Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade cloak even worse than before!

• Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, you're not allowed to complain about ZoS continuing to break the nightblade cloak unless you've made a game yourself. Just letting you know the arbiter of the forums said not to complain. K guys? we should adhere to his wishes.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You aren't allowed to make malpractice claims for the scalpel left in your abdomen unless you are a surgeon!
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    You aren't allowed to make malpractice claims for the scalpel left in your abdomen unless you are a surgeon!

Also, if you protest said scalpel left in your abdomen you should feel ASHAMED to have been so cruel and inconsiderate as to hurt the feelings of that poor fragile surgeon.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »

Also, if you protest said scalpel left in your abdomen you should feel ASHAMED to have been so cruel and inconsiderate as to hurt the feelings of that poor fragile surgeon.

I'd be thankful. One, those scalpels are pretty damn sharp and I like pointy things. Two, I'd never want for anything again because I'd take that *** to the cleaners :p

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the point of the PTS is what exactly?

Sure I use it, mostly for selfish reasons if I'm honest, but then you can't get to Cyrodiil on the PTS most of the time to test stuff anyway, which is just stupid.

IF the PTS gave you some sort of bonus for your main account for properly and correctly testing and reporting on a bug or broken quest with screenshots and a lot of info on the exact issue, say 1 piece of epic gear to your main character then ZOS would have more info on fixing the game than they know what to do with.

Rewarding 'helpers' would go a long way I think.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, they're not hurting for helpers. There are plenty of people to test the content, despite them not giving people the proper tools to test or the incentive to test (which they said they're going to do at some undisclosed time in the distant future) the problem is that things do not get fixed despite being reported. This has happened time and time again.

Then there are the things that weren't even introduced on the PTS and had no chance for the public to chime in on or test.

So what is the PTS for? lip service and a preview of what they're doing, so people don't get too bored. Or it's basically a free way to get QA when they choose to listen to the feedback/bug reports.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on September 16, 2014 12:50AM

• DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    I cant actually believe this is still broken...this is just ridiculous now and will probe have to wait ages for a fix that will brake it more

Comon get your [snip] together seriously.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 16, 2014 12:43PM
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Yep.. Confirmed don't think about trying to get close to a mob. I'm a VR12 Khajit and I cant even sneak up on a humaniod to feed.

I was at max range for my Hidden blade (20m) when a VR5 Flame Antronach saw me (I was in front at 20+ game meters) and starting nuking me... I would use Dark Cloak (the Purging variant) and I would pop out of stealth faster then I went into stealth. After I killed it with Hidden Blade I noticed that I was on fire (fire affect) and I my Cloak wouldn't purge it, another fail feature.

So lets lay out the stupid ZOS has done here:

1) Break the ONLY thing that made being a NB bearable. Stacking speed sets which ZOS has stated was INTENTIONAL.
    2) Rebreak and NOT fix Cloak, that's a good one guys rebreak something in NEW and exciting ways! Brilliant!
    3) Break stealth completely and dork up any kind of detection passives and abilities.

I'm not paying for this. ArcheAge is out tomorrow and its free. I think I'll be moving on and letting my sub die, if not fixed immediately. That apparently is the ONLY way ZOS will get the hint.

Now queue the I'm QQ and suck it up posts.....

But honestly ZoS has a great game but they don't listen to players, the only way they will listen is to force them to listen.

Man I had alot of fun playing this game, but it is completely unplayable now.

So much unfun and fail.
  • Sneak_Thief
    Sneak_Thief
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im just tired of trying to escape via shadow cloak, even using it 5 times in a row, just to have some *** mob instantly know where I am and chase me down. How about turn off their super psychic powers, apparently going invisible should not be used to get away, as they will always know where you went even when out of direct line of sight.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to be honest, since I was on of the most vocal one about the fix. It's better. I can honestly say that only once maybe twice today did I feel something went wrong. Maybe because no one use a spell with a cast time in Cyrodiil? Regardless OP's video showed a definite issue.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Thanks so much, Alien. For what it's worth, what you're reporting should not be the case, so it's just a matter of narrowing down what's happening.
    And here we are again pretending to be the ZOS QA department ...
    dry.gif

It's not like someone at ZOS could have actually tested this before the patch was pushed to live, no?
    confused24.gif
    it's not worth being angry over. It's not intended, it will be fixed. It's far better than some of the other things in this patch that are very intended.
    Who said i was angry? confused24.gif
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is sad is that it literally took me 5 minutes of play testing to discover this.

They fired their QA team, that's why they're begging us to be their beta testers on the PTS. :)

(Pure speculation)
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on September 16, 2014 3:48AM
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had a QA team?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to create such a fantastic and complex game as this?
    @spoqster
    Yes actually. I do this for a living ...
    shades.gif
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rook75 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Yep.. Confirmed don't think about trying to get close to a mob. I'm a VR12 Khajit and I cant even sneak up on a humaniod to feed.

I was at max range for my Hidden blade (20m) when a VR5 Flame Antronach saw me (I was in front at 20+ game meters) and starting nuking me... I would use Dark Cloak (the Purging variant) and I would pop out of stealth faster then I went into stealth. After I killed it with Hidden Blade I noticed that I was on fire (fire affect) and I my Cloak wouldn't purge it, another fail feature.

So lets lay out the stupid ZOS has done here:

1) Break the ONLY thing that made being a NB bearable. Stacking speed sets which ZOS has stated was INTENTIONAL.
    2) Rebreak and NOT fix Cloak, that's a good one guys rebreak something in NEW and exciting ways! Brilliant!
    3) Break stealth completely and dork up any kind of detection passives and abilities.

