The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Damage Meter Addon

• Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FTC does it but only for your own character (which is fine with me)
  • jarededward86
    jarededward86
    Soul Shriven
    I'm surprised that the majority of this thread is against allowing damage meters. No one is going to make you download it. No one is going to make you play the game competitively.
    That being said, it is possible to be good at the game and so it is by nature competitive. Right? Why punish the players who enjoy the competitive nature of gaming just to make mediocre players feel more secure?
    Playing WoW, I very rarely saw any DPS taking criticism because they were underperforming. -and if we're so concerned about protecting people from criticism, who's going to protect the tanks and healers?
    I think it's going to be pretty obvious when we tanks or those few brave healers are underperforming in a group, and I'm pretty sure all the herp-derp DPS will feel no empathy before voicing their opinions about it.
  • Warlordgreebo
    Warlordgreebo
    ✭✭
    whatever it is; the addon as i see it... has too many freakin problems to even be effective.

Try reading the help request for the addon sometime. You will find it does not play well with the game.

So the truth is we are still waiting for something that can fulfill this role as damage meter.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something I noticed immediately was that the meters measure how much damage is actually taken, so your DPS can vary dramatically depending on the defenses and resistances of the mob. It doesn't meter the amount of potential damage, but what actually gets through.

I'd watch my DPS rate swing wildly from 250'ish up to 450'ish depending on what I was fighting. Same level mobs, but cloth wearing archers took damage faster than hvy armor chargers...
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • maximilianianis
    maximilianianis
    Soul Shriven
    well you dont wanna dps metter but how to kill the boss with inrage and die 200 days same boss because you have 3 player in team who dont make the dmg to kill him .... the rest of 9 player spent 200 days adn no kill the boss why need dmg meeter beaseu *** who dont now how to play go play mario i spent 3 days same boss becaseu i have play with no brain kids and no dmg metter
  • maximilianianis
    maximilianianis
    Soul Shriven
    INTEL MEAN POWER , POWER IS ALL
  • CosmicChaos
    CosmicChaos
    ✭✭✭
    Combat Cloud is still my favorite for displaying your personal combat stats. It's simple and unobtrusive. I use Foundry Tactical to track buffs/spell with DoT.
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well you dont wanna dps metter but how to kill the boss with inrage and die 200 days same boss because you have 3 player in team who dont make the dmg to kill him .... the rest of 9 player spent 200 days adn no kill the boss why need dmg meeter beaseu *** who dont now how to play go play mario i spent 3 days same boss becaseu i have play with no brain kids and no dmg metter

someone translate this into english?
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This dude has mad writing skills and will definitely accomplish great things in life!
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently there is no way to track groupwide damage via Addons. And we cannot show more then the HP of others.
    Also addons cannot communicate across clients right now.

Note that the API for groupwide damage events has been around in beta, during Craglorn PTS and shortly after Craglorn went live. But it is currently disabeled.
    Chances are it will come, but it is not yet ready. This will multiply the amount of combat/damage events that have to be reliably transfered between server and clients by the number of group members, so not something that is easy or low bandwidth.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @zgrssd can addons post to chat by themself?
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kililin wrote: »
    @zgrssd can addons post to chat by themself?
    Nope. That was the first thing we checked, of course ;)

They used to be in beta, but for obvious reasons of spam protection that was taken out at release. They can fire emotes directly and prepare chat messages that the user has to commit.
    They can send mail every 5 seconds, if mail window is open.
    And they can write Guild Membernotes and are notified of changes to those, but if you do it too often you get kicked. Addon programmers are warry of using this for guildwide inter-addon communication.

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give plx devs. Immersion is killing the game slowly, but steadily.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • vokage89
    vokage89
    ✭✭✭
    lol ppl cryin about dmg meter cuz its going to kill the exp... you not doing enough dps so that we cannot kill the boss does this for more then just you.

