Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Sorc Disintegrate passive

Sakiri
Sakiri
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What all procs this? Ive been hesitant to put points in it because the only storm calling spell Im using is surge.

• LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to log back in to double check but I believe all "lightning" skills, including staff. Please correct me I recall the wording wrong. In another thread asking this we did determine the stick does turn people to ashes.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it says lightning but I dont use a staff either. :/
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    Does it work with thundering presence tics?
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does work with Lightning Form and its morphs. It basically causes all sources of Lightning damage to become powerful if unreliable executes.
    The Psijic Order
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about weapon attacks with Surge active?
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thats exactly what I was most curious about.
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surge does no additional damage. It's a buff. You don't do any shock damage with surge empowered hits, so it doesn't trigger the passive.

Just slot thundering presence. It's kind of a weak passive, since nobody wants to rely on a 10% chance to instantly kill low health targets as those low health targets are dying quick anyways due to executes like whirlwind or mage's wrath.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont use mages' wrath either. Thats why I was wondering if it was a waste or not.

Shard, surge, restraining prison, venom arrow, twilight.
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are you having shard on a bow setup? the only instant proc chance comes from renewing surge every 20ish seconds, which is not remotely worth it for a 35% chance.
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm it also works with lightning enchants after the initial burst of dmg from a skill. For instance if one of my attack puts my target at 25% health or bellow, and my enchant occures after the initial hit, I still have 10% chance to disintegrate it.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crescent wrote: »
    Why are you having shard on a bow setup? the only instant proc chance comes from renewing surge every 20ish seconds, which is not remotely worth it for a 35% chance.

Encase procs it.
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but between surge and encase he's not getting that many casts considering the cost of running both. Especially with the reduced magicka from running twilight.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soloing skulls pre VR Ill take the extra damage. And on packs it seems to proc more than not.

Might change later, but for now it works. I dont have need for an execute often.