Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Dragonknights & Sorcerers Online!

jambam817_ESO
jambam817_ESO
✭✭✭
Yup
*sigh*
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always wonder why sorc gets lumped in with DK so often. Is it spillage from the videos of vamp sorc dominating PVP? Is it just because of bolt escape?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I always wonder why sorc gets lumped in with DK so often. Is it spillage from the videos of vamp sorc dominating PVP? Is it just because of bolt escape?

Because both classes tend to build themselves around the destro staff line and afford awesome AOE capabilities. Note that there is Nothing preventing others from doing the same thing with Nightblades or Templars.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Going too make a AoE Templar with destro staff
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc-sympathetic DK hater? Is this just a NordJitsu alt account?
  • luna21560
    luna21560
    Soul Shriven
    Go Templars! *shakes pom-poms*
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nope. Just someone who has both classes and sees the clear imbalance between them.

You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer is not even in the same galaxy of OP as DK.

It has a single viable build, and that is surge impulse spam or crystal shards with bolt escape.

4 good spells (including encase). The rest are crap.

In fact, the Daedric Summoning line is the weakest of all class lines by far. No other class has a class line of pure fail at the level of Daedric Summoning.

So to hell with all these people who keep bleating like sheep that sorcs and DK are comparable.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol he certainly hates dk's quite frankly he has been on a tirade about one thing or another a year before the game even launched. Im thinking he plays a nightblade
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crescent wrote: »

It has a single viable build, and that is surge impulse spam or crystal shards with bolt escape.

In fact, the Daedric Summoning line is the weakest of all class lines by far. No other class has a class line of pure fail at the level of Daedric Summoning.

So to hell with all these people who keep bleating like sheep that sorcs and DK are comparable.
    Truthfully its one build for dk thats Op .light armor Resto/destro.you never see these Op god videos with dk's in heavy armor.and melee is friggin broken all but two abilites are viable dps single target. Its not so much op as the other classes are broken or underpowered in areas
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭

Nope. Just someone who has both classes and sees the clear imbalance between them.
    Level 20 alts don't really count.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »

Level 40 but your point is valid all the same compared to Vet Ranks. What isn't valid is if you are sticking up for the current state of the DK or if you think Sorc is remotely close to them in power.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The reason for the post was, honestly, just the fact that both characters i started (A templar first, then a Nightblade) have eventually turned into disappointing roles.

I've tried the Nightblade Tank and the Nightblade Caster, both of which were lackluster. No strengths that i could really see compared to other classes in those roles. I've tried the Templar caster and Templar healer and Templar-Bow DPS and felt the same way, but not as much so as I do on my Nightblade.

I'm just a bit upset that I've invested over a weeks worth of /played between these two and I feel like i just need to start over... again...

I haven't even got to experience VR yet, and at this rate i never will...
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeap , eventually unless the devs do something , it will become pretty much like this.

NB is bugged , so until it actually works right , we cant talk.

Templars are **** , but they do have burst heals , so yey , go templars.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well i just know that my drive to play the game has significantly lessened because i don't enjoy 2 of the classes i decided to roll, have sunk i'm sure 30k+ in respec costs and a week+ of /played. I still haven't found the character i look forward to playing all day and that i enjoy immensly. At first i thought i had it, but the short comings of the classes i rolled sooned changed that.
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭

Level 40 but your point is valid all the same compared to Vet Ranks. What isn't valid is if you are sticking up for the current state of the DK or if you think Sorc is remotely close to them in power.
    Eh, depends on what you call "power". My main's an NB tank, and, between my V1 DK and 4X Sorc, I must say I feel a lot more comfortable on my Sorc in Cyrodill. Bow passives+Bolt Escape+CC immunity combo pretty much sets me into a window-licking mindframe.

I probably won't be able to solo CC-immune bosses on my Sorc as well as I do on my DK, but I don't really care.
    Edited by Still_Mind on May 16, 2014 8:21PM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [ I must say I feel a lot more comfortable on my Sorc in Cyrodill. Bow passives+Bolt Escape+CC immunity combo pretty much sets me into a window-licking mindframe.

