The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

WHich traits are better for tanking?

alexj4596b14_ESO
alexj4596b14_ESO
✭✭✭
all in title!
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impenetrable is a godsend for PvP and against monsters that crit regularly.
    Reinforced will help your armor.
    Divines can help if your mundus stone bonus is important to you.
    Infused will make your resource enchants better.
    Pick your poison.
    The Psijic Order
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Impenetrable is a godsend for PvP and against monsters that crit regularly.
    Reinforced will help your armor.
    Divines can help if your mundus stone bonus is important to you.
    Infused will make your resource enchants better.
    Pick your poison.

So i could use both Reinforced, and Divines for amour (i have the TOWER stone) and over all abundantly increase my amour and spell resit as a whole?
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So in this case i could use Reinforced on Chest,Legs,Solders, and Shield, and the rest use divines on and it stacks so it would be a considerable increase too spell resit
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    So in this case i could use Reinforced on Chest,Legs,Solders, and Shield, and the rest use divines on and it stacks so it would be a considerable increase too spell resit

Where are you getting the idea it will increase your spell resist, The Tower increases max stamina, does it not?
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you want spell resist, slap it on your rings/necklace. I have +1500 spell resist on them and it really helps.

as for traits, reinforced is kind of useless when you have skills that allow you to get into deep overcharged armor values.

infused max health or divines + mundus of choice sounds like a more useful option
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Where are you getting the idea it will increase your spell resist, The Tower increases max stamina, does it not?

no i changed it too the lover lol
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    if you want spell resist, slap it on your rings/necklace. I have +1500 spell resist on them and it really helps.

as for traits, reinforced is kind of useless when you have skills that allow you to get into deep overcharged armor values.

infused max health or divines + mundus of choice sounds like a more useful option

i am currently stacking health regin on my rings, but i dont have a set bounces ones, im going too look for a set that increase's health regin, and then add spell resit onto them as a legendary enchant, hopfly that will help, atm i have i think 70 health regin atm but i dont think its going too cut it at later times, im going too have too swich
  • Mephiston87
    Mephiston87
    ✭✭
    If your in plate you dont need reinforced as long as your armour is up to date with your level it will be capped, 3/4 impenetrible is what u want, divines the rest of your choice, one ring for spell resist, will bring it to equal your armour at vet 4 both of mine are 1.9k resist/armour all blue gear(self made). health regen caps very fast, so when thats capped just some stam or magica regen on the other rings depending on what you use. Im full magica stacked on my armour as im a templar ans dawns wrath/heals require mana. tho i do have a block cost reduction neck and a stam regen ring.
    Edited by Mephiston87 on May 8, 2014 4:26PM
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly is it Infused trait does? What armor enchants does it increase?

As for mundus stone, I have mundus stone set to Stamina and it seems to add 100 Stamina? So an entire set with Divines would increase it what? 50-60 stamina?

I've just slapped on Reinforced as I don't use +armor buffs in combat. I prefer the block increase & stamina reduction skill instead of armor increase.
  • Mephiston87
    Mephiston87
    ✭✭
    doggie wrote: »
    What exactly is it Infused trait does? What armor enchants does it increase?

As for mundus stone, I have mundus stone set to Stamina and it seems to add 100 Stamina? So an entire set with Divines would increase it what? 50-60 stamina?

I've just slapped on Reinforced as I don't use +armor buffs in combat. I prefer the block increase & stamina reduction skill instead of armor increase.

Infused increases all the enchants you put on the item, by 2-3 points in most cases.

yes if mundus is 100 stam and you cover your whole gear it should be around 50-60 ish.

block increase/stam reduction is only on jewellery. and maybe a set that i havent seen yet.
    Edited by Mephiston87 on May 8, 2014 5:05PM
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If your in plate you dont need reinforced as long as your armour is up to date with your level it will be capped, 3/4 impenetrible is what u want, divines the rest of your choice, one ring for spell resist, will bring it to equal your armour at vet 4 both of mine are 1.9k resist/armour all blue gear(self made). health regen caps very fast, so when thats capped just some stam or magica regen on the other rings depending on what you use. Im full magica stacked on my armour as im a templar ans dawns wrath/heals require mana. tho i do have a block cost reduction neck and a stam regen ring.

Iv been thinking along these lines for a bit now, iv been runing all CHR, but I don't feel like I'm maximizing the potential. I have seen many people say NPC's don't crit, now I don't know how true this is because there are times when I will lose a good portion my health bar too a normal attach, and my guild mates have confirmed this happens too them; we all play other classes.

I'm a scorc, shield and onehand tank, like you I'm going too be using more magic then stamina as a whole. My passives allow for a large reduction in magic cost because of my skill lines and a increase too health regin. I'm also using the light amour tree as well; currently Running 3 pieces of light amour for regin and spell resit. The rest is heavy amour, I am currently 30 points short of soft cap without my bound amour on other wises I'm at 1.8k amour and 1550 spell resit. Now at 3 CHR's that 100 per pice so 300 CHR total at legendary tempering. Now the Devine trait is going too be at 28% with 4 other pieces which will be a additional 28 points of spell resit. (I don't feel like that is right) Defending trait on the weapon which at legendary will be 10% of the total amount of spell and amour you have. If I add jewelry With a set bounce for spell resit, add health regin of 20 on one ring, magic on anther and a additional 250 spell resit not sure what the legendary version of that is, I should be right at 2k for both amour and spell resit as a whole.

