Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

V1.2.3 API Patch Notes & Change Log

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Updated API Version to 100007

First off, this patch has introduced a few bugs that the development community has been very helpful in addressing. Thanks for your help; we apologize for any inconvenience the issues create. The main bugs are related to displayName not being set properly, which leads to saved variable table corruption as well as some Lua table serialization issues with long strings and improperly escaped character sequences. Both of those issues are in the process of being fixed now, and we hope to take care of them quickly.

While we work on new systems, you’ll notice new, non-functional APIs appear. This time we've been working on some upcoming features for the dye, guild heraldry, guild trader, and chat bubble systems. To support the features of systems that use dyeing, a new control type called TextureComposite was added. It supports rendering multiple layers of textures within a single control for optimization reasons.

Changed Globals
  • Unit reaction types have been changed to remove “dead” and “interact” and instead only include typical reaction types (friendly, hostile, neutral, etc.).
  • The ExperienceReason and VeteranPointReason enumerations have been consolidated into a single ProgressReason.
  • The ItemTypes enumeration has been updated to include some new types and to differentiate between enchanting rune types.
  • Added some new mouse cursor types in support of upcoming features. Some are already usable in-game (for things like Map Panning and Character Rotation).

Added Functions
Player reporting is improved with a new “quick report” feature. Bots and spammers can be reported from chat, mail, and in-world. When a quick report is filed against a player, they're added to a per-session filter that prevents their chat from appearing on your client. The per-session ignore list can be managed with:
  • SetSessionIgnore(playerName, isIgnored)
  • ClearSessionIgnores
  • SubmitSpamReport(userName, reason) can be used to report a player for behavior reasons.

Chat logging got a minor improvement with the following functions (ToggleChatLog has been removed):
  • SetChatLogEnabled(isEnabled)
  • IsChatLogEnabled()

To prevent too many guild store queries in a short period of time, there's a cooldown period on searches. Check it with GetTradingHouseCooldownRemaining(), which returns the number of milliseconds remaining until the next search is legal.

Added GetKeyboardLayout in case the system keyboard type changes. This is primarily a notification function; currently, only generic layout types that match ESO's supported locales are used.

EULA details can now be queried in-game (exciting, we know):
  • message, agreeText, disagreeText, hasAgreed = GetEULADetails(eulaType)
  • HasAgreedToEULA(eulaType)
  • AgreeToEULA(eulaType)
  • HasViewedEULA(eulaType)
  • MarkEULAAsViewed(eulaType)

The mail API has been extended to include:
  • displayName, characterName = GetMailSender(mailId)
  • numAttachments, attachedMoney, codAmount = GetMailAttachmentInfo(mailId)
  • unread, returned, fromSystem, fromCustomerService = GetMailFlags(mailId)

The progression API has been extended to include:
  • xpAmount = GetNumExperiencePointsInLevel(level)
  • vpAmount = GetNumVeteranPointsInRank(veteranRank)

Added/Modified Events:
  • EVENT_DISCOVERY_EXPERIENCE (areaName, level, previousExperience, currentExperience)
  • EVENT_EXPERIENCE_GAIN (reason, level, previousExperience, currentExperience)
  • EVENT_GROUP_MEMBER_IN_REMOTE_REGION (unitTag, isInRemoteRegion)
  • EVENT_LORE_BOOK_LEARNED_SKILL_EXPERIENCE (categoryIndex, collectionIndex, bookIndex, guildIndex, skillType, skillIndex, rank, previousXP, currentXP)
  • EVENT_LORE_COLLECTION_COMPLETED (categoryIndex, collectionIndex, guildIndex)
  • EVENT_LORE_COLLECTION_COMPLETED_SKILL_EXPERIENCE (categoryIndex, collectionIndex, bookIndex, guildIndex, skillType, skillIndex, rank, previousXP, currentXP)
  • EVENT_OBJECTIVE_COMPLETED (zoneIndex, poiIndex, level, previousXP, currentXP, rank, previousPoints, currentPoints)
  • EVENT_QUEST_COMPLETE (questName, level, previousXP, currentXP, rank, previousPoints, currentPoints)
  • EVENT_SKILL_XP_UPDATE (skillType, skillIndex, reason, rank, previousXP, currentXP)
  • EVENT_TRADING_HOUSE_OPERATION_TIME_OUT (responseType)
  • EVENT_TRADING_HOUSE_SEARCH_COOLDOWN_UPDATE (cooldownMilliseconds)
  • EVENT_VETERAN_POINTS_GAIN (reason, rank, previousPoints, currentPoints)
  • EVENT_INPUT_LANGUAGE_CHANGED

