The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AD is practically nonexistant in Goldbrand

hammer_fella
hammer_fella
✭✭✭
As of this moment the AD leaderboards show a grand total of 33 players, only 8 of whom have more than 10,000 points.

Meanwhile, Red and blue take turns farming emp

What an embarrassment. There are at minimum 200 enemies for these 33 mostly inactive AD to tackle, though surely more.

ZOS -- If you can't manage player population better than this then just close the campaign already you incompetent fools.
Edited by hammer_fella on June 30, 2014 2:10AM
Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
Daggerfall Covenant
Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
Ebonheart Pact
Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree to your sentiments, but tell ZOS they are "incompetent fools" probably isn't going to help your cause, if anything you might get yourself a warning within the forum.

The bottom line is, you aren't going to find to many yellows moving over if the populace is to heavy in either faction as the chances of emp would be few and far between.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    um don't ad have like 4 campaigns completely locked down already? go to one of those? even for you insane overpopulated numbers I think locking another down would stretch you pretty thin.

to EP its our only "buff campaign" which is a *** mechanic and shouldn't be in the game (HEHE HOME HERE GUEST IN REAL PVPPPPPP AND FOR TRIALZ)

AD have plenty
    Edited by Laura on June 30, 2014 5:11AM
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    I agree to your sentiments, but tell ZOS they are "incompetent fools" probably isn't going to help your cause, if anything you might get yourself a warning within the forum.
    If I thought being polite would have any meaningful effect on how ZOS handle their business then I would be, but alas, I have reached the point where my frustration is such that I no longer really care.
    Laura wrote: »
    um don't ad have like 4 campaigns completely locked down already? go to one of those? even for you insane overpopulated numbers I think locking another down would stretch you pretty thin.

to EP its our only "buff campaign" which is a *** mechanic and shouldn't be in the game (HEHE HOME HERE GUEST IN REAL PVPPPPPP AND FOR TRIALZ)

AD have plenty
    I'm not interested in running with a zerg or just homing somewhere to get the buffs. Nor am I asking to 'lock down" Goldbrand. What I want is enjoyable, competitive, smaller scale PVP, which requires some level of population balance. I don't necessarily want us to own the map, but when there is one alliance with so few players as to essentially be irrelevant then the Alliance War clearly is not functioning.

Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Ebonheart Pact
  • Miraculous
    Miraculous
    ✭✭
    ^^^ I completely agree, hammer_fella. I'm actually looking to Goldbrand as well, but I am Ebonheart. Daggers have locked the place down for the past week and it doesnt look like it'll get any better. Perhaps you could ask your guilds to join Goldbrand? I'm trying the same for Ebonheart. There should at least be a fair figbt for 2 of the alliances.

I just wish the gamemakers would put a population limit on the servers. Perhaps vary them so that some servers are zerg and others are small. Each server seems to have something wrong with it, and it needs to change.

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammer, I'll put my money where my mouth is, I'll move to Goldbrand and help out if help is needed. Of course I'm only one person but it's one more player that campaign didn't have before.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AD have plenty

Actually no, AD pushed all-in on Wabba (controls) and Dawnbreaker (competitve but underdog). DC controls four of the least populated campaigns and EP controls two. The only lowpop campaign AD controls is Skull Crusher, at least NA side.

As far the buff thing goes, I am actually homed on DB on all three of my vet toons. So whatever buffs I get are what my faction earned.

Anyone guesting with buffs from another campaign is considered one step below me in my eyes, and complete hypocrites, but that is of course my opinion of that.
    Edited by Rylana on July 12, 2014 8:03AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of this moment the AD leaderboards show a grand total of 33 players, only 8 of whom have more than 10,000 points.

Meanwhile, Red and blue take turns farming emp

What an embarrassment. There are at minimum 200 enemies for these 33 mostly inactive AD to tackle, though surely more.

ZOS -- If you can't manage player population better than this then just close the campaign already you incompetent fools.

And that is the problem, i am always there spamming the zone chat for a group that actually wants to do something.

The red have 2 keeps, a resource and a scroll, and no matter what i do or say, no response.

I do not farm, not in ESO not in any other game i every played......never.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

AD have plenty

Actually no, AD pushed all-in on Wabba (controls) and Dawnbreaker (competitve but underdog). DC controls four of the least populated campaigns and EP controls two. The only lowpop campaign AD controls is Skull Crusher, at least NA side.

As far the buff thing goes, I am actually homed on DB on all three of my vet toons. So whatever buffs I get are what my faction earned.

Anyone guesting with buffs from another campaign is considered one step below me in my eyes, and complete hypocrites, but that is of course my opinion of that.

Ad is regularly outnumbered on wabba, I would hardly say we control it. Plus, every time I'm on there, DC and EP are assaulting us at the same time. Last night it was at the same keep (no I'm not saying there was collusion, that's just where all the action was at.)
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    Miraculous wrote: »
    Perhaps you could ask your guilds to join Goldbrand? I'm trying the same for Ebonheart.
    It's difficult to convince people to come to a losing campaign, especially when there isn't really any player base there to begin with. Many people prefer to home on a campaign where their alliance controls everything so they get the buffs.
    Hammer, I'll put my money where my mouth is, I'll move to Goldbrand and help out if help is needed. Of course I'm only one person but it's one more player that campaign didn't have before.
    And that is the problem, i am always there spamming the zone chat for a group that actually wants to do something.
    I'll look for you guys. I haven't bothered even going to GB recently since it has been so dead, but I'll try to make more effort.

