Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My thoughts on ESO PvP (PvP Rank 36)

• Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaRae wrote: »
    Makkir wrote: »
    I am posting out of curiosity. I have been playing more actively on Thornblade around prime time hours (7 or 8pm EST) and I have crashed maybe 6 times over the week. But it's never a 45 minute ordeal. If I have the lag crash (All other characters are holding still) I just ALT F4 out and relog back in. The longest queue I have been in was literally 6 seconds. Maybe I am just lucky.

Also, is this Krim guy the one we were all reporting for cheating/hacking all week?

If you're closing the game through task manager you should be able to get back into Cyrodiil as though the game crashed itself and gives you a small window to re-log without going through queue again. With the memory leak going on I just run task manager on my second window, when I see eso get to 3-ish gigs I just quit it when safe to do so and quickly relog. It's a pain but better than the inevitable crash during a fight.

One of my 3 Siberian huskies is named Luna and I love her more than anything in the world...so therefore I now love you more than anything in the world.
    You're welcome!
  • Boomjackal
    Boomjackal
    ✭✭
    Well said couldnt agree more, would also like to see some smaller scale pvp in the game as cyrodil does test you paitence with constant issues and doesnt really test you individual player skill.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find the 10-15FPS in keep sieges to be more annoying, but the crashes certainly aren't helping anything.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of computers are you guys running, my fps never drops and I've never crashed in pvp. been in many many sieges .
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hadria wrote: »
    What kind of computers are you guys running, my fps never drops and I've never crashed in pvp. been in many many sieges .

AMD Fx-6300 @4.2ghz
    Nvidia GTX 660x2 in SLI
    16GB 1600mhz ram (32-bit app so who cares)

I know PvP is very CPU bound, but going down to the teens stinks. I'd be fine with high 20's, low 30's for PvP. I get a steady 55-60 everywhere else.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Vampiresbane
    Vampiresbane
    ✭✭
    If you would have told me that 4 months in, PvP in ESO would have dribbled down to a single campaign, I would have laughed you out off Teamspeak.

But with the utter lack of good measures taken to help AvA and some downright stupid moves (getting rid of the original campaigns? Why on gawd's green earth? EU had 3 great campaigns going: Auriel's Bow, Bloodthorn, and Wabbajack. Now we have 1. Getting rid the quest to kill 20 random players? Why? Now we have to kill just dragonknights or just nightblades? There's no point to either of these changes.)

I've said it time and time again, Zenimax seems to not have learned from all the mistakes of mmos of the past and is looking to repeat every...single...one...

Don't fix what isn't broken.
    Ban the crap out of exploiters and cheaters.
    Don't merge campaigns when you don't have to.
    Fix issues with the game engine that is harming gameplay ruthlessly (memory leaks, fps drops, etc.)
    Balance what has been broken from the start of release (Werewolves and nightblades are terribly underpowered, Vampires are still overpowered. Dragonknights are STILL the best class.)

These aren't new concepts folks.

Camelot Unchained can't come quickly enough. By the way if you're a EU guild interested in playing on the NA servers come CU launch, contact me. That's our plan and I'd like to pull some guilds with me.
    Edited by Vampiresbane on August 15, 2014 5:17PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    Hadria wrote: »

AMD Fx-6300 @4.2ghz
    Nvidia GTX 660x2 in SLI
    16GB 1600mhz ram (32-bit app so who cares)

I know PvP is very CPU bound, but going down to the teens stinks. I'd be fine with high 20's, low 30's for PvP. I get a steady 55-60 everywhere else.

That FX6300 ... That is compariable to mid range 3.0 mhz I3 Ivey Bridge gen... with this game... I use to love AMD I still sport the old 965 AMD oced to 4.0... So yours is better then mine ... I cant really upgrade my 460 gtx i will probally hit a bottleneck with my chip plus I think my problem would be my cpu....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    If you would have told me that 4 months in, PvP in ESO would have dribbled down to a single campaign, I would have laughed you out off I Teamspeak.