Added Controls
TextureComposite: This control type is used to draw several layers of textures in an efficient manner. See API notes for usage details.

Changed Control APIs (and updated XML control layouts):
  • The Texture and Line controls' GetTextureInfo member has been removed and replaced with a more fine-grained API to query individual Texture attributes.
  • Controls that render textures have all had SetPixelRoundingEnabled and IsPixelRoundingEnabled added. Pixel rounding determines how screen-space positioning works for controls. If enabled, the positions of the control's final screen rect are rounded to the next pixel value before being rendered (rather than letting the shader determine which pixels the control covers). This helps reduce jitter for animated controls, sometimes at the cost a legibility/blurriness.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Jess
    Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the post. Better late then never :)

FYI, it seems that GetMapPlayerPosition('reticleover') seems to return all 0 now, instead the position relative to the player:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/113772/getmapplayerposition-reticleover

We are uncertain if that is a bug or anti bot measure. And it might be related to the displayName issue.
    Edited by zgrssd on June 27, 2014 9:52PM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • SkOODaT
    SkOODaT
    ✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    Thanks for the post. Better late then never :)

FYI, it seems that GetMapPlayerPosition('reticleover') seems to return all 0 now, instead the position relative to the player:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/113772/getmapplayerposition-reticleover

We are uncertain if that is a bug or anti bot measure. And it might be related to the displayName issue.

thank you for posting that here @zgrssd yes i am wondering very much so few other addons rely on this to work correctly such as range reticule and reticule settings
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, thank you for publishing this! I've updated the wiki at wiki.esoui.com to reflect some of this.

Question, though: What about the changes to the link system? Also, I had one of my add-ons break because GetGameCameraInteractableActionInfo() had an extra return value added...

Still, this is a great start!
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • Sephiroth018
    Sephiroth018
    ✭✭
    Thanks for posting that now. In the future, please post that on patchday, or (even better) before patch day.

I think I may have found an issue with GetTradingHouseCooldownRemaining():
    When browsing programatically through the guild store and using that function, I get an error after 5 (or was it 6? not 100% sure) searches: "Too many searches ...". Even if I add a second to the return value of the function, that error occurs. But if I use a fixed delay of 10 seconds, it works.
    Is there some additional check like only doing so much request in total in some time? Anyways, the function is not really helpful with that bug.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting that now. In the future, please post that on patchday, or (even better) before patch day.

When browsing programatically through the guild store and using that function, I get an error after 5 (or was it 6? not 100% sure) searches: "Too many searches ...". Even if I add a second to the return value of the function, that error occurs.
    We had a simialr issues with GSEE. The function is working perfectly
    It seems as if the timer is just firing too early:
    http://www.esoui.com/portal.php?id=101&a=viewbug&bugid=898
    He used ldtimer. Not sure what it uses at the backend, but maybe "ZO_CallLater" is bugged and fires too early.

