Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There are no good guys in ESO

• Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    Axer wrote: »
    Nonsensical waffle

You are lying and making up your own ridiculous fan-fiction that has nothing to do with anything depicted in the game at all.
    Sorry, but if you make crap up then draw conclusions on the crap you made up then I will call you on it.

The "Elven Dominance of Tamriel" part you quoted is in-universe Covenant propaganda.
    Of course it's going to say something to make the Altmer look bad, and even THAT doesn't say the Altmer want to kill everyone.

By the way here's the in-universe Dominion propaganda against the Covenant:
    "The Daggerfall Covenant seeks a return to the Second Empire and a stable government. We will be happy to provide it to them as long as we rule. They are deluded and dangerous."

Using your insane troll logic, I take this to mean that the Bretons want to drop asteroids on all major cities in Tamriel to conduct universal genocide leaving only a handful of pure Bretons sealed in Vault 69 to repopulate the world.
    Edited by Rayadrel on May 15, 2014 5:07PM
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really the race that are the ' least evil ' are the Orsimer. They are the Pariahs after all. Ideally they'd just live their life in their holds with their own code of honor. Sure they are a bit sexist, but 21st century culture is too.

Altmer, however, are 2/2 for being the race that houses villains with plots that involve attempts to destroy/enslave nirn with immensely evil daedra.
  • Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    Really the race that are the ' least evil ' are the Orsimer. They are the Pariahs after all. Ideally they'd just live their life in their holds with their own code of honor. Sure they are a bit sexist, but 21st century culture is too.

Altmer, however, are 2/2 for being the race that houses villains with plots that involve attempts to destroy/enslave nirn with immensely evil daedra.

If you're speaking of Mankar Camoran, his design in Oblivion is a lore fail. He's supposed to be Bosmer.

• BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rayadrel wrote: »
    BBSooner wrote: »

If you're speaking of Mankar Camoran, his design in Oblivion is a lore fail. He's supposed to be Bosmer.

Indeed I am, and indeed it was, but a lore fail that was never patched so I still consider him altmer (though expecting Beth to patch their own TES games is laughable).
  • Moonchilde
    Moonchilde
    ✭✭✭
    I find this "nobody is objectively right" propaganda to be prevalent throughout modern society now, and its taken root in RPGs. I don't like it, but it does provide a great opportunity for people who roleplay or consider their characters as actual figures in Tamriel to step up and fulfill this role.

I see trade guilds, pack guilds (gaming buddies), and pvp guilds everywhere, but never one based on higher principles that have meaning to the Lore. Why not do this, and become what you see is missing in the world? Use your influence in the various chat channels to spread the word and make a difference. It won't change the game code, but culturally, it is meaningful.
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    A cult guild of followers of M'aiq the Liar could be fun.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ur generalizing to much and many points arent rly true. bosmer arent cannibals they wouldnt eat each other or others just becouse they are hungry or for fun. they gave a promise to a god of nature and they arent allowed to waste flesh bones ..... thats also a reason why they dont like to war becouse they will have to eat the opponent corpses.
    Edited by Noctus on June 5, 2014 5:45PM
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    God might be an overstatement since its domain is one large forest.
  • Drafo
    Drafo
    Soul Shriven
    I'll start off by saying that arguments in the Elder Scrolls community never fail to bring tears of joy to my eyes. The fact that players are so passionate and divided about topics in a fictional world signifies Bethesda's success in creating a place that truly feels REAL. So it is my honor to take place in this argument and while I don't intend to offend anyone, if you DO feel offended by my opinions on fictional matters in a fantasy realm, remember that that passion is what brings Nirn to life.

Note: I have only played up to level 30 as an Aldmeri Dominion Altmer in ESO; however, I've played Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, plus I've read a lot of TES lore online. To keep things short, I'll only go over the lead races of each alliance.

Now then, on to the argument. First of all, I haven't met a single Altmer who wanted to completely annihilate every non-Altmer in Tamriel. That's ridiculous no matter how you look at it. The worst of the Altmer just want to cut off connections with the rest of the world and be left alone in the Isles for the rest of eternity. In other words, they're just afraid of change. The Altmer in the Dominion, however, see that Tamriel is caught in a maelstrom of chaos which will, if left alone, consume and destroy everything, including their home. They believe that their wisdom can guide Tamriel to peace and stability for the good of ALL races.

