Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck on molag bal

danielle.westerhofneb18_ESO
Im stuck on molag bal, cant kill him, even a friend that has 2 VR chars cant kill him underr my account, watched all the youtube stuff on it , but still im stuck.

is there another way to get to the VR area's?

after 4 weeks im done with molag and just wanna have some more fun, but cant do much as VR 1

Update. Reflecting worked for me . Didn't know to block the dinosaurs
Edited by danielle.westerhofneb18_ESO on May 21, 2014 10:15AM
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well seems you have chosen wrong set of skills and spells to your char. You need to respec your char with the better players suggested set of skills/spells. Even though it's not how you wanted to play your char. Once you fit in the mold with others you'll have no issues and the game will be easy mode for you.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. get a self heal
    2. go easy on your resources, use alot of powerattacks, those are free
    3. avoid aoes to keep incoming damage at a minimum
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your build? Class/World/Weapon will help a lot for us to provide solutions.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • MichaelD
    MichaelD
    Hold block, when the dragons come... just hold it...
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im stuck on molag bal, cant kill him, even a friend that has 2 VR chars cant kill him underr my account, watched all the youtube stuff on it , but still im stuck.

is there another way to get to the VR area's?

after 4 weeks im done with molag and just wanna have some more fun, but cant do much as VR 1

If you are looking for help, we need more information, your class and weapons of choice for example would be really useful.

A few hints though, that fight is rough and some manner of regenerating your self. I had no reliable self healing spells, so I had to make do with potions.

Second, the dragon phase is easy and it is meant to give you time to breath, heal and regain mana and stamina. All you have to do is hold block, the blue balls of fiery death will bounce thanks to Meridia's blessing and kill the dragons quite easily.

Third, that fight is all about moving properly. As a sorcerer that leveled to vr1 relying a lot on my pets I had a hard time addapting. In the end I was forced to use bolt escape and simply auto attack the boss with my destro staff. The fight took about 10 minutes, but finishing it was incredibly satisfying.

If you need more help beyond that, please give us more information about your character ^^ Maybe some of us have an idea that will help you out.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thinking you are a sorcerer :)

I beat him in first try as one, and was lvl 49 I had really set up my skills for this fight.

First I had at least +20 health potions

then I had two cast bars set up

one with restro staff
    single target dps, and what matters the most rapid regenerations self heal

didn't use this though:
    the other with destruction staff
    massive aoe damage, had planned to use dark conversion if needed

the fight it self, was like 15 minuets, lots of kiting, there is a rock in the fight zone, you can use to kite around and hide for a while, once he jumps double tap out of the red zone
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »

I beat him in first try as one, and was lvl 49 I had really set up my skills for this fight.

First I had at least +20 health potions

then I had two cast bars set up

one with restro staff

didn't use this though:
    the other with destruction staff
    massive aoe damage, had planned to use dark conversion if needed

the fight it self, was like 15 minuets, lots of kiting, there is a rock in the fight zone, you can use to kite around and hide for a while, once he jumps double tap out of the red zone

Lucky you XD

I didn't have potions as I hadn't used them or needed them so much up to that fight.

Half of my bars was occupied by my pets and spells to make them stronger (Yes, I had the pets on both bars! Dest staff and Greatsword). MNy pets would get one shot 10 seconds into the fight... Apparently Meridia doesn't think my pets are worth buffing T_T

I didn't have dark conversion! ( didn't even have points on it >.> )

So yeah... I was left with a lot of running... And bolt escape... and autoattacks from my staff...

Took a while, but I got the damn guy down >.> Helped learning about the dragon bouncing ball trick. It helped a lot.
  • TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭
    This fight was a doddle when I found out you can just walk backwards with a healing staff while spamming heavy attack. You will have to dodge/run a bit at the turnaround points, but it's not seriously hard.

For the dragons, just back up a bit, hold down block and when the fireballs come, keep block down and left click to reflect them. This kills them all in about 15 seconds.