Edit: he order zo_calllater to fire after 500 ms, then makes custom logic/rate limitig logic to see wich timer event to raise.
    Edited by zgrssd on June 27, 2014 10:49PM

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Link to chat issues. Reported with screenshoot, but just so it here too:
    When trying to link several items to chat, the last link was cut off:
    Just crafted this: |H1:item:45080:30:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:1:0:0:0|h|h|H1:item:45081:30:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:1:0:0:0|h|h|H1:item:45047:30:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:1:0:0:0|h|h|H1:item:45046:30:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:1:0:0:0|h|h|H1:item:45045:30:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:1:0:0:0|h|h|H1:item:45045:30:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1

If I make a newlien for each link, it becomes more obvious:
    Just crafted this:
    |H1:item:45080:30:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:1:0:0:0|h|h
    |H1:item:45081:30:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:1:0:0:0|h|h
    |H1:item:45047:30:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:1:0:0:0|h|h
    |H1:item:45046:30:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:1:0:0:0|h|h
    |H1:item:45045:30:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:1:0:0:0|h|h
    |H1:item:45045:30:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1

I would guess the new format/lenght of the links is not considered when checking if they can be added to the chat.

• zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I have a small request for information regarding the API:
    Could it be that zo_callLater(function functionToCall, integer delayInMs) is running on/raises the callback (functionToCall) on a seperate thread from the UI Thread since 1.2?

Becaus we have some issues with timers that are most likely a race condition. Race condition requires multithreading. That would be the only function that could be using multthreading. A seperate thread (and maybe even one for each callback fire) for a timer is a pretty common thing right now.
    Edited by zgrssd on June 28, 2014 9:55AM

• Sephiroth018
    Sephiroth018
    ✭✭

When browsing programatically through the guild store and using that function, I get an error after 5 (or was it 6? not 100% sure) searches: "Too many searches ...". Even if I add a second to the return value of the function, that error occurs.
    He used ldtimer. Not sure what it uses at the backend, but maybe "ZO_CallLater" is bugged and fires too early.

Edit: he order zo_calllater to fire after 500 ms, then makes custom logic/rate limitig logic to see wich timer event to raise.

Good to know, at the first glance it really seemed like the new function was bugged. But a possible bug in zo_calllater is even worse, I think.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭

Good to know, at the first glance it really seemed like the new function was bugged. But a possible bug in zo_calllater is even worse, I think.
    @Sephiroth
    The thing is that ld timers is not relying on the call-later for the actuall timer function.
    He just uses it to fire a internal tick event every 500 ms. I would have done something like this with the Update Event. As long as it is called regulary, who calls it should not matter.

Inside that regulary called tick event he does custom checks wich timers callback has to be used (lastraised+timespan>= GetTimeMilliseconds()).
    And I am still butting my head at what is wrong in there. I made two modifications to guard agaisnt race conditions, but the timer callback is still ocassionall raised too early.

• Sephiroth018
    Sephiroth018
    ✭✭

@Sephiroth
    The thing is that ld timers is not relying on the call-later for the actuall timer function.
    He just uses it to fire a internal tick event every 500 ms. I would have done something like this with the Update Event. As long as it is called regulary, who calls it should not matter.

Inside that regulary called tick event he does custom checks wich timers callback has to be used (lastraised+timespan>= GetTimeMilliseconds()).
    And I am still butting my head at what is wrong in there. I made two modifications to guard agaisnt race conditions, but the timer callback is still ocassionall raised too early.

I think I have found the real source of the problem, as I have also seen this with the addon PriceTrader and after digging through both addon's code and watching carefully what happened when, I saw it was always happening when changing the active guild. I also could reproduce that by manually doing a search and then trying to switch the guild while the search button was inactive.
    So, long story short, the search delay now also affects SelectTradingHouseGuildId(int).
    After modifying the code of GSSE to get and use the delay also when switching the guild, it worked (same for PriceTrader)
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I have found the real source of the problem, as I have also seen this with the addon PriceTrader and after digging through both addon's code and watching carefully what happened when, I saw it was always happening when changing the active guild. I also could reproduce that by manually doing a search and then trying to switch the guild while the search button was inactive.
    So, long story short, the search delay now also affects SelectTradingHouseGuildId(int).
    After modifying the code of GSSE to get and use the delay also when switching the guild, it worked (same for PriceTrader)
    The issues is that sometimes ld timer simply fires the timer event when <30 ms have passed. Despite being clearly told to wait 3000 ms (GetCooldown; checked the return value before passing it to the timer).
    If have already tried two anti-race condition measures. But none seems to have worked so far. It still sometimes fires after 30ms when it should not.

