Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

How many levels ahead can we solo group dungeons?

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sugram22 wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Thelon wrote: »

i took all passives & stuff, so u can't do any better then i have tried

when i said pets with heal i meant 2 pets & 3 heal skills

105d17.jpg

**********Click Me for a Real Pet Build**********

Force Pulse are u kidding? the other morph is more useful, even in PVE so don't start with that its for PVP, u have no idea how useful Crushing Shock is in PVE, ur saving ur pets a lot of dam with it cause as long as u spam it enemy can do heavy attacks + at times he gets stun like effect

whats FLEX?

ward only is not enough, u need heal, to heal pets, & what i so from that link wont save u in PVP (VS experienced player), nor in dungeon, i have tried all possible combos, including what u have, not force pulse, that's only thing different, pets get over powered by large horde & die fast

gear names say nothing to me, cause i have never seen them

Sooo.... When was the last time you soloed a trial boss?

Also, i hope that doesnt mean that you arent gearing.

my sorc has different gear, what i said is the names of the pieces say nothing to me cause i have never seen them, like whats the use of a for example Conjure Ward skill name to some1 who has not played sorc, cause he doesn't know what it is, same with gear, if u haven't seen it it a different story if he shows hes set like this
    Torugs_Pact.jpg
    with a image like that, i took random picture from internet as a example, i just have seen it in game so i knew what to look for

no i haven't solod group dungeon, well not finished, cause pets die & ward isn't strong enough to solo without pets neither, i mean dps build, against group u need AOE not pets (pets are slow against horde), & for pest u need heal skills, that's the best way, they stay alive longer that way, in dungeon it would take to long that way, with pets, so sorc bad for solo group dungeon, as i said i have tried meany way with pets, BDW i play with set or lvl 10 armor i feel no difference, mobs wont die faster with sets & not slower with lvl 10 armor i wont die faster neither, gear stuff is total joke, its like it doesn't effect u at all, at least not in pve, my point i would try solo group dung with sorc

its just that to lvl one thing i decided to PVE a bit in my lvl 10 training armor, that's how i know

OK, i asked those questions for two specific reasons.

1. to verify your state of mind
    2. Thelon, the guy you are arguing with, has soloed group dungeons and trial bosses.

To address 1, you have a difference in state of mind. this mostly focuses around research and knowing the game. Knowing the abilities of other classes can be very important especially in a game where you interact with them (especially something like pvp.). And knowing what gear exists if fundamental to attempting to make a build work. without that knowledge, you are flailing in the dark. The differences are measurably and significantly important.

To address 2, Thelon has soloed these things. He has videos of doing so. Im sorry, but its just a little interesting to me that you are effectively calling bs on his verifiable evidence. i suggest you watch those.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this thread was created (almost two years ago) the dungeons didn't even scale to the leader level. Wouldn't it have been better to start a new thread, and not have all that obsolete stuff at the beginning to just confuse people?
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭

105d17.jpg

Force Pulse are u kidding? the other morph is more useful, even in PVE so don't start with that its for PVP, u have no idea how useful Crushing Shock is in PVE, ur saving ur pets a lot of dam with it cause as long as u spam it enemy can do heavy attacks + at times he gets stun like effect

whats FLEX?

ward only is not enough, u need heal, to heal pets, & what i so from that link wont save u in PVP (VS experienced player), nor in dungeon, i have tried all possible combos, including what u have, not force pulse, that's only thing different, pets get over powered by large horde & die fast

my sorc has different gear, what i said is the names of the pieces say nothing to me cause i have never seen them, like whats the use of a for example Conjure Ward skill name to some1 who has not played sorc, cause he doesn't know what it is, same with gear, if u haven't seen it it a different story if he shows hes set like this
    Torugs_Pact.jpg
    with a image like that, i took random picture from internet as a example, i just have seen it in game so i knew what to look for

no i haven't solod group dungeon, well not finished, cause pets die & ward isn't strong enough to solo without pets neither, i mean dps build, against group u need AOE not pets (pets are slow against horde), & for pest u need heal skills, that's the best way, they stay alive longer that way, in dungeon it would take to long that way, with pets, so sorc bad for solo group dungeon, as i said i have tried meany way with pets, BDW i play with set or lvl 10 armor i feel no difference, mobs wont die faster with sets & not slower with lvl 10 armor i wont die faster neither, gear stuff is total joke, its like it doesn't effect u at all, at least not in pve, my point i would try solo group dung with sorc

its just that to lvl one thing i decided to PVE a bit in my lvl 10 training armor, that's how i know