But with the utter lack of good measures taken to help AvA and some downright stupid moves (getting rid of the original campaigns? Why on gawd's green earth? EU had 3 great campaigns going: Auriel's Bow, Bloodthorn, and Wabbajack. Now we have 1. Getting rid the quest to kill 20 random players? Why? Now we have to kill just dragonknights or just nightblades? There's no point to either of these changes.)

I've said it time and time again, Zenimax seems to not have learned from all the mistakes of mmos of the past and is looking to repeat every...single...one...

Fix issues with the game engine that is harming gameplay ruthlessly (memory leaks, fps drops, etc.)
    Balance what has been broken from the start of release (Werewolves and nightblades are terribly underpowered, Vampires are still overpowered. Dragonknights are STILL the best class.)

Camelot Unchained can't come quickly enough. By the way if you're a EU guild interested in playing on the NA servers come CU launch, contact me. That's our plan and I'd like to pull some guilds with me.

We have lost a lot people of lack of knowledge and bad knowledge being spread like you as well

1. They didn't remove the kill 20 players, they just added the class ones, you can do all 5 daily, gives you a random one till your done done with all of them.

2. Night blades are underpowered.. This is just funny are amazing, really one of the classes want more of in your group.

Talk about the crashes all want but don't talk about thinks you don't understand please.
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
    Palatine Grade 2 [PvP Rank 36] - Former Emperor
  • NorthernFury
    NorthernFury
    ✭✭✭✭
    2. Night blades are underpowered.. This is just funny are amazing, really one of the classes want more of in your group.

I LOL'ed at this one as well. People ask for NB all the time for trials, and they get more than their fair share of kills in PvP.
    Edited by NorthernFury on August 15, 2014 6:45PM

Skadi Storm-Blade - VR14 Altmer Sorcerer
    Brynnhild Valkyrja - VR12 Nord DragonKnight
    Haakon Hardrada - VR12 Nord Templar
    Sanguine's Tester (retired)

Cattle die
    kinsmen die
    all men are mortal.
    Words of praise
    will never perish
    nor a noble name.

- The Havamal
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I mean it was pretty obvious with all the unreasonable complains that they were going to get over buffed, I'm sure they they will still get buffed more.
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
    Palatine Grade 2 [PvP Rank 36] - Former Emperor
  • Strakand
    Strakand
    ✭✭✭
    If you would have told me that 4 months in, PvP in ESO would have dribbled down to a single campaign, I would have laughed you out off Teamspeak.

QFT

I don't know how or why they are announcing 1.4 when there are still so many issues to address. The player dropoff in PVP has been insane, and it is directly due to the issues that they aren't fixing or the bag of bugs that comes with each patch.

I will readily go without new content in order to get the game in better working order. The lag and crashes are wearing me down, and I have a much higher patience threshold than many of my gaming counterparts.
  • McDonuts
    McDonuts
    Strakand wrote: »
    The lag and crashes are wearing me down, and I have a much higher patience threshold than many of my gaming counterparts.

Same here. I joined my brother in the Archeage beta test last night, and while the graphics are crude by comparison and they lack a mouslook toggle (aside from holding right-click permanently), I already find it more enjoyable. No broken quests or bugged skills (granted I only got to level 10), and I can change out my skill sets until I find a combo that works good for me . I haven't checked out the PvP yet, and feel kind of strange going back to tab-target system.

I will most likely keep my ESO sub going until Archeage releases, but only because my wife still plays and I have nothing else I'm really interested in trying. If they turn things around, and Archeage PvP isn't more engaging, I will give it some more time.

Oddly, I wasn't really interested in ESO at first, and she had to prod me. Then at level 20, I tried out PvP, and became hooked! Unfortunate for my wife, as I powerleveled to mid 40's and then spent most of my play sessions PvPing, instead of leveling alts with her. However, since update 1.2.3 (or whenever the first FPS issue hit), I've been losing more and more interest in PvP (and would rather mod up Skyrim than PvE in ESO), and most of my friends stopped long ago.
    Edited by McDonuts on August 15, 2014 8:00PM
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    Get over that people glitch through closed gates? Hmm ok. Character or lack thereof revealed. I agree with the OP; however, I'd like to also see blatant cheating prevented as well. That way, no empower could mistakenly port into an illegally place FC and be mistakenly accused of cheating. We wouldn't want that to happen now would we? Not sure why people would argue with this. It protects the innocent! Hope you enjoyed your short stay in our ts.

;)

Your awesome dude!
    Edited by krim on August 15, 2014 8:13PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Spawn wrote: »
    If you would have told me that 4 months in, PvP in ESO would have dribbled down to a single campaign, I would have laughed you out off I Teamspeak.

Talk about the crashes all want but don't talk about thinks you don't understand please.
    I Wish my cloak did not bug out over half the dang time. Would be nice:/
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »

Nooky, you're a bow using Nightblade right?

That is why your darkcloak is "bugging out" over half the time, because you're applying dots via Bow.

Dots will knock you out of stealth if they damage the target.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is why your darkcloak is "bugging out" over half the time, because you're applying dots via Bow.

I wish that was the reason.

iv had it simply not work quite a few times. in fact, one incident almost got me to just stop using it. I was in a battle, and I was trying to use cloak to escape, but it would not work, and, it got me killed. I did not fire even one shot that whole time. Nothing like that has happened lately, but I have also been playing alts the past few weeks. maybe it got fixed. I hope it did.

Edited by Cody on August 16, 2014 4:56AM
  • Renuo
    Renuo
    ✭✭✭

The dots from bow don't knock me out of cloak anymore but enemy dots do often.
    Dark Renuo - Nightblade - Daggerfall Thornblade
    Nightblade PVP - https://www.youtube.com/user/renuoz
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaRae wrote: »
    I am posting out of curiosity. I have been playing more actively on Thornblade around prime time hours (7 or 8pm EST) and I have crashed maybe 6 times over the week. But it's never a 45 minute ordeal. If I have the lag crash (All other characters are holding still) I just ALT F4 out and relog back in. The longest queue I have been in was literally 6 seconds. Maybe I am just lucky.

Also, is this Krim guy the one we were all reporting for cheating/hacking all week?

If you're closing the game through task manager you should be able to get back into Cyrodiil as though the game crashed itself and gives you a small window to re-log without going through queue again. With the memory leak going on I just run task manager on my second window, when I see eso get to 3-ish gigs I just quit it when safe to do so and quickly relog. It's a pain but better than the inevitable crash during a fight.

One of my 3 Siberian huskies is named Luna and I love her more than anything in the world...so therefore I now love you more than anything in the world.
    You're welcome!

Huskies! I have a malamute named Belit! Artic dogs represent!
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all,

I've spent a decent amount of time in cyrodil since the last beta weekends, so I feel comfortable giving my opinion on the PvP side of the game.

At this point, to me, the end-game PvP in ESO is unplayable. It's not because of overpowered this/overpowered that. It's not because of flavor of the month builds or tactics. It's not even because of the aoe caps.

The end-game PvP of ESO is unplayable, to me, for an issue that shouldn't even be an issue in 2014.

It crashes, all the time, without discrimination.

AD, DC, EP
    High end PC to low end PC.
    Mac User to Windows User.
    It affects all of us, equally.

Sure there's that 1-3% it doesn't hit quite as hard. But I don't really want to hear it when most every single one of your hardcore community members is building resentment and frustration by the "45minute PvP crash window interval"

FPS Issue with Interior Lighting Patch killed 75% of the good pvpers. How much is this crashing going to take with it?

My advice Zenimax. Clean house, fire at will, take out the checkbook, hire some top tier pros in whichever avenue of video game design you need for however long you need, and get this ship back on track.

Myself and another Palatine(r36) on the DC side agreed nothing is worse than wasted potential. Don't let the entire gaming community down. We would be very disappointed.

Continually hopeful,

-Permared
    -Alacrity
    -PvP Rank 36
    NA

I still think bat DK is OP tho.....