Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Heavy armor - passive bonuses need a love

• Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »
    I think the problem with Armor passives is making them TOO good like you MUST wear Light Armor to be a caster or you MUST wear Heavy Armor to be a tank.

Ironically that is the current problem right now. Light Armor is too good that both Tanks and Non-Tanks must to wear them. Now both Caster and Tank have to be in Light Armor to get optimal performance.

Just that running with Heavy Armor is never optimal.
    Irony, indeed.

I think this may have something to do with the fact that the spell cost reduction mechanic is, arguably, the most powerful thing to be stacking due to the lack of cost reduction caps and raw point-for-point efficiency, and keeping in mind the dominance of Magicka-heavy builds.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka heavy builds in PVP people are going to find out SUCK when you have a Sorcerer/s around that want to rain on your parade. ESPECIALLY healers.

Negate Magic is an is more powerful the more your opponent leans on magic as Negate Magic takes it away. PLUS there is few abilities in the game that reflect magic abilities back.
    Options
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka heavy builds in PVP people are going to find out SUCK when you have a Sorcerer/s around that want to rain on your parade. ESPECIALLY healers.

Negate Magic is an is more powerful the more your opponent leans on magic as Negate Magic takes it away. PLUS there is few abilities in the game that reflect magic abilities back.

this come from a sorcerer..

1) negate magic is an hell of a good skill... but you can move out of it (yes this apply to lot of ultimate... that makes them really good for bombing or pushes... but if you have room to move those ultimate loose most of their power... negate magic is not an universal solution ^^

2) reflect spell also apply to most phisical progectile (don't know if this is intended or a bug but have seen plenty of snipe reflected by DK ^^') and they still only reflect single target skill... AoE are totally free of reflect... and guess what... the best AoE skil are all magika based ^^'

with this said... I second the opinion of some poster above... what makes Light armor the king of armors is actualy the cost reduction... nor heavy nor medium armor have this... and that is the reason why light armored player have the ability to use much more skill...

also it should be noted that there are plenty of way to recover magika while there is a really limited numebr of similar skill or passive for stamina recovery... and most of them simply increase "regen" that is something most classes aready cap on their own (and obviously those increase of regen are subject to soft cap ^^' ) this is an additional reason that pushes toward magika build be favored... and as a consequence the "magika oriented" light armor gain even more value...
    Options
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    Heavy armor is the worst armor by far. Is really useless in AvA.

I started this thread in AvA forum. Your support would be nice.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/101062/heavy-armor-completly-useless-in-pvp#latest
    Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
    Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor is the worst armor by far. Is really useless in AvA.

I started this thread in AvA forum. Your support would be nice.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/101062/heavy-armor-completly-useless-in-pvp#latest

Many of the pve community stand in support. Heavy is just completely bad at this moment. Soft caps on health and and armor make it immpossible to realy build a heavy armor chr. Combined with horrible passives and horrible melee damage .its very depressing
    Options
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is "Juggernaut" Passive working for you guys ? It does not on my character sheet (no +7% damage).
    Options
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    I say again, the incoming healing bonus needs a buff.

This would mean it makes sense for tanks to wear heavy again, without making the healer optional. It would also help anyone trying to make a paladin self healing type character. The incoming heal buff needs to be big enough that the character can sustain themselves longer in heavy than they can from going light with it's reductions to healing spell cost and regen boost. Yes, I'm thinking of my poor old Templar here.
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭

This would mean it makes sense for tanks to wear heavy again, without making the healer optional. It would also help anyone trying to make a paladin self healing type character. The incoming heal buff needs to be big enough that the character can sustain themselves longer in heavy than they can from going light with it's reductions to healing spell cost and regen boost. Yes, I'm thinking of my poor old Templar here.
    The incoming healing bonus isn't as good as it sounds. You can be easily topped off when tanking in light, or medium.

