Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Expanded Alliance Rank Criteria/Coomendations

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Every so often I post an idea about enhancing the experience of the Alliance War. I was thinking that eventually if lots of people keep playing long enough they will all be Praetorians and Legates and wondered what the satisfaction would be then for simply being around long enough to get promoted.

Being rewarded for long service in and of itself isn't a problem, but currently ranks are based solely on AP earned whether it is farmed by killing the alts of friends of running in a spam zerg or defending keeps. So, in addition to potentially expanding Alliance War activities, which I and others have suggested, what about adding those current and possibly new activities to requirements for some of the ranks?

In other words, you might need to capture 20 keeps in addition to the AP score requirement to be eligible for the rank of Veteran* and subsequently enter the non-commissioned officer set of promotions from corporal to first sergeant. Maybe complete some other requirement to become a commissioned officer (i.e. Lieutenant and above). Most folks would likely get these in the acquisition of their AP anyway, but it would encourage more folks to be more active in all areas of the War.

The other option is perhaps something in addition to ranks, such as commendations (with or without things like medals), for completing special requirements other than earning AP. That might also help keep things more meaningful and rewarding in the longer term.

Just a thought.

(And yes, obviously those already at a rank would get to keep it, unless the commendation route was chosen instead, in which case the issue is moot.)

*Other possible variations for unlocking certain lines of rank or particular commendations. Many other accomplishments are possible so please share any you come up with. If these are commendations, they would need names for the associated Achievements. Or maybe you need the commendation to unlock the ranks? Well, anyway, here goes:

Help capture every ring keep on the day your Alliance crowns a new emperor.
Help successfully defend the last ring keep when your Alliance has emperor.
Defend every keep in Pact territory once.
Defend every keep in Covenant territory once.
Defend every keep in Dominion territory once.
Defend every keep in Cyrodiil once.
Capture every keep in Pact territory once.
Capture every keep in Covenant territory once.
Capture every keep in Dominion territory once.
Capture every keep in Cyrodiil once.
Defend every resource in Pact territory once.
Defend every resource in Covenant territory once.
Defend every resource in Dominion territory once.
Defend every resource in Cyrodiil once.
Capture every resource in Pact territory once.
Capture every resource in Covenant territory once.
Capture every resource in Dominion territory once.
Capture every resource in Cyrodiil once.
Defeat 10 enemy players from each rival alliance in 20 minutes
Defeat 20 enemy players from each rival alliance in 20 minutes
Defeat 30 enemy players from each rival alliance in 20 minutes.

Edited by tinythinker on September 16, 2014 5:21PM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I say give players that are high in the PvP ranks tiny buffs. just a little.
    Edited by Cody on September 17, 2014 12:23AM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Sure, especially if there are some extra criteria for reaching those ranks.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yea extra criteria is probably needed since the players camping suicide spots and such tend to gain ap at a rather fast pace for little to no effort.

rip decibel
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good ideas though.

rip decibel
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

Yea extra criteria is probably needed since the players camping suicide spots and such tend to gain ap at a rather fast pace for little to no effort.

Yeah, that and people getting bored were the motivation for adding extra requirements to unlock certain ranks.

And I took those lists of potential requirements, cleaned them up, and showed what they might look like as achievement you can unlock.
    Edited by tinythinker on September 17, 2014 6:49PM