Next, the Bretons. My very first TES character ever was a Breton, so when ESO was first announced I thought the Daggerfall Covenant would be my go-to alliance. Once more information came out, however, I found I agreed more with the cause of the Aldmeri Dominion, so that became my favored alliance. Regardless, just because a lot of the Breton women look the same doesn't mean the whole race is a giant conglomeration of incest. Remember that this is a video game, and you are only able to see as much of the world as the artists can bring to life. Maybe they designed the Bretons last and were just so tired they half-assed it. As for them being "greedy enough to sell their own sons," just because they are talented merchants and negotiators doesn't mean they're all greedy ***. Sure, there are probably a few Bretons with avarice-filled hearts, but not all. One of my favorite characters in TES IV: Oblivion was Countess Narina Carvain, who is known as both a ruthless negotiator and a benevolent ruler.

Finally, the Nords. Honestly, I'm not sure what to say here. The OP didn't really bash them too much, other than the vague final comment. I don't know what comments he's talking about from the female NPCs, but I don't see how an entire race can be made up of sex offenders either way. As for them being all alcoholics, there's a big difference between someone who drinks alcohol and an alcoholic. Also remember that they don't have Poland Spring in Tamriel, so mead and ale is probably healthier than most water (talking as if this was an actual world, not a video game here; I mean come on, how the hell can you find ripe tomatoes in an ancient ruin untouched for centuries?).

There's way more I could say about the other races, and I could also go full Grammar *** on the spelling mistakes I've noticed, but I think I've already said enough. Have fun agreeing and/or disagreeing with me, and don't stop arguing! It helps build the world! :-D
  • Head.hunter
    Head.hunter
    ✭✭✭
    There is good and evil in each faction. Mostly good, though.
    I'm just a banana from another dimension.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you Ken Ham by any chance?
    The content of this thread no longer matters.

This comment just won the entire Internet Collective.

We can all go home now.
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Nords are racists". Before I even begin debunking that, I'd ask "so what"? Is that a crime in and of itself? Are other nations not racist? More importantly though, where is this information coming from?

You look at a fringe political group (the Stormcloaks), you don't look at the context of that group's existence (during a time when their nation really is being exploited and ruined by foreign powers), you ignore all opposition to that group (Brunwulf Free-Winter speaks out against it IN ITS OWN CITY OF ORIGIN), then you apply that to all Nords throughout all eras.

"Orcs are vicious savages". No, I wouldn't agree. Being a bandit or raider is very popular with wandering Orcs outside of strongholds. Most Orcs though follow a strict code of honor.

"Imperials are the good guy race." The worm cult originated in Cyrodiil. Many Imperials are Molag Bal worshippers, others are innocent foot soldiers who are completely ignorant about what their evil high command actually intends.

"Altmer are genocidal maniacs who hate the Nords in particular." They sure would love to enslave the races of men (see the first few games as proof), but they aren't genocidal, and they don't hate Nords any more than they hate any other type of human. Still, evil.

Bretons. Again, racism isn't a crime, and most of those worm cultists are Imperials, not Bretons. They did commit a lot of atrocities (see Bleakrock Isle) though.

"Khajiit are skooma dealers and don't like Argonians." Not particularly evil, but okay I can't deny those points.

"Argonians worship necromancy". Um, what?
    Also note that the altmer are described as isolationists.

Those Altmer isolationists sure do love enforcing their views on nations nowhere even remotely near them. Describe them however you want, doesn't make it true. They've invaded the Tamriel mainland countless times in attempts to conquer (or rather re-conquer) it.
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on March 29, 2015 4:28PM
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    Axer wrote: »
    Have you guys noticed that every races major theme is always something evil/immoral? Almost none even come close to trying to be the good guys:

Ebonheart:
    Dunmer:
    Obviously massive racists and slavers. Hate/Enslave Khajiit and Argonians.

Nords:
    Not as bad as most of the rest, but still at least are:
    - Pretty much all alcoholics
    - Indifferent towards the dunmers slavery practices. Don't really practice it, but none really try to stop it.
    - Tiny bit racist, tho mostly just the ones in Skyrim, who say they are the "true sons and daughters of skyrim" and anyone else there - especially any of the -mer races, are inferior.
    - Most of them are probably sex offenders. All the female nord npcs imply this.

Argonians:
    - Worship necromancy.
    - Bit racists against Khajiits.
    - Slavers (Khajiit). Some even enslave there own people in Deshaan.
    - Some are Skooma abusers
    - Their disgusting lizard dudes that eat worms, maggots and pretty sure babies too. Breton and Nord babies are their favorites.