What Heavy needs is some tanky mechanics in passives. Like flat reduction in damage taken as your health diminishes, transfer a portion of damage taken (or award flat amounts, scaled with stamina, per damage taken, even through block) into magicka, stamina, or whatever, or award HMS for successful blocks, some srt of "recoil force", considerably enhancing damage after a successful block, etc, etc, etc.
    Edited by Still_Mind on May 30, 2014 9:08AM
    Options
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »

The incoming healing bonus isn't as good as it sounds. You can be easily topped off when tanking in light, or medium.

What Heavy needs is some tanky mechanics in passives. Like flat reduction in damage taken as your health diminishes, transfer a portion of damage taken (or award flat amounts, scaled with stamina, per damage taken, even through block) into magicka, stamina, or whatever, or award HMS for successful blocks, some srt of "recoil force", considerably enhancing damage after a successful block, etc, etc, etc.

It's not been my experience that healers are always able to top me off in group instances, they often run out of Magicka .. granted that can be because I made an error, or because someone else is standing in flames and sucking up all the heals. More of an issue solo though, I can't top myself up that much.

My Magika pool is half the size of my Health pool, and my Templar class healing skill only gives one point of health for every magicka it costs. OTOH the softcap for Magika regen is twice what it is for Health regen, so it works out that I can take twice as much damage in a 1 minute fight than if I had no self heal. But that's barely enough to compensate for my lack of range dps, cc , burst dps or in fact any kind of dps at all.

My character ATM

Health Pool 2330
    Health Regen 50 every 2 sec = 1500/min

Magicka Pool 1331
    Magika Regen 74 every 2 sec = 2200 /min

Honour the Dead Healing: Power Ratio 1.05 : 1
    Honour the Dead Crit rate : 30%
    Incoming Heal modifier : 5%
    Overall, assuming average number of crits that's a ratio of 1.4 : 1

If honor the dead procs, the power return greatly improves the ratio, but that means allowing my health to go below 600 before casting a heal. Get stunned, or encounter a lag spike and you're dead, not worth it.

So assuming I use all magika for healing, don't use any pots, I can ship 8773 damage over a 1 minute fight, without my heals that'd be 3830.

ATM, going from 5H 2L to 7 Light armour would get me

20% more regen
    15% lower power cost

..not to mention the effect of increased crit chance (35%?) which should affect my heals yes?

I'd take 20% more damage assuming the incoming is physical and not spells, and loose 5% incoming healing. Therefore, even as a self healer, light armour is a no brainer.... heavy armour incoming healing modifier needs to improve to close this gap.

Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't tanked as a Templar myself - only NB and DK (did Sorc, too, but sub-VR doesn't count). Self-healing (unless situational) isn't really an efficient way to spend Magicka while tanking, because it doesn't scale with content.

That said, I do believe this is one of the issues with Templar design - it doesn't have strong class-based tanking mitigation, and Nova is more like nerfed DK Banner\Veil of Blades.
    Options
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't tanked as a Templar myself - only NB and DK (did Sorc, too, but sub-VR doesn't count). Self-healing (unless situational) isn't really an efficient way to spend Magicka while tanking, because it doesn't scale with content.

That said, I do believe this is one of the issues with Templar design - it doesn't have strong class-based tanking mitigation, and Nova is more like nerfed DK Banner\Veil of Blades.

It's better than spending it on DPS.... you seen our class skills lately?

At least spending it on heals, I got the 5% incoming modifier and 30% heal crit chance, as well as a possible return proc. If you're in mostly heavy armour like me, and haven't invested in damage, crit or magika, the dps spells are terrible as well.

Generally I put a HOT on myself with resto staff before a tough fight, theoretically I can even swap mid battle but lag isn't always helpful.

At the start of a fight I spend Magika on Entropy (morphed to Degeneration) and Vampire's Bane, since these are both DoTs and HoTs with a near 2:1 investment ratio. If I put Entropy on more than one target it's actually a fair bit of healing.

