The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I can't believe I survived

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Have a story of your character surviving against what seems like certain death? This can be AvA in Cyrodiil or PvE in your alliance campaign.

My favorite is currently from Cyrodiil. There was a call for an attack on Fort Ash, and I was in the area so I moved in and waited. A surprise attack elsewhere caused potential allies to peal off before arriving and go somewhere else. Then a massive wave of enemy players emerged from the keep I was watching and headed straight for me. I was stealthed but that wouldn't last. I climbed up a nearby wooden platform and waited. The wave parted around the tower about 60-70 strong but no one detected me. I was able to ride away to rejoin our forces elsewhere.
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    A big and mighty character appeared out of nowhere. This was no ordinary character, he had picked Dragon Knight upon creation. He immediately charged into the group and unloaded us helpless players with talons. I thought all was lost when I saw his banner drop on the center of the group, and his shield held high for all to see. Not long after he must have weapon swapped for a second, because a swarm of bats appeared, instantly topping off his health and further devastating those still standing.

But fear not, I am a sorcerer, and i mashed my bolt escape until i was far enough to watch the rest of my random party fall the the floor.

I encountered a Dragon Knight... and I survived.
    Edited by Nooblet on May 18, 2014 8:03PM
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nooblet wrote: »
    A big and mighty character appeared out of nowhere. This was no ordinary character, he had picked Dragon Knight upon creation. He immediately charged into the group and unloaded us helpless players with talons. I thought all was lost when I saw his banner drop on the center of the group, and his shield held high for all to see. Not long after he must have weapon swapped for a second, because a swarm of bats appeared, instantly topping off his health and further devastating those still standing.

But fear not, I am a sorcerer, and i mashed my bolt escape until i was far enough to watch the rest of my random party fall the the floor.

Pics or it didn't happen.
    Edited by PBpsy on May 18, 2014 8:04PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

Pics or it didn't happen.

No need. I watched it from the safety of a nearby rock. I too am a Sorcerer. Tremble at my name for I am Lotsa.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humor aside, many DKs aren't that hard to kill, and this was true before any of the "nerfing". Obviously their key trait is survivability and massive close-range AOE damage, but there are also many deadly characters out there from other classes. While it may be easier for players running DKs to get kills with less skill, it seems like excellent players can end you with anything. (Sadly, I am not yet an excellent player.)

I have had a couple of narrow escapes recently, though.

In PvE I had the wrong weapon equipped when running in to try to solo a world boss. I thought the controls weren't working (another bug!), as my magicka was going down but nothing was happening. I was getting hammered and self-healing while running in circles, then I realized my error. Fortunately I keep my self-heal in the same slot on both bars and was able to retreat, heal/rest, and try again.

But my favorite of the two recent close calls came last night when I tried logging onto Cyrodiil amidst all of the lag and s-s-s-l-l-l-o-o-o-w-w-w... l-l-l-o-o-o-a-a-d-d-i-i-i-n-n-g-g-g graphics... which at times resembled a slide slow presentation:

I saw a slide of allies ahead of me engaging the enemy...

*click*

A slide of my allies dying...

*click*

A slide of being surrounded by hostile forces...

*click*

A slide of me trying to run away while spamming heals....

*click*

A slide of over a dozen goblins fighting for the Pact rushing in to turn the tide...

At that point graphics improved slightly and I followed the merry band of goblins to the next battle where I lost track of them.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Cyrodiil, I've never been in a close fight. It's either "I never had a chance of dying unless I did something dumb (which, admittedly, has happened)" or "I never had a chance of surviving unless they did something dumb (which has also happened, thank you to the 11 players who stayed bunched up and let me single-handedly defend an inner keep with a ballista once)."

In PVE, the skin-of-teeth encounter are too numerous to mention.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an on-going rivalry with every cliff in the game. I run off of it, usually because I'm too lazy to go around, and let gravity decide the victor.

Spoiler Alert: The cliff usually wins.

So it's always a surprise when I survive.

(I also discoverd an achievement this way by jumping off of a giant stone nose in Stormhaven.)
    Edited by ebondeath on July 1, 2014 8:52PM
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • RedMiniStapler
    RedMiniStapler
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like pvp (or ava, as zenimax calls it), and only time i head over to cyrodiil is to collect sky shards. and of course, while i'm in solo dungeon fighting mobs, i get attacked by other faction players in groups.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like pvp (or ava, as zenimax calls it), and only time i head over to cyrodiil is to collect sky shards. and of course, while i'm in solo dungeon fighting mobs, i get attacked by other faction players in groups.

I like it as group support, but in small ball or one on one battles I lose most of the time. My DK, when still VR1, managed to survive an ambush by a couple of players at level twenty something, but was later ambushed and killed that same night by a level thirty something. The DK is VR6 now but against a VR foe I am certain I would lose. My VR12 templar would lose to a level 10 that had just wandered by accident into Cyrodiil.

