The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Refund Materials For Sets (if they go live)

• Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    applaud
  • Limitless
    Limitless
    ✭✭✭
    Limitless wrote: »
    or just unsub.
    This seems like something I'd want to avoid if I was running a game that was already struggling, especially when there are so many simple, no-downside solutions available.

This game has so much in store for the future I honestly don't see it going down the drain at any time, especially with all the improvements that are constantly being shelled out.

Users aren't entitled to things like refunds for mats, that's plain ridiculous in my opinion and I have everything at yellow as well. When the patch comes in I'll do the research for my next couple sets that I'll use, and since Zenimax has given us the fair warning of what's to come I can prepare now for when the sets come out to upgrade what I want.

Prepare now, upgrade when it comes out. This has nothing to do with fairness, this is a game where enough time has passed by for anyone who has a v12 character should be able to craft their own sets, and obtain the items no problem.

Ebonheart Pact
    The Red Sun: Templar
    Arch-Mage Zeus: Sorcerer
    Ethereal Flame: Dragonknight
    Silent Edge: NightBlade
    Join my guild; The Red Sun Republic today!
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Limitless wrote: »
    this is a game where enough time has passed by for anyone who has a v12 character should be able to craft their own sets, and obtain the items no problem.
    They did craft them, using the materials they've gathered in this "enough time," but unfortunately now their materials are essentially being deleted.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, this is my first MMO and I'm finding all the changes that happen with updates very unsettling, just as soon as you get yourself into a rhythm BAM, everything changes. I'm not complaining though, I've just put this as one of those things that happens with an MMO, I'm not blaming ZOS for the changes, the way I see it the game can only do one thing, continually morph as it goes along it's merry way, whatever that will be. If I made some gear and the gear changes for the worse, yeah, that's not good. But what if it goes the other way? Do I complain that my gear has got an uber buff?

I could give you specifics that have effected me, some of them are my own fault with poor decisions and so forth, but I've treated that with "Oh well, live and learn" and that pretty much sums up my first MMO experience.

It's a steep learning curve for someone that hasn't done this type of thing before, I don't have the WoW experience where (so I've read) the game changed a lot from the release to where it is now, but requesting a refund for mats? And yes, I've recently made some sets and turned them yellow, and yes it does effect me in a negative way. Truth be told I'm looking for advice on what to do with the next set I craft for my main character.

I can understand why some people are upset, I'm not blind to that idea. But really, does it matter? Mats aren't that hard to get, and for the crafters out there, this will only boost the economy would it not?
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I farmed up about 150 Silverweed in an hour and a half, and refining that got me two Dreugh Wax. I'm not into Void Bloom yet, so for argument's sake let's say Void Bloom provides Dreugh Wax twice as much as Silverweed (which is absurdly in favor of the "materials ain't hard to get" crowd).

I'd need 128 Dreugh Wax and 16 Rosin for two sets of gear which, under these already-inflated numbers, would take (assuming Rosin extracts at the same rate) 20 hours of doing nothing but farming materials. This is about a full week's worth of game time for the average player. That's not even counting the 16 Kuta, which is incredibly difficult to farm.

But since you've obviously found an easier way to farm materials, please mail me 128 Dreugh Wax, 16 Rosin, and 16 Kuta. Thanks.
    Edited by Maverick827 on July 22, 2014 1:00PM
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont believe this thread is relevant any longer. They are reverting most of their changes on the sets. Check out the 1.3.1 patch notes.
  • ShiftControl
    ShiftControl
    ✭✭
    No company would do this . I said it in an other thread, either ZoS will doit.
    They know if they do such a thing they will loose lots of subs reputation etc.
    So here is the new update posted in an other thread
    both sets slightly changed and not USELESS to the spec we run.
    in regard they will be no refund bc is not needed if you look at the stats they made it better(?) set bonus will be similar to stam based models so I assume
    the 5 pc set will add an other 4% of crit in one of the set prbly some extra magika in the other set. so you will have +2% spell crit , or maybe loose 2%
    see : http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/121494/pts-patch-notes-v1-3-1/p1
    But it is still in PTS things could be changed again.

Twilight’s Embrace: Updated the set piece bonuses on this set:
    3 piece bonus: Increases Spell Critical by 4%
    4 piece bonus: Increases spell power

Willow’s Path: Updated the set piece bonuses on this set:
    2 piece bonus: Increases maximum magicka
    3 piece bonus: Increases Spell Critical by 4%
    4 piece bonus: Increases health regeneration
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What stamina based models increase healing received or give 15% regen to all regen stats in combat?