.. im just sayin
  • Mr_Luscan
    Mr_Luscan
    ✭✭
    I play this game to have fun and try to do my best. Note: "My Best", not what any other player thinks my best should be. I use the FTC Addon so I can see how much dmg/heals I'm doing or is being done to me. I could care less how much you are doing, as long as we're all working together as a group.
    But as has been seen here, a lot are those 'L33T" players who think you need to measure up to their standards. All I can say to that is that if I'm in a group with you and you don't think I'm up to your standards, T.F.B.! Just remember that one day I will be just as good, but still wouldn't want to group with L33T players.
    As stated above. Everyone does the best you can do while working as a team and it all works out in the end. And it's also a LOT MORE FUN!!! :] And I've never been asked or kicked from a Group because of, or lack of, my performance.

Maybe the L33Ts should remember that we "Play" a "Game" to have fun! At least I do! :]
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Luscan wrote: »
    I play this game to have fun and try to do my best. Note: "My Best", not what any other player thinks my best should be. I use the FTC Addon so I can see how much dmg/heals I'm doing or is being done to me. I could care less how much you are doing, as long as we're all working together as a group.
    But as has been seen here, a lot are those 'L33T" players who think you need to measure up to their standards. All I can say to that is that if I'm in a group with you and you don't think I'm up to your standards, T.F.B.! Just remember that one day I will be just as good, but still wouldn't want to group with L33T players.
    As stated above. Everyone does the best you can do while working as a team and it all works out in the end. And it's also a LOT MORE FUN!!! :] And I've never been asked or kicked from a Group because of, or lack of, my performance.

Maybe the L33Ts should remember that we "Play" a "Game" to have fun! At least I do! :]

I'm sorry, but this is like playing blind to me. You're using FTC to see how much damage or heals you're doing but you don't care how much someone else does?

Wouldn't you want to know if somebody else playing the same class and the same level is doing twice the amount of damage or twice the healing as you in a dungeon? Wouldn't you want to ask yourself how they are able to get these results?

You say that "one day I will be just as good", but how do you know if you don't have a benchmark or goal to shoot for?

The rest of your argument centers around you having fun and as long as everything works out in the end. You blame the elite players, but this is a very selfish way of looking at things. Sure, you might be having fun, but is it fair if all the other members of your group need to carry you because you don't want to even bother trying to get better? How much fun do you think they're having dying over and over because one member of their team is weak and couldn't be bothered trying to learn?

It's not about elitism... it is about trying to improve and be the best that you can be while still having fun.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I would not mind this.
    More then once in different MMO I kicked players or left groups because they screewed up. Engaging before the tank, not attacking the right target, that kind of stuff. And only after I pointed it out and they continued to be bad groupplayers.

If we are heaving trouble I also like to look at other players gear.
    If you are running around undergeared, then we are going to have a problem (because you are a *** for even grouping with that and wasting my time/gold with wipes). I might be able to craft you something or give you something if you say that in chat.

But I do not like to go through half the dungeon and wipe multiple times just because some was to lazy to write "first time here" or "I am slightly undergeared" into the channel.

Now that I thought and wrote about this, a damage meter does sound like the wrong solution to the right problem.
    Viewing group members gear would be much more usefull then this and much less problematic.
    Edited by zgrssd on June 25, 2014 3:01PM

• Nevaee
    Nevaee
    ✭✭
    Using combat meters in groups resulting to discriminate or kick other players from the group should result in perma ban of all accounts. This is not different in most other MMO´s. No discrimination what so ever. You are not allowed to do this in RL or your workplace either.

Using combat meters for your own stats should be fine.
    In Game EU Guild (German): Grollwerk
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Observation only. We should not be able to see what gear users are playing with if they are not divulging it via their own settings. This would lead to very skewed dungeon running.
  • Thicclady
    Thicclady
    ✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Observation only. We should not be able to see what gear users are playing with if they are not divulging it via their own settings. This would lead to very skewed dungeon running.

That ship has sailed. ZoS decided to show gear and you can even play back peoples movement in combat, and it is very easy to figure out who is who in group even without names. I for one made post about this before live.

So lets embrace it to full extent, please someone make addon to parse encounter log in real time in game.
    Edited by Thicclady on May 23, 2019 12:14PM