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I usually just pick a campaign where our side has 90 percent of the map when I am shard hunting. AvA isn't much fun when it is that lopsided, but it is usually a good Time to collect.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, had a good one yesterday. A large force was taking a keep and my allies and I were on defense. Had a hens over the inner breach dropping oil, so they came up for us first. I'd heard of block-casting and roll-casting so I thought I'd try dive-casting after taking some damage.

I cast Blazing Shield and took the leap. Now, I can't say for sure that the Shield mitigates falling damage. Maybe it doesn't. But I did survive the drop with somewhat low health so if it absorbed even a little damage it kept my Templar alive. We went on take save the keep, which of course was eventually taken sometime later.

• Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not even AvA (ala DAoC); it's ZvZ... Zerg Vs Zerg. No skill required; no thought required; just follow the rest of the zombies and crash into the other group of zombies, spamming your one button until your ultimate is available... or until you die.

I like PvP (one on one or few on few); I can't stand ZvZ.

Have I had lots of Close Encounters of the Third Kind? Yeah... I've also had close calls in the game.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, a few days ago I decided to start leveling eclipse ( a templar class skill : target enemy projects harmfull spells back at themselfes) in PVE ... I then went of for cyro and forgot to take that skill of the bar so it stayed were usually my heal-spell is placed (second weapon bar, anyways). On the way to the battlefield I got ganked by a sorc ... ... after his very fast and self induced death I really started to like that skill.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Well, a few days ago I decided to start leveling eclipse ( a templar class skill : target enemy projects harmfull spells back at themselfes) in PVE ... I then went of for cyro and forgot to take that skill of the bar so it stayed were usually my heal-spell is placed (second weapon bar, anyways). On the way to the battlefield I got ganked by a sorc ... ... after his very fast and self induced death I really started to like that skill.

Yes and its morphs make it more fun versus casters :smiling_imp:
    Edited by tinythinker on December 4, 2014 3:31PM

• kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I decided to take my VR 1 NB into Cyrodil for a bit of practice, so I jumped on my horse and headed for the near by action. On the way I was ganked by three VR 14 players, I instantly dropped to about 15% health and figured I was done for, but after a few seconds I realised I still wasn't dead. I panicked, started mashing buttons, I managed to hit cloak a couple of times and made it into stealth and sneaked away and behind a rock, I put a bit of distance between us then jumped on my horsey and continued on towards the main battle.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say that it's probably because you encountered my own Brave Nord Dragonknight, who leaves many, many survivors in his brave wake. But the parts about him "charging into the group" don't really sound like my play style. My approach is more of the "run away from any fight and find somewhere to cry" style. So unless you noticed this dragonknight urinating on himself or frantically typing "Stop hitting me, I'm a diabetic veteran firefighter!" in the middle of the fight then it probably wasn't me.

However, if you ever notice a dragonknight encouraging his fellow group members to aggro the enemy, and then running in the other direction as soon as they do--well, there's a pretty good chance that's my Brave Nord Dragonknight!
    Edited by Pallmor on December 4, 2014 7:51PM
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I saw 0 on my health bar, but I was immediately healed and I was alive! Of course I don't have a picture (in the middle of battle).
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭
    I had just finished DSA and looted my shiny new memento ring. When all of a sudden I ported to player in Craglorn and was sent face to face with the loading screen boss. The toughest boss of them all. 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3, 4, even 5 went by. Miraculously I arose in Belkarth. I had won. I had beaten the toughest foe of all. Today I was legend.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone!

This is my 1000th post on this account, so I wanted to do something fun with it. I thought I'd hop on this discussion and post a story about a time I survived the odds.

I remember the first time I cleared the Aetherian Archive with a group of random folks in Craglorn. We had spent a decent amount of time wiping on the Wispmother boss and finally cleared her with about 8 revives remaining to take on the Mage.

We got to the Mage and the first phases of the fight went perfectly, but the final 30% burn phase started going south when she reached about 5%. People started dying left and right, and in the end, it was just me and the mage.

Staring in the face of certain defeat, I continued DPSing furiously and managed to defeat her. Probably the most epic achievement I have in my journal at the moment. I wear that dye proudly :D.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a story of your character surviving against what seems like certain death? This can be AvA in Cyrodiil or PvE in your alliance campaign.

My favorite is currently from Cyrodiil. There was a call for an attack on Fort Ash, and I was in the area so I moved in and waited. A surprise attack elsewhere caused potential allies to peal off before arriving and go somewhere else. Then a massive wave of enemy players emerged from the keep I was watching and headed straight for me. I was stealthed but that wouldn't last. I climbed up a nearby wooden platform and waited. The wave parted around the tower about 60-70 strong but no one detected me. I was able to ride away to rejoin our forces elsewhere.

I did this same thing and on top the tower was a third faction player also hiding and hit me with an uppercut which knocked me off the platform :(:(:( LOL
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True story.

