The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 210 Cannot download manifest

Lordballak69
Lordballak69
✭✭✭
Been happening all morning.. the repair button shows up.. but when clicked nothing happens.. i have reloaded and have restarted.. still Not Working!!
  • Sephirajo
    Sephirajo
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having this problem to. I can't download the patch manifest and it won't let me play or anything.
  • Sephirajo
    Sephirajo
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Have you tried disabling avast or similar programs? THat fixed it for me.
  • GinJa_NinJa
    I was having the same issue, a quick search of the forums led me here as this was the newest post. A few posts down I found a solution! Game works fine now. Hope this helps. :)
    Hello all,

The Patch Manifest error (Error 209 and 210) occurs when a game client has not updated correctly or the launcher can not determine the version. The result is that the typical patch from one version to the next will not work. You should first try to set the program to run as administrator:

1. Run As Administrator
    • Right-click on the launcher icon
    • Select "Properties"
    • Choose the "Compatibility" tab
    • Check the box that says "Run as Administrator"
    • Click Apply and OK. Try to run the game.

If you are still experiencing trouble try the following:

2. Repair the Game Client

If the "Play" button reads "Install":
      Click the install button and start downloading Once the download begins, shutdown the launcher Restart the launcher Expand the Game Options menu (Cog wheel located above the News Feed) It should say "Updating..." Under that it should say Cancel. Click Cancel The expanded tab should now change to include "Repair." Click repair, and wait for it to finish.

If "Play" button reads "Install or Update" during the download process:
    • Expand the Game Options menu (Cog wheel located above the News Feed)
    • If the tab says "Installing…," restart the launcher
    • the tab says "Updating…," click Cancel
    • The expanded tab should now change to include "Repair." Click repair, and wait for it to finish.

The repair process will go through a loop of verify --> download --> verify until all the files are repaired. The progress bar will therefore go from 0 to 100 multiple times before it finishes. It is possible that the system will need to download large files.

3. Delete Patcher Program Data Files:
    • Navigate to the Patch's install Folder (by Default located at C:\Program Files (x86)ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • Locate and Delete the "ProgramData" Folder
    • Restart the Launcher
    • The Launcher should now display "Creating Download." This is normal as the launcher begins the regeneration process. It can take anywhere between 21-30% before the launcher switches to "Downloading Game Files"
    • Try to run the the client

4. 15 - 20 Minutes Wait:
    • Once the "Patch Manifest Error" reveals itself, click "OK"
    • It will sit for about 15-20 minutes show "Patch Manifest" or "Error 209". Play button will be unusable at this time (gray).
    • After 15-20 minutes, Play button becomes blue and will launch as normal.

If you are still encountering the patchmanifest error after trying all of the above steps, please contact our Customer Support team with your Game Consultant for further assistance.

• lightboy.joseb16_ESO
    And I wonder...

Why do I have to download 18Gb after hitting repair after a patchmanifest error? Oh wait, yeah... to see the webget request fail.

This is a mess.

"So much to do, so little time..." :(
    "Shalu... Sahlu.... hello" :D
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering I'm only seeing this message on the EU server and not the NA or PTS server, I'm not going to uninstall ***! It's not on my end!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

If all the steps that GinJa_NinJa shared are not working, you can also directly check if all the updates are correctly installed :
    - Manually update your launcher. Details on how to do this can be found here.

- If the above step do not resolve your issue, please try the following:
    • Open the game installation directory “Zenimax Online” 
    • Open the folder named “Launcher”
    • Inside the “Launcher” folder, there is a folder named “ProgramData”
    • Delete the “ProgramData” folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click “Play”

@lightboy.joseb16_ESO, the "repair" option is checking every files from the game. If during the repair, the launcher is installing something, it's probably because the game didn't get these files in the first place. A repair can be a long option, but worth a try.
    Also, the "webget request fail" can be solved by following this article.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • gardenia.ren67ub17_ESO
    I have tried all of the recommended "fixes" for this, gave up, uninstalled the game, did a fresh reinstall, got about 70% through the download, and got the "webgetfailed" error again. What gives?

Last big patch I had to uninstall and reinstall because of the 210 error since none of the recommended fixes did anything. For some reason, even wiping everything and starting over this time doesn't help. I am so frustrated right now.
  • Bringen_DaPayne
    Bringen_DaPayne
    Soul Shriven
    same here. been trying for three days to download this
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @‌Bringen_DaPayne,

If you already tried all the steps above, here are a couple of steps you can take to solve this problem:
    - Ensure that you have The Elder Scrolls Online added as an exception to your Firewall and Anti-Virus software to help your machine connect.
    - Configure your router to open the following outbound ports:
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    • TCP / UDP Ports 49100 through 54000

If the issue persists, please submit a ticket by copy/pasting this link into a new tab or window: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post