I play as Ferawen btw, and Zesty the Cat (top of AD leaderboards atm) can often gather a small group at least. We have been trying to build an AD guild for GB without much luck.

Edited by hammer_fella on July 14, 2014 2:09PM
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Ebonheart Pact
  • mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Miraculous wrote: »
    Perhaps you could ask your guilds to join Goldbrand? I'm trying the same for Ebonheart.
    It's difficult to convince people to come to a losing campaign, especially when there isn't really any player base there to begin with. Many people prefer to home on a campaign where their alliance controls everything so they get the buffs.
    I'll look for you guys. I haven't bothered even going to GB recently since it has been so dead, but I'll try to make more effort.

I play as Ferawen btw, and Zesty the Cat (top of AD leaderboards atm) can often gather a small group at least. We have been trying to build an AD guild for GB without much luck.

Ahhh Ferawen lol
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh Ferawen lol

Haha, did I say something funny?

I miss our old rivalry. AD was most often outnumbered but we still had a fighting chance at least, and there were some great battles in those days.

Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Ebonheart Pact
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont get it... you people picked a low pop campaign then complain when all the action is elsewhere?
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    Lowbei wrote: »
    i dont get it... you people picked a low pop campaign then complain when all the action is elsewhere?
    I know reading is a challenge but please give it a try.

I want a low pop campaign, that is not the issue. The issue is imbalance.

Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Ebonheart Pact
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know reading is a challenge but please give it a try.

I want a low pop campaign, that is not the issue. The issue is imbalance.

reading wasnt a "challenge", but its obvious that you arent pvping for a "challenge" while you dodge the real pvp action to pve some keeps on a dead server.
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    reading wasnt a "challenge", but its obvious that you arent pvping for a "challenge" while you dodge the real pvp action to pve some keeps on a dead server.
    What are you even talking about?

I couldn't PvE a keep if I wanted to because there are no AD players on this campaign. I couldn't scrounge up a group of 10 if my life depended on it. And "PvE'ing keeps on a dead server" is absolutely not the experience I want, which you'd know if you'd even bothered to read my comments above.

Do me a favour and stop cluttering my thread with off-topic comments, since you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by hammer_fella on July 14, 2014 11:36PM
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Ebonheart Pact
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm here to clutter our thread and tell you that if you think you will accomplish something by being a complete jerk to just about everybody, you really have no idea what you are doing. Please stop cluttering our forums with this nonsense.

• hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    I apologize if you misconstrued that the purpose of this thread was to "accomplish something."

The purpose of this thread was to point out how horribly imbalanced and amateurishly managed PvP is in ESO.

Frankly, I don't care about anyone's perception re: the tone of my comments, because the reality is that no one in a position to implement change has indicated even the awareness that such change is required, let alone willingness to do so.

I paid for this game just like you did. If I can't at least have my 2 cents, I'd sure like my $150 back.
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Ebonheart Pact
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you folks read the announcements about the planned revamping of the campaigns? The primary goal behind the changes seems to be to get more people playing what will be the new campaigns. Last I read the changes were scheduled for Update 3. There will likely be more details on the specifics and the roll out at the Quake Con panel.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • badsamonger_ESO
    badsamonger_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    In comments to Goldbrand, I joined ~4 days into the campaign after volendrug was taken over by EP and AD trading emperor. Easy solution, move. Then Goldbrand was an emp flipping campaign, but I would help take everything, defend until I had to sleep, and the next day after work it would be red again. A pain, but at least there was PvP.

Now, Goldbrand is all blue. I don't care about the passives. I just want to fight. So when something goes red I go and fight. The problem isn't emp flipping. There's about an equal number of active EP and DC on that server. But the DC is well organized. And the EP don't seem to be. So it's not an unbalanced campaign for EP and DC, just a low population campaign. Two different problems, both of which will hopefully be fixed in Campaign patch.

That being said, EP and AD are more than welcome to come fight us in Goldbrand! I'd love some real AvAvA.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you even talking about?

I couldn't PvE a keep if I wanted to because there are no AD players on this campaign. I couldn't scrounge up a group of 10 if my life depended on it. And "PvE'ing keeps on a dead server" is absolutely not the experience I want, which you'd know if you'd even bothered to read my comments above.

Do me a favour and stop cluttering my thread with off-topic comments, since you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

feel free to play on wabba if you want pvp.
  • badsamonger_ESO
    badsamonger_ESO
    Soul Shriven

feel free to play on wabba if you want pvp.

Disclaimer: I hate this phrase

If you want PvP, zerging, lagfest, and to play against both the most talented and the talentless play on wabba.

Nothing against wabba, but my computer can't handle that many people on one screen. I'll admit there is tact involved in many of the large and small groups on wabba, but I prefer the lower population campaigns (just not too low).

Goldilocks complex, I know.
  • Miraculous
    Miraculous
    ✭✭
    So, I see that Goldbrand Aldmeri are making a comeback. My guild is making an EP push as best we can, but it seems Aldmeri are doing a better job of doing it. Are the instigators in this thread? Because if so, kudos to you. I'll see you on the battlefield.

To those not looking at Goldbrand: it's actually getting more population and fights. I'm enjoying it.
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    edit
    Edited by hammer_fella on July 22, 2014 3:13AM
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Ebonheart Pact