Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ebonheart EU has a level 50 ! [update : And now a VR10 \o/]

• chrisub17_ESO104
    chrisub17_ESO104
    ✭✭✭
    Every mmo I know of has had people that to to level cap within a day or two. Just because you don't know how someone did something, don't automatically assume they were exploiting.

Also, a lot of people are playing this game primarily for the pvp, not the pve. For us, hitting 50 as fast as we can is not a negative, we are not skipping the part of the game we came here for. Our game starts at 50.
  • midnight_tea
    midnight_tea
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see the problem here - we can create 8 characters and nothing stops those who reached lvl 50 to now create another character and do everything in a slow and relaxed pace, visiting and gaining everything they missed the first time - so there's no need for pitying anybody for skipping the content...
  • wolfsnare
    wolfsnare
    I'm so proud of my level 15 to be honest, I have such a good time running around doing quests and exploring and seeing all the scenery
  • illipthgore
    Exploits, plus XP Bonuses. Pretty sad, i been on for a full 24 hours and Im only level 12. Must really suck just skipping everything. Hes gonna be pretty lonely there at 50 with no-one else around. Personally i think a perma-ban would be awesome. This ruins the gaming experience.

How on earth dose this affect you ? Exploiting his knowledge of the game from beta no doubt maybe the only crime but either way it makes no difference to you in any way that I can think of so your either jealous or just a small minded ignoramous.
  • Budnick
    Budnick
    Every mmo I know of has had people that to to level cap within a day or two. Just because you don't know how someone did something, don't automatically assume they were exploiting.

Also, a lot of people are playing this game primarily for the pvp, not the pve. For us, hitting 50 as fast as we can is not a negative, we are not skipping the part of the game we came here for. Our game starts at 50.

or if your are in it for the pvp you can start at lvl 10, but yeah. why start at 10 when you can power lvl to 50. makes sense

• Caduryn
    Caduryn
    ✭✭✭
    In PvP, it does affect me.
  • TC3LL
    TC3LL
    How do you get any enjoyment at all for playing like that? I cant wrap my head around the reasoning there. Doing things at that pace would make life tortuously boring and too much like a task. This guy is like Wam-Bam-Thank You Mam!.....How was it....um..."I don't know".
  • rangerluna375
    The general chat box is flooded with spam offers for gold, and quick leveling boosts (exploits) for a price.

No way this player reached 50 without cheating. No fricken way!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Caduryn wrote: »

Exactly! This is the major reason some of the larger and more famous guilds and players are blitzing through content. Cyrodiil may scale some stats to level 50 for those players below level 50; but it does not scale gear or skills or buffs like potions and food. Cyrodiil does NOT scale players down so a VR 2 player has better stats, gear and buffs than a VR1 player and a VR 5-6 player is significantly more powerful than a level 50/VR1 player. For these players, it's mostly, if not wholly, about PVP in Cyrodiil and becoming Emperor - an accomplishment which 99.9999% of all PVP players will never achieve.
  • illipthgore

that's silly tho you start at lvl 10 and are useless anyway only a 4-5 lvl diff is huge in regards to dmg delt and ability to take some, apart from the HP STM and MG boosts to the 50s everything else is based on player lvl, its a lame system regardless but there is always the option to do what he did but you don't want to play like that and because he does you want him punished ?
  • SilverSage
    yawn
  • Budnick
    Budnick
    LonePirate wrote: »

Exactly! This is the major reason some of the larger and more famous guilds and players are blitzing through content. Cyrodiil may scale some stats to level 50 for those players below level 50; but it does not scale gear or skills or buffs like potions and food. Cyrodiil does NOT scale players down so a VR 2 player has better stats, gear and buffs than a VR1 player and a VR 5-6 player is significantly more powerful than a level 50/VR1 player. For these players, it's mostly, if not wholly, about PVP in Cyrodiil and becoming Emperor - an accomplishment which 99.9999% of all PVP players will never achieve.

so lets waist time by lvling to 50 instead of going into pvp at 10 and earning points to become emperor. I bet the fist lvl 10 to enter pvp has a far better chance of becoming emperor thab the guy waiting to hit 50 to pvp. just saying.
  • Pravus
    Pravus
    ✭✭
    There's no rules saying you can't do this. Grinding mobs with others and especially using the ring of mara will definitely boost up your leveling speed... but like myself and most players would rather level normally by doing quests without grinding.

