Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

What is the real and true situation of tank sorcerers currently ?

chongguang
chongguang
✭✭✭
Things are really confused to me currently, as i have heard many rumors about sorcerers, especially for the aspect of tank. Some one told me that Sor tank is great in all dungeons , from lv12 to VR 10... while some one told me that sor tanks are good at the beginning or primary dungeons and being weak in high level ones becaus of lacking self-healing.
Some neutral comments are that, Sors are good off-tanks but no chance to be MTs...

To the PVP part, Many are thinking SORS are op because of blinking with low cost and shiled bashing (I know in fact SB is more op than sor selvies). However, some one told me that sors are nothing but good runners ....They mean that sors cant win any 1v1 because of low spell damage (lightning and dark magic), if sor chose fight until the last stand one occurs.The situation will be:
Templar can defeat sors with any ability trees.
DK ...no reason for losing as they are op now and the king in the melee combat
NB...if sor suffer from their burst damage then GG...

So i just want to know the real situation of sorcerers. In pve part, i just want to know the tanking situation of sorcers, while in pvp i want know the general situation of sorcerers.
Thanks a lot for the comming comments
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wont comment on Sorce tanking... I'm a mobility/DPS full light armor Sorce, however people give their opinions based on what they see and specifically their perspective on it. All that stuff could be true to the people saying it. IMO get the specific info right from the people doing it, or at least give their input more weight than rumors.

I am also curious on how MT Sorce tanks are fearing in VR dungeons as I had also hear rumor that we couldn't handle a VR dungeon, but I'd like to know from those who have tried it.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • Xarko
    Xarko
    ✭✭✭
    VR7 sorc tank here. I use full light armor and so far no serious issues in any Veteran dungeon.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer takes a very high level of skill to play well. It also requires the right set of skills and armor stats to make the specs work. IMO, its perfectly balanced. The class has its perks for sure, but we also have the most hard counters in the game. For this reason, in PVP, I believe we are actually sub par. We are a one trick pony with Bolt Escape to escape from the situations we cant win (which happens a lot).

For PvE, we accel at almost everything. Surge and Dark Exchange makes us great healers. Critical Surge and Inner Light makes for a very good AoE spec with Pulsar. Our single target spell does high damage and healing with the addition of a passive. We have a few active abilities to prop up our lack of survivability (with a caster Sorcerer anyway).

Tanking, I have no real experience with, but from what I gather, Sorcerer isnt as good as other classes due to the lack of class tanking passives.
    Edited by SexyVette07 on May 8, 2014 1:20PM
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    run the storm armor with bound armor and pretend you don't have a armor class over 9000... Sorcerer could tank in any armor gear.. I recommend doing so with medium armor to maximise crit rating and overproc critical surge... aka run a critical focused sorc in med armor with phys weapon and khajiit race and you are gunna kill everything...
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention the boost you get while performing Dark Exchange...makes you damn near invulnerable while it channels.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    I have two tanking characters. The best of the two is an all heavy sorcerer
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not to mention the boost you get while performing Dark Exchange...makes you damn near invulnerable while it channels.

I don't think draining stamina is a good idea for a tank.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    Then what about PVP part , are sorcers really weak on 1v1???
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As a tank scorc it's not for everyone, you can get laid on your a** quickly if you not doing it right, we have allot of abblity that allows us too take huge amount of damage if they are pay attention, however a op above said you could do it I'm midium amour I never thought about it myself not sure ware he is going too get the spell resit from or the health regin rate that would hemp even more so then the damage would IMO. As far as pvp I'm not sure as I have not started that and will not start that tell I hit vet 10
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

I don't think draining stamina is a good idea for a tank.

What's more important being alive or being dead and also regening Stam is easy as a scorc tank
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chongguang wrote: »

Well, as an assassination based NB; I can't really say they are weak but they bolt away pretty fast.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mitrenga wrote: »
    chongguang wrote: »

Well, as an assassination based NB; I can't really say they are weak but they bolt away pretty fast.

I don't see how they couldn't see you, Mage light bolt escape, shard, volcanic ruin, and anther abblity it not even that use two handed second ablity, instead of voic runin, and use the and the 3 ablity from two hand and you couldn't do anything, they would have a ton of mobility