Daggerfall:

Redguards:
    - Pretty much exclusively criminals. Any criminal activtiy in tamriel generally involves a red guard. Especially smuggling, drug dealing, theft.
    - Very corrupt skooma-head leadership. You do at least one quest which involves you delivering smuggled skooma to high ranking people in Sentinel.

Orcs (Orsimer):
    Not as bad as the rest, but still lacking im morals:
    - Vicious Savages. Brutal murderers with no remorse and little care for laws regarding it.
    - Predjudice against anyone weak really.
    - The only race that can't be the dragonborn (vestige)

Bretons:
    Almost good guys, but have evil dark secrets:
    - Lots worship necromancy/daedra. More so then other races. Pretty sure most of the dudes worshipping molag bal at each anchor are bretons.
    - Tiny bit racist against beast races
    - Greedier then the Ferengi, would sell their own sons for a profit.
    - Obviously all practice heavy incest. Have you looked at the female breton NPCs? They have like 2 different looks among hundreds.

Aldmeri Dominion:

Khajiit:
    - 99% of them are HEAVY skooma addicts. They farm it, they cook it up. They sell it. They are at the very pinnacle of skooma crime and addiction. No less then 10 quests in the game proove this. And also explains the dangers of this drug. It's at least equivalent to heroin in real life, if not worse.
    - Racists. Hate/Enslave Argonians.
    - Filthy cat creatures. They never bathe and always lie.

Altmer:
    - Massive supremecists. Would wipe out every other race in tamerial if they had the resources to do it. They may not say it out loud, but you know they would.
    - Extremely arrogant and pompous in general.
    - Super racists agaist all non-altmer races. Especially hate the Nords.
    - Massive jerks in general. They often try to kill on sight the vestige, even in the AD campaign itself, and even if he himself is an Altmer. In other alliances it's pretty rare to have your own race fight you outside of bandits.

Bosmer:
    Bascially a very slightly less evil altmer.
    - Cannibals. Eat their enemies, and even their own race.
    - Not totally 100% for genocide like the altmer, but they'd be indifferrent if the AD altmer went ahead with that as long as they excluded them.
    - Xenophobic Barbarians. Will reject most open offers of peace from other races to preserve there own culture, no matter the costs to others.
    - Featured characters of their race are almost always evil assassins. Don't seem to care much for humanoid life.

Non alligned:

Imperials:
    Pretty much the most good guy race, but I think thats mainly because you can't see what kind of evil stuff they are up to in the imperial city yet. In most cases you encounter them, they are just at war with the faction you in. And in general they don't commit much super evil warcrimes - most quests involve you either just fighting them, or rescueing prisoners - prooving they at least don't murder innocents in war unlike some of the other races (Altmer, Dunmer, Argonians and Orcs definetely do this often, Argonians also eat the babies when they do it).

Probably in the imperial city they are doing all kinds of necromancy and worshipping daedra, but who knows for sure.

In the future (Oblivion) they are generally somewhat evil tho: Huge supremacists like the Altmer, racists against most. Can't say for sure they are that bad in this timeline though.

What do you guys think?
    They made them all evil on purpose so the pvp feels more real?
    Or just the devs though it would make a better story heh.

Let's get this one by one.

Dunmer

1. They are slavers, but not all of them. Only Houses Dres and Telvanni, thus Dres "getting" and selling slaves, and Telvanni buying and using them.

Nords

1. They drink alcohol when they are celebrating something. Just like everyone else in RL, probably even you.
    2. Why would they want to stop Dunmer slavery? That's between Dunmer and Argonians (Argonian fan speaking).
    3. You are getting that from TESV Skyrim. Completely irrelevant in ESO. And btw, that's because they're in war. Whenever two different nations are in war in RL (real life) they get racistic against the other one.
    4. Some of them.

Argonians

1. Where did you read that? They worshipp Hist and Sithis. Neither of them has anything to do with necromancy. They worship The Hist because they believe that Hists contain souls of all dead Argonians. When an Argonian is dieing he/she drinks Hist sap to return it's soul to it. When an Argonian is born, he/she drinks the Hist sap to get the soul from it from an old Argonian. That's their version of reincarnation. And explaining Sithis is complicated, but it doesn't have anything to do with necromancy.

2. Of course they hate Khajiit. Khajiit and Argonians are two oldest races in Tamriel. You don't expect some big rivalry between them?