Now that iv done the math I'm not sure if the 28% is going too be worth it as a whole now. Il have too think about that.
  • Mephiston87
    Mephiston87
    ✭✭
    chr?
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Crit hit reduction
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    chr?

Crit hit reduction or crit hit defense

• Mephiston87
    Mephiston87
    ✭✭
    bosses crit of that im certain, but tanking is less about the armour and more about the shield and the shield passives that come with the heavy armour tree. Even me im near full impenetrible all plate sword and shield even a basic Vet6 NPC a normal attack takes %5-%10 of my HP. Plate seems to stop very little in vet areas id hate to see what its like in light armour.
    Edited by Mephiston87 on May 8, 2014 8:43PM
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    bosses crit of that im certain, but tanking is less about the armour and more about the shield and the shield passives that come with the heavy armour tree. Even me im near full impenetrible all plate sword and shield even a basic Vet6 NPC a normal attack takes %5-%10 of my HP. Plate seems to stop very little in vet areas id hate to see what its like in light armour.

Iv seen no difference between plate and light amour, as far as tanking because of my bound amour which give me 1000 amour in addition too what I'm wearing, it's slight better cuz of the cost reduction of magic spells IMO, as I have 15% reduction in just the light amour I have plus my passives which equals about 30% reduction on all spell cost.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

But please note that I'm using the 3 lesser pieces of amour which are head, hands, belt. They have the least amour as a whole, I only lose about 50 amour points from using light as posed too heavy but get magic regin and reduction and penetration
  • kristiannyman88b16_ESO
    I'd say Infused or Impenetrable since Armor gets capped so easily and I hardly notice any difference between 50 armor. Rather have 50 hp.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Infused or Impenetrable since Armor gets capped so easily and I hardly notice any difference between 50 armor. Rather have 50 hp.

As a tank the one thing about infused is, you get a max of 6% of the enchant increase at legendary so you only going too get a max of 100 extrah of what ever stat you have on the amour but you would have too have it on every pice of amour.
  • kristiannyman88b16_ESO
    Ehh wish I was home right now. It's way more than 6% at least. I have 149hp on my shield. And I got the V10 legendary glyph. Don't remember if it gave 126 or 136.

I'm pretty sure the Infused on epic shield is 18%.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ehh wish I was home right now. It's way more than 6% at least. I have 149hp on my shield. And I got the V10 legendary glyph. Don't remember if it gave 126 or 136.

I'm pretty sure the Infused on epic shield is 18%.

Iv never seen it that high on crafted gear
  • kristiannyman88b16_ESO

Shield_zps41b82622.png?t=1399601647

• alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OK, well cool that is intresting how much health do u have?
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Shield_zps41b82622.png?t=1399601647
    how much health do u have?
  • kristiannyman88b16_ESO
    2653 Health
    1872 Stamina
    1360 Magicka
    1933 Spell Res
    2166 Armor

9 Magicka, 0 Health, 40 Stamina Attributes.
  • Xanxarib16_ESO
    infused gets you 20% at legendary and armor 8% and the crit res gives you 100.

also have any of you seen a boss crit yet? i havent so crit resist are for PvP... imo.

and to Kristiannyman88b16_ESO those stats are inflated. you got 500+ hp from PvP. plz take away your PvP stats to give players a real picture! ok? thx!!!
  • Fersaken
    Fersaken
    ✭✭
    inpen for the win
  • kristiannyman88b16_ESO

and to Kristiannyman88b16_ESO those stats are inflated. you got 500+ hp from PvP. plz take away your PvP stats to give players a real picture! ok? thx!!!

Here you go, screenshot without any PvP buffs. I tried to remove the Spirit Armor but it's not possible. The PvP one gave me about 181 Health due to diminishing return. Not 500 :)

I switched from Mage (100 Magicka) to Lord (100 Health) boon now aswell.

stats_zps3dd2d8f4.png

Edited by kristiannyman88b16_ESO on May 9, 2014 3:45PM
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

also have any of you seen a boss crit yet? i havent so crit resist are for PvP... imo.

Npc's Crit after lasts nights test vet run they do, and allot of the time for more then 2k
  • Xanxarib16_ESO

Npc's Crit after lasts nights test vet run they do, and allot of the time for more then 2k

Trash mobs or bosses? if the bosses crit then yea we should get some or if not all our armor geared up with crit res.

but then again, the only boss i know that hit me for a godly amount hits me for 1875 fire damage, and it never did crit on me. (i am a vamp tank)

so is it normal attacks that can crit or is it also there special attack? again the bosses. i havent seen it a crit yet from any of there speciel attacks and those are the attacks that really hurts.