I'm not paying for this. ArcheAge is out tomorrow and its free. I think I'll be moving on and letting my sub die, if not fixed immediately. That apparently is the ONLY way ZOS will get the hint.

Now queue the I'm QQ and suck it up posts.....

But honestly ZoS has a great game but they don't listen to players, the only way they will listen is to force them to listen.

Man I had alot of fun playing this game, but it is completely unplayable now.

So much unfun and fail.

@rook75‌

Can I have your stuff?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just sleep it off. You'll feel better tomorrow.

• Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny this NEVER worked for me in PvP ever, hell Im hidden or fully stealthed and I got charged/owned.

Useless!

A charge attack is not the same as a projectile attack. :(

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
    Are you saying it's intended for a player to be able to target or maintain target on a NB that has cloak and then charge it after he has cloaked? THAT is working as intended? Are you kidding me?

We've seen this for months. Reported on it for months and never did we get any indication that was an intended circumstance.

What possible reason could you have to allow for that?

1. It defies reason since cloaking and going into shadows for all intents and purposes is supposed to break a PC or NPC's ability to target the NB. Additionally there are skills for that called Mark and Mage Light.

2. It doesn't lend toward balancing anything but rather is a continuing imbalance.

Would you please clarify if this is an intended.
    Edited by Vizier on September 16, 2014 4:56AM
  • Sablemane
    Sablemane
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow Cloak is not breaking line of sight or aggro consistently in PvE neither.
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much, Alien. For what it's worth, what you're reporting should not be the case, so it's just a matter of narrowing down what's happening.
    dry.gif

It's not like someone at ZOS could have actually tested this before the patch was pushed to live, no?
    confused24.gif

Do you have any idea how hard it is to create such a fantastic and complex game as this? Stop complaining and program one for yourself if you don't like this one.

This is such an infantile response. Sometimes I buy a new car and don't like it or it performs inadequately in some way. Do I go and make my own car? No, I simply choose a different manufacturer next time around.

It's not my problem a car is complex to design. Paying customers expect to buy products that work. In this case a sub is paid on top of a AAA game price, and a core class ability is broken since release and not enough test diligence has been performed. People are no doubt wondering where exactly their sub goes...
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember, if your doctor removes a limb instead of your appendix, you have no right to complain because you have no idea how complex it is to become a surgeon!
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to create such a fantastic and complex game as this?
    @spoqster
    Yes actually. I do this for a living ...
    shades.gif
    And you provided very helpful input to the support team, as opposed to many others who are just blindly complaining.
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    Funny this NEVER worked for me in PvP ever, hell Im hidden or fully stealthed and I got charged/owned.

Useless!

A charge attack is not the same as a projectile attack. :(

You know, between this, and this:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/132024/feedback-petition-please-reinstate-nights-silence-dark-stalker-stacking#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/132089/feedback-suggestion-not-a-petition-please-reinstate-nights-silence-dark-stalker-stacking?new=1

I am feeling much better about my decision to respec my VR12 Nightblade into a craft mule and play DK. Why can't all classes be as fun as DK and Sorc?

ESO is now down to 3 classes. How low can we go before Devs give up on restricting class abilities and just open up all class abilities on any character?
    Edited by Atarax on September 16, 2014 1:08PM
    50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
    Request to Reinstate Night's Silence and Dark Stalker stacking
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why dont devs just make cloack work the same way as Clouding swarm do ?
    I mean it should simply recast the invise on self every 0.5 - 1 sec untill the effect ends. Tooltip clearly say - invise for 4 second duration, so i see no valid reason to be revealed unless im beeing affected by some revealing effects like Piercing mark or detect pots.

With clouding swarm it works just perfect... the caster completely ignore any incoming damage... it completely ignore any detect effects or potions... it completely ignore all detectiong skills like piercing mark, literaly nothing can break this invisibility.

Just... how come there are 2 invise skills in this game which work so much differently ?
    One is always broken by not letting you be invise and other completely broken by not allow other players to detect you ?
    Edited by killedbyping on September 16, 2014 7:23AM
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    .............. I think the combat and abilities team need to stop playing their skirt wearing, immovable (even though in light amour - yer good 1!), shield stacking, green blood spamming, stick wielding, massively op dk's, and fix our [snip] class properly! - This video shows that they haven't tested ANYTHING! Sack them all :)

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 16, 2014 12:50PM
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invisibility=/= being invulnerable
    AoE should work like they work now on hidden people.

But it should. Like in World of Warcraft where vanish makes you invulnerable for that 3 seconds.

Once again, we have NO Damage Shields, we have NO direct heals. We only have the Cloak to rely on. I don't see an issue to be invulnerable during that time.
    Edited by Kego on September 16, 2014 8:37AM
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    Of course there is always the chance he was victim to the fairly common hack/exploit that see through stealth.

This comment is not about the OP but to remind Jessica that this needs to be worked on - if thats even possible since it seems to exist in all stealth games.
    JF if not, please advise CS to give exploit like these highest priority to move on and catch these cheaters. I see this pretty much every time in extended keep wall standoffs.

As a nightblade leveling up from VR1 - VR12 100% PvP, I have never experienced this hack.
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dry.gif

confused24.gif

I just do not know how this stuff keeps making it into live.
  • venomsky
    venomsky
    ✭✭✭
    btw that's truth our class only get nerf, soon they will nerf clock to 1 sec......
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I'm going to have to do the same, this is frankly just ridiculous. To keep allowing things like this into live is just ridiculous.

It's infuriating when you just want to finish work and play a game or two.

So that's it, when I get to log in and check for myself, if it's as bad as reported I'm taking my money away.
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep just tested this, if any cast is being thrown at you, you immediately pop out of cloak.