Repeat phase 1 and he's dead in a few minutes.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    TheRealDoc wrote: »
    This fight was a doddle when I found out you can just walk backwards with a healing staff while spamming heavy attack. You will have to dodge/run a bit at the turnaround points, but it's not seriously hard.

For the dragons, just back up a bit, hold down block and when the fireballs come, keep block down and left click to reflect them. This kills them all in about 15 seconds.

Repeat phase 1 and he's dead in a few minutes.

You sure about that reflecting? I only had to hold my shield up and they auto-reflected. Walking backwards with staff was fun too, I could heal if needed and keep my distance when I needed to sprint away from his jump attack. Great fight, don't forget food if you need it.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't get it...was super easy. Throw DoTs on him, whittle him down with light and occasional heavy range attacks, and run around constantly.

I thought the fight was super easy. Bring potions with you to heal, I think I use one, never dropped below 80%. Be sure to use at least a blue food for the fight.

yeah when the dragons/titans appear, just put your back up against something and hold block...super easy.

easiest boss fight in the game with the right tactics. Just keep running, stay out of the red circles, zone WAY out to see.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »

one with restro staff

The above, and blocking the titans/avoiding AoE/move away from his leap, is all you need to beat him.

Takes awhile, but works about every time.

Edited by Yankee on May 20, 2014 12:45PM
  • Commonpain
    Commonpain
    ✭✭✭
    MichaelD wrote: »
    Hold block, when the dragons come... just hold it...

this
    Bhakura wrote: »
    1. get a self heal

and this

Block > Heal > Heavy attack
    Rinse and repeat for about 5-10 min. ---> Win
  • danielle.westerhofneb18_ESO
    tnx for all the tips, i gonna try it :)
    omg guys many tnx, the blokcing helped me alot, didnt know that trick :D
  • Jeseril
    Jeseril
    Soul Shriven
    Im having problems to with Molag Bal -- My class is a Sorcerer -- use Destro staff --just got Res staff on second bar -- Video showed Sorc using a Res staff - going to try that tactic. I know about block on Dinos-- My main problem is my keyboard skills -- Ive never used the motion keys with all the MMOs ive played in the past -- used W and mouse to move around -- I need to be looking at him to block the balls -- double taping keys is a problem for me to -- I need some practice on those skills - ( I know) using auto attack on him would be a help- as I seemt to be running from him and not attacking. Any other tips would help.
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Commonpain wrote: »
    Bhakura wrote: »
    1. get a self heal

and this

Block > Heal > Heavy attack
    Rinse and repeat for about 5-10 min. ---> Win

what you are saying here is, its ok to stand in AOE, whats your character name that runs vet dungeons and later when its out craglorn?
    That is one i DO NOT want to team with.

• LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was surprised how many of my friends didn't know you could block and REFLECT his and his minions ranged abilities. This made killing those giant mobs of dragon minions so easy to clean up, just hold block and bam. Now for when he fires the long range fire balls I was melee so I literally just ran around him in circles spamming rapid strikes (dual wield ability) and light/heavy attacks. It was actually the hardest when he had full HP because all he did was hit me with light/heavy attacks which I can't easily dodge like abilities. I used one potion before he shifted styles. If you're still havin problems update your thread with class/ abilities so we can point out potential improvements and people who play your class can give you class-specific tips! good luck :smile:
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Evilbeauty
    Evilbeauty
    Soul Shriven
    Ok sorry but if your struggling as a sorc then no offence you either need to learn to play or get a better spec or both! I just downed him on my sorc and was 100% health pretty much the entire fight, infact I came out of totally puzzled and felt a bit let down due to it being so damn easy.

Pro tip. Critical surge + inner light are you're best friend.
    I didn't know about the reflecting. But with that it worked. 22 min and he was dead. Got many great tips from here
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a sorcerer I used the restoration staff for self heal, endless furry, crystal shards and silver bolt, the clanfear was a waste.