2. Thelon, the guy you are arguing with, has soloed group dungeons and trial bosses.

To address 1, you have a difference in state of mind. this mostly focuses around research and knowing the game. Knowing the abilities of other classes can be very important especially in a game where you interact with them (especially something like pvp.). And knowing what gear exists if fundamental to attempting to make a build work. without that knowledge, you are flailing in the dark. The differences are measurably and significantly important.

To address 2, Thelon has soloed these things. He has videos of doing so. Im sorry, but its just a little interesting to me that you are effectively calling bs on his verifiable evidence. i suggest you watch those.

i said pets are really slow at killing + i don't see how he can solo group dungeons when i have used pets & i use ward, & without heal ur re-summoning them a lot cause they die, either the game is messed up like some sorcs are weaker then others with pet builds or there is some bonuses for Sub players, or hes just enjoying slow kill & re-summoning them a lot, in a way its masochistic style, boring

& BDW, i haven't seen hes videos, i don't know where he has them, its not like he has linked them here
    Edited by Sugram22 on March 3, 2016 12:13AM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    When this thread was created (almost two years ago) the dungeons didn't even scale to the leader level. Wouldn't it have been better to start a new thread, and not have all that obsolete stuff at the beginning to just confuse people?

when i started posting i didn't look at the time of creation

well i guess the pet build solo group dungeon is also thing of the stone age then, no longer possible
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

105d17.jpg

whats FLEX?

Torugs_Pact.jpg

i said pets are really slow at killing + i don't see how he can solo group dungeons when i have used pets & i use ward, & without heal ur re-summoning them a lot cause they die, either the game is messed up like some sorcs are weaker then others with pet builds or there is some bonuses for Sub players, or hes just enjoying slow kill & re-summoning them a lot, in a way its masochistic style, boring

& BDW, i haven't seen hes videos, i don't know where he has them, its not like he has linked them here

he linked them in the 'Click Me for a Real Pet Build' link on his post

And your issue may honestly be gearing by how you talk about it, but idk.
    Edited by Shunravi on March 3, 2016 12:20AM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭

105d17.jpg

whats FLEX?

Torugs_Pact.jpg

he linked them in the 'Click Me for a Real Pet Build' link on his post

there was link to youtube on that linked site, but not a link to specific video, problem is i don't know hes solo G dung run with pet build video name
    Edited by Sugram22 on March 3, 2016 12:21AM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    my overall point is that sorc is terrible for trying dung solo group dungeon (not that its impossible), if V16 is easier, but my highest lvl v10 & with that its terrible no matter what build i use, when i play normally then its not terrible, by that i mean group dung with group, i have set for damage, spell crit & spell power + bit HP, well that i have new, i didn't before v10, before i was running with what i picked up

ofc to me it feels impossible cause i have tried meany things, meany builds
    Edited by Sugram22 on March 3, 2016 12:30AM
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Elden Hollow

Trial Boss - AA

Trial Boss - HR (World First)

To me it feels impossible

106kzt.jpg
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran Elden Hollow

Trial Boss - AA

Trial Boss - HR (World First)

To me it feels impossible

106kzt.jpg

nice, but how u dealt with the hordes before boss? died billion times a pet, but each time managed to kill 1 or 2 mobs, i ask cause u don't have AOE skills like boundless storm & pulsar, with second wep i have AOE, i cast boundless storm then ward & then get close to horde & then spam pulsar=ele ring, no idea how it would to in group dung, but outside it works so well

crushing shock is better morph the pulse morph, i explained in one post before, so good in PVE
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To deal with mobs kiting is really important to master. You will need to resummon pets fairly often, though this will be improved with the health regen and shield refresh changes coming with the TG update. You can see how I deal with trash packs by watching the vids of me soloing Upper Craglorn ( back when this was fairly challenging)