3. Argonians aren't slavers.

4. You can't accuse the whole race of eating babies by some rumors you've heard. Maybe one individual Argonian did eat a baby, but it's certainly not common practice.

5. Some are Skooma abusers? That's like saying that americans are bad bcs they abuse heroin. All races have some people who abuse Skooma, just like every nation in the world has some people who abuse heroin.

Redguards

Stereotypes

Orsimer

1. You can't judge them by their religious rules. They were despised and driven by other races by centuries, and those religious rules kept them alive and together, and they couldn't afford to have weak people with them, as they would only be a burden. Even now they are invited to Daggerfall Covenant because False High King Emeric feared that they would join Ebonheart Pact, as they and Dunmer have good relationship amongst themselves and share some history.
    2. Can't be dragonborn. So? That makes them bad guys how?

Bretons

Stereotypes

Khajiit

1. Stereotype. And that's because other races don't trust them so they have to make a living somehow if they live outside Elsweyr.
    2. I already talked about Khajiit - Argonian ancient rivalry.
    3. WTF dude?

Altmer

1. They created the whole civilization of Tamriel. If not for them, everyone except Argonians and Khajiit would still be living in tents and caves. You wouldn't be arrogant if you were Altmer? I know I would if I'm one.

Bosmer

1. That's their culture. Before trade was discovered they couldn't get enought food so they had to eat something, and now it left as kind of tradition.
    2. Why would they complain if Altmer massacre everyone BUT NOT THEM? I would let Altmer do whatever they want if I was a Bosmer, as long as they don't harm ME.
    3. Of course they will protect their own culture no matter what the cost. I don't understand how's that a bad thing? It's called COURAGE.
    4. That's coincidence.

I don't consider any race completely bad, but I do consider Argonians completely good (exceptions don't count). They have done nothing but defend themselves throughout history. They left Black Marsh only twice. First time they invaded Morrowind to free Argonians enslaved by House Dres, and second time to close Kvatch Oblivion gate and thus actually saved Tamriel in Oblivion Crisis.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

And btw dude, if you're not kidding about this, and are really this stereotypical in RL, consider professional help, somethings not right inside your helmet.
    Edited by Xinz'r on April 5, 2015 12:07AM
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Milk, alcohol, slaver, or racist. Choose your poison.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you generalize and sterotype FAR too much my friend:(

as for the wood elf cannibal thing... you should research their culture. there is a reason why they eat people. I believe its because they refuse to eat the meat of other animals? something like that.

btw, if you want to read a truely racist read, read "argonians among us" its disgusting
    Edited by Cody on April 12, 2015 10:22PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and "argonians worship necromancy"? where did you get this from? Argonians in general, worship the hist and sithis. the hist is not a necromantic god, and sithis is not a necromantic god. I fail to see where you got "argonians all worship necromancy" from.
  • dfwmikey74
    dfwmikey74
    ✭✭
    Wow, generalizing based on a handful of people in tamriel. Let's take a look at our own past.

ROMANS were EVIL

Captured slaves

Were arrogant

EGYPTIANS

Slavers

Worshipped Pagan Gods

SCANDANAVIANS

Barbarians

Worshipped Pagan Gods

AMERICANS

Slavers

Attempted Genocide of Native Indians

Drug Addicts

Rapists

Murderers

Everyone has a dark side including the races of Tamriel, but most of the people that I see, just want to survive.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really Dfwmikey74, what is your problem with "pagan gods"? The rest are actually mostly objectionable.

And as for the inital summary - well I came to this thread because really, most of ESO is just dark, and your quest choices are often between yuck, horrible and depressing as heck. On reading that first post, I honestly can't tell if it's meant to be serious or funny.

But just for the sake of it:

Dunmer - ancestor worship misunderstood/misrepresented as necromancy by outsiders. Slavery - yup, racist - holy crap yes! Those two overlap, as the most acceptable slaves are those who are unlike dunmer - goes back to the whole xenophobic thing. Wish there had been more on the Chimer here (in ESO), but oh well.

Nords - drink a lot; however in order to be really alcoholic, they'd have to have more negative life consequences. A few - yes, most - not supported. And racist - well pretty common everywhere, so hardly surprising.

Argonians - actually I was quite surprised at the cultural depth you get here; they really aren't that detailed in other ES games as far as I've seen. A very ZEN and self-sacrifing people in general, with similarly misunderstood connections to their ancestors as dunmer (the misunderstanding is the commonality, not the type/mechanism of connection/communion).

