Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ebonheart EU has a level 50 ! [update : And now a VR10 \o/]

• Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rage_Frost wrote: »
    Heard this guy got banned for some type of exploit if you visit their forums he is all b hurt about it sad really oh well o:)
    I hope its true. People like him ruin games.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Hughes
    Hughes
    Every mmo I know of has had people that to to level cap within a day or two. Just because you don't know how someone did something, don't automatically assume they were exploiting.

it is an exploit though, there is no way to reach 50 in ESO without it, even using rings of mara. after 3 days of non stop playing im only level 15. with the rings of mara i might have hit 35 - 40 if I RUSHED, currently.

also, every MMO you know of? so you obviously have not played MMOs for that long, im guessing your first MMO was WoW after the WoTLK expansion.

Ultima Online
    EverQuest
    Dark Age of Camelot
    EverQuest 2
    Vanilla WoW
    WAR

NONE of the above had characters at level cap in the first day, the first week, or hell, even the first few months. Took 2 weeks for the first Legitimate 1-70 character in BC WoW, even.

What happened in this genere we all play in was WoTLK WoW, when Blizzard decided to heavily re-vamp the old world so you could blast through it with ease, so when level 20 would have been a weeks work before, it was now a days work. and WoW kept making it worse. The problem is that EVERY other MMO since that time has attempted to mimic WoW in the speed of leveling, that is what has killed the MMO genere.

Lol what nonsense are you spouting? This whole post is wrong, on many levels. I hit level 60 in vanilla WoW in 4 weeks, and I was not even one of the first on MY SERVER to do it. The world first 60 was a troll rogue named Xenif on the Stormreaver server and it took him 10 days, IIRC. And 1-70 in 2 weeks?! I went from 60-70 in under 48 hours of release, and a Draenei Shaman was 60 in under 4 days, with numerous 70's by the end of week 1.

Also, 3 days of non-stop playing to hit 15 is awful and far from indicative of "average". I have 16 hours /played and I'm level 18, which isn't fast by any stretch of the imagination...

Sorry, on topic: grats to Jake! That is an accomplishment in my eyes.
    Edited by Hughes on April 4, 2014 7:08PM
  • JadedZerg
    JadedZerg
    Just an oversight by the dev team. AoE grinding was a problem in Warhammer online as well if I remember correctly. Either way.

Grats, empty your poop sock and go to school. Your parents will be proud.
  • WL_Slashpaf
    Every mmo I know of has had people that to to level cap within a day or two. Just because you don't know how someone did something, don't automatically assume they were exploiting.

it is an exploit though, there is no way to reach 50 in ESO without it, even using rings of mara. after 3 days of non stop playing im only level 15. with the rings of mara i might have hit 35 - 40 if I RUSHED, currently.

also, every MMO you know of? so you obviously have not played MMOs for that long, im guessing your first MMO was WoW after the WoTLK expansion.

Ultima Online
    EverQuest
    Dark Age of Camelot
    EverQuest 2
    Vanilla WoW
    WAR

NONE of the above had characters at level cap in the first day, the first week, or hell, even the first few months. Took 2 weeks for the first Legitimate 1-70 character in BC WoW, even.

What happened in this genere we all play in was WoTLK WoW, when Blizzard decided to heavily re-vamp the old world so you could blast through it with ease, so when level 20 would have been a weeks work before, it was now a days work. and WoW kept making it worse. The problem is that EVERY other MMO since that time has attempted to mimic WoW in the speed of leveling, that is what has killed the MMO genere.

I didn't see that one...

We know pretty much DAoC, WoW Vanilla and WAR, as the first Europe max level characters were members of our guild ...
    http://www.warlegend.net/historique/
    Edited by WL_Slashpaf on April 4, 2014 8:20PM
    warlegend.net
  • Ravil
    Ravil
    Concrats, to reach vr10 this fast is insane. It needs such a amount of tactic to find the grind places to hit 50 so fast. Every player should play how he wants to, so why u are flaming? Its a competition. if u dont want to be part of this part of the game, its ok ^^.

But i have one Question. im VR3 atm, how u could reach VR10 so fast. 1-50 grind but after that, u get nearly no xp from mobs. Whats ur secret. Would u trade it with us, like pryda does for ginrd places. I would be rly thankful for it, because it needs forever to quests at VR content. Ty ;)
  • Tarelyn
    Tarelyn
    Congrats Jake.
    can i haz ur lowbee stuffs?
    :open_mouth:
  • Firmament
    Firmament
    ✭✭
    edited
    I think I was maybe too .... I think, people should to play as they want. my sincere apologies.
    Edited by Firmament on April 11, 2014 12:17PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody has a serious case of "Look at me!" ... rolleyes.gif

What's next? A selfie in front of the bathroom mirror with duck lips?
    confused24.gif
  • Ravil
    Ravil
    mimimimimi ^^
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations. :)
  • zamiel
    zamiel
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile he's getting pwned in pvp from the first legit 50s due to the severe lack of skill points.

Grinding is great, and many kudos to him for getting to vr10 first. But saying he did it for pvp is rather shorsighted - toons blitzed through content are about 40-60 skill points behind at 50, another 80-120 behind at vr10, and those skill points are way more important than the small bonuses vr10 provides.

So the choice is yours - get a vr10 toon fast, but not so powerful, or get through content legit, but way slower, and have a powerful toon. And to be honest I like this very much.
    Edited by zamiel on April 11, 2014 11:47AM
  • WL_Slashpaf
    Who said "He wanted to be the first VR10 for PvP"?
    I said (we said), he's not going to complain about content because his interest lies only in PvP. I hope you can see the difference.

And I don't know what "legit" is supposed to mean by opposition to his first VR10, but, if I stick to the dictionnary meaning of "legit", his VR10 was perfectly "legit".

Some tips for you also, skills points and VR10 are not the only things that makes you stronger in PvP, stuff does a lot also. So, following you arguments, are we also supposed to wait until we are able to craft a full set of VR10 stuff to ding VR10?

Thanks anyway for your precious advices ;)
    warlegend.net
  • Ezrith
    Ezrith
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind players who speed rush to max level, it's their thing eh, as long as they don't complain after :) Their gameplay changes nothing to mine, as long as they don't grief me with their aoe grinding, keeping me from doing my normal questing. If they are respectful of others and not using an exploit, I don't care.
  • oxygen_boarderb16_ESO
    Cool. Can't wait for someone to post the real first. Achievement completion. lol
    Toktok - Vet8 Orc Templar - 2 Hand, Medium/Heavy Armor Grunt - Blacksmith/Clothier/Enchanter/Alchemist
  • supernickx
    supernickx
    ✭✭✭
    Found a few insta spawn mobs on the way to 50 which I reported ASAP. One even had NPCs help you kill it over and over. Makes you wonder really, is it an exploit or taking advantage of something that shouldn't be there? You be the judge, I guess.

This wasn't done without abusing insta spawn mobs, no chance.

Stuff like this is why no one gives a damn about "fastest leveler" anymore. It's always done via abuse these days. It ceases to be impressive when you didn't really earn it yourself but had it given to you by taking advantage of the system.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I myself am not impressed. I think its ppl like this that had a good part in making PvP into the unbalanced mess it is today. Ppl like this guy are the ones who power grinded to VR12 in just a few days, and proceed to mop the floor with the people that actually experience the content. but to each their own. I wont actually judge