Also even though you hit level 50, all the quests you skipped and want to go back in return you won't even get anything since they are made for certain levels.
  • saraci
    saraci

agree 100%
  • Asawasa
    Asawasa
    ✭✭✭
    everybody calm down. level 50 is no big deal. the max level is VR10. When you have that then you hit the cap first.
  • Gierolf_Whitecoatb16_ESO

it is an exploit though, there is no way to reach 50 in ESO without it, even using rings of mara. after 3 days of non stop playing im only level 15. with the rings of mara i might have hit 35 - 40 if I RUSHED, currently.

also, every MMO you know of? so you obviously have not played MMOs for that long, im guessing your first MMO was WoW after the WoTLK expansion.

Ultima Online
    EverQuest
    Dark Age of Camelot
    EverQuest 2
    Vanilla WoW
    WAR

NONE of the above had characters at level cap in the first day, the first week, or hell, even the first few months. Took 2 weeks for the first Legitimate 1-70 character in BC WoW, even.

What happened in this genere we all play in was WoTLK WoW, when Blizzard decided to heavily re-vamp the old world so you could blast through it with ease, so when level 20 would have been a weeks work before, it was now a days work. and WoW kept making it worse. The problem is that EVERY other MMO since that time has attempted to mimic WoW in the speed of leveling, that is what has killed the MMO genere.
  • Bayezid
    Bayezid
    ✭✭
    I played most of the Elders scroll games.

Whenever i played them, i had this habbit of exploring the area i am in atm, doing all the quests available at the time and then moving on.

Making the story my priority and level ups the least of my concern.

I do that in ESO and i can rightfully say that it will take me a LONG time to level up.

I won't start PvP until i did most if not all the quests and thoroughly explored all the areas.

I find it sad when someone levels up without a care about the story or whats happening around them.
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    Exploits, plus XP Bonuses. Pretty sad, i been on for a full 24 hours and Im only level 12. Must really suck just skipping everything. Hes gonna be pretty lonely there at 50 with no-one else around. Personally i think a perma-ban would be awesome. This ruins the gaming experience.

How on earth dose this affect you ? Exploiting his knowledge of the game from beta no doubt maybe the only crime but either way it makes no difference to you in any way that I can think of so your either jealous or just a small minded ignoramous.

it effects everyone who plans to pvp. levels 1-49 you will always have the exact. same. stats. in pvp. your armor, your spell resists, your attributes - all the same due to boosting.

level 50 vr1's get the full benefit from their gear, enchants and attributes. they will HAVE MORE than ANY boosted character. they WILL HAVE AN ADVANTAGE.

this alone is why these exploiters need to be dealt with. it's one thing for the streamers who played for 80+ hours straight to finally hit 50. its' another for someone to do it in 17 hours by using a group xp and mob tagging exploit.
  • mkorny
    mkorny
    ✭✭
    btw, yes it was an exploit ofc :) ... i played a LOT on at least 3 betas and didn't get past the 40's, and i'm quite a power-player :)
    -=Tenebrarum=-
    The Shadowlords Society
  • WL_Slashpaf
    To answer to some allegations here :
    - it's not because YOU can't do more than 1 level every 2 or 3 hours that it's impossible to do better. You just don't know how to, and where to grind. So stop trying to justify your lack of knowledge by accusing other of exploit.
    - We (War Legend) will never complain about anything (especially not the lack of content). This is a strict policy!
    - Nobody judges you about your way of playing. You want to explore and spend time reading all the quests? Who cares? Certainly not us, do whatever is good for you, and let us do what we want to.