Crushing shock is great while you're learning, but it's a crutch you should abandon ASAP for more DPS
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    To deal with mobs kiting is really important to master. You will need to resummon pets fairly often, though this will be improved with the health regen and shield refresh changes coming with the TG update. You can see how I deal with trash packs by watching the vids of me soloing Upper Craglorn ( back when this was fairly challenging)

Crushing shock is great while you're learning, but it's a crutch you should abandon ASAP for more DPS

that's why i prefer to do AOE, & that's why i prefer Damage Builds
    also there is issue with re-summoning, when u deal with horde re-summoning can get u killed, like ur summoning shield gets down & ur still casting summoning & u die, pets should have 2 attacks, single target & AOE, as the pets are right new, pet builds are the worst, despite the fact u can solo kill a G Dung boss

about Crushing shock, i disagree, that little amount of dam isn't much help, i rather disable enemy's, that helps me keep my Shield up VS single target, & with Pet build it would help to keep pets alive longer, not VS all bosses, but still a lot

if i would have pet would have restro staff 1 heal skill then curse & crystal frag & mages furry maybe, but maybe heal skill instead & crystal is my attack, curse with my second staff destro that also has pets, but it has boundless storm & ele ring in it to

to survive horde with pets is impossible, well not 100% impossible, but u die billion times before u reach boss & by killing them one by one until u have 3-4 left, so sorc is worst class for solo G Dung, that my point, i imagine for Templar magic build tank its a child's play with lvl 40+ & all CP, or if not then for vet lvl

damage builds are more survivable, just cast shield & do damage, & faster kill
    Edited by Sugram22 on March 3, 2016 2:10PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i Have lvl 10 armor
    my highest lvl is v10
    [the pieces say nothing to me cause i have never seen them
    i decided to PVE a bit in my lvl 10 training armor, that's how i know
    no i haven't solod group dungeon
    You have a lot of git gud to be doing quite honestly. With the v10 know-it-all attitude it's no wonder that you've missed the mark on what is successful for a pet build. Your ramblings are not constructive and misleading. There are much more knowledgeable players than you here telling you it's possible, but you've already made up your mind based off your limited v10 "personal experience".
    ddkoPXx.png
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    i Have lvl 10 armor
    my highest lvl is v10
    You have a lot of git gud to be doing quite honestly. With the v10 know-it-all attitude it's no wonder that you've missed the mark on what is successful for a pet build. Your ramblings are not constructive and misleading. There are much more knowledgeable players than you here telling you it's possible, but you've already made up your mind based off your limited v10 "personal experience".
    ddkoPXx.png

V16 doesn't make people all knowing, i have 7 char highest lvl v10 sorc, so if u take it like that then it would make me more experienced, not saying i am just that if u take it like that, i mean it sounds like u are saying ppl who have gotten to v16 are smarter then others

ur misleading with this short sentences u cut out from my post, like that they are just small pieces from a picture, & that's misleading

when it comes to Crushing shock i am right, that little amount of dam of that other morph (pulse) isn't much help, i rather disable enemy's, that helps me keep my Shield up longer VS single target, it a life saver, also there isn't any other skill what does that what Crushing shock does so its crucial, Crushing is Must have morph

other stuff what i said was baste on my experience, with trying meany things

how is this misleading, i ran with lvl 10 training armor at V10 to train some other skills & i did not seem to get more hit then i got with my 2 sets i have on me, did not die faster? that means the sys is broken, well it makes life easier, can run with one armor longer so don't mind that glitch :), even if i did get bit more dam i did not notice it cause difference is so little u cant see it by keeping eye on ur hp bar

how is talking about what happened to me a rambling? i think u need to learn what rambling means before u start to trow that word around so lightly :)
    Edited by Sugram22 on March 3, 2016 4:32PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Am I understanding this correct? Is one poster saying X is impossible when another poster is saying, look, X is possible because I did it and here are the videos?