I'd like the self healing build to be a little more viable. I feel that , fair enough, with low magika, crit and heavy armour, I should have very low spell dps, but I should get some kind of healing boost for not having any dps spells slotted. I'd like to be able to sustain myself a long time in combat while I whittle down enemy with basic attacks , movement and blocking, and would like enough group healing ability to make me not absolutely the worst tank you could bring along in a group.
    Options
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭

It's not been my experience that healers are always able to top me off in group instances, they often run out of Magicka .. granted that can be because I made an error, or because someone else is standing in flames and sucking up all the heals. More of an issue solo though, I can't top myself up that much.

My Magika pool is half the size of my Health pool, and my Templar class healing skill only gives one point of health for every magicka it costs. OTOH the softcap for Magika regen is twice what it is for Health regen, so it works out that I can take twice as much damage in a 1 minute fight than if I had no self heal. But that's barely enough to compensate for my lack of range dps, cc , burst dps or in fact any kind of dps at all.

My character ATM

Health Pool 2330

Magicka Pool 1331
    Magika Regen 74 every 2 sec = 2200 /min

Honour the Dead Healing: Power Ratio 1.05 : 1
    Honour the Dead Crit rate : 30%
    Incoming Heal modifier : 5%
    Overall, assuming average number of crits that's a ratio of 1.4 : 1

If honor the dead procs, the power return greatly improves the ratio, but that means allowing my health to go below 600 before casting a heal. Get stunned, or encounter a lag spike and you're dead, not worth it.

So assuming I use all magika for healing, don't use any pots, I can ship 8773 damage over a 1 minute fight, without my heals that'd be 3830.

20% more regen
    15% lower power cost

..not to mention the effect of increased crit chance (35%?) which should affect my heals yes?

I'd take 20% more damage assuming the incoming is physical and not spells, and loose 5% incoming healing. Therefore, even as a self healer, light armour is a no brainer.... heavy armour incoming healing modifier needs to improve to close this gap.

"Health Pool 2330

Magicka Pool 1331
    Magika Regen 74 every 2 sec = 2200 /min"

I'm curious what other people have going for their characters. I was making glyphs for a friend who wanted all health for armor and we started discussing his build-- he had 1700 health and 880 stamina/magicka (or roughly that).

That kind of meshes with what you have, but is far from what I have-- my level 39 character has roughly 1260 health and 1150 magicka/stamina.

I can switch some glyphs from magicka/stamina to health, potentially increasing it a bit, but I haven't really had cause to. When I die it is because I am overwhelmed with enemies and having more health wouldn't have made much of a difference-- as it is I can use Breath of Life and transfer magicka to health when necessary, so I kind of use magicka as my overflow health bar that can be translated into damage if I'm not in danger.

Thoughts? Should I just start speccing for health big time?
    Options
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭

"Health Pool 2330

Magicka Pool 1331
    Magika Regen 74 every 2 sec = 2200 /min"

I'm curious what other people have going for their characters. I was making glyphs for a friend who wanted all health for armor and we started discussing his build-- he had 1700 health and 880 stamina/magicka (or roughly that).

That kind of meshes with what you have, but is far from what I have-- my level 39 character has roughly 1260 health and 1150 magicka/stamina.

I can switch some glyphs from magicka/stamina to health, potentially increasing it a bit, but I haven't really had cause to. When I die it is because I am overwhelmed with enemies and having more health wouldn't have made much of a difference-- as it is I can use Breath of Life and transfer magicka to health when necessary, so I kind of use magicka as my overflow health bar that can be translated into damage if I'm not in danger.

Thoughts? Should I just start speccing for health big time?

My reasons for loading health

1. when soloing, I might want to try and proc the power return on my class heal skill, honour the dead. This only procs if I am below 50% AFTER healing myself. Since it heals for 466, and I got 5% incoming heal modifier, I need to get very low to use it.

2330 divide by two
    minus 105% of 466
    equals = 676 health.... one little lag spike and i'm dead, so want to get health up to the softcap without buffs.