So you list three skill combo and only one of them is Sorc specific so again it is just Bolt Escape. I guess it is just a philosophy difference that I do not consider getting away over powered in a game that individual kills do not really count for much in the overall objectives.
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Bolt escape is an excellent mobility basis. The other mechanics supplement it famously (even if they don't inherently belong to the Sorc class).

The power of getting away is the power of impunity. A Sorc isn't only good for running. A Sorc is also good for killing. Killing power+impunity=solid basis for having fun at the expense of others.
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bolt escape is an excellent mobility basis. The other mechanics supplement it famously (even if they don't inherently belong to the Sorc class).

The power of getting away is the power of impunity. A Sorc isn't only good for running. A Sorc is also good for killing. Killing power+impunity=solid basis for having fun at the expense of others.

NOT IF YOU PLAY IN A GROUP.

Which is what makes a difference. And let's not act as if Nightblades can't get away effectively either with shadow disguise spam coupled with Mist.

But good for you, enjoy your snipe and run solo play while the real content of the game such as group play you are stuck spamming Impulse/Crystal Shards or you go home.

The daedric summoning line is broken. The skills besides crystal shard and encase in Dark Magic are broken, especially Daedric Mines.

Melee sorcerer and tank is the crappiest of the melee and tank variations right now. But it's good you can kill underleveled noobs in cyrodil and outrun those who you can't poke to death with a braindead bow playstyle.
    Edited by Crescent on May 17, 2014 12:14AM
  • bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why sorcs get lumped in with DK's; sorcs really dont have impressive skill lines, and they lack the self-healing of other classes.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think positive! Just two more and we got 'em all covered! It's better than Vamp Online, you must admit that.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • dahl.lucas_ESO
    I some times wonder what the real objective is for ESO pvp is. Is it to kill the player class' s in game or to try to kill them (nurf) here in the forums.
  • Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭
    This is why PvP should be removed entirely. It's an outdated concept.
  • KoooZ
    KoooZ
    ✭✭

You explained sorc being weak, but could you give me some insight on the DK strengths?
  • Teevesnacks
    Teevesnacks
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget templars are the best healers, so that just leave nightblades in the dark
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    KoooZ wrote: »

You explained sorc being weak, but could you give me some insight on the DK strengths?

Battle Standard, Corrosive Armor, Cinderstorm, Green Dragon Blood. Battle Roar Passive. Burning Talons.
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭

NOT IF YOU PLAY IN A GROUP.

Which is what makes a difference. And let's not act as if Nightblades can't get away effectively either with shadow disguise spam coupled with Mist.

But good for you, enjoy your snipe and run solo play while the real content of the game such as group play you are stuck spamming Impulse/Crystal Shards or you go home.

The daedric summoning line is broken. The skills besides crystal shard and encase in Dark Magic are broken, especially Daedric Mines.

Melee sorcerer and tank is the crappiest of the melee and tank variations right now. But it's good you can kill underleveled noobs in cyrodil and outrun those who you can't poke to death with a braindead bow playstyle.
    In groups, I just lay down the damage. In "real" content, too (well, my Sorc isn't VR yet, but I'm fairly sure that not much will change in this regard). The cogs click together just fine.

Stop martyring the Sorc because it's not a god class. I've got my TankBlade and my DK to do the stuff that they're strong at, I've got the Sorc to do the stuff that it is strong at.

A lot of mechanics are broken atm. All classes have them. Be patient and let ZoE fix them.

Oh, and I'm sorry for actually enjoying the game. This must be so offensive that you resorted to a personal attack to demonstrate your angst.
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not VR. Worthless opinion tbh.
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Not VR. Worthless opinion tbh.
    I run VR content with a guildie DPS Sorc. Does over 1k DPS single target sustained, just shy of 6k AoE. More then enough for VR. I kill VR players on my noob Sorc, too.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    Edited by Still_Mind on May 17, 2014 9:34AM
  • Sleepydan
    Sleepydan
    ✭✭✭

It's the only thing I want to do in any game. You sorry fool.
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Sleepydan wrote: »

It's the only thing I want to do in any game. You sorry fool.
    Indeed. PvP *is* the reason many people, myself included, play MMOs.