Redgards - what I have seen in-game has been quite defensive and clearly a response to some past battles/issues. Strong sense of personal and clan honor.

Orsimer - I love the trinimac/Malakath lore; there is so much potential here. The core of this race is sort of the ongoing answer to "what is left when your outside/identity is stripped away". There is some screwy illogic in-game about the gender/roles, but I put that down to sloppy research on some of the dev's part. Very much a samauri loyalty-is-given-unto death sort of feel.

Bretons - well my understanding is that they are the result of Imperial/Altmer interbreeding (to the outward horror of any altmer) and this means they are a little 'different'/ 'fey' than most men. I would expect some instability due to this, and a lot of predjudice against them from both men and mer. Sort of an entire race of ***.

Khajiit - looking at overall ES lore, moonsugar is what the Khajiit use/value and the reason is quite specific - it's an entheogen (chemical substance used to induce connection with the tribal/cultural divine). Skooma is an abuse/misuse of this sacred substance and I think it's lovely karma that the latter does so much damage. They also appear to have very different ideas of property (and not much respect for the concept of personal property) so I'd expect one to give me the shirt off of his/her back ... while pocketing my silverware.

Altmer - among the oldest of races, and partly because of this looking down at other "younger" races (which is literally untrue in the case of Khajiit and Argonians, both of whom go back further in the Nirn timeline). Best case - tend to want to lead/inspire, worst case - Thalmor.

Bosmer - physically small so the whole bow/stealth thing makes sense (but ESO really overdid their lack of size - it's just ... sad). The warped ESO (mis)interpetation of the green pact is so poorly done I go back and forth between laughing and crying. But some really cool connections with the living world around them. Isolationists, and considering what the altmer are like - that totally makes sense to me.

Imperials - the 'man' equivalent of the altmer "we are just that superior - if anyone should rule, it should be us"; now granted, given the history of torture/art, the Altmer are no great shakes as a choice to rule, but frankly I do buy into the Marvel [tm] comix idea that "power corrupts" so I don't really want anyone getting too much power for too long.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • dfwmikey74
    dfwmikey74
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Really Dfwmikey74, what is your problem with "pagan gods"? The rest are actually mostly objectionable.

You should really learn to read an entire post before commenting or you just make yourself look like an idiot. The point of the post was to show that all cultures and peoples could be classified as evil in some way or another. We have all had our villians, but we have also had had great leaders and vissionaries. The same can be said for all of the Tamrielic races, unfortunately most people only see what they want to see, the filth and lowest of society without looking at those who toil just out of sight, going about their daily lives, raising children, laughing, loving.
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    To start, I'm not going to break down every race, since it has already been done before. Arguments are fun, just as long as everyone doesn't take them personally.

Anyways, all of what OP said was a complete generalization about every race, a good amount of it not coming from lore, or anything that has to do with the lore. As much fun as it is talking about the negative aspects of each race, what about the positives? Just like RL cultures, there are always positives and negatives to each country and it's culture. Just saying that all of them are evil and that only one of them is good without hard evidence is like trying to commit someone of murder just because they happen to live next door.

Although what you did was go off the propaganda that each faction created for the other, making themselves look like angels and the rest demons. This is just like RL propaganda with war. Just because a few people do something horrible, doesn't mean that everyone else from their culture agrees with them.

I do have one question though, did you read between the lines when the Altmer towns were asking you to cure them of their plague? Did you read between the lines when the Khajiit in the Roost found out that the father figure of the family was a Skooma addict, but the brother and sister wanted nothing to do with Skooma and happily destroyed it? What about the Bosmer that needed your help with the Orcs trying to take over their village? The Bosmer poisoned themselves so that when they died, the Orcs would eat them, and then become poisoned and die as well. What about the Bosmer man that would have happily sacrificed himself to save his wife, who violated the Green Pact, and turned herself into a beast to save him?

I know I just used mostly Bosmer quests as examples, only because I finished Ghratwood and Greenshade recently.

If you applied all the same thinking that you did just now to every race in RL, wouldn't that make you the bad guy in RL since you're stereotyping all of them without stopping and taking the time to understand why they do what they do?
    Edited by SilvyrNixe on April 13, 2015 6:12PM
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • Dar_Zeena
    Dar_Zeena
    ✭✭
    I thought I read/heard somewhere that moonsugar/skooma had a different effect on Khajiit than on other races... I must be wrong...