Regarding the rambling, I would give him credit for posting in English when it is clearly a second language. I admire people who accept the challenge of communicating in foreign languages. I have been there myself.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i Have lvl 10 armor
    my highest lvl is v10
    ddkoPXx.png

V16 doesn't make people all knowing, i have 7 char highest lvl v10 sorc

ur misleading with this short sentences u cut out from my post, like that they are just small pieces from a picture, & that's misleading

when it comes to Crushing shock i am right, that little amount of dam of that other morph (pulse) isn't much help, i rather disable enemy's, that helps me keep my Shield up longer VS single target, it a life saver, also there isn't any other skill what does that what Crushing shock does so its crucial, Crushing is Must have morph

how is this misleading, i ran with lvl 10 training armor at V10 to train some other skills & i did not seem to get more hit then i got with my 2 sets i have on me, did not die faster? that means the sys is broken, well it makes life easier, can run with one armor longer so don't mind that glitch :), even if i did get bit more dam i did not notice it cause difference is so little u cant see it by keeping eye on ur hp bar

how is talking about what happened to me a ramblings? i think u need to learn what rambling means before u start to trow that word around so lightly :)
    The systems not broke, you're just in denial. Accepting you don't have all the answers and paying closer attention to those leading you to them is the first step to being able to achieve what you self-admittedly have not been able to overcome. Or you know, just keep saying it's impossible when you have already been shown otherwise (aka denial).
    Edited by Cuyler on March 3, 2016 4:36PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is silly to have that conversation in a thread with a title that represents the old game design.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    i Have lvl 10 armor
    my highest lvl is v10
    ddkoPXx.png

V16 doesn't make people all knowing, i have 7 char highest lvl v10 sorc

how is talking about what happened to me a ramblings? i think u need to learn what rambling means before u start to trow that word around so lightly :)
    The systems not broke, you're just in denial. Accepting you don't have all the answers and paying closer attention to those leading you to them is the first step to being able to achieve what you self-admittedly have not been able to overcome. Or you know, just keep saying it's impossible when you have already been shown otherwise (aka denial).

well the part with lvl 10 armor is not denial, that's how it is, that V10 can run with lvl 10 armor with no problem (i use my lvl 10 training gear with my sorc, cause i train some skills), it just i went bit off the topic, it nice glitch, going bit off the topic, that part maybe bit misleading, but its a habit that when i remember something suddenly i write about & go off topic a bit

i'm surprised that some ppl trash Crushing shock when its so good, i had the other morph to once, once i tried Crushing shock i was like, i don't need that little extra dam cause it has good effects, i guess he hasn't used it, just heard of it effects, Crushing shock is must have morph, its a life saver, that's also bit off the topic, mane topic was about doing solo G Dung & then our topic went to pet build & new tho this, skill discussion + my talk about my training gear what is above, just explaining to clean the air, cause in this chat there is more then one topic & that may confuse ppl
    Edited by Sugram22 on March 3, 2016 6:17PM
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't need that little extra damage
    108lna.jpg

Well, that and wearing lvl 10 armor at vr10...did I use my double facepalm meme already?
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭

i don't need that little extra damage
    108lna.jpg

Well, that and wearing lvl 10 armor at vr10...did I use my double facepalm meme already?

LOL, the lvl 10 armor part is temporary, until i get skill line lvl 50, when i got v10 i decided skill one skill line up that i haven't (& i took my training armor from bank for it), & i noticed no difference cause of lower lvl armor, yes dam what i do is bit lower when i look at spell dam, but when i killed, it didn't feel that much, & i did not die fast cause of it

if u can't understand how good crushing shock something is wrong with u not with me, its part of my Staff DPS build & it is ferry good!!!! maybe the problem is that u haven't used it, cause long time ago some1 said its for PVP cause is interrupts cast & sins then u think its crap skill, i have been there, i mean same thing was with me until i tested it, & i don't fail, my gameplay is good & easy, well easier then it was in beginning when i did not know that stuff i know new, if u have used it u haven't used it enough, so lower dam & decided its bad fast, but i have learned to use, like some people don't know how to play with certain builds & they die a lot & get another build what helps them more, some builds are like that with some people, i have other skills that make up the small dam loss with crushing