We did a lot of achievments of that kind. Last one was first 80 in GW2. Everybody, even the GM, called us cheater. Then they realize there was no exploit or cheat, just dedicated players and guild, and they apologies for this :http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/yy07z/congratulations_and_apologies_to_surfeuze_and_war/

Jake Shelton is now VR10, and no, he still didn't exploit a bug, and no he won't complain about the lack of content (which he doesn't care about, because we're pure pvp player)

http://www.warlegend.net/jake-shelton-veteran-rank-10-in-the-elder-scrolls-online/
    Edited by WL_Slashpaf on April 3, 2014 6:48PM
    warlegend.net
  • brad2112
    brad2112
    This will only cause an adjustment to the amount of xp via grinding.
    Rhaegra Zu - 2H Redguard NB - NA
  • charlesbr
    charlesbr
    pvp players? hahahah pvp player that want to get and advantage on the low levels by grinding becouse your pvp skills sucks so you rush trou content to get there first, becouse u cant handle the combat against higher level oponents, and then they win by having better equipment and ggear and start to say that they are the best players and the best guild wow, you win, congratulations, rush to win, wanting to be the first 15 minutes of fame and lost all pleasure of the game becouse dont know how to do it right.

i am doing my great story line and understanding what the game is about, i mean, really? if u want to rush just go play nfs

Just wondering poor woman the ones who stick with those guys, they could be like a rabbit if u understand me .
  • WL_Slashpaf
    k bro, keep it up.
    Edited by WL_Slashpaf on April 3, 2014 7:21PM
    warlegend.net
  • robacooperb16_ESO
    robacooperb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    pretty sad actually.
    - skipping all the content
    - guild effort with griefers and all says a lot about the guild as a whole
    - not something to be proud of at all, but if it is I guess that says a lot too...
    The only negative experience in ESO is those that make it negative.
  • SkOODaT
    SkOODaT
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats but wouldn't it of been nicer to enjoy playing thier so much to do ingame ya must of skipped by ALOT lol
    Ive made it to lv 12 but im going into every corner to get everything i can i really hate coming back later on ...
    Edited by SkOODaT on April 3, 2014 8:31PM
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    17.5 hours.....how is that possible with so much server down time?

just kidding....congrats on grinding only.....with out doing any quests or missions much.....I expect to see your constant spam messages of stupid questions.

Including:
    where is <such and such> creature?
    or
    how do I get to <someplace>?
    or
    I reached level 50 how come there is nothing to do?

And with the usual excuses when you play of:

I ran into <something> I cant beat it in 5 seconds so it must be broken.
    or
    There is only one way to play <this encounter> "insert some BS party group layout of people who couldn't play the game very well at all..because all they did was leave their machine on using a bot for 17.5 hours to farm things"
    or
    How come I cant get <some item or other>? I didn't know I would lose the chance if I out leveled everything.

yep sounds mean....but its going to happen...always does....heck we already have the gold spammers who have tons of gold already....
    exploits and cheats are there...so why not.

• Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    People claiming exploit: you don't know what you're talking about.

People saying they prefer questing: good for you. Jake has already seen it all, so why on earth do you think he would crawl through it again if he prefers to power through and wants to min/max for pvp?

Strange are the people who say cry foul because he plays differently. Isn't "play the way you want" kind of a credo for this game?

Oh and these guys are very good at PvP. I have played alongside Jake. He and his guild often were the only ones in EP able to put up a fight against AD domination.
    Edited by Rainingblood on April 3, 2014 9:24PM
    Phoebe Anderson
  • Rage_Frost
    Rage_Frost
    ✭✭✭
    Heard this guy got banned for some type of exploit if you visit their forums he is all b hurt about it sad really oh well o:)
  • Gremlis
    Gremlis
    ✭✭
    Worst part is they were probably beta testers and never made the game manufactures aware of the exploits they used while they were there under agreement to find and stop before launch.
    Edited by Gremlis on April 3, 2014 9:36PM
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    For people that prefer PvP only why bother with this game. You've better off playing LoL or WoW for that matter if all you wanted to do is kill other players. Even CoD would be a better choice.