2. I'm a tank, I should have lots

3. Depending on need, I can buff Magika or Stamina with food

For my jewellery slots I equip a Health regen ring, a stamina regen ring , and a magika regen one, when solo, which brings all 3 regens near the softcap. When tanking I take off the health regen one since it's going to be unnoticeable compared to the heals i'm receiving, and equip a Stamina cost reduction item in it's place. If, some poor misguided souls take me as a mainhealer, I suppose i'd replace the stamina and health rings for two magika cost reduction ones. I suppose I should really keep a full set of light armour crafted too... but that's a step too far!
    Options
  • Moonchilde
    Moonchilde
    ✭✭✭
    How about making physics count?

1. Make cloth extremely vulnerable in terms of damage/resistance.
    2. Make heavy armor way tougher and resistant, but have it impact speed and casting costs more significantly.
    3. Done

This will start a line of adjustments that will balance classes and abilities. Sure, you can stack your magika to godly levels, but you will be a glass cannon. You can wear heavy armor to compensate, but you will move slower, and your godly magika pool gets balanced out.

These are really old fantasy balance measures, but we should not have to reinvent the wheel here, should we? '

Don't tell me its shield that makes you a tank, that's bull. You know what armor is? Armor is wearing shields all over your body. I shouldn't have to say this, but people are suffering amnesia all over the place.

Make armor increase survivability by giving it a respectable armor/resist value and way higher cap in comparison with other armors. Reduce casting ability while wearing it, so that classes and class modalities have meaning and function - and equal appeal in groups.
    Edited by Moonchilde on May 30, 2014 6:48PM
    Options
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭

20% more regen
    15% lower power cost

No , heavy armour does not need greater penalties in spell casting, they are already huge. I don't want to destroy one of the distinguishing features of the game either, that class lines are blurred and that people can swing roles. But at the moment it is not balanced, because there is no reason to take heavy.

Moonchilde, if they increase the disparity in armour value too much we'll be back to WoW model where your character is good for one thing only. 2000+ strength and intelligence below 100 or the other way round. Also if they reduce movement speed of heavy characters... god help us, you'd be kited to death.

Maybe do away with these annoying sorcerer buffs though. If you want high armour value you equip heavy armour, not by wearing light then casting a spell.

I want my self-healing/offhealing Paladin style to be viable. I don't want to become another meathead.

Buffing incoming healing to 30% for 5 heavy would give a reason for tanks to use it. It would help me self heal better when solo. But since my agro control is poor on multiple mobs, i'd like my offheals to be more effective in a group if I don't slot dps skills too.
    Edited by jesterstear on May 30, 2014 9:37PM
    Options
  • Moonchilde
    Moonchilde
    ✭✭✭
    Fiery Grip or any of the rush attacks can close a speed gap. Honestly, i'd go with any solution that makes heavy respectable. They don't have to use my suggestion, but something that actually reflects the reality of heavy armor would be nice.

At the moment, the it appears that wearing something that should dampen magic and stop damage doesn't seem to dampen magic or stop damage in comparison to other substances that shoudn't do as well.

Many people are asking for the ability to make a non-magicka build, because its not viable yet. This buff to Heavy would make it more likely, but if not armor, which is the backbone of a non-magic character, how do you accomplish this?

Granting improved self-healing requires a heal to be cast - not in the picture for a non-magicka build, and besides we already have this with Healing Ritual.
    Edited by Moonchilde on May 30, 2014 11:34PM
    Options
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play only tank and I think heavy armor are good, but you need to use the passives as well.

I also use 2 pieces of medium for the stamina regen. Works pretty well.
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
    Options
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the issue isn't that Heavy/Medium armor passives suck its that Light Armor passives are too good.

The play as you want thing is still relevant if you want to wear Light Armor but occasionally tank without changing your gear set all you do is set up your Light Armor to reach soft cap. Sure you can "Tank" but a Heavy Armor person should simply be able to do it SLIGHTLY better. Same thing goes for Medium Armor, MOST NightBlades usually want to wear Medium Armor as it fits the rogue mentality and then if they want to tank they push it up to soft cap and again Heavy Armor does it SLIGHTLY better.

