The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VR5 Purple recipe prices out of hand, should be changed to quest or end game raid drop

• Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭
    I've switched from tracking hours to just tracking containers more accurately.

Today wasn't a great day for drops. In 100 runs of 21 containers, meaning 2,100 containers opened, I only got 1 blue crafting recipe.

if your 21 containers are like my 21 containers than it is actually 15-18 containers, since there are usually at least 3 empty.

also, i have noticed that the wayrest bank, for example, where my '21' container spot is, is actually only 19 since 2 desks are always empty. add in 3 random empties and it is actually 16, although i think the actual average number is between 14 and 15.

i do agree with the premise: hours played is largely irrelevant since there can be a huge sway in the rate of containers opened. containers opened is a direct, and i would expect a much stronger correlation to drop rate.

i have seemed to get a better drop rate in off-peak playtimes. i know some games have throttles to slow drop rates if many people are looting a particular item. that may be in play here, or it may well just be the RNG at work.
    Edited by Alephen on July 10, 2014 10:45PM