I came to this forum to ask a simple game related question. However, instead of an answer I was greeted by pages of scoff and l2p. My lol badges were going up exponentially. I felt the very life force being sucked from my being when out of the blue a knight in shining armor rode into the forum with an answer to my question. It was hard to understand at first in my delirious state but when it dawned on me that I had my answer I was overjoyed.

I survived to post another day. Huzzah!!!
    Edited by clayandaudrey_ESO on December 4, 2014 11:19PM
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I lasted about 20 minutes in some large fights on NA Thornblade last night on my lvl10 templar trying to get AP by healing for some easy early skill points . Then some $%$^&% sniped me.
    Edited by PBpsy on December 4, 2014 10:44PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one fresh from the oven :)

http://youtu.be/Bmr7KjCDOWQ

When the caltrops landed, i thought 'I am sooo dead' hehe.
    Edited by Sharee on December 4, 2014 11:07PM
  • Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True story.

I came to this forum to ask a simple game related question. However, instead of an answer I was greeted by pages of scoff and l2p. My lol badges were going up up exponentially. I felt the very life force being sucked from my being when out of the blue a knight in shining armor rode into the forum with an answer to my question. It was hard to understand at first in my delirious state but when it dawned on me that I had my answer I was overjoyed.

I survived to post another day. Huzzah!!!

THIS is the best post of this whole egocentric mess.

Unfortunately, our forums have been largely reduced to a bunch of "I am great!" self-serving prognostications.

Place anybody who tells you "l2p" on your ignore list; they aren't worth listening to. Such arrogant ***, irrespective of actual physical age, need to grow up emotionally. When they reach my age (emotionally) they might realize that superfluous achievements in life -- like being king *** in an MMORPG -- really don't matter at all.

Ignore them; they aren't worth listening to. Ignore them; being ignored really irritates pompous asses.
  • PSLAnimal
    PSLAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »

I would say that it's probably because you encountered my own Brave Nord Dragonknight, who leaves many, many survivors in his brave wake. But the parts about him "charging into the group" don't really sound like my play style. My approach is more of the "run away from any fight and find somewhere to cry" style. So unless you noticed this dragonknight urinating on himself or frantically typing "Stop hitting me, I'm a diabetic veteran firefighter!" in the middle of the fight then it probably wasn't me.

However, if you ever notice a dragonknight encouraging his fellow group members to aggro the enemy, and then running in the other direction as soon as they do--well, there's a pretty good chance that's my Brave Nord Dragonknight!

Throthgar, son of Bothgar, descendant of Edgar, brother in law of Inar, second cousin of Falknar, slayer of Gulgar? Is that you?

http://youtu.be/GWm215blpmI
    Animal (Ask me what the PSL stands for. Go on. Ask.)
    @PSLAnimal on the NA Megaserver
    Making people wonder just what the hell is wrong with me since 1961.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, our forums have been largely reduced to a bunch of "I am great!" self-serving prognostications.
    I started threads like this and ones like "Oops!" to highlight the more self-deprecating and funny moments. I doubt the "I am totally the awesomes" crowd would want to talk about barely surviving due to things like luck or desperate moves. :)

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

This is my 1000th post on this account, so I wanted to do something fun with it. I thought I'd hop on this discussion and post a story about a time I survived the odds.

I remember the first time I cleared the Aetherian Archive with a group of random folks in Craglorn. We had spent a decent amount of time wiping on the Wispmother boss and finally cleared her with about 8 revives remaining to take on the Mage.

We got to the Mage and the first phases of the fight went perfectly, but the final 30% burn phase started going south when she reached about 5%. People started dying left and right, and in the end, it was just me and the mage.

Staring in the face of certain defeat, I continued DPSing furiously and managed to defeat her. Probably the most epic achievement I have in my journal at the moment. I wear that dye proudly :D.
    Congrats! :) I have yet to clear any trials but it could happen. Technically :p

• Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Here's one fresh from the oven :)

http://youtu.be/Bmr7KjCDOWQ

When the caltrops landed, i thought 'I am sooo dead' hehe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc6vNQydldE

That was pretty cool.
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started threads like this and ones like "Oops!" to highlight the more self-deprecating and funny moments. I doubt the "I am totally the awesomes" crowd would want to talk about barely surviving due to things like luck or desperate moves. :)

At least 4 people got it
  • USTTech
    USTTech
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing a Caldwell quest and my wife came into the room and saw I was still playing even though she had wanted me to turn off the game because she wanted me to suffer along with her with the in-laws visiting. I kept playing the game. I barely survived her wrath.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    USTTech wrote: »
    I was doing a Caldwell quest and my wife came into the room and saw I was still playing even though she had wanted me to turn off the game because she wanted me to suffer along with her with the in-laws visiting. I kept playing the game. I barely survived her wrath.
    Wow, now that is risky.
    Edited by tinythinker on December 5, 2014 4:27PM