Armor shouldn't be role defining any more than class choice is. That being said the passives for Light Armor are probably just too good is why everybody is choosing it.
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the issue isn't that Heavy/Medium armor passives suck its that Light Armor passives are too good.

The play as you want thing is still relevant if you want to wear Light Armor but occasionally tank without changing your gear set all you do is set up your Light Armor to reach soft cap. Sure you can "Tank" but a Heavy Armor person should simply be able to do it SLIGHTLY better. Same thing goes for Medium Armor, MOST NightBlades usually want to wear Medium Armor as it fits the rogue mentality and then if they want to tank they push it up to soft cap and again Heavy Armor does it SLIGHTLY better.

Armor shouldn't be role defining any more than class choice is. That being said the passives for Light Armor are probably just too good is why everybody is choosing it.
    Probably has more to do with the fact that Magicka-based skills are much more functional than Stamina skills (will only be a mild exaggeration to say that "anything Stamina can do, Magicka can do better"), and do not share resource pools with core defensive utility (dodge, block, CC break).

And I'm fully convinced that Medium armour needs a passive armour penetration skill to mirror Light armour's spell penetration.
    Options
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably has more to do with the fact that Magicka-based skills are much more functional than Stamina skills (will only be a mild exaggeration to say that "anything Stamina can do, Magicka can do better"), and do not share resource pools with core defensive utility (dodge, block, CC break).

And I'm fully convinced that Medium armour needs a passive armour penetration skill to mirror Light armour's spell penetration.

I have wrote this other places so I will bring it here too.

Stamina and Magicka were supposed to have 2 different playstyles.

Magicka is High Damage low sustainment
    Stamina is Normal damage high sustainment

Where Magicka is supposed to suffer from running out of Magicka, Stamina builds gain from the fact that their survivability and Light/Heavy Attacks are STRONGER than a Magicka build sustaining good damage.

The real issue is Magicka builds never run out of Magicka unless your a Templar. Due to that fact a Stamina build is completely worthless cause you never run out of High Damage.

There is only 1 fix to that and people wont like it so you cant really fix the balance without a pissed off player base.

With Devs so quiet its hard to know whats to be expected of this game and how its meant to be played.
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    ^
    That's only in theory, friend. Practice has it that Magicka offers pretty much everything at once, while asking very little in return.

I do enjoy running a Stamina Bow build in Cyrodill (bow ganks are fun as hell because you can cram 2 hits into the sneak attack, then 2 hits immediately after), but I really wouldn't use it for PvE DPS, or organized PvP.
    Options
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    That's only in theory, friend. Practice has it that Magicka offers pretty much everything at once, while asking very little in return.

I do enjoy running a Stamina Bow build in Cyrodill (bow ganks are fun as hell because you can cram 2 hits into the sneak attack, then 2 hits immediately after), but I really wouldn't use it for PvE DPS, or organized PvP.

Again that's due to the fact every class other than Templar can work around the resource management.
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    ^

Again that's due to the fact every class other than Templar can work around the resource management.
    I get what you're saying, but the overall repertoire of Magicka functionality, and its cost-to-effect ratio, even pre-cost reduction, is noticeably superior to Stamina skills - even if we take into consideration generally higher weapon damage of Stamina-oriented styles (although DK passives+magelight turns a Destro Fire staff into a very solid source of sustainable free damage).
    Options
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sure more balancing will come just got to get everything working 1st. But its a LONG journey as there is a LONG list of things that need to be fix.....balancing is at the bottom of the list.
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure more balancing will come just got to get everything working 1st. But its a LONG journey as there is a LONG list of things that need to be fix.....balancing is at the bottom of the list.
    Except it should be at the top - well, maybe not top 1, but within top 3, especially with the current state of balance.
    Options
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina and Magicka were supposed to have 2 different playstyles.