Died once as I did not know about the blocking.
    Has had harder fights but not longer, just heal up and stay out of aoe and its no issue.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Kryank
    Kryank
    ✭✭✭
    This really was a disappointment for me I think it was too easy I was level 47 in a mix of blue and green gear and he was a bit of a pushover I only used 3 abilities on my Nightblade ranged heavy attack from my restro staff, the aoe heal from my staff and block that was it.

I have attached the video of the whole quest including the Molag Bal fight so you can see what I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXeOtyFqbrc

edited because I couldn't get the video to embed :(
    Edited by Kryank on May 21, 2014 2:09PM
    'I am not entering into a battle of wits with a man who is clearly unarmed'
    Follow My Twitch Channel Or Youtube Channel
    Sneaky Kryank DC NB
    Psyreni DC Sorc
    Kryank Of The Flame. DC Temp
    Kryank Smash DC DK
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    As a sorcerer I used the restoration staff for self heal, endless furry, crystal shards

I still run a resto staff with Regeneration and those other spells on my single (or two) target bar in the VR5 zone. And it still works well for me.

• Klimarov
    Klimarov
    ✭✭✭
    you all make it sound like Molag Bal is so hard to kill, i did him first try without any videos with crappy nightblade spec.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evilbeauty wrote: »
    Ok sorry but if your struggling as a sorc then no offence you either need to learn to play or get a better spec or both! I just downed him on my sorc and was 100% health pretty much the entire fight, infact I came out of totally puzzled and felt a bit let down due to it being so damn easy.

Pro tip. Critical surge + inner light are you're best friend.

Well, see... I agree with you. I play as a sorcerer and I had problems with this fight :p It made me realise my spec had some serious flaws :pensive:

For example, I had critical surge morphed to the other one... Not sure I had magelight either :p I know, it is silly, but my pets had worked sooooo well till that quest I focused a lot on them. :( I love my little dinosaur and singing winged twilight XD
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not easy, I know how to play, nothing I do works. respec'd once for the mannimarco fight. char is now dead in the water cause of this.
  • Kryank
    Kryank
    ✭✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    It is not easy, I know how to play, nothing I do works. respec'd once for the mannimarco fight. char is now dead in the water cause of this.

Hi Mate look at my post further up or follow the link in my signature to the you tube channel, I do it on my nightblade just follow what I do its not a hard fight if you approach it right take some pots (I didn't but used the resto staff heal) and a ranged weapon and you will be fine. any questions PM me
    'I am not entering into a battle of wits with a man who is clearly unarmed'
    Follow My Twitch Channel Or Youtube Channel
    Sneaky Kryank DC NB
    Psyreni DC Sorc
    Kryank Of The Flame. DC Temp
    Kryank Smash DC DK
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats just it. I have read everything on this fight, have watched videos. I am a ranged sorcerer. Can't defeat him, have died 2 dozen times.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats just it. I have read everything on this fight, have watched videos. I am a ranged sorcerer. Can't defeat him, have died 2 dozen times.

Hate to sound like a broken record but;

Equip a green 40+ resto staff. Level it up to the measly 8 or so needed to get Regeneration. Slot that spell and some class ranged DPS skills.

Run, avoid the AoE as best you can. Don't dodge, save stamina for sprint. Watch for his leap (a circle will appear) and don't be there.

Block and reflect the titans casts and/or DPS them.

Attack Molag with light attacks and some ranged skills. Heavy attack when he stops if you can stop. Save enough Magicka to always keep Regeneration up.

Do this for 15 minutes and stay away from him and he will die. I promise it can be done..
    Edited by Yankee on May 22, 2014 1:57AM
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a restro staff. I have used both restro and a bow. And as I have said nothing works.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a restro staff. I have used both restro and a bow. And as I have said nothing works.

ok, I am a sorcerer too and got past that fight with some struggle. Let us know in which phase of the fight you are dying? That way we can try identifying problems. 1st phase is before the dragons, second phase is dragons, third is after dragons.