a fix.

just don't take 6 months:)
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    We're working on it.

Thanks for the update Gina.

Hello, I am seneferab16_ESO and I fail at reading comprehension, or I simply skimmed the thread and totally missed the fact that other people talked about Night's Silence first; apologies for getting hostile and criticizing you for responding to them.

No worries, how you feel about what I post isn't really a factor in me choosing to post something or not. Carry on.
    That's... actually wrong. Some vampire clans in Elder Scrolls lore are reduced to ash almost instantly on exposure to sunlight. Including all three of the Vvardenfell clans.

The specific bloodline that players pick up in ESO is not one of those, however.

Hmmm.... are you referring to Aundae, Berne, and Quarra? From my recollection, they took 5 health per second damage in sunlight, and this was easily mitigated. They were no where even close to dying instantly in sunlight.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Vampires

Or are you talking about a non-playable vampire clan I'm not aware of? I admit I could be wrong here, but any playable vampire in all of the ES games I've played, has pretty much not cared about sunlight. Either way, as you correctly pointed out Lamae's bloodline isn't affected much by sunlight.
    Edited by Atarax on September 22, 2014 11:14AM
    50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
    Request to Reinstate Night's Silence and Dark Stalker stacking
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're working on it.

Thanks for the update Gina.

Hello, I am seneferab16_ESO and I fail at reading comprehension, or I simply skimmed the thread and totally missed the fact that other people talked about Night's Silence first; apologies for getting hostile and criticizing you for responding to them.

No worries, how you feel about what I post isn't really a factor in me choosing to post something or not. Carry on.

Hmmm.... are you referring to Aundae, Berne, and Quarra? From my recollection, they took 5 health per second damage in sunlight, and this was easily mitigated. They were no where even close to dying instantly in sunlight.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Vampires

Or are you talking about a non-playable vampire clan I'm not aware of? I admit I could be wrong here, but any playable vampire in all of the ES games I've played, has pretty much not cared about sunlight. Either way, as you correctly pointed out Lamae's bloodline isn't affected much by sunlight.

That link was a good read. Morrowind was long enough ago that I'd forgotten. I remember sunlight becoming a threat in later stages in Oblivion. If you look at a 5hp drain vs losing what amounts to 50-80hp regen it is quite a penalty. If only ours was conditional with sunlight.
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohh don't forget that the Dual Wield passive "dual Blade and Blunt" doesn't work on daggers. That means 10% missing crit. No recognition of this. GG