Magicka is High Damage low sustainment
    Stamina is Normal damage high sustainment

Where Magicka is supposed to suffer from running out of Magicka, Stamina builds gain from the fact that their survivability and Light/Heavy Attacks are STRONGER than a Magicka build sustaining good damage.

The real issue is Magicka builds never run out of Magicka unless your a Templar. Due to that fact a Stamina build is completely worthless cause you never run out of High Damage.

There is only 1 fix to that and people wont like it so you cant really fix the balance without a pissed off player base.

With Devs so quiet its hard to know whats to be expected of this game and how its meant to be played.

Sadly this isn't the case. A light attack with DW does 72 at VR 10 with siphon strikes on.

A light attack with Destro staff does 130 and crits for 260+
    Options
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    The armor traits are busted. Lots of players are of the opinion that LA is OP, I am of the opinion that LA is where it should be and the other 2 need to be brought up to its level. The problem with magicka not running out isn't exactly the case. A combination of spell symmetry and magicka pots is what is keeping the mana pool up. In my opinion this is acceptable. Pots are a resource/gold sink, and spell symmetry takes health that you can't heal back yourself for 4s.

So lets look at the skills that make LA "OP"

Evocation- reduces cost of all magicka abilities by 3% per piece(tweak to non weapon skill magicka abilities add the cost reduction passive to destro and resto staves like every other weapon line.)

Spell warding- adds 8% spell resistance per piece(probably too high 6% should be sufficient)

Concentration- adds 6% spell penetration per piece(again probably too high 4% should work)

Now, how can we tweak the other armors to be equal?(I am just talking about armor lines. I am not going to touch on the fact that too many things draw from your stamina pool that is a totally different discussion)

Medium Armor

Dexterity - reduces the cost of all non weapon ability stamina skills as well as class skills by 3% per piece

Wind walker- leave as is

Improved Sneak- leave as is

Agility- When wearing 5 or more pieces of medium armor increase crit chance by 10%

Athletics- leave as is(possibly add armor penetration)

Heavy Armor(this one gets tricky)

Resolve- Increases Armor and Spell Resistance by 4% up from 3% as well as reduces the cost of class abilities by 3%

Constitution- reduces cost of cc break by x% and extends cc immunity by Xs per piece

Juggernaut- when no shield equipped Increases power with melee attacks by 4% per piece. With shield equipped reduces cost of block by 4% per piece.

Bracing(name should be changed)- When wearing 5 pieces or more reduces damage from AOE by x%, ads 5% crit chance when not wearing a shield, gain additional x ultimate when successfully blocking an attack with a shield.

Rapid Mending- leave as is.

I am also of the opinion that there should not be spell and weapon crit, just crit. Having both causes too many problems.

I also think there should be a separate resource for sneak, sprint, block, dodge, and cc break. This pool should be a x% of your max health and regen should be x% of health regen thus affecting stamina, magicka, and hybrid builds the same.

Class skills should not be married to max magicka to determine damage, but should use whichever resource is higher be it stamina or magicka.

Stamina based weapons need to do more damage. Especially the melee abilities, however if a new resource is created for defenses then you can't up them too much or stamina builds with class skills on there bar will outperform magicka builds because they will be able to use both resource pools.

Bjorn Uldnost
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Medium Armor

Dexterity - reduces the cost of all non weapon ability stamina skills as well as class skills by 3% per piece

Wind walker- leave as is

Improved Sneak- leave as is

Agility- When wearing 5 or more pieces of medium armor increase crit chance by 10%

Athletics- leave as is(possibly add armor penetration)

these changes will make everybody switch from LA to medium as medium would be far superior then the current LA wich you would nerf on top of the medium improvements...
    21%stam and magica cost reduction(+20% stam reduction by weapon lines or 20%magica reduction by staves)vs nothing, 21%crit chance+10% 5slot critchance vs 10%critchance.

sorry eventhough i do a gree that medium and heavy armor need buffs your options are horrible...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options