Edit: Or was it Argonians and the Hist Sap? Ugh..
    Edited by Dar_Zeena on April 13, 2015 7:40PM
    Sophisticated Brat
    "Can you believe we have to register to enter the city?"

VR16 - Mizuki Andariaa - DK Tank
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no evil or immoral, just wanted and unwanted shaped and perceived in the context of right and wrong by each and everyone of us. So as the lore dude said recently on ESO live, we get to decide and I think that's great.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more along the lines of 30% of khajiit, are addicted to skooma. heck there are only a few cases in the AD story where you see one. Though i do agree with altmer...self entitled jerks lol. Also moon sugar (ingredient for skooma) is also used in khajiit cooking. Its pure use is medical and provisions. its illegal use is well skooma.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendaric wrote: »
    Yeah this isn't generalising at all.
    For example, only a fraction of Altmer are racial supremacists. The entire Dominion is based on equality. That's kinda why the racists hate it.

Having your own race not fight you is an outright lie. In the Ebonheart Pact alone half your time is spend fighting rogue Dunmer along with Argonians and Nords here and there. The other half seems to be spent crying about how mean the Covenant are.

You seem to be letting your opinions of the TESV era Thalmor colour your view of these. Even then, only a hardcore of them want to end the world.
    Plus, they're right about Talos. Bloody god-moding nab.

The general attitude of the Altmer is that they should rule as the races of men are too foolish to be left to their own devices. So, they are definitely racial supremacists.

well, considering it was HUMANITY that caused the whole "Molag Bal invades Tamriel" thing, and it was a human race that invaded tamriel to create the 2nd era empire, yeah, i would not exactly be happy with the human race EITHER.........

Heck, the entire point of pretty much the entire AD questline is fighting AGAINST racist supremacists.

EDIT: as for the necroed topic (WOW, i did not realize it was necroed, derp), the entire point is that none of the alliances are good are evil, they are all grey.
    Edited by PKMN12 on May 3, 2015 2:38AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two weeks is a "necro"?

Sheesh ... kids nowadays....
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the races of men are too foolish to be left to their own devices.

Taken out of context I can't help but flat out agree with this statement
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    Someone read that very racist book written for the Covenant and took it to heart.
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • Yia
    Yia
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    you generalize and sterotype FAR too much my friend:(

as for the wood elf cannibal thing... you should research their culture. there is a reason why they eat people. I believe its because they refuse to eat the meat of other animals? something like that.

btw, if you want to read a truely racist read, read "argonians among us" its disgusting

More misinformation, Bosmer of the Green Pact refuse to eat plants...all meat products are acceptable. Cannibalism is ritualistic, for when enemies are conquered, their meat must be eaten, not left to rot. Do not kill wastefully. Do not take on the shape of beasts.

And yes, the Wild Hunt does violate that last line, but there are heavy prices to be paid for incurring one.

Got Meat?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yia wrote: »
    Bosmer of the Green Pact refuse to eat plants...

I know enough about nutrition and how systems work to realize that's totally unrealistic for such a race; so I just presume it's like the alleged thousand words for "snow" alluded to in some northern clutures. In my understanding the "green" that bosmer do not eat is the sentient "green" (i.e. that would include grahtwoods and hist at a minimum).
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    That OP was as funny as that book you find detailing all the Dunmer houses, funny stuff.

However, if you play the EP you REALLY start to hate a certain other faction almost from the get go.

To be fair the Ebonhearts deserve everything the get for being so crap.
    I mean what did the Covenant sail unopposed through Nord waters? Warrior race my butt!
    But I guess you can't expect much when an ostensibly sensible race like the Dunmer are saddled with a bunch of hairy drunks and lizards.

My already high opinion of the Telvanni rose a notch when I learned they rejected the Pact.

You do know theres a vast ocean to the north right? That they didnt need to sail through anyones waters.

Honestly the whole game is underwhelming when it comes to the way they portray the different races. Theyre much more watered down then they are in the SPs. Not sure if its because of it being an MMO or what. But the Dunmer dont feel as much as the jerks they are in games like Morrowind and Skyrim. And the Nords are entirely too cheery for my tastes. They live in a time when theyre at war and their a nation split in half with Western Skyrim wanting nothing to do with Eastern. But every where you go in Skyrim its a drunken party. The Argonians seem to be shoehorned into the whole Alliance with an almost forgettable storyline in Shadowfen.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on June 8, 2015 11:45PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax