Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 318: To Many Messages (EU Server)

Swampster
Swampster
✭✭✭
Just got this error, and booted from the server. It said something like Stop posting so many messages as it's considered spamming.

For the record, I wasn't posting anything... oh and for about 20-30 seconds prior to that, I got some tremendous lag spikes/packet loss..
Swampriel - Nightblade (Archer Build) - Ebonheart Pact - Veteran
Swampess - DragonKnight - Eboheart Pact - Lowbie Faceroller
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the lag catching up with the server. Happens all the time. :)
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    Never happened to me before :(

But the amount of lag spikes I'm getting to this EU server is making the game unplayable almost :(
  • Onesixty
    Onesixty
    This happens to me currently, I believe its due to animation canceling for me.
    I begin combat and a few seconds later all my skills are inactive i can still chat, then later kicked for message limit.
    Sent a ticket in and told to wait for a fix soon. Jumped on the forums yesturday to see if this happens to anybody else and I could only find this April thread with no answers either
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64933/kicked-for-message-rate-limit-what-the
  • Jermu73
    Jermu73
    ✭✭✭
    Yes there is something wrong on server side. I get this message about 5-6 times yesterday and game randomly freezes (i can move but nothing else) 1 to 10 seconds at time to time. Never happend this before. Btw my ping is below 50 ms now after moving to EU.
    Edited by Jermu73 on August 1, 2014 4:13AM
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sadly yet another well known and oft-reported problem which has existed since the game's release that ZOS haven't/can't fix.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on August 1, 2014 6:26AM
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    Well if it ain't fixed I'm sadly going to have to get my gaming fix elsewhere.. last night was just an abject lesson in frustration for me with skills not working, nothing happening for many seconds once I've started a fight, then bam.. server catches up, and I'm dead.. it might have been tolerable (just about) when levelling 1-50, but at VR levels, several seconds worth of lag spike = dead more often than not.

• ZOS_YigaelK
    ZOS_YigaelK
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reports.

Please make sure to disable all Add-Ons if you're experiencing this issue and contact our Customer Support Team if the issue persists.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reports.

Please make sure to disable all Add-Ons if you're experiencing this issue and contact our Customer Support Team if the issue persists.

NoooOooOOooooOooOooOOOoooOo.
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm rock and hard place.. unplayable due to lag spikes or unplayable due to a duff UI and lack of features (without addons). Though why they should suddenly start causing problems now...
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭
    I had this last week I think. Due to lag ... too many new instructions build up on the client side, and when the server suddenly gets them all at the same time, it fires the rate-limiter check.
  • Onesixty
    Onesixty
    Thanks for your reports.

WyndStryke wrote: »
    too many new instructions build up on the client side, and when the server suddenly gets them all at the same time, it fires the rate-limiter check.

More helpful than the zos reply. Has nothing to do with addons.

• dividee
    dividee
    Soul Shriven
    The problem is definitely server-side. When I'm in a group those 5 to 10 seconds "world freezes" happen to everyone in the group at the same time. My groupmates are in a different country using different providers, and some are not using addons. I got Error 318 twice after those events (out of ten or so times).