• Sephiroth018
    Sephiroth018
    ✭✭
    The issues is that sometimes ld timer simply fires the timer event when <30 ms have passed. Despite being clearly told to wait 3000 ms (GetCooldown; checked the return value before passing it to the timer).
    If have already tried two anti-race condition measures. But none seems to have worked so far. It still sometimes fires after 30ms when it should not.

Strange, that didn't happen for me. But in this specific case it can be easily countered by using a recursive function that checks the remaining delay and calls the Id timer callback function again if the remaining delay is not 0.
  • KaizerXul
    KaizerXul
    ✭✭✭
    This time we've been working on some upcoming features for the dye, guild heraldry, guild trader, and chat bubble systems.

I'm just excited that these things are coming. :D
    "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now *I* am the master."
  • z1ver
    z1ver
    Soul Shriven
    Please let us see the group damage and healing..
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    z1ver wrote: »
    Please let us see the group damage and healing..
    They are still having lag issues. This simple thing would multiply the number of events that have to be reliably and timely transmitted to all clients by the number of group members (2-12). It comes after the bulk of lag issues have been solved, earliest.
    We know they are working on it (the API for this was exposed by accident once or twice). But I asume it is just not ready yet.
    Edited by zgrssd on June 29, 2014 11:54AM

• Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TextureComposite: This control type is used to draw several layers of textures in an efficient manner. See API notes for usage details.

Where can i find these API notes?

I have some questions regarding item and itemlink API. Names are no longer present in itemlinks returned from functions like GetItemLink. I guess this was done to have localized item names in chat, which is good and I hoped for it to be done. But is there a way to get the item's (localized) name in an add-on now?

Or better: could we have an API to extract all available information from itemlinks? I mean not just the numbers contained in the link. Localized item name, actual level* requirement (including VR), quality*, potion attributes, some sort of stacking id**, ...

* itemlink fields marked as Level and Quality on the wiki are not always that. I've seen Blessed Thistle of levels 1, 16; Dreugh Wax of levels 0, 1, 37; and so on, and these items stack. On the other hand potions with the same itemId but different levels don't stack; and their obscure "quality" value somehow determines their VR level and strength.

** I use GetItemInstanceId to decide whether two items would stack, but I'm unable do this with loot before I pick it. Would be nice to get this id off itemlink.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    Where I can found full actual API description?
    PC EU
  • Sephiroth018
    Sephiroth018
    ✭✭
    This is what is currently available. ZOS hasn't published a full documentation...
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    This is what is currently available. ZOS hasn't published a full documentation...
    Thx, I know about esoui.
    It's sad, that ZOS hasn't published a full documentation... =(
    PC EU
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KiriX wrote: »
    Thx, I know about esoui.

Oh, ok, and that is more important then the stability issue for players...how?
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    Thx, I know about esoui.

The keyword is published. They should already have it, not start writing it now. I do have all those issues, and I'm not afraid publishing a documentation would delay proper solution.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    Thx, I know about esoui.

Why do you ask that?

This is the Addon and UI Mod Forum.
    This thread is about the API Patch notes for 1.2.3 and thus the current state of the API.
    Nobody said with one word that the API documentation is more important then anything on the list of known issues. In fact you are the first person to use the word 'important' in this thread at all.

We just would like to have a full API documnetation at it due time. And rather earlier then later.
    Nothing more. Nothing less.