Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should they include a 4th level of Armor? (Plate)

• Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Bumping this in the hopes that someone at ESO sees my post-- let's add chainmail as a lower specced "heavy armor" that gives stamina regen.
    Why should anyone use medium armor if you get the same bonuses from chain and more survivability?

Stamina Regen would be the same.

The other passives from Medium would be exclusive for medium-- Chain would have the same passives (block, juggernaut, etc.) as current Heavy Armor.
    Options
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    No
    No.
    Its already Stupid easy to hit the soft cap, and heavy armor 'is' plate.
    If you are going to add anything to armors, it needs to be unarmored.
    Options
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Kemono. More armour styles and looks please, not more tiers.

I love the immersive armour and weapons mods for Skyrim, there's some really nice stuff in there that doesn't look like it walked out of an anime maker's nightmare.

Options
  • TheJadeFist
    TheJadeFist
    ✭✭✭
    Traditionally in TES games plate armor always falls under heavy.
    What's out of place here is cloth getting its own spec line
    Cloth never had its own line, it was just always considered clothing.

In Morrowind, light armor was leathers, furs and glass.

Medium was scale, chain and bone.

Heavy was the iron, steel, dwarves, etc...

In Oblivion and Skyrim all the medium armor went into the light armor category, except for orcish which became heavy.
    But they had to give it a line in this game, so it has some benefits Other wise why use it?

Though they could have called them Robes or Clothing instead of light armor.
    Options
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    And make it useful beyond blocking this time.
    Options
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But "clothing" kind of indicates cosmetic stuff without armour value or bonuses; even though we make our light and medium armour at "clothing" stations. Hmm.

Skyrim, I keep a "clothing" set (crap I get out of those wardrobes and stuff) for bardic perfomances, because it looks dumb to level up my bard skill line in armour and a weapon (it's a mod).

Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. Redundant and unnecessary.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Go back to WoW
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Theyre unable to balance 3 types of armor... you think a 4th would help?
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Opioid wrote: »
    MoMoOG wrote: »
    This is how I would do it if it was implemented. Plate armor gives most defense and defensive passives (for tank). Heavy armor would give next best armor and gives dps passives for MELEE abilities only. Medium armor would gives dps passives only for RANGED abilities. Light remains as it is. This would help alleviate some of the problems melee dps builds are having in being able to survive while maintaining dps when compared to ranged dps builds.

So you're saying that all melee DPS is going to be forced to use heavy armor instead of medium? That makes no sense. A dual dagger wielding rogue-type character shouldn't be running around in heavy armor.

The system works well the way it is. Tanky types get heavy armor, melee and ranged DPS get medium, caster DPS and healers get light. Nothing is stopping a melee DPS from using heavy armor, but they will do less DPS as a trade off for more survivability. I think that's perfectly reasonable.

acutally the system doesnt work. medium and heavy offer no real benefits overlight armor. as evident by the number of dk's that tank in light armor spamming class skills.
    Options
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    No
    The Heavy Armor in this game already looks like plate and already carries enough armor to get you close to/exceeding the armor soft-cap when using a shield and Reinforced trait on a few pieces.

I don't see the point in adding another tier.

Feh you can hit the soft cap using Light and a shield.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    MoMoOG wrote: »
    This is how I would do it if it was implemented. Plate armor gives most defense and defensive passives (for tank). Heavy armor would give next best armor and gives dps passives for MELEE abilities only. Medium armor would gives dps passives only for RANGED abilities. Light remains as it is. This would help alleviate some of the problems melee dps builds are having in being able to survive while maintaining dps when compared to ranged dps builds.

So you're saying that all melee DPS is going to be forced to use heavy armor instead of medium? That makes no sense. A dual dagger wielding rogue-type character shouldn't be running around in heavy armor.

The system works well the way it is. Tanky types get heavy armor, melee and ranged DPS get medium, caster DPS and healers get light. Nothing is stopping a melee DPS from using heavy armor, but they will do less DPS as a trade off for more survivability. I think that's perfectly reasonable.

WTH are you using medium for anyhow lol Light armor is superior by far. If your DPSing in medium armor you will be doing 30% less DPS then someone in light and 50% less then the guy using a staff.
    The system does not work at all actually Tanks wear light armor almost everyone does if you have been doing VR dungeons for awhile, Light is vastly superior you can be way over armor cap in light with one ability and still retain all the magica vrit,regen and recovery. I have a V12 DK in heavy and a VR 5 sorc in light . Sorc is plain and simply better by a large margin then my DK for tanking. my guilds healers actually Prefer my Sorc over the DK for several reason.

I dont wanna burst your Bubble but the game is completely broken for melee in end game . Good news is the devs are aware and they seem to be moving in the right direction very slooooooowly lol. the odd thing is they are fast to act with the nerf bat which made the heavy and medium specs suffer even more.
    Options
  • Deccion
    Deccion
    ✭✭
    No
    Didnt like World or Warcrap then, dont want to play a World of Warcrap clone now. Needless to say, I could care less what WoW had and I certainly don't want to add it just because they had it. If it is that important to you, perhaps you should go back to playing WoW.

I think ESO has done a pretty good job with dividing up the crafting trees and adding a new armor would mess that all up.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. Plate armor can be the actual armor for those wanting true mitigation. Right now they don't have a real good armor type for sustained melee damage not reliant on crits for its damage. heavy armor can take that place while Plate takes the place of full on mitigation armor with very minimal damage output boosting if any.

And right now, the current heavy armor in some race motifs doesn't look "tanky" enough to fill the tank role anyways, such as Primal and Barbaric.
    Options