The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

game crashes when I click play since the download

naturn
naturn
✭✭✭
Since completing the new download, the game crashes and I get a "crash report" box opening every time I click play. The game doesn't open even if I reboot the game or completely reboot my mac, so there is no way to play or otherwise access the game. BTW I have a one year old 27" imac with a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 and 24 gigs of memory.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried Repair feature found under Game Options menu?

Disable ALL addons while testing especially with new Update.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @naturn,

As @Moonraker said, you can try a repair.
    We would also recommand you to check if all game updates are correctly installed on our computer .

To do so, you can manually update your launcher. Details on how to do this can be found here.

If the above steps do not resolve your issue, please try the following:
    • Open the game installation directory “Zenimax Online”
    • Open the folder named “Launcher”
    • Inside the “Launcher” folder, there is a folder named “ProgramData”
    • Delete the “ProgramData” folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click “Play”

Also, if you are using any add-ons, please try to play without them to see if you still get any issue.

If the above steps do not resolve the error, we recommend contacting our dedicated Customer Support team with a copy of your Game Consultant.

Thank you
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the above steps do not resolve your issue, please try the following:
    • Open the game installation directory “Zenimax Online”
    • Open the folder named “Launcher”
    • Inside the “Launcher” folder, there is a folder named “ProgramData”
    • Delete the “ProgramData” folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click “Play”
    There is no such file path for the Mac ESO client install.

If you want to access the ProgramData folder you need to access the Launcher in the Zenimax Online folder using Right Click on the Launcher app then select Show Package Contents then go to;
    Contents/MacOS/ProgramData

The full path is;
    /Applications/ZeniMax Online/Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/ProgramData

And follow the above instructions to delete the folder, close the window, launch the Launcher and try the Update again.
    Edited by Moonraker on July 2, 2014 11:40AM
  • naturn
    naturn
    ✭✭✭
    When I received the email from support and it was the instructions for how to help the situation for ms windows even though I had reported I use a mac, I felt the best thing to do was retry things. Even though I had tried the repair function on the game launcher and it had failed, I tried it again and was very happy to see it work. My problem is solved. Thank you for your advice and consideration.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    naturn wrote: »
    When I received the email from support and it was the instructions for how to help the situation for ms windows even though I had reported I use a mac, I felt the best thing to do was retry things. Even though I had tried the repair function on the game launcher and it had failed, I tried it again and was very happy to see it work. My problem is solved. Thank you for your advice and consideration.
    Glad it sorted things for you.