Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Small(ish) item Alliance War wish list for future updates

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a collection of mostly small to smallish things on a wish list for future updates. Feel free critique or share to your own wish list. Normally I like to have individual posts per idea but these are just a bunch of odds and ends.

Achievements

Exalted Dragonknight Slayer - Kill 500 enemy Dragonknights
Exalted Sorcerer Slayer - Kill 500 enemy Sorcerers
Exalted Templar Slayer - Kill 500 enemy Templars
Exalted Nightblade Slayer - Kill 500 enemy Nightblades

Righteous Vengeance - Score 50 Revenge kills in the Alliance War
Deadly Avenger - Score 50 Avenge kills in the Alliance War

Ravager - Score 10 enemy kills in a minute
Decimator - Score 20 enemy kills in a minute
Devastator - Score 30 enemy kills in a minute
(Destroyer - Score 40 enemy kills in a minute)*
Annihilator - Score 50 enemy kills in a minute

(*Not sure it makes sense to go to 50 kills, in which case Annihilator would be 40 as per my original thoughts and Destroyer would be dropped. I just wanted to show what the preferred order of achievement titles would look like and added a fifth for such purposes. I think 10, 20, 30, and 40 would be more reasonable as even 40 would be very challenging even using meatbag or firepot catapults in a heavy siege. Even 30 might be a stretch, in which case Annihilator would be dropped. I guess it would be best to start with 10, 20, and 30 and add the others if enough players were hitting the top mark.)

Item/Set Bonus

Misfire** - Once per minute there is an 8% chance that an AoE spell targeting the player will misfire and affect enemy players, with damage increased by 10% and centered on the caster.

(**the official name can sound more lore/setting appropriate, such as Hakkar's Folly or Duzom's Curse or the like)

Alliance Specific Bonuses & Quests

The quest part is optional and make this a lot bigger, but the bonuses are fairly straightforward: Alliance specific bonuses and tied to Alliance War rank and the completion of a difficult quest/quest series specific to each Alliance. Alternatively these could be set item bonuses for very rare/expensive Alliance specific armor.

Blood for the Pact Once per minute an killing an enemy player has a 5% chance of restoring 25% of player's total health.

The Lion's Roar Once per minute when the player's health drops below 25% there is 10% chance of creating an irresistible fear effect on nearby enemy players for 5 seconds.

The Eagle Banner Once per minute when either magicka or stamina drops below 25% there is a 10% chance of gaining an 800 point damage shield.
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't want to fill up the original post with asterisks and notes, but originally I was thinking of this for some of the suggested achievements:

Exalted Dragonknight Slayer - Kill 250 enemy Dragonknights
    Exalted Sorcerer Slayer - Kill 250 enemy Sorcerers
    Exalted Templar Slayer - Kill 250 enemy Templars
    Exalted Nightblade Slayer - Kill 250 enemy Nightblades

Supreme Dragonknight Slayer - Kill 500 enemy Dragonknights
    Supreme Sorcerer Slayer - Kill 500 enemy Sorcerers
    Supreme Templar Slayer - Kill 500 enemy Templars
    Supreme Nightblade Slayer - Kill 500 enemy Nightblades

In the above scenario, the biggest achievement is 500 and the stepping stone is 250, up from the current high of 100 kills. I like this version, but wasn't sure where to put the next step up, so I went with the larger number.

Then there is the new achievement line suggested. It originally was going to look like this:

Ravager - Score 5 enemy kills in a minute in personal combat
    Decimator - Score 10 enemy kills in a minute in personal combat
    Devastator - Score 15 enemy kills in a minute in personal combat
    Annihilator - Score 20 enemy kills in a minute in personal combat

I changed it because with siege weapons you could easily get most of these at level 10 if you aimed a meat wagon or oil cat at a breach filled with large numbers of enemy players. I prefer the version with the smaller numbers, but only if a way to track siege vs. non-siege kills were implemented in the programming.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • serenenightmare
    serenenightmare
    ✭✭✭
    As long as Lion's Roar was unbreakable sure, otherwise that seems very useless. Come up with an 800 point shield and restoring % health but DC gets a silly breakable fear... :/

I like the idea of these and if they add the unique faction armor, they would make the fear CC breakable.
    Edited by serenenightmare on September 14, 2014 1:38AM
    v14 Sorcerer: Aerendyl Merith
    Former Empress of Volendrung, first cycle.
    Former Empress of Thornblade, fourth cycle.
    v14 Templar: Aeren-chan
    v1 Dragonknight: Aelrindel Merith
    v1 Nightblade: Arendelle Merith
    No Mercy.
    Aeren Cartel, Best Drugs North America
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as Lion's Roar was unbreakable sure, otherwise that seems very useless. Come up with an 800 point shield and restoring % health but DC gets a silly breakable fear... :/

I like the idea of these and if they add the unique faction armor, they would make the fear CC breakable.

I described it as "an irresistible fear effect", i.e., not breakable for 5 seconds and no chance to avoid it :smile:

• thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I wish for more lively keeps? Like with stables and maybe crafting stations and neutral npc's that live in the country side who will cower in fear when the keep is under attack.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I wish for more lively keeps? Like with stables and maybe crafting stations and neutral npc's that live in the country side who will cower in fear when the keep is under attack.

Wish?

Yes.

Have serious hope for?

They would need to expand the size of the keeps and their courtyards and then add lots more moving parts that could potentially bug like the posterns.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, well, I guess I have some additional achievements to add to the wishlist:

These can be stand alone achievements or part of a new series of things (like Alliance War ranks) that you can earn -- namely, commendations (including medals)...

King Maker - Help capture every ring keep on the day your Alliance crowns a new Emperor.
    Defender of the Crown - Help successfully defend the last ring keep when your Alliance has Emperor.

Alliance Defender - Defend every home keep in your Alliance's starting territory once.
    Cyrodiil Defender - Defend every keep in Cyrodiil once.

Alliance Conqueror - Capture every home keep in the other Alliances' starting territories once.
    Cyrodiil Conqueror - Capture every keep in Cyrodiil once.

Resource Management - Defend every resource in your Alliance's starting territory once.
    Extended Supply Chain - Defend every resource in Cyrodiil once.

Resource Procurement - Capture every resource in the other Alliances' starting territories once.
    Outsourcing - Capture every resource in Cyrodiil once.

Ten in Five - Defeat 5 enemy players from each rival alliance in 5 minutes
    Twenty in Ten - Defeat 10 enemy players from each rival alliance in 10 minutes

Scroll Thief - Steal a scroll from an enemy keep.
    Scroll Keeper - Place an enemy scroll at a keep controlled by your Alliance.

And then there's my idea for having achievements that require your Alliance, not just you, to accomplish some challenging goal, but that is still just a vague concept. Perhaps related to some recurring form of special event. No specific yet :)