Copy from my Build Poll

Weapon 1, Fire Staff
    1) Force Shock=Crushing Shock
    2) Crystal Shard=Crystal Fragments
    3) Daedric Curse=Velocious Curse
    4) Mages Fury=Mage's Wrath
    5) Bolt Escape=Streak

Ultimate Skill
    Overload=Power Overload

Weapon 2 AOE Attack

1) Lightning Form=Boundless Storm
    2) Impulse=Elemental Ring
    3) Encase=Shattering Prison
    4) Conjure Ward=Harden Ward
    5) Lightning Splash=Liquid Lightning

i'm doing well so zip it (i mean shut up with the FAIL part) :)
    & don't treat me like a idiot cause of the 2 things in ur Quote, cause as i said its good skill (& armor is temporary until i train), i have used crushing for a while, also not my fault that some people are blind & can't see good skill front of them, the other morph is good to, but i prefer crushing cause it disables enemy

without crushing i would die a lot with some world bosses for example, cause they can kill shield fast, some of them

so right back at u :)
    108lna.jpg
    u open ur mouth before u know my build, in my build crushing is ferry necessary & that's why i said it, that's why u fail here + i'm being bit sarcastic

ur pet build is good, but that doesn't make u all knowing, i know something that u seem to not know & that's That
    Edited by Sugram22 on March 4, 2016 9:53AM
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if u can't understand how good crushing shock something is wrong with u not me...maybe the problem is that u haven't used it

109k1u.jpg

At launch I developed a build around Crushing Shock that became the "cookie cutter" Sorcerer build for almost a year.

**********Captain Crush - Thelon's Crushing Shock Build**********
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    if u can't understand how good crushing shock something is wrong with u not me...maybe the problem is that u haven't used it

109k1u.jpg

At launch I developed a build around Crushing Shock that became the "cookie cutter" Sorcerer build for almost a year.

**********Captain Crush - Thelon's Crushing Shock Build**********

that's then, new is new, that's stone age, a lot has changed, there was even time when strong mob kill was a lot easier, like u killed strong as fast u do normal mob right new, also u need right build with it, that's why i have others skill to make up with the small dam loss, it makes up with profit, & when u did that build it was even more stone age, a lot has changed, seems a lot of old player live in ESO stone age & suggest builds that mite no longer work as well as they did & some other build mite work better then the old ones, no idea about ur build, haven't looked it yet, but just saying that that's stone age, so Crushing mite be a lot better then it was then, haven't u considered that? well i have 2 sorc's so with one, v10 i may change build cause that ones has same build as my other sorc Altmer lvl 40, maybe even try pet, i played with pest at lower lvl's 20-30 & then it felt really crappy, but i may try again with this one, but bit different way

my build works ferry well, 2 ppl who have directly asked me & i gave them this build (my DPS build) & later they said it made their life much easier
    Edited by Sugram22 on March 4, 2016 11:50PM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭

just tried elden hollow with pets, died so meany time that my armor durability was reduced to zero, to me its impossible (with sorc at least), healers are pain & when i try to take them out i'm killed by warriors & archers, if i dam other mobs they get healed, it mite be possible to take them down 1 by 1 like after 1 kill + bit hp from other mobs u die & u get back & repeat, but its not worth it, also to bad there isn't command for pets i would make them attack healer, one issue is they change target often, also MP is a problem to when i half to re-cast ward & summon so often, sorc V12

& i must say changing Crushing to Pulse is a handicap, a crutch, i was in situations where it could have saved my life couple of times

even if i somehow managed, its not worth it, only a masochist would do it til the end, cause its torture, at least with sorc
    Edited by Sugram